Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-24-2006, 06:57 PM   #41
Cardstock Collector

Default taxes/payments to SU

Quote:

Originally Posted by isoldepettibone
....And when a customer pays you $30.25 for the $25.95 stamp set (that is with MI sales tax) do you pay $25.06 to SU and keep the $5.19 (20% of the 25.95) or do you pay it all to SU and they pay you $5.19?
TIA!!!
You pay SU the cost after your 20% discount, so in this case, you pay SU the $35.06. It is a great way (imho) to cut down on the paperwork and payments necessary by SU.

With respect to the more general topic of being a demonstrator. I started demo'ing in 2003. I have had good quarters, great quarters, and slow quarters. SU is flexible enough that you can have a slow quarter, as long as you make up for lost time within the next month. Since I was in grad school for a while, this make-up time was very important.

I would recommend finding a demo near you or someone you feel comfortable with. Hobby demo's may not have as much experience, but are sometimes the most reliable, and informed, since they have more time to spend on SCS.

Good luck!
Jessica
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 06-24-2006, 07:05 PM   #42
Compulsive Stamper

I have a full time govt job in addition to my stamp addiction so I am a "hobby" demo. The discount is great plus I have met a TON of great people! I have a stamp camp once a month and the stampers order something every month with in addition to my purchases keeps me active and then some!
I am not sure if anyone said it yet or not, but you are able to swap items in the starter kit- you can substitute sets, etc. That way you might end up with less doubles of things. The cattys are good to trade as are the forms!
Old 07-05-2006, 04:30 AM   #43
Mad Swapper

After months and months of thinking this thru, I finally sent in my papers Monday. How long will it take to get the kit? Also, is there any software that will help with all the "paperwork"? Would just a simple spreadsheet do the trick?

www.3ScrappinChicks.com
Old 07-05-2006, 06:06 AM   #44
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chipper
After months and months of thinking this thru, I finally sent in my papers Monday. How long will it take to get the kit? Also, is there any software that will help with all the "paperwork"? Would just a simple spreadsheet do the trick?
You should have everything within a week or two ... hopefully less. Once you get you demo number, sign up here on SCS for the Demo Boards. You'll find lots of helpful information to help you get started. The thread you'll need is
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/fo...ad.php?t=82832

There are lots of solutions for the "paperwork". I use Stampers Sidekick which is a database program to keep track of everything. Others use Excel spreadsheets. It depends on your plans for your business. Again, lots more information and thoughts about these on the demo boards, so be sure to sign up for them.
Old 07-05-2006, 10:57 AM   #45
Quacker Stamper

I'm glad that I found this thread. I'm planning to sign up as a demo this month after the 15th. I'm so excited. I plan to be a hobby demo, but I have a couple friends that are interested in stamping so they may become customers. One of the girls is in the stamp group I'm in now and we'll continue to meet together each month to learn new techniques. I saw the post about the starter kit's having a lot of stuff we already have. I have most of the stamp pads and I already have the pastels, but since there are new colors in the new catty, I'm planning to substitute some of those new colors for what they offer that I already have. Same with the cardstock - I'm planning to get an assortment of the new colors. I'm so anxious and you guys have answered questions I didn't even know I have yet. TFS.
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Old 07-05-2006, 11:46 AM   #46
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by isoldepettibone
Okay this tax thing is always overwhelming to me, that is why my husband does our taxes, but he will want to know the answers to these questions before I jump into being a demo. Which 1099 form (there is a BUNCH of them). And when a customer pays you $30.25 for the $25.95 stamp set (that is with MI sales tax) do you pay $25.06 to SU and keep the $5.19 (20% of the 25.95) or do you pay it all to SU and they pay you $5.19?
TIA!!!

you get you income on the spot su just askes for 20% less so you keep the money you have in your hands. which is nice not waiting for a check and if you sell enough you even get bonus money as well take care