Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2005, 05:17 PM   #281
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by mom2kjs
My only comment would be to make sure that the fee is at a reasonable rate that everyone can afford to pay. I think $20 is very reasonable but I have to say that I'm not sure if I'd pay more...probably would, but I'd have to think about it first.
I personally think that if they are going to start charging EVERYONE who wants to visit the gallery/upload, they can cut that in half. You'll still have a lot of people who refuse to pay it.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 09-22-2005, 05:18 PM   #282
Mad Swapper

Smile

I'm an addict!!!!! I'll pay anything, ANYTHING!!!! Just don't take the pretty pictures away!!!! Seriously, if ALL these wonderful ideas were published in a book, NONE of us could afford it! I just joined the Fan Club and it's MORE than worth the $$. Please keep up the good work!!! You're the highlight of my day!
Old 09-22-2005, 05:18 PM   #283
Stazon Splitcoast

Ok.
About time!
I so love SCS!
I have had more fun this year with RAK's, swapping, secret sister, uploading, caseing, learning, downloading, oh! the list goes on and on!
I am sold on this place!
THanks for making me the stamper I am today.
Teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom. Psalm 90:12

Old 09-22-2005, 05:20 PM   #284
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by LunarLana
Do I need to go open a can of Whoops A**!!?? Or perhaps get the peace pipe going?!!! Just trying to lighten things up!

It's Daven & Tracy's website, and they should do whatever they want. If you have a different opinion from theirs, I suggest you go start up your own website. Oh, and good luck with that!

Daven & Tracy-I support whatever you decide to do with your website!

I think I'll go check out the t-shirt selection in the SCS Store now!

Over and out!

*holding lighter up high*..................*swaying*............*tokin g from the peace pipe while wearing my SCS T-shirt*.............put a little love in your heart..................

Old 09-22-2005, 05:20 PM   #285
Insane Embellisher

Absolutely this is fair and reasonable! Can't add to the other comments that I've read, except to say I agree that it wasn't an easy decision to make, and I really appreciate all that Daven and Tracy do for us here on SCS.

I like Rachel's idea to give SCS's the opportunity to sponsor someone who can't make the payment for the Fan Club. Maybe someone else also mentioned it, but I didn't read through all the posts and could have missed it.
Old 09-22-2005, 05:21 PM   #286
Kookie Creator

Default No Brainer!

So many of you have expressed my thoughts, only much more eloquently!

I too became a Fan Club member to support the site -- DD was a great bonus!

As an SU demo, this site is my SD, my upline, my source of so much information and inspiration. If there's something going on with SU, I'll usually find out about it here first!

I think a membership fee should be permanent and ongoing. I was gonna suggest putting a dime in a jar every day, but someone with a better math mind came up with seven cents. Even a better deal!

I think an annual fee, one payment, should be the only option. You don't spread magazine subscription payments out over the life of the subscription, so why here?

Thanks Daven, Tracy, Jenn, Beate, Julie, JanTink -- there's too many to mention! You all rock!
SCS #7660

(Ooops! Gotta fix that avatar - scary!!!)
Old 09-22-2005, 05:21 PM   #287
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Default lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dorinda
*holding lighter up high*..................*swaying*............*tokin g from the peace pipe while wearing my SCS T-shirt*.............put a little love in your heart..................
WOOHOOOOO Dorinda!! Somebody's catching on!
Old 09-22-2005, 05:24 PM   #288
clean and krafty

Send a message via Skype™ to willosmama

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sabrinasmom
I agree.
I will not be paying to access the gallery. I am a SAHM and new SU! demo on a VERY restricted budget. The BIGGEST reason I visit is because of the gallery. I can find what I would consider *better* business ideas elsewhere. If I have to start paying to visit, then I will no longer visit.
Although, I understand why you *need* to do this, I am sure there are other alternatives out there. Why not offer free time if you contribute *this or that*. I belong to another site where this is offered and I think it is wonderful! Anyway, JMHO!
I understand what you are saying, and I am also a SAHM mom, somehwat new to being a demo, however, I find way more than my $20.00 subscription fee's worth of ideas, supoort and not to mention friends on this site. So maybe we will lose some people, and then the gallery will work better for those of us who are here for more than the "free" ideas.
We sell our IB&C for 9.95. Why- beacause it is JAMMED Packed with ideas. It costs to keep this site up and running. I have gotten tons of support, and "how to" help, and business help, and have often been SO FRUSTRATED that I can't even get into the gallery to look it is SO BOGGED DOWN. I stayed away for a LONG time due to this, but have now found the slower times, and time permitting at home, log on and look.
I am sure it is a HARD decision, I am all for it though. Quit buying those stamp magazines instead!!!!

Spellbinders DT Coordinator

Old 09-22-2005, 05:24 PM   #289
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by kathat
I paid and it wasn't just to access the DD gallery--it was because I know that this site costs money to maintain and I get way more than my money's worth from this site than $20-$25 per year! There are thousands of examples to look through--way more than looking at the samples on the SU site please the instant grafitication of all of the forums and the opportunity to join in on RAKS and SS as well? Wow, I'm sorry that it is such a hardship for many but this is so reasonable that I cannot even fathom how people would complain about paying to access the site!
I just had to add 2 more cents to my earlier post after reading this. I too, paid for a subscription after lurking around the site for about 2 weeks, NOT because I had a huge desire to see the fan club gallery, but because I knew it took money to run the site, it's worth every penny, and I felt I should be paying for the wealth of information I was getting! I'm not financially sound by any stretch, but I pay for what I take! If you go to the store for a loaf of bread, and aren't willing to pay for it, YOU DON'T GET ANY BREAD!

Whew...thanks for letting me vent. On another note, I wanted to mention that giving a free trial membership does seem like a good idea. When I first moved here to Ohio Amish Country, I wondered how in the world the Amish manage day to day without microwaves, and toasters, and computers, and cars. My SIL, who grew up here said, you can't miss what you never had. If people aren't given a chance to get a feel for the site, and find out how great it is, how would you expect them to be willing to pay for it? Or maybe a thread in the forum with testimonials from paying members, testifying to the fact that it is well-worth every penny?

JMO

I know not what this day holds....but I know Who holds the day!!
Old 09-22-2005, 05:27 PM   #290
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Charge away!

I love this site and $25 a YEAR is a bargain. My cable modem cost almost $50 each MONTH. I doubt anyone puts an order through SU for less than $25 or goes to Michael's each month and spends less than that (I know I can't). I was amazed at what I could access for free and wondered how on earth they made it happen. I will glady continue to pay my membership as it is cheaper than a one year subscribtion to Paper Crafts and much less than putting gas in my car ($45 for a tank of gas in an Acura).

Thanks for everything you do for us!!
Old 09-22-2005, 05:27 PM   #291
Kookie Creator

Quote:

It's Daven & Tracy's website, and they should do whatever they want. If you have a different opinion from theirs, I suggest you go start up your own website. Oh, and good luck with that!

What she said!
Old 09-22-2005, 05:28 PM   #292
Bunny's SunnyChick

Wink

I think that SCS ROCKS and I would never dream of leaving this place. You guys do what you need to do. You will have tons of support.

I am already a supporter and will continue to be...As a matter of fact I paid the lower Fan Club Fee ($20) and I am totally willing to go back and pay the difference.

I would be so excited to have the gallery working better and not be so slow anymore. SO, that being said...I think there will still be tons of samples uploaded daily even with the changes.

Nothing this good should be totally FREE! Thank You Daven and Tracy for all you do!

Happy Hugs!
Tracy H. #31511=)
"The beginning is always today!" Mary Shelley

Old 09-22-2005, 05:29 PM   #293
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamakimberly
That's pretty ballsy wording!

Second class citizen?

Do you feel like a second class citizen if you go to a gym you don't belong to and they don't let you work out on their equipment?

Do you feel like a second class citizen if you take your kids to a day care that you don't pay to use and they don't let you leave your kids there?

Anyone can become a member, you just gotta pay up! There's no second class about it! If they said you have to be hot, over 5'6" and have green eyes, that would be exclusive. Asking for money is not exclusive!
Hooray.... MommaK for Prime Minister!!!!!
Old 09-22-2005, 05:32 PM   #294
Mad Swapper

Thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shanon
Wanna hear something funny? I paid my $$$ the day I signed up for SCS. The funny part is that I have been in the DD gallery maybe 10 times. I paid my membership because I felt that Daven and Tracy deserved it. I would have made a donation regardless of if it was a requirement or not. People always are asking me how in the heck they can run this place. I never had an answer for them. I think that a paid membership is a wonderful idea and I will continue to pay year after year after year!
I'm with Shanon. I didn't even know what the DD gallery was when I joined the Fan Club. I didn't hesitate to join when my renewal came up this month. My trick to the DD gallery is to try to be the very last to visit every month. It's much quicker and sometimes I even get to comment!

Seriously, I just hope that Daven, Tracy, Beate, Jenn and everyone else get a break. I am so happy that we went to no upload Sundays. I couldn't imagine working, taking care of a family and handling the uploading.

Thanks guys!

"Happiness does not depend on what you have or who you are. It solely relies on what you think." Buddha
Old 09-22-2005, 05:38 PM   #295
Sawyer's Texas LOSTie

Let's see.... $25 bucks a year comes out to just over 2 bucks a month. I think most of us can swing that! Sounds like a viable option to speed up and improve gallery service.
Old 09-22-2005, 05:38 PM   #296
Mad Swapper

Smile

I'm not a member now, but will become a member!! I can't imagine trying to do anything in my business without the awesome gallery to see and peruse through! I'm just wondering why it has taken so long for SCS to charge (the masses) for this great service?!?

I'll pay up; just please, oh please, don't take away my SCS gallery
Stampin' Up! demo and lovin' it!

SCS member #30822
Old 09-22-2005, 05:40 PM   #297
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by kathat
I cannot even fathom how people would complain about paying to access the site!
What about those who lost everything in a hurricane? Or they lost a job due to layoffs? Or maybe someone who was just diagnosed with a horrible disease that their insurance won't cover or they couldn't afford insurance in the first place? Don't get self righteous unless you have a walked a mile in their shoes.

As for my opinion in all this....it stinks....it sucks...but everything in the world runs on money. To upgrade the system it takes money. Limiting the gallery will bring in more paying members which will mean a server can be obtained that much quicker. So those who can't afford it will be able to view the gallery that much sooner and those that can afford it will gain access to the fan club gallery. It is a win-win situation in the end, but in the interim, it still stinks for some.
I FiNallY DiD iT - TAC AnGeL #2645

Check out my gallery!!
Old 09-22-2005, 05:42 PM   #298
Matboard Maniac

While it is unfortunate that we may lose some members over this I would like to voice my support for the very difficult decision.

I do not feel entitled to a free site such as this with so many great ideas and I'm suprised this hasn't happened sooner. The gallery is very slow and I have high speed internet. Very frustrating. Those that can not or do not want to pay will still have some access to the gallery so no one is entirely left out.

Thank you and keep up the good work Daven, Tracy, and crew.
Old 09-22-2005, 05:43 PM   #299
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Do I need to go open a can of Whoops A**!!?? Or perhaps get the peace pipe going?!!! Just trying to lighten things up!
SPEW LANA !!!!!

Here's my 2 cents. Ditto what Lana said.
Old 09-22-2005, 05:44 PM   #300
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Default Prinny

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrincessMi
SPEW LANA !!!!!

Here's my 2 cents. Ditto what Lana said.

So you're going shopping at the SCS store too huh? I hear they have nice t-shirts! And even in green galore! WOOHOO!
Old 09-22-2005, 05:45 PM   #301
Rubber Obsessor

I have never understood ( and still do not understand) why sooo many people on this site cannot express their opinions without bashing someone personally or bashing other people’s opinions. I am going to try not to do that in my post I hope that those who disagree with me can refrain from bashing me.

I agree with deb n jeff who indicated that she would be reluctant to join without being able to preview the gallery. This is exactly the reason I have not paid for the dirty dozen membership. If I could preview these offerings , I might be compelled to join but without being able to judge myself what I would be getting, I am not driven to join.

Some other thoughts on the pending paid general membership concepts:

-DELETED

-Currently, many samples I see on SCS have already been uploaded to other sites. Essentially I’d be paying for what I can see for free elsewhere. I wonder if this would change?

-As a paying subscriber I’d like to see a greater variety of samples. SU is great but I stamp with other companies’ products and I think that one of the biggest shortfalls of SCS now is that the samples are so SU heavy. (Yes, I know this site was started to support an SU downline) I also realize that the administrators do not control or dictate what content is uploaded and it may be that the reason that there are so many SU samples is that there are so many SU fans. I do not know the answer to this one.

- I join in the opinions of everyone else who said that they’d like to see some sort of trial, or limited term option for membership.

- Will a provision be made for a refund if I cancel my membership early?

Having said all of the above, I agree with wynona- this site belongs to the administrators and they can do what they want with it. I think it was gracious of them to solicit our opinions before they made the final changes. Let’s remain gracious to each other.

Last edited by toodme; 09-22-2005 at 08:22 PM..
Old 09-22-2005, 05:46 PM   #302
Crimping Master

Default I support you 100%

Simple- SCS is the REASON I'm a New Demo!

Software- IS expensive and time-consuming (along with the fact that I have no clue what you actually do to make everything work)

Question- Is there a way to PURGE galleries that are clearly Not Used Anymore....now don't freak out...but an out with the old, dusty and who knows what happened to the stamper gallery purge?

Price- A BARGAIN!!

THANK YOU for all you do at SCS...keep smiling
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ Beth theangelcompany #3332
-:¦:- ((¸¸. Beauty is the gift of God. - Aristotle
Old 09-22-2005, 05:47 PM   #303
Bunny's SunnyChick

Wink NoT TRYING TO OFFEND~Just being Honest with my Thoughts.

OMG, I totally missed reading the 5 pages or so of comments and just saw a few negative comments. People GET A GRIP! Take a chill pill and pay the bill! People waste more money on junk than the Fan Club fee costs. I bet everyone could sit down and figure out where their money goes start to finish and find several ways that their money is being wasted. I throw away more than $25 on stamp sets that I barely ever even touch! !!!

Daven and Tracy, AGAIN you guys ROCK!
I am totally blown away that you are able to do what you do now for so little. I would totally be willing to pay more if neccessary because I KNOW that $25 is not worth what I get out of SCS!

THERE IS NO FREE RIDE. If you PLAY you Must PAY!

I truly hope all this negativity does not stress you guys out. It is totally uncalled for...DO what YOU need to do.

Sorry, I get mouthy and found a little poetry inside of me...Please don't take offense. But I feel strongly about SCS because my goodness they give us so much that even questioning giving a donation to me seems silly. But I do respect others opinions...We are entitled to those.
Tracy H. #31511=)

Last edited by stampin-sunnychick; 09-22-2005 at 05:55 PM.. Reason: HUGS TO ALL!
Old 09-22-2005, 05:47 PM   #304
Glitter Guru

Ok one more comment here... Everyone at some points gets magazines and subscriptions to magazines. Thats when i became a member of the Fan Club when i was going to renew my CK which i hardly ever read and I am on here daily. Which I also get thousands of more ideas from. I don't think $25 is too much but of course that's my opinion. I just cut back on the magazines...
Old 09-22-2005, 05:48 PM   #305
Pearl-ExPert

There are so many thoughts here on this subject but I only just found out there was a fan club(duh) I'm joining because I love it here and the people and the gallery is terrific! BRAVO to you guys who have run this as long as you have for free. Sometimes it is all about money but then again you get what you pay for! In this case I think you get more. But I do agree I would hate to lose any talented ,creative people who could not pay? Thanks for listening! DONNA
Old 09-22-2005, 05:49 PM   #306
Die Cut Diva

Thank you for this site! I am behind your decision 110%!

Ok...I couldn't read past page 5 because I was getting so upset over some people's comments! This thread is about as viscious as Current Events! This is what I think about what I have read:

1) Daven said it was TEMPORARY. Yes, it may be permanent at some time, but for now it's TEMPORARY! Why all the people with their panties in a bunch?

2) If you can afford to buy stamping supplies for an OPTIONAL HOBBY, then you can afford $25 for a subscription to this site. No one is making you spend money on stamps, so why can't you put some of that money toward your inspiration? I'm a single mom with a single income...I'm a member and I paid for it all by myself! I may not have In Full Bloom, but I am a member!

3) Do you expect stamping mag companies to send you free magazines? Why should you expect a great stamping website with WAY MORE inspiration than those mags to be free?

4) I have no idea how much it costs to run a site like this, but even if Daven and Tracy made some $$ off of this, they a) won't be millionaires by any means and b) deserve some compensation for all of their dedication and hard work. They could close this site down tomorrow with no warning. They are under no obligation to keep this site going for anyone! All this whining may just make them throw in the towel...I wouldn't want to keep up this site after reading all of the ungrateful comments people are posting.

5) Did I mention Daven said that for now it's TEMPORARY?

If you don't like it then leave...most likely no one will miss you if you feel this way. Besides, if you leave it will free up the gallery server so it runs faster!
Old 09-22-2005, 05:52 PM   #307
Stampin' Fool

Thumbs up I say go for it...

Quote:

Originally Posted by heart
Ok.
About time!
I so love SCS!
I have had more fun this year with RAK's, swapping, secret sister, uploading, caseing, learning, downloading, oh! the list goes on and on!
I am sold on this place!
THanks for making me the stamper I am today.
Go 'head girl! You said it all, I joined in April/May? and can't stay away. What an awesome resource! I joined the fan club in June and love those gorgeous creations and INSTRUCTIONS that can be found there.

Thanks for everyone's hard work to keep things running smoothly
Sunny
Old 09-22-2005, 05:53 PM   #308
Rubber Obsessor

Thumbs up pay for gallery viewing

I would be lost if I wasn't able to view the gallery, I go into withdrawls when I can't. So, I am more than willing to pay the $20.00. The best $20.00 I have ever spent and as someone else previously said it is only $1.67 a month. Keep up the good work, you are all saints in my book. Thanks
Old 09-22-2005, 05:56 PM   #309
Minglerville Blabber
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

I forgot to mention way back on my post on page 5 that I have met some of the sweetest people on this sight. Not physically however. I have made a dear, dear sweet friend that I will never be able to live without!!! And that is maryp. she means a lot to me and I would never know her except through SCS. she is totally worth more that $25!!! Debra
My Blog: Yellow and Blue

SU Creative Crew Design Team Member-May-August 2011
Old 09-22-2005, 05:57 PM   #310
Rubber Obsessor

gallery fees?

I was wondering how long it would take to become a paid only sight. This really is such a shame. well I am thankfull to have all of the temlpates that i could find to build my knowledge and love for being a SU Demo. I will say a fond fairwell on the first of oct. I may check back once and again. It really makes me sad because I just gave Camcmom my su for demos only application! Great now I am not able to see that either. Sure I would love to jion the club, but with 4 kids and a hubby that travels 2 1/2 hours ONE way to work, this is a little hard to do right now. Do what this sight needs, but probably w/o me! Sadly Taishea
Old 09-22-2005, 05:58 PM   #311
Insane Embellisher

[QUOTE=Julia S] (maybe SU should fund some of it as they've certainly gotten increased sales from me with the awesome ideas on this site!)

QUOTE]
Wouldn't that be wonderful! My upline directed me to this site when I became a demo-quite often I send my customers here for ideas as well as getting lost on here myself for hours at a time. lol
I absolutely love this site and although I have not yet signed up for the fan club- I would love to- this site has helped me in too many ways to list - and $20 for the Fan club is definitely not to much to ask!! I will be sending in for my membership right away!

I do have a question though- if every member were to sign up for the fan club- wouldn't there still be the same problem of uploading etc?(It could happen)

Like everyone here- I appreciate the time and effort of everyone involved-Splitcoaststampers is absolutely amazing!! You do what you have to do- we are all behind you!!
PS- Now can we get those cute tee- shirts in Canada?lol
Old 09-22-2005, 05:59 PM   #312
Compulsive Stamper

Gallery Changes

Personally the gallery is the biggest thing i use on here alot! I would hate to see this change for non- fan members. I think there should be another option to consider.
Old 09-22-2005, 06:00 PM   #313
Embossing Fanatic

Default Lower the cost and go for it

IMHO: If it is $10, most people can pay it and you will make more money for the site but at $20, you will lose a lot of people. I want to support you but I can not afford to build my business without supplies and I don't come here very often. Some people are more addicted to this site than me but I love it and want it to prosper. In business, sometimes you make more money by charging less and having more people enthusiastic about it than just getting more from fewer people. At $10, I'll subscribe but $20, not likely. I don't buy any magazines or go to coffee shops and I don't make enough to need a write off. I love what you do but just can't justify the large expenditure. If I get shut out, I just want to say thank you for all you have given us and for your hard work. You are an awesome group!
Old 09-22-2005, 06:02 PM   #314
Polyshrink Goddess

I support your decision 100%, I am on here everyday and this is so worth more than $20.00 a year!! It's your site and you make the final decision and this thread just goes to show how great and caring you are by asking for feedback.
Old 09-22-2005, 06:03 PM   #315
Die Cut Diva

I just recently became a paid member during your Hurricane Katrina deal. I must admit, I always felt a little guilty using this site and not becoming a member. I'm sorry it took a hurricane for me to become a paid member, but I really feel the money is so worth it. I'm just lovin' the DD gallery. $20-$25? Heck I've spent more than that this week on just going to my daughter's basketball games what with addmission, gas and getting a quick bite to eat through a drive thru so that amount of money is really nothing I feel even to the low income.

Renee O
Old 09-22-2005, 06:03 PM   #316
Bunny's SunnyChick

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampcrazygirl
Thank you for this site! I am behind your decision 110%!

Ok...I couldn't read past page 5 because I was getting so upset over some people's comments! This thread is about as viscious as Current Events! This is what I think about what I have read:

1) Daven said it was TEMPORARY. Yes, it may be permanent at some time, but for now it's TEMPORARY! Why all the people with their panties in a bunch?

2) If you can afford to buy stamping supplies for an OPTIONAL HOBBY, then you can afford $25 for a subscription to this site. No one is making you spend money on stamps, so why can't you put some of that money toward your inspiration? I'm a single mom with a single income...I'm a member and I paid for it all by myself! I may not have In Full Bloom, but I am a member!

3) Do you expect stamping mag companies to send you free magazines? Why should you expect a great stamping website with WAY MORE inspiration than those mags to be free?

4) I have no idea how much it costs to run a site like this, but even if Daven and Tracy made some $$ off of this, they a) won't be millionaires by any means and b) deserve some compensation for all of their dedication and hard work. They could close this site down tomorrow with no warning. They are under no obligation to keep this site going for anyone! All this whining may just make them throw in the towel...I wouldn't want to keep up this site after reading all of the ungrateful comments people are posting.

5) Did I mention Daven said that for now it's TEMPORARY?

If you don't like it then leave...most likely no one will miss you if you feel this way. Besides, if you leave it will free up the gallery server so it runs faster!
OK, I just have to DITTO you because I really like the way you politely said it all!

AND DON't forget about the AWESOME tutorials on Wednesdays, VSN (SEE YOU THERE!), friendships, ideas, inspiration, support, sharing, swaps, Secret Siblings/Sisters/Friends,Up to date NEWS, Opinions,samples,
MY GOSH THIS LIST COULD GO ON FOREVER.

Ok, now I promise me and my opinions are moving on...Your right it is like the War Zone. OOPS, I mean Current Events.

THANK YOU to everyone that helps make SCS run so smoothly.
Tracy H. #31511=)

Old 09-22-2005, 06:08 PM   #317
Stazon Splitcoast

Okay, I'm going cross-eyed reading all of this continuous text, so I'm going to try to break things up a bit and make this a little easier to read.

Something a lot of people don't seem to realize is that the member galleries, for the most part, contain EVERYTHING that is in the stamp set galleries! When you upload a photo to the main gallery, it is AUTOMATICALLY added to your own personal gallery. Non-paying members will still be able to view all of the wonderful card samples -- they just won't be able to add to the slowdown by uploading more.

The whole point of this TEMPORARY restriction (although I agree that making it permanent isn't a bad idea -- I also started feeling guilty for playing without paying once the Fan Club was started) is to reduce traffic so that the upgrades can be made, and the additional revenue from the increase in subscriptions will ensure that future upgrades can be made more quickly because the money is available to do so without digging deeper into the Nolta family budget. Come on, folks, let's let Daven be able to work fewer hours so he can spend some time with the 4 lovely ladies in his life! No, I'm not talking about Jenn, Beate, Catie and Britta! LOL!

My Stampin' Up! blog
"I'm a time traveler -- I point and laugh at archaeologists." 10th Doctor, "Silence in the Library"
Old 09-22-2005, 06:08 PM   #318
Matboard Maniac

Smile

I think this is a great idea. I became a fan club member to support this site, because I know how much work goes into it. And I really appreciate that work!! I have no complaints about paying for something like this. I will continue to support you whether I have to or not! Keep up the great work.
Old 09-22-2005, 06:18 PM   #319
Stazon Splitcoast

Old 09-22-2005, 06:19 PM   #320
Hardware Hotshot

I think $20 or $25 A YEAR! is an unbelieveable value. It's well worth that and more. Daven, I say do whatever you have to.

I am extraordinarily patient, provided I get my own way in the end. - Margaret Thatcher

https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/go/dstfrommi
Closed Thread