Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-02-2006, 07:48 PM   #81
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by myhappyplace
I think that might have changed, you should double check, it does have to be an order that is a hostess level $150 or more but I just did a demo order and it gave me the 30%. That was a few months ago so I don't know if it was a computer glitch or something.
It may have changed when the demos started earning hostess bennies on their big demo orders...I signed up before that, so I had to definitely do it on a hostess order...thanks for pointing that out!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 11-03-2006, 02:36 PM   #82
Matboard Maniac

My demo is mailing my papers. Now all I have to do is wait for my starter kit to come in. She said it would be here in about 2 weeks. I can't wait to get started.
Old 11-04-2006, 08:30 PM   #83
Cardstock Collector

Default I did it!!!

I signed up yesterday. I can't wait to get my kit. WHOOHOO!! Here I come. Shari Bergquist
Old 11-04-2006, 08:32 PM   #84
Rubber Obsessor

Hi, I sent my demo papers on last Thursday. I'm so excited!!! Congratulations to all who have taken the plunge during this promotion. I'm really looking forward to the Demo portion of SCS! I've got a lot to learn!!
Mary D - SCS #6522
My Blog: Seaside INKspirations
My Gallery
Old 11-04-2006, 08:48 PM   #85
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Novell
Okay, here's a question for you. To retain your status as a demo, you have to sell $300 per quarter. If you are a hobby demo and are selling only to yourself, do your 'sales' figure in pre or post discount? For example, if SU gives demos a 20% discount, then a $300 sale to myself is really only $240.00.
$300 goes against your sales quota. You pay $240 plus shipping and tax on the full $300. The only orders that do not count toward quotas are supply orders.

Old 11-04-2006, 09:11 PM   #86
Stazon Splitcoast

If you sign as a demo, what benefit is there for your upline. I ask this because I'm thinking of signing as a hobby demo but my friend I buy my stuff from has recently had her 3rd baby and only really sells to me and herself. Would she still benefit from my sales?
Also, I know another demo in town, but once someone signs as a demo she gives them the cold shoulder. I don't want to tread on anyones toes here but I buy quite a lot of stuff and wouldlike to benefit from the demo discounts. Any thoughts please?

Karen
Old 11-04-2006, 10:04 PM   #87
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by Englishrose
If you sign as a demo, what benefit is there for your upline. I ask this because I'm thinking of signing as a hobby demo but my friend I buy my stuff from has recently had her 3rd baby and only really sells to me and herself. Would she still benefit from my sales?
Also, I know another demo in town, but once someone signs as a demo she gives them the cold shoulder. I don't want to tread on anyones toes here but I buy quite a lot of stuff and wouldlike to benefit from the demo discounts. Any thoughts please?

Karen
Your upline will get a percentage of what you sell. Depends on how much you sell and each upline gets a different percentage. For example, your stamping mom will make something like 2% and your stamping grandma makes a different percentage. DO NOT sign up under someone you are not going to have support you. Even with support of other SCS'ers and other demo's remember you will be tied to her no matter how she treats you. Never worry about someone turning a cold shoulder. As a demo, your world is going to open to so many new people who will appreciate you and not begrudge you for being a demo instead of a great customer.
Old 11-05-2006, 07:20 AM   #88
Gallery Gazer

Some or all of this may have been covered already, but for thoese who are still "on the fence": Even as a non demo, you can call the 1-800 number with any questions or concerns. That is what I did before I signed and they are wonderful, before and after you sign up. This is a great and supportive company. And if you sign now you don't have a quota til next quarter, although this is a great time of the year to actually get that customer base started with the holidays, so why put it off. Good luck everyone. Mary Lee
Old 11-05-2006, 08:57 AM   #89
Glitter Queen

I got my paperwork to sign up too, but i'm sending it in a little closer to the end of the month.... i wanna use that 30% off my first order in the first 45 days during sell a bration, lol.

Claudia
Old 11-06-2006, 12:00 PM   #90
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampin'piggy
Your upline will get a percentage of what you sell. Depends on how much you sell and each upline gets a different percentage. For example, your stamping mom will make something like 2% and your stamping grandma makes a different percentage. DO NOT sign up under someone you are not going to have support you. .
My friend hasn't made her quota for the last quarter and possibly the one before that. She isn't sure if she'll get thrown out? I told her she needs to call. Anyway, if she signs me up, then stops doing it herself, who would be my upline? Sorry for all the questions, but I really kind of want to do this even if it's just for me. Thank you
Old 11-08-2006, 04:55 PM   #91
Matboard Maniac

According to my demo, you have to place your 1st demo order as a hostess order of $150 or more in order to get the 30%off. If you don't spend that much, do you still get the 20% demo discount?
Old 11-08-2006, 07:49 PM   #92
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by rochelle2377
According to my demo, you have to place your 1st demo order as a hostess order of $150 or more in order to get the 30%off. If you don't spend that much, do you still get the 20% demo discount?
I'll be turning in my agreement tomorrow! I am very excited. I will have no problem what so ever meeting that $150 requirement for 30% discount by looking at my wish list! This is a great time to become a demo, whether as a hobby or business. With the $30 discount on the starter kit, plus the winter mini and sellabration coming up with gobs of things to order! And I have the best upline ever who is so supportive.
Old 11-14-2006, 04:31 PM   #93
Stazon Splitcoast

When do I have to sign up to be a demo? I think I might just about have persuaded DH to let me do it!!! Who can I sign up through, as my friend is no longer a demo and I'm not sure about just picking smeone locally off the list I don't even know them, know what I mean?
Thanks in advance,
getting excited,
Karen
Old 11-15-2006, 06:02 PM   #94
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

When do I have to sign up to be a demo? I think I might just about have persuaded DH to let me do it!!! Who can I sign up through, as my friend is no longer a demo and I'm not sure about just picking smeone locally off the list I don't even know them, know what I mean?
Thanks in advance,
getting excited,
Karen
Maybe you can explore SCS to see who in your area are demos and you can pm them. Go to the SU site and do a search for your location and check out the names. I am so very fortunate to have a fantastic upline and I wish you luck in finding someone who will work with you.
Old 11-20-2006, 08:28 AM   #95
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Thanks in advance,
getting excited,
Karen
The current promo ($30 off starter kit) ends November 30th. Good luck...I'm signing up too!

Sharon
Old 11-20-2006, 10:56 AM   #96
Crimping Master

I have been thinking of signing up for months now. I am making wedding invitations for my SIL and another couple next year, so I think it might just be the time to sign up. I just have to convince my DH.....we are also expecting our first in January!
Old 11-23-2006, 01:32 AM   #97
Mad Swapper

but if you join in Jan-Feb you get to pick any stamp set you want and that could be up to 40 OK OK 39.95 so I see Jan-Feb as a better time to join.
Old 11-24-2006, 08:17 AM   #98
Cardstock Collector

Default rejoining

I was just recently on pending status and now I'm done demonstrating. I've been doing it for a year and a half but this summer was especially hard due to a full time job and a cheating husband. Now with a seperation and custody issues I don't have time for planning events, I'm just too tired and stressed. So I'm wondering if anyone knows if I can become a demonstrator again when the new year comes and I'm feeling better. Would I have to buy the kit again, since I already have all of the contents?