Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2005, 06:19 PM   #321
Polyshrink Goddess

I am in 110%. This site is so awesome, the only way to keep it going is to charge a very minimal fee!

To all the wonderful people that keep this site going:
You are doing an awesome job and you need to do what is right for you. No matter what you will have negative responses form those that don't understand the innards of running a site. I honestly would pay more as this site has taught me so much, not only form the administrators but all of the wonderful people on this site. The ones that don't want to pay, will miss out on a ton of great pieces of art and great friendships. What is better---mcdonalds for lunch once a week or a year membership to SCS - the best site around!!!!!! Just please, whatever you do, PLEASE keep this site going!!! It ROCKS!!!

Karrie
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 09-22-2005, 06:21 PM   #322
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by dstfrommi
I think $20 or $25 A YEAR! is an unbelieveable value. It's well worth that and more. Daven, I say do whatever you have to.
i know! i'd pay that for just the forums!!! they can be sooooo helpful (or entertaining) without the gallery.
Old 09-22-2005, 06:25 PM   #323
Die Cut Diva

I don't remember who said they havn't joined because they havn't seen the DD Gallery. Just check out the member galleries of the current members or the alumni and you will see what kind of work they do. I don't go there often but when I do I am always in aw.

SAHM to Dominik 1/1/00 & Alyssa 3/8/01
www.splitcoaststampers.com/go/smartinez182

Go Beavers!!!
Old 09-22-2005, 06:27 PM   #324
Pearl-ExPert

well, I for one and all for it! I Love this place and would pay 20-25 a year no problem. I am already a paid member, to support this site .mainly because I had to see what everyone was talking about on the dd galleries...I have to say, if you have never seen the dd gallery, you would not be dissappointed. I'm not! There are a lot of talented stampers on this site. So I just don't see the problem with helping to keep this site up and running.

And as one of you said (sorry, already forgot which one)
Daven did say it was only TEMPORARY.

Let them test it and see how it goes.
Old 09-22-2005, 06:27 PM   #325
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lisa Lisa
I have over 30 items contracted for publication right now... soon you will see the trikle of my PAID for work on news stands.....
Aside from the topic of this thread, I just want to say CONGRATULATIONS! You totally deserve it...you do awesome work!
Old 09-22-2005, 06:27 PM   #326
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by LunarLana
So you're going shopping at the SCS store too huh? I hear they have nice t-shirts! And even in green galore! WOOHOO!

YES!!! and they look awesome when you wear them while holding up a lighter and swaying and singing and passing the peace pipe!

Old 09-22-2005, 06:30 PM   #327
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Will a paid membership result in a better quality samples? Right now, some samples are fantastic but many ( in my opinion) are not so impressive. I would be disappointed if I saw them in a rubber stamping magazine that I paid for and would expect the same standard from an on-line source that I paid for.

Well........ I must say that there is no screening on Quality because we are all at different levels.... and Styles... so thats pretty unrealistic. AND the Fans get access to the Dirty Dozen gallery as a thank you.... and IMHO... it will knock your socks off. If you want a preview... I suggest checking out the individual Design team members galleries... they are pretty awesome and it will give you a sense of the "gift" you get. Its accses for fans... not a subsription.KWIM.
Old 09-22-2005, 06:31 PM   #328
YLM
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Gallery

As a paid member I think that this is an awesome site and I would hate to loose it!!
I do have a limit on what I will spend to see it! $25.00 is VERY resonable to me. But no more.
My only take on any of this is that each person should be limited to 50 cards. Some of the files are 300 or more cards. No one is really looking much behond 7 days. and 300 cards is way to many.
My final coment is THIS is a site he started FOR HIS WIFE.. NOT US!!! My husband would of bailed out years ago...
Daven and Tracy make this work for you and the ones who want to follow will.
Cindy (YLM)
QFTD127
Old 09-22-2005, 06:35 PM   #329
Glitter Queen

Your decision sounds fair. I've been thinking about becoming a fan and this just prompted me to move on it. I'm sure many others will do the same thing. This site is invaluable! Keep up the great work!
Old 09-22-2005, 06:35 PM   #330
Inking Addict

kind of bummed

Ok, I just want to add my two cents. while I understand your decision, I am dissapointed. I really loved the fact that I had a resource to help my SU Business that didn't cost me money. I am a hobby demo, who does a few parties a year, and usually have to spend money to make my quartely minimum. I am not a big business demo, and the 25.00 is just one more expense I can't afford. I am sorry, I really loved this site, and got great ideas, but I would have to say that I wouldn't be able to subscribe. I guess I will have to rely on the SU Stampers Showcase, which is no way near as good as yours. the economy is not great, and I have to worry about gas and oil prices! 25.00 may not be much to most of you, but to me, it's 3/4 of a tank of gas. I may sound cheap, but It's just one more cost that I can't foot. I will miss you SCS!!!!
Old 09-22-2005, 06:41 PM   #331
Inking Addict

Talking

This site is so inspiring! I am realtively new at stamping and with all of the thoughts shared in the forums, I'm sure I have easily saved the $25 that I spent on this membership by not making stupid purchases. (On the flipside, I'm sure I've made my demo happy by all of the things I've had to have in order to create many of the new ideas I have seen). Long story short . . . .$25 for a year is well worth it.
Old 09-22-2005, 06:43 PM   #332
Polyshrink Goddess

Default fee for SCS

I LOVE THIS SITE!!!! Yes, I was screaming. I understand that we are all on budgets and have to carefully figure our expenses into our SU business (or hobby). Contributing to this site is, by far, on of the BEST things I have ever done for my SU business. When I am at a loss for an idea or what to do at a workshop, all my SCS sisters (and brothers) are right there for me when I need them the most!!! $2.00 a month? That is all I have to spend for all the help I need 24 hours a day? I cannot think of a more helpful and creative bunch of stamping folk and I am proud to be a Fan Club member! (..and the crowd goes wild and they all sign up for the Fan Club......)I truly hope that all will join. We will miss you if you don't..you are all very talented but this is the reality. Rubber hugs and love, Janet in NC

Quote:

Originally Posted by tish101
I read the posts and I would like to make a few comments regarding the cost of the Fan Club. It didn't take me long to decide that I wanted to be a Fan. This site is incredible and there are new and exciting posts and pictures everyday.

I'm a SU! demo and I have learned more on this site than I've learned anywhere else. Even for non-demos, the info is invaluable.

I'm thinking of something like that commercial:

-- New stamp set $25
-- new watercolor crayons $50
-- Membership to the SCS Fan Club "PRICELESS"

I can't really give you a cost that would be prohibitive, but $20 is certainly VERY reasonable. For those who say that some people may not have the money to pay: Do you stamp? Do you buy stamping supplies? If you can afford to buy those, you could afford to "save" a bit here and there and come up with $20 per year. That's only $2.60 per week. I'm sure EVERYONE on this site has "wasted" at least $2.60 per week. I know about not having money. Believe me, my husband (now ex) sold his plasma 2x per week so we'd have $35 a week for grocery money to feed 2 adults and 2 children (an impossibility). His arms are filled with needle marks from this.

I've learned there is "no free lunch". This is a GREAT site. No, it's a SUPER site! And all of us that enjoy it need to support it. And if the price is not something you can afford (or you choose to spend money on something else), then that is your decision. Sometimes we can't have it all, sometimes we can.

I support your decision to have paying members only post to the gallery. However, it will reduce the value of the gallery if many people choose not to subscribe.

But I'd rather have a limited gallery than no SCS!

Tish.
Old 09-22-2005, 06:45 PM   #333
Kookie Creator

Thumbs up Absolutely In!

As someone who works full time in Information Technology, responsible for ordering servers and circuits for additional bandwidth, and is completely accustomed to seeing invoices for these items in excess of $1,000,000 (that would be million! I've seen it! It's crazy what if costs to run a site!), I think $20 A YEAR is very reasonable! I've only been a member a couple months and a Fan Club member less than a month (and only because I didn't even see that option during my first visits cause I was having so much fun looking at galleries!).

I can appreciate the expense and the need and will be keeping my Fan Club Membership as well as paying additional fees if it comes to that!

Thank you for all you do!

Old 09-22-2005, 06:46 PM   #334
Kookie Creator

I think $20-$25 a year is a steal for the information and ideas that available on this site everyday. I joined the Fan Club within a few weeks of being introduced to this site because I wanted to support this great resource.
Old 09-22-2005, 06:47 PM   #335
Stampin' Fool

Thumbs up

I think it's a great idea to make the gallery fee based... except for a limited section to entice other people to pay the fee to see the rest of the good stuff.
Old 09-22-2005, 06:52 PM   #336
Inking Addict

Smile I agree!

I totally agree with this, i have subscribed to the Dirty dozen and have the most difficult time trying to view it. I think we all knew at one time or another this would happen!

I can't wait to use this site with ease! I love this site, best $25us i ever spent!!

Dawn in Canada
Old 09-22-2005, 07:01 PM   #337
Glitter Guru

In the whole scope of a stamper's life what is $25? This site is a goldmine and I've learned and enjoyed every minute I'm on here. I'm fine with a fee. Do what is necessary, Daven. Life will continue on.
Old 09-22-2005, 07:01 PM   #338
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

As the webmaster of a non-stamping site, I can totally relate to your frustration. Images take up a lot of server space and when you have a heavy server load everything grinds to a hault. It must also be difficult to keep up with the ever-increasing popularity of this web site. I have no advice to offer, but I want to thank you for this wonderful website. I realize that SCS can not run on air alone and therefore decided to become a fan club member this July. Good luck working through your upgrades.

A loyal SCS fan, Brenda (Qbee)
Old 09-22-2005, 07:04 PM   #339
Pearl-ExPert

This is so funny, just this morning as I was sloooooowly paging through the gallery, I thought....wow, with so many members if they just charged each member a few bucks a year they could probably make this thing go much faster! I am already a fan club member. I found scs over a year ago, but admit I only visited occasionally. When I found the demo only forum a couple months back and saw how extensive the gallery had gotten, I joined the fan club just to support the site because I knew there was no feasible way to sustain all that was offered here indefinitely. I agree, the owners should not feel bad for making money off this site. It is a wonderful resource. If it were just a "hobby" they might get bored and go away and then where would we be!!!??!!

Thanks for all you do!

-::-
) *
. .)) -:-
((. .. ~Belinda * -::-
-::- ((.* -:- *

Belinda Tubby
[email protected]
Old 09-22-2005, 07:04 PM   #340
Ross' Island Lobster

I think that it is a brilliant idea. I have gained so much from this site and it is the least I can do to give back for the awesome work that all of y'all do!!!!
Old 09-22-2005, 07:08 PM   #341
Die Cut Diva

Thumbs up I VOTE TO CHARGE A USER FEE!!!

I am in TOTAL agreement that this site should charge a fee. I personally would LOVE to see Daven, Jenn, Beate, the moderators paid a salary for the countless hours and sacrifices they and their families have made to keep this the BEST stamping site on the web. Also, the DD girls should receive some compensation for the tremendous time and supplies they donate to the site and fan club gallery. I can't even begin to put a value on all I have learned and the friendships I have made because of this site. Run it like any other business and PAY the workers and owners!!!!
Old 09-22-2005, 07:10 PM   #342
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by YLM
My final coment is THIS is a site he started FOR HIS WIFE.. NOT US!!! My husband would of bailed out years ago...
Daven and Tracy make this work for you and the ones who want to follow will.
Cindy (YLM)

YUP! Daven is asking for help from us. He wouldn't be asking if he didn't need it.
Michelle Laycock ~ #499 ~
Laycock Designs
Product Designer for Our Daily Bread designs , North Coast Creations and Partner Companies
"They're only crayons. You didn't fear them in kindergarten, why fear them now?" ~ Hugh MacLeod
Old 09-22-2005, 07:11 PM   #343
Dirty Dozen Alumni

I have only read the first page of posts... it's up to 9 pages...
anyways, my two cents...
It is well worth the ideas, inspirations and information that is available on SCS. $20 - $25 - $30...
I have been a member of other sites that charge as much or more... but don't have the samples... where else can you look and find samples of cards that the stamp sets have only been available for 2 days???
Also, I have been a member of SCS for a long time... my # is 313!!! (that impressed me...! ) and I have been paying member for a little over a year.
I think that Tracy and Daven and the SCS Team have done an awesome job! They have built the best site out there... and they deserve our respect and support. If you think this is a bad idea and not worth your $$$ then... you probably don't use it and it really shouldn't hurt your feelings anyways... if you are in dire straits and can't afford it maybe they will be able to continue the sponser membership. (but if you can afford it don't take advantage)
I think the following ideas are good.
1. Someone suggested different levels of Membership (GREAT IDEA)
2. Trial Memberships ~ offer 2 weeks free membership to entice members. Let them subscribe for different periods of time... 1 month, 3 months, 1 year, etc...
3. More stuff in the SCS Store ( I want a coffee mug! ~ already have a shirt)
Thanks for hearing me out... how many other sites would even ask for your opinion???

Kim's Cards...
Old 09-22-2005, 07:11 PM   #344
Pearl-ExPert

well it breaks my heart and I will sure miss it.
Not all of us have to means to pay.
This place really was too good to be true.
But I understand they have to do what is best for them.
Old 09-22-2005, 07:12 PM   #345
Pearl-ExPert

$24.95 is the cheapest idea "book" you can buy that has over a 1000 pictures. You couldn't by a scrapbook with that many ideas in it for that cheap. And papercraft idea books go out of date...this site is up to date with the latest trends in papercrafts.

I'm glad I am a fan club member and will continue to support SCS no matter what.

Thanks
SCS#5115
My Humble Gallery
"If God brings you to it, He'll bring you through it"
My Blog

Last edited by PrideStampers; 09-28-2005 at 12:36 PM..
Old 09-22-2005, 07:16 PM   #346
Embossing Fanatic

Your decision to limit access to the gallery to paid members just prompted me to do something I should have done 6 months ago- JOIN UP!!! Since I was seeing plenty of samples as a nonpaid "looker", I would just think "someday I'll join"- but someday never came. So now I am a paying member, and look forward to Oct. 1 when the speed will hopefully increase a little. Thanks for all you do!!!
Old 09-22-2005, 07:22 PM   #347
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by jstarbright
I can't believe Starbucks Latte's make your hips bigger! I always tease everyone and say " life is really all about me" but let me tell you, I would never give as much of my free time that Daven, Tracy, Jenn, Beate, the Moderators, the DDD girls and all the behind the scene people we don't even know their names do! When I think of how we tax this site once a month for VSN and what does the SCS team get from it? They let us so we are happy and fulfilled, that is a totally unselfish act! So for me $25 is nothing to help them keep their dream of this website going or whatever they need it for to compensate them for all they give us. I hope I get a reminder before my Fan Club membership expires because 1 day without SCS makes me a very unhappy person. This site is like getting a new SU catalog every day in the mail and all your friends are sitting next to you looking at it!
Bravo!! This is so true! I haven't been able to read all the replies yet, but just let me begin by saying, "I just ran over an renewed. I have no idea when my subscription runs out, but this is how much I love this site!"

I also disagree that we will lose "a lot" of great talent. Sure, we may lose some, but the people who upload the most, and love this place see the value in this site and are willing to give something back. I would still pledge my $25, even if I never looked at the gallery again just for the help I receive in the forums. (but I'm glad I don't have to never look at the gallery again! )

And most importantly.....

IT'S ONLY TEMPORARY!!!!!

(But even if it wasn't I'd still pay)
Old 09-22-2005, 07:22 PM   #348
Crimping Master

I too must respond. I'm just wondering about those that want to upload but can't afford to pay for the membership (or won't due to the cost)--what about the cost of the materials you used to make all those cards/projects that you upload--and the digital camera, computer, internet service?? That stuff isn't free. How is that getting paid for? Please don't roast me for that--I truly don't understand.
We all have to set our priorities. And if it's not something in the budget now, maybe it will be down the line. In the interim, there are tons of SU! demonstrators that would love to have their free sites visited. Am I wong on that??

For a site of this caliber--that offers soooo much--it's unbelievable that it's been free for so long. All the memberships/subscriptions I have (gym, mags)cost a H*LL of alot more than $25/year.

I realize that we may lose some talented stampers but with what some 40,000 viewers don't you think we'll have some that will stay?? Even when we had only 5,000 members, we had an awesome gallery!!

Thank you Daven and Tracy for letting us join your family!!!!
Old 09-22-2005, 07:25 PM   #349
Glitter Queen

Quote:

Originally Posted by schwartzd
I totally get the decision to go this route. It has to be a great personal cost to run this site, I get that! For me, the membership cost is not a big deal (I don't think its too high), but what I get in return. The gallery is fantastic, if you have time for it. Most of the time, I just don't have the patience so I don't go over there. I haven't signed up as a fan yet BECAUSE of the slow gallery. I have been waiting to see if it gets better. If this will make it run faster, then yes I would sign up in a heartbeat. However, won't a TON of people sign up and then you are where you were before? Or, as someone else said, will the additional $$ for the increased memberships fund the beefier servers or software that is needed?

Thanks!!

Denise
Thanks for saying the above Denise. That's exactly what I was wondering. The $24.95 a YEAR is very reasonable and it's a business write off (for all us Demonstrators). I haven't joined the Fan Club yet but have been giving serious thought to doing just that. If they decide only Fan Club members can access Gallery and upload than I would definitely join. BUT, will we then still have the heavy traffic and be right back where we started? Right now I have the patience for the slow gallery (most times) but if I'm paying for a service and receive "slow time" then I would not only lose patience with the gallery but be annoyed with SCS. I think SCS is GREAT and I too was amazed that this service was free. I really hope SCS can resolve this matter and keep this site in service. I'D BE LOST WITHOUT IT!
Old 09-22-2005, 07:26 PM   #350
Stazon Splitcoast

I am really disappointed that people think this is unfair. And, I just don't get the reasoning. Whine, whine, whine. Ugh! Some people are taking this site for granted. Some people think the owners of this site owe us. What? How can people think like this? This site may be free for those who are taking advantage of it. But, it's not free to run it.

Everyone deserves to be paid for the work they do. This site has been a gift. We should appreciate that gift. A small donation is an appropriate thank you to Tracy and Daven. The costs of running this site are enormous. They don't owe us! We owe them.

When I became a member, I didn't do it to get in the DD gallery. It was just an added bonus. I had been feeling guilty for 3 months until I finally contributed. I still don't think I've given enough.
Old 09-22-2005, 07:27 PM   #351
Rubber Obsessor

Thumbs up

I have been a paid member for nearly a year and honestly feel that it is well worth the small fee. The idea gallery, tutorials, templates and access to 1000's of experts would be a bargain at 5 times the price (the DD girls are a wonderful bonus).

Come on ladies send in your money and let's get that gallery movin!!
Old 09-22-2005, 07:28 PM   #352
Pearl-ExPert

I just wanted to say that I support you and understand that this is pretty much a 'must do' thing. However, the only way that I would be able to join the fan club is by being able to pay in smaller amounts more frequently. I would LOVE to be able to have all of the advantages of the fan club and have been drooling over the idea since I have joined but like a few others have said $25 all at once isn't easy to come up with for some. Hubby just started school, I'm a SAHM, and we are trying to save what very little money that is left over for our 'house' fund. I could swing $5 here and there and just get 2-3 months of membership at a time. If that is not an option I would try and wait patiently for things to get back to 'normal' but I love everyone here and everything about this place and could never imagine abandoning it no matter what happened. So, I hope you guys get everything worked out and everyone on here can play happily!

-Heidi :0)
Old 09-22-2005, 07:34 PM   #353
Mad Swapper

Great idea! Thanks for all you do and for taking care of your fan club members! I am also wearing my SCS tshirt!

Visit my blog: www.tracysstamptherapy.blogspot.com

My SCS Gallery https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/g...0&ppuser=41884[/SIZE]
Old 09-22-2005, 07:36 PM   #354
Stazon Splitcoast

I say do what you have to I have had so many night that I only get errors. It is so frustrating. I do have a membership I think its getting close to time to renew just not sure when I need to do it. I love the Dirty Dozen it is so worth the $$. I love the work in this last month, finally got to see it last night. I love the holiday baskets by Leigh OBrien and her purses WOW I wish I could have one (I'm going to try one but it won't be as nice).

I can't thank Daven and Tracy enough for such a wonderful gift as SCS. I'm sure it is a major headache at times.

God Bless you for all your hard work you are such a blessing for all of us.

Can I help you take control of your families healthy care?
Old 09-22-2005, 07:41 PM   #355
Stazon Splitcoast

Way to go, Daven & Tracy & volunteer moderators! Y'all are da Bomb!

Not only will I renew, but will continue telling people about this site and telling them it's well worth the $25.

I didn't read all nine pages here, but I am curious about one thing...a common "Concern" seems to be that we might lose talented stampers. I imagine the majority of the people who upload pics are members. We know we have lots of "lurkers" who never post, so if they are looking at the gallery but don't ever post photos, and they leave because they don't want to pay, well, it's sad for them, but we won't notice anything but a faster gallery. Do we have any statistics on how many active people with a gallery are members vs. non members?

.* .*))
-::-
((.*~
Beth.*))
-::- ((.* .*((.. *-::- ...

I'm always up to Something...
My Daughter is up to stuff too!
Old 09-22-2005, 07:41 PM   #356
Pearl-ExPert

I have to admit that I am disappointed by some of the responses I have seen here. This site has an enormous fan base and many of us are willing to pay to keep it up!

I understand the whole fixed income. My DH and I were on one for years - and still should be (truth be told). $25 is a dinner out. $25 is a stamp set. $25 is a pair of shoes. $25 is a 1/2 tank of gas (couldn't let that one go!!.......). $25 is a game for the computer. It's all about Priorities. If you think $25 is to much to pay for all of the forums, the amazing ideas - and NONE are unimpressive - we all started out somewhere!!!!!!! Not to mention the wonderful Challenges, Tutorials, and just the chance to talk to others who are as into stamping as you are, then that is your decision. I personally look at the DD gallery once a month. While their samples are beautiful and stunning, I enjoy looking at all of the other creations just as much. I would much rather have a year to look at the gallery than buy another stamp set, at least then I would have more ideas to use with the ones that I already have. And for those who say that this costs to much to help their business - shame on you - you know how hard it is to run a business, why are you trying to prevent someone else from running theirs better?

I'm staying. I'm not going anywhere. If the price ever jumps to $50 or higher, I will have to prioritize again. I pay more for cat food and MUCH more for the medications I take.

To those of you who support SplitCoast - you rock. For those of you who have said that it costs too much and that you can't afford $2 a month. Well, that's your decision. I will definitely be re-upping when time comes.

Thanks to all those who put so much into this site - you are not forgotten.
Old 09-22-2005, 07:43 PM   #357
Polyshrink Goddess

Default I'm probably going to get flamed by this but...

If someone can't afford the $25 a year to pay for a subscription to this wonderful site, how do they afford to pay for stamps, cardstock, etc? I am not rich by no means, h*ll my husband is working out of the country so we can get out of the debt we have gotten ourself into. I'm not saying don't buy stamps, etc, but think real hard about if you can afford the stamps, then you can afford this site. If you don't want to pay the fee, you can still come to the site, just won't have all the access to everything. I was on another site right before I had my baby (4 years ago) and 2 years later, it went to a paid site. $25 was the fee, gladly paid it because it meant so much to me. A year later the site was shut down because the owners just couldn't afford to keep it going. My point is if we don't support *not financially, Daven and Tracy, then this site will be shut down. We can't expect them to continue without some help. I can't see them getting rich off of us, but if they do, good for them! They have worked hard for us and I appreciate what they and everyone else involved with this site have done! Keep up the good work guys!
Old 09-22-2005, 07:47 PM   #358
Hardware Hotshot

I have been around for quite a long time off and on - I'm member no. 246!! This site had been invaluable to me both personally and professionally!! I have paid to get access to the DD, I have bought gift subscriptions for the DD for others who couldn't afford it, I have bought a t-shirt, plan on another, and check the store often in anticipation of other SCS items..... I know it costs money to run this site and I am more than willing to help!

I shudder to think of the alternative. At least Daven had the decency to ask our opinions on this - many others would have just done it. No matter what we say, the ultimate decision lies with the Noltas - thank you very much for what you have given us... one "little" site for Tracy and her downline - who would have thought it would be where it is today? BUT, if it continues to bog down and give the owners grief - what if they just PULLED THE PLUG?!?! None of us would want that but that is always an alternative! What if they decided it just wasn't worth it anymore or that they couldn't afford it?!? I will continue to gladly support the SCS site and team in any way possible to continue receiving the incredible suggestions, hints, and ideas, and the commeraderie and friendships that I have made.

BLINGO
Old 09-22-2005, 07:47 PM   #359
Insane Embellisher

Talking

The fee is very fair. There are other websites out there that charge the same or more and are not the same quality. This is an inspiring site, with lots of talent. Thanks for all your hard work in keeping it the BEST.
Old 09-22-2005, 07:48 PM   #360
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeslieS
If someone can't afford the $25 a year to pay for a subscription to this wonderful site, how do they afford to pay for stamps, cardstock, etc? I am not rich by no means, h*ll my husband is working out of the country so we can get out of the debt we have gotten ourself into. I'm not saying don't buy stamps, etc, but think real hard about if you can afford the stamps, then you can afford this site. If you don't want to pay the fee, you can still come to the site, just won't have all the access to everything. I was on another site right before I had my baby (4 years ago) and 2 years later, it went to a paid site. $25 was the fee, gladly paid it because it meant so much to me. A year later the site was shut down because the owners just couldn't afford to keep it going. My point is if we don't support *not financially, Daven and Tracy, then this site will be shut down. We can't expect them to continue without some help. I can't see them getting rich off of us, but if they do, good for them! They have worked hard for us and I appreciate what they and everyone else involved with this site have done! Keep up the good work guys!
Thanks for having the guts to say it!
Closed Thread