Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-14-2019, 07:07 PM   #1  
Mad Swapper

Received 264 Likes on 109 Posts
Default Papertrey Ink announcement

I received an email from Papertrey Ink about an hour ago. I couldn't make the graphics fit here, but changes are coming to be announced on Friday, February 1.
Hi everybody,<o:p></o
We hope your New Year is off to a great start! <o:p></o
This year Papertrey Ink will be making some huge changes that we are so excited to share with you. <o:p></o
Stop by our website or blog on February 1st for a special announcement about all the amazing plans we have in store for you in 2019! You won't want to miss it!<o:p></o
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-18-2019, 04:27 PM   #2  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

So far, it's not sounding good...... we'll have to wait & see.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-18-2019, 04:49 PM   #3  
Forum Fanatic

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

[QUOTE=TLady;21770195]So far, it's not sounding good...... we'll have to wait & see.[/QUOTE

Please explain the reason for your doomsday remark...I don’t get PTI updates but I do buy from them about once a year and enjoy the products I have.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-18-2019, 08:45 PM   #4  
Crimping Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Many designers are leaving. Betsy, Lexi, Dawn, Lizzie, and Kimberly. Heather left recently. They are apparently taking some new direction. They have hired one new designer named Karen Yoder. They will announce the new direction on Feb. 1st. Seems big. I stopped buying stamps about two years ago but I still buy cardstock. The announcement says they are still going to be a stamp company but different. Very mysterious.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-19-2019, 04:05 AM   #5  
Hardware Hotshot

[QUOTE=Boss;21770204]
Quote:

Originally Posted by TLadyView Post
So far, it's not sounding good...... we'll have to wait & see.[/QUOTE

Please explain the reason for your doomsday remark...I don’t get PTI updates but I do buy from them about once a year and enjoy the products I have.

I've noticed changes from the beginning when Nichol left------
The site crashes when everyone is trying to get the new release, they don't restock, when you sign up for notices that they have restocked- you're not notified, as one woman has said---the best designers, who are the heart of the company are gone now. The reason so many loved the company to begin with. Their designs were truly unique & you couldn't find anything like them on the market! These designers WERE PTI!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-19-2019, 06:22 AM   #6  
Forum Fanatic

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

[QUOTE=TLady;21770363]
Quote:

Originally Posted by BossView Post

I've noticed changes from the beginning when Nichol left------
The site crashes when everyone is trying to get the new release, they don't restock, when you sign up for notices that they have restocked- you're not notified, as one woman has said---the best designers, who are the heart of the company are gone now. The reason so many loved the company to begin with. Their designs were truly unique & you couldn't find anything like them on the market! These designers WERE PTI!

Now I get what you are saying. Thank you for filling the gap of information for me.
I, too, have experienced the out-of-stock issue with their paper line and I thought it was just me trying to buy at the wrong time. In the past I’ve fallen in love with their Make It To Market special edition stuff.
You are right, their designs were unique and versatile. I saw their designs as classy, not trendy and very much enjoyed studying the card samples that were posted with each set.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-19-2019, 07:01 AM   #7  
Hardware Hotshot

[QUOTE=Boss;21770428]
Quote:

Originally Posted by TLadyView Post

Now I get what you are saying. Thank you for filling the gap of information for me.
I, too, have experienced the out-of-stock issue with their paper line and I thought it was just me trying to buy at the wrong time. In the past I’ve fallen in love with their Make It To Market special edition stuff.

You are right, their designs were unique and versatile. I saw their designs as classy, not trendy and very much enjoyed studying the card samples that were posted with each set.
YES, the Make It Market Kits are done by BETSY! I think Betsy basically CARRIED the company with all of her designs! Her designs were WHY I liked PTI so much! The other designers that CARRIED the company left too. Nichole, the founder really had these ladies BE THE COMPANY & it worked with Nichole at the helm! This isn't the first time I've seen designers leave a company in droves & probably not the last. It IS a signal that SOMETHING IS, OFF! We'll wait & see what happens..... MAYBE, they'll offer things that I've wished PTI would have carried all along BUT, the signs tell me things are not in good working order. I think the new owners wanted a company with a reputable name, but wants to change things so drastically, it won't be PTI anymore, sadly. PTI was a "classic" kind of company. It offered & presented their products with a "Hallmark" kind of touch. It has lost that touch.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-19-2019, 07:24 AM   #8  
Crimping Master

So you think they are selling the company?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-19-2019, 07:29 AM   #9  
Hardware Hotshot

No, they already sold the company. The new owners are making the changes.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-19-2019, 07:37 AM   #10  
Crimping Master

Really? I hadn’t seen that info anywhere. Nobody on their forum seems to know that.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-19-2019, 07:41 AM   #11  
Hardware Hotshot

I believe they sold the company about a year ago??? I could be off a little on the time, but yeah, Nichole sold the company & Julie & another lady are the new owners. That's probably why you don't find it in the forums, as it was awhile ago. That was when they brought on some new people as designers.....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-19-2019, 07:53 AM   #12  
Crimping Master

I think Julie and her mom Jane inherited a paper company years ago and they asked Nichole to come on board to design a stationery line. Nichole pitched the idea of stamps and became a partner. That was how it all started. The “trey” in Papertrey is for the three of them. Julie and maybe Jane then took over the day to day when Nichole left. Julie has been the CS manager from the get go and an owner. At least that is the story that Nichole always told when interviewed. I communicated with Julie a number of times years ago about CS stuff. If they have sold it would mean that Julie and Jane are no longer owners.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-19-2019, 08:06 AM   #13  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by maryalenaView Post
I think Julie and her mom Jane inherited a paper company years ago and they asked Nichole to come on board to design a stationery line. Nichole pitched the idea of stamps and became a partner. That was how it all started. The “trey” in Papertrey is for the three of them. Julie and maybe Jane then took over the day to day when Nichole left. Julie has been the CS manager from the get go and an owner. At least that is the story that Nichole always told when interviewed. I communicated with Julie a number of times years ago about CS stuff. If they have sold it would mean that Julie and Jane are no longer owners.

That is an interesting bit of information & you could be/probably right. I always thought Nichole was the founder. I did get the feeling that Julie had been there all along when reading certain posts & wondered about it. So, they are making some HUGE CHANGES & we all wait to see what comes of it........... I do feel the company has made such drastic changes that it won't be the same, but I also know people want things to reflect themselves & that is probably what they are doing. In any respect, it won't be the same.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-19-2019, 01:14 PM   #14  
Mad Swapper

Received 264 Likes on 109 Posts

Nichole Heady left PTI in November/December 2017. Even before then, there were rumblings about poor customer service, items out of stock, etc. Apparently the new owners have regrouped one year later to reinvent the company. It will be interesting (always a "safe" word) to see what February 1 brings!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-19-2019, 01:42 PM   #15  
Crimping Master

Julie and Jane have been owners since the get go and were still owners after Nichole left. Have new owners been announced recently?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-19-2019, 03:48 PM   #16  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Julie and Jane have been owners since the get go and were still owners after Nichole left. Have new owners been announced recently?

A misunderstanding on my part. In all the years that I have purchased & followed PTI, which have been quite a few now. I NEVER even heard of Julie or Jane! So, a misunderstanding on my part.

Yes, we will have to wait & see what Feb. 1rst brings for us!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-19-2019, 04:28 PM   #17  
Crimping Master

Well Julie and Jane were never in the limelight so that makes sense. I never knew what Julie looked like until she started appearing on the videoed sneak peaks after Nichole left. I guess what I liked most about this team was that they all seemed to support each other and they had to gracefully put up with a lot of complaints about parts of the business they had no control of. There was a lot of meanness on their forum for awhile until they started seriously moderating it. Anyway it’s sad because I think they did their best and were very loyal.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-19-2019, 05:06 PM   #18  
Hardware Hotshot

Sadly, on any forum, people need to be moderated. LOL Some people just don't know how to behave & the internet just makes it easier! Yeah, I think they were very loyal too. I think you'd have to be loyal to put out such wonderful work! You just wouldn't give it your all otherwise, & I think the women did give it their all!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-19-2019, 06:47 PM   #19  
Crimping Master

I definitely need to be moderated. Yes and I’m glad people are going to their blogs and telling them how much they will miss them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-21-2019, 03:22 PM   #20  
Inking Addict

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I like PTI a lot - I like their cardstock - great colors, weight; I like their ink - it really matches the CS and the colors are bright, if somewhat blotchy sometimes. I really like their “little” stuff - the petite places, scene it, etc; their stitching dies. I find their stuff reasonably priced and very good quality. LOVE free shipping at $80, and the reward points. Their customer service is iffy - though has gotten better, but SU is WAY better in this area. I know they had some problem with their dies - but their communication is APPALLING- so for example, I bought an alphabet set (botanical letters), realized I needed the dies but they were out of stock - I must have waited a year and checked endlessly before they were in stock again. Same with some of the petite places and dress up dolls stuff. It’s like either the stamps or dies or both are always out of stock - but never in sync. And sometimes they still advertise the item but it may have been discontinued- so - they could have had a lot more business from me, but this gets very frustrating. I did email them but received back faulty information. Anyway - I hope the change is for the better in this regard - I read on their forum that many others felt the same as me and gave up - so I really think they lost a lot of business this way.
By the way - they have finally got dies for some of the petite places and dress up dolls - and botanical letters. Many of the stitching dies - among other things, are still out of stock. Or maybe discontinued. Or something.
Stefany
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-22-2019, 03:30 AM   #21  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 587 Likes on 240 Posts

I have purchased from PTI exactly one time since they opened years ago. But I always look at the new stuff and often CASE from their gallery. It makes me very nervous, too many changes in this industry.
Mary Beth
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-22-2019, 12:45 PM   #22  
Compulsive Stamper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Many designers are leaving. Betsy, Lexi, Dawn, Lizzie, and Kimberly. Heather left recently. They are apparently taking some new direction. They have hired one new designer named Karen Yoder. They will announce the new direction on Feb. 1st. Seems big. I stopped buying stamps about two years ago but I still buy cardstock. The announcement says they are still going to be a stamp company but different. Very mysterious.

I knew Heather left and I just learned that Dawn was leaving but I did not realize all those other had left too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2019, 09:15 AM   #23  
Crimping Master

Stephanie Gold announced on Instagram that she was also leaving. I believe Amy Sheffer may have left also since they just removed her picture from the blog. Of those left three still post regularly on their blogs and the marketing coordinator seems to be stepping up now and adding her designs again.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2019, 09:36 AM   #24  
Hardware Hotshot

It REALLY makes you WONDER, WHAT is coming? I thought, Stephanie would be one that would stay for sure! WOW!!! MAYBE, they're just down scaling???? But then, WHAT will they offer????
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2019, 11:54 AM   #25  
Crimping Master

No clue. I just followed their designers for a long time and follow their forum off and on. Lizzie did say this one thing though when the topic of the difficulty of leaving the company came up. Partly she said, It's hard to leave our friends and give up on a company with which we've had so much history. I don't know what that means except it sounds to me like they weren't fired and I'm glad about that. I think they are all talented enough to tweak their styles a bit and fit in with other companies if that's what they want to do. The job with PTI seemed more like a full time job for a lot of the early team though and I don't know if that is what they will find with another stamp company.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2019, 03:51 PM   #26  
Hardware Hotshot

Yeah, I'm not sure one can conclude they weren't "fired," but I hope not either. They WERE the company for so long! I HOPE they come up with something EVERYONE LOVES! Some may have known this change was coming & decided it would be a good time to bow out. Change is NEVER EASY on anyone. LOL I am HOPING they come out with images that make our heads spin! I've been wanting more lined images, for coloring. PTI seemed to rarely come out with them. So, I have my fingers crossed!!! ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2019, 04:06 PM   #27  
Crimping Master

I too wished they would come out with more lined images, especially florals. When they didn't I began to buy from other companies and slowly drifted away. The competition is so much fiercer than when they started.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2019, 04:13 PM   #28  
Hardware Hotshot

You have stated EXACTLY what I have been wanting--lined florals. I thought the lined florals they did have, were kind of stiff/rigid & didn't offer much room for creativity. That is the reason I have gone elsewhere too. I do LOVE their dies though. I am slowly moving away from them in that area too. It was Betsy's kits & her designs & a few of the other ladies designs that kept me coming back.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2019, 04:24 PM   #29  
Crimping Master

So many of the sets are just classic and they coordinated so well with the dies. I also keep all my sets even if I have used them to death because they came with sentiments that had really nice fonts and were sized right. I have a lot of the stand alone Keep It Simple Sentiment sets. They were well priced and just keep on working. It would be nice if they could reinvent themselves.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2019, 05:07 PM   #30  
Hardware Hotshot

Oh yes, you're right! I too LOVE those stand alone dies & stamps too. I don't get rid of ANYTHING where stamping is concerned! LOL I've had people contact me wanting one of Betsy's old kits..... It was the Don't Forget To Write Kit. To me, it is such a Classic Kit! I wouldn't dare get rid of it. There are some dies too, that they NEVER restocked that I wanted. :(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2019, 09:03 PM   #31  
Crimping Master

15% off on everything announced at midnight. Sounds like they are getting rid of the old. They announced that paper and ink would stay the same, colors, etc.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2019, 04:40 AM   #32  
Hardware Hotshot

I LOVE the idea that they are going to have those things (Their new line), the customers have been asking for!!! ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2019, 12:36 PM   #33  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I panicked at midnight when that original email came through! That first email did not say anything about the cardstock colors and ink formulas staying the same - so I did a massive late night binge order of $300 between cardstock, ink pads, ink refills, and a few stamp sets I had been wanting. The email itself has a subject line of Inventory Clearance Sale! And then I get that email today that the colors are staying the same. I stayed up until 2am figuring out what colors I needed to order. Plus a few things became out of stock in my cart so I felt like I was racing against the clock. Thankfully the work day is almost over and I can go home and take a very needed nap. I must admit though, it's been quite some time since I did a binge order anywhere, and it was quite a rush I need to forget that addictive feeling or I need all devices taken away from me. I've been shopping at PTI since the beginning and I was OBSESSED for many many years with their stamps. But the past 2 or 3 years, I've only bought a few sets - ones with really pretty fonts or cute images. The past few years it seemed like they started to take a different direction with their stamps that I didn't care for, so I'm really excited to see what kind of stamps they are coming out with!!!! I'm hoping those butterflies come back when the new sets are released!

Last edited by Catherine773; 02-01-2019 at 12:49 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2019, 12:44 PM   #34  
Crimping Master

A lot of people did that if the forum is any measure. They were so vague about their future that a lot of people couldn't tell what was going on even after the video and after they announced ink and paper stay. Hard to know with them. 15% off already reasonably priced cardstock is pretty good though.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2019, 04:06 PM   #35  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Mascoutah, Illinois, Living In My Own Home Finally!!-Hibiscus from my backyard in Hawaii
Received 88 Likes on 72 Posts

Just registered and place a two item order and order won't process.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2019, 04:26 PM   #36  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Mascoutah, Illinois, Living In My Own Home Finally!!-Hibiscus from my backyard in Hawaii

Well I tried processing order with paypal. It went through. wonder why my order would not process with a credit card payment?

My first order I hope it goes smoothly!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2019, 04:41 PM   #37  
Hardware Hotshot

I thought the sale didn't begin until TONIGHT!!! LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-02-2019, 01:16 AM   #38  
Glitter Queen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did an order too. Can't wait to get the package.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-02-2019, 11:47 AM   #39  
Crimping Master

Now I'm thinking about it too. I figured out I am actually low on a couple of neutrals. I looked at Hero Arts new cardstock on Simon and although it looks great it figures out to about three times the cost of Papertrey's big packs not on sale. 5.99 for 12 sheets for the Hero Arts. Hero Arts is a great company and that was going to be my cardstock fallback if Papertrey decided to close. I guess I'd better stock up on Papertrey.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2019, 10:10 AM   #40  
Stazon Splitcoast

I placed order on the 1st charged on the 2nd and no indication on blog of backlogged shipping. Anybody know how long shipping is for an order. Just shot off an email to PTI
Reply With Quote Likes