Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2005, 10:54 AM   #1561
Glitter Queen

Exclamation URGENT HELP NEEDED

I am a fan club member and I have my stamp club members coming to my house tonight and cannot access my favorites!

Please help
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 10-04-2005, 10:56 AM   #1562
Inking Addict

Thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by victorial
OK...I made it through 24 pages so far and thought I'd add my .02. I didn't even know there was a fan club until this thread. I've been thinking long and hard about joining. Like many others here money is tight. For some reason, $20 a year seems so much easier than $25 a year...but when I think of just over $2 a month it seems very reasonable. I will join the fan club and even support this site becoming fee based. I think the Noltas deserve to earn a good living with this site. From what I've read, so many people have found their creativity blossom from the information contained here. I've found so much inspiration from the gallery and forums.

My suggestion (for what it's worth) is to charge everyone $10 or $12 a year for the site (with a one month trial membership to get visitors addicted). Those that can afford more can donate more. If 40,000 members paid $10 a year that would be....um...let me get my calculator (just kidding) $400,000 a year. It seems to me that kind of money could get this site smokin' fast and provide a decent living for the Noltas.

Now to finish the final 20 pages or so....
I agree with you on this... I had to think about becoming a paid member also. But once I thought about it, not only am I paying to have access to the wonderful Dirty Dozen, I'm helping to support this wonderful site. I mean... I use it don't I? So why not help to support it? I couldn't imagine no SCS!
I also like your suggestion. It makes perfect sence to me. Make it a pay only site, charge everyone $10 a year (very affordable!) and we'd have a smokin site! Most of us would never think of maintaining a website for next to free. We'd have to be crazy! $10 a year is very reasonable. We pay more for our stamps! I think of it like this. SCS is a tool just like all the stuff I stamp with in my stampin arscinal. Without SCS I'd have to go to some of the other sites for my inspiration. Not that they are bad. But I've just not ever found any other site that compares to SCS.
Old 10-04-2005, 10:58 AM   #1563
Inking Addict

I've noticed the same thing. Access has been coming and going. I'm assuming they are working on the site today. Hang in there.
Old 10-04-2005, 11:08 AM   #1564
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by basketballmom
Could you please translate this for me? It sounds like it would make me smile!
I HAD to know what they were saying so I copy/pasted into my on-line translation site. Thanks for the break in this thread
Debbi~SU Demo~SCS#6378
~My Gallery~My SUO Blog~
Mother to 6 and Grandmother to Katie- 7/31/09 & Kyle-12/6/12

Old 10-04-2005, 11:22 AM   #1565
Cardstock Collector

Default Something in the middle!

Originally Posted by srogers5
I'm wondering how to maximize income and minimize losing members. Perhaps if dues were required by all, then the price could come down for all. I mean, how many people are paying $25 now? If there are only 5,000 (just pulled it out of the air), then that's an "income" of $125,000. If all 40,000 were required to pay $5, then that would be $200,000. I understand that there are some people who wouldn't want to contribute, but then perhaps they should not be able to have access. After all, this is a great resource. Even $10 is not a bad price and wouldn't make people think twice (or shouldn't anyways).

The above post sounds like an idea that would make SCS available to everyone. The gallery searching by stamp set is so easy and convenient and is about all I access on the site. I've had no trouble with speed. It's certainly worth $24.95 a year but $5-10 would make it affordable for everyone. Isn't that the fairest way?
Old 10-04-2005, 11:35 AM   #1566
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Quote:

Originally Posted by Motherof6
I HAD to know what they were saying so I copy/pasted into my on-line translation site. Thanks for the break in this thread

De nada!

Puedes decirme donde puedo encontrar el sitio que describiste? Me interesa mucho! Cuesta? O es gratis?
Old 10-04-2005, 11:35 AM   #1567
Embossing Fanatic

Default About the Fan Club Fee

I think since only fan club members will be able to post and access all of the website that you will have alot more fan club members if you keep the fee low. With a substatial increase in membership you should be able to charge a lower fee such as $10 a year.
Old 10-04-2005, 11:36 AM   #1568
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by JulieHRR
De nada!

Puedes decirme donde puedo encontrar el sitio que describiste? Me interesa mucho! Cuesta? O es gratis?
I like babblefish.com
Old 10-04-2005, 11:41 AM   #1569
blueflower©

I, for one, will not be able to pay the $25. When we have $25 it's immediately needed for something else like bills or food for our three kids. What a pain, huh? I'd much rather spend it on stamps. LOL just kidding
But I am in total agreement with the people that said reducing the file size would be a big help. Sometimes when I click on a thumbnail a picture of the card ends up taking up half my screen! Well, not really, but some of them end up being waaay bigger than they might necessarily need to be. Reducing file sizes and saving them in different formats is quite easy. Just a quick tut page might have to be drawn up to teach how to do it.
Just my thoughts!

Old 10-04-2005, 11:45 AM   #1570
Cardstock Collector

Thumbs up

The wealth of information, creativity and imagination is well worth the Fan Club Membership price. I currently am not a paid member, but will be without hesitation! Thanks for all you guys do!
Old 10-04-2005, 11:49 AM   #1571
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

De nada!

¡Libre del curso!
www.freetranslation.com

I will have to check out Jenn's Babblefish!
Debbi~SU Demo~SCS#6378
~My Gallery~My SUO Blog~

Old 10-04-2005, 11:51 AM   #1572
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by splitcoaststampers

What if we trimmed down the number of uploads or restricted uploads in some way?
Uploads and file size are not contributing in a meaningful way to the performance issues that we're experiencing in the gallery. We will probably never need to place limits on the amount of items you upload.

Old 10-04-2005, 11:56 AM   #1573
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

¡Libre del curso!
www.freetranslation.com
OMG, I just tried it. It's muy cool-o.
Old 10-04-2005, 11:56 AM   #1574
blueflower©

BTW, have any of the managers here responded to any of these suggestions? I probably missed it in the gazillion posts if they did! lol I was just wondering what their thoughts are up to this point. I know they're busy re-vamping the gallery, though.

Old 10-04-2005, 11:58 AM   #1575
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by blueflower©
BTW, have any of the managers here responded to any of these suggestions? I probably missed it in the gazillion posts if they did! lol I was just wondering what their thoughts are up to this point. I know they're busy re-vamping the gallery, though.
Subscriptions are now offered at the 6 mo & 12 mo levels.

Most everything else has been covered in Daven's original post, which he edited to give answers.
Old 10-04-2005, 11:59 AM   #1576
Stazon Splitcoast

Answers to questions have been posted on the first page in the first post
Quote:

Originally Posted by blueflower©
Debbi~SU Demo~SCS#6378
~My Gallery~My SUO Blog~

Old 10-04-2005, 12:05 PM   #1577
Stazon Splitcoast

Using FreeTranslation.com I translated Daven's original post to Spanish. Surely this must be helpful to someone.

Quote:

El 1 de octubre, SCS empezará restringiendo la mayoría de los accesos de la galería para Ventilar a miembros de Club sólo.

Liberte el acceso a las galerías de Splitcoast se restaurará los asuntos una vez galería-relacionados del tráfico se resuelven.

Para el cuento entero, vea nuestro announcment en la página principal o lo leyó aquí: el anuncio de la galería

Para la información completa del club de admiradores, la mirada aquí: el club de admiradores pagina

¡Queremos saber sus pensamientos, discuta abajo!

Las respuestas a algunos preguntan

¿Cuánto es una suscripción del club de admiradores? Ventile las suscripciones del Club aumentaron levemente este año, a $25 por 12 meses.

¿Los miembros que no-pagando perderán todo acceso a la galería? Los miembros que no-pagando tendrán acceso todavía a Galerías de Miembro y Técnica Ilumina con proyector las galerías.

¿Esto es la permanente del cambio? La galería será libre y abierta a todo otra vez, una vez que nuestro software y los camareros son capaces de manejar la carga del tráfico. Las galerías del club de admiradores siempre se quedarán la parte del beneficio para pagar a miembros.

¿Hace usted este cambio para razones financieras? ¡No. Nosotros lo odiamos para razones financieras! Odiamos el hecho que cualquiera quizás considere la partidanos porque ellos no desean pagar un honorario por conseguir acceso a la galería.

Hacemos el cambio para dos razones. Primero, no es justo a nuestros miembros que pagan que ellos pagan por una experiencia inferior. El segundo, nuestros camareros y el software son incapaces de manejar nuestra carga actual del tráfico. La única manera que la galería puede quedarse funcional deberá reducir la carga hasta que podamos obtener las mejoras adicionales en el lugar.

10:30 ES (pacífico) el viernes, 11/23

El terreno es de gran reacción, da las gracias todos. Para todas las palabras increíblemente amables también. ¡Ah! Gracias tanto.

Por favor, es extra tolerante con reacciones negativas a este anuncio. Pedí la reacción y soy importante oír de los que tienen las reservaciones acerca de lo.

Muchos de los postes relacionan hasta ahora al impacto financiero de este anuncio. No hay pregunta que ganaremos a miembros más pagados, por lo menos a corto plazo, como resultado de restringir el acceso a mucha de la galería.

Para la salud a largo plazo de la comunidad de Splitcoast, sin embargo, yo creo que el mejor línea de acción deberá quedarse un sitio libre. Restringiremos la galería para sólo tan largo como lo toma para dirigir nuestros problemas del tráfico.

Obtengo un pantano de correo electrónico con preguntas acerca del club de admiradores, y no seré capaz de responder a la mayoría de ellos en una moda oportuna. Su mejor fuente de información de club de admiradores está aquí: página de club de admiradores

Más Preguntas & Contesta

¿Qué tal liberte las asociaciones del ensayo? Cualquier sistema de la asociación del ensayo podría ser ladeado fácilmente por vuelve a juntarse el sitio con un nombre de usuario nuevo. Nosotros no queremos crear un estímulo negativo para nombres de usuario "falsificados".

¿Qué tal un sistema con gradas de asociación? Prefiero la sencillez siempre que las asociaciones posibles y con gradas crean las complicaciones para usted y también para nosotros.

¿Qué tal asociaciones de parcial-año? Haremos las asociaciones del club de admiradores de parcial-año, la mirada para este muy pronto.

¿Qué si recortamos nosotros hacia abajo el número de carga o restringido carga en alguna manera? Carga y archiva el tamaño no contribuye en una manera significativa a los asuntos del desempeño que experimentamos en la galería. Nosotros probablemente nunca necesitaremos colocar los límites en la cantidad de artículos que usted carga.

¿Por qué hace carga tiene que ser restringido para no miembros de club de admiradores? Desde que las Galerías de Miembro y Proyector de Técnica son las únicas galerías que miembros de Club de no-ventila verán, ellos también no serán capaces de cargar a otras categorías. Mantener la galería organizada nos requiere a mantener cargamos clasificados apropiadamente y seríamos difícil de hacer esto con carga de no miembros de club de admiradores.

__________________ el hombre (literalmente)
I'm peeing in my pants. It sounds so funny. I know. I'm a dork!
Old 10-04-2005, 12:08 PM   #1578
blueflower©

thanx Jenn and Debbi. I've been skipping over the first post! lol

Old 10-04-2005, 12:12 PM   #1579
Stazon Splitcoast

You're killing me here. How many languages do you think we need to translate it into? They have quite the list there!
Quote:

Originally Posted by Consuelo
Using FreeTranslation.com I translated Daven's original post to Spanish. Surely this must be helpful to someone.

Debbi~SU Demo~SCS#6378
~My Gallery~My SUO Blog~

Old 10-04-2005, 12:24 PM   #1580
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Consuelo

Wait till you meet Daven. .. then you'll be able to *hear* his voice saying it. ROFLOLOL!
Old 10-04-2005, 12:34 PM   #1581
Kookie Creator

Thumbs up

This site is awesome and you have more than proved yourself worthy of compensation. I will soon be joining your fan club after reading this. I haven't been on but for a few months and have been impressed with your site. I was actually a bit shocked that there wasn't a fee. The tutorals ROCK and have answered many a question when I've been stuck. I think you should be proud to to have such a wonderful resource and be willing without regret or quilt to place a value on it. Bravo to you for your professionalism and commitment to quality service and product. Thank you!
Elaine Arpin

Stalking trudee, muwhahhahahahaaa

MY GALLERY
Old 10-04-2005, 12:41 PM   #1582
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Thank you for the translations!

Wish I was coming to Portland to meet you ... guess you don't want to come up to Calgary?
Old 10-04-2005, 12:48 PM   #1583
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks to Consuelo D will now always be "EL HOMBRE" to me!!! HAHAHALOL~!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am going to email him and call him El Hombre~ LOL
Old 10-04-2005, 01:31 PM   #1584
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Quote:

¡Libre del curso!
www.freetranslation.com

I will have to check out Jenn's Babblefish!

SENSACIONAL!!!! Un montón de gracias, Madre de 6 y Jenn!!!!!

De veras, creo que me gustaría ver la traducción en japonés, además en español . . . hmmmmm. Desgraciadamente, no entiendo nada de japonés pero me fascina!!!
Old 10-04-2005, 01:34 PM   #1585
Cardstock Collector

Default fee for gallery

In the past, one of "the best things in life (have been) free.." I'm ready to sign up and send in my check...just tell me where! We've enjoyed so much on this site that it's only just that we "give back" a little. $25.00 a year? That's pennies compared to the ideas that I don't have to spend my valuable time thinking up on my own.

Please tell me where to send my check!

[email protected]
Old 10-04-2005, 01:52 PM   #1586
Pearl-ExPert

Hi, Jan!

Have a look here: Fan Club info.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~Off-topic~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Here's an FYI for those of you including your email addresses in posts. Here's a quote by row4d taken from this thread (click for original thread).

In this case, Jan, I'd suggest you include your email addy like so, next time:
stampinjan25(AT)aol(DOT)com
Hope this helps ya!

Quote:

Originally Posted by row4d
Lately I've noticed a large number of posts where people have been requesting templates, instructions, etc., and have been including their full e-mail addresses. Did you all know that when you do that you're opening yourself up to spam attacks? Spammers often use computer programs that search web pages and internet message boards for e-mail addresses to add to their mailing lists, and the usual dead giveaway is that little '@' symbol combined with the '.com' or '.net' ending. You can fool these programs by writing your address in such a way that only a human being can read it -- for example, type "username AT serviceprovider DOT com". Another solution would be to simply PM your address to the other person.
.:Cristina:.

Want to join the SCS Fan Club?
Old 10-04-2005, 01:56 PM   #1587
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

SENSACIONAL!!!! Un montón de gracias, Madre de 6 y Jenn!!!!!

De veras, creo que me gustaría ver la traducción en japonés, además en español . . . hmmmmm. Desgraciadamente, no entiendo nada de japonés pero me fascina!!!
I can't find a Japense translator It is a fasinating language (writting)
Debbi~SU Demo~SCS#6378
~My Gallery~My SUO Blog~

Old 10-04-2005, 04:02 PM   #1588
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

I can't find a Japense translator It is a fasinating language (writting)
Here BETA

http://translate.google.com/translate_t

I wore Red Panties, now I wear white!!
Don't mess with Old People!
Old 10-04-2005, 04:03 PM   #1589
Stazon Splitcoast

or here

http://www.systransoft.com/index.html

I wore Red Panties, now I wear white!!
Don't mess with Old People!
Old 10-04-2005, 04:31 PM   #1590
Rubber Obsessor

Default Getting what you pay for....

I realized the first time I signed on to SCS that the time, effort and expertise of the people behind it was invaluable. I immediately joined the Fan Club (actually is it time for me to renew?).
I would be willing to do whatever it takes to make sure this resource never goes away. It's the first (and only) site I go to for gallery photos, tutorials, forums, you name it - it's all here.
Just one thing - I WANT MY SCS!!!
(Sung to the tune of: "I want my MTV" - dating myself, huh?)

Just tell us what you need.

Thanks for all you do - from one of your biggest fans
Old 10-04-2005, 04:52 PM   #1591
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Quote:

Originally Posted by dvkinker
I realized the first time I signed on to SCS that the time, effort and expertise of the people behind it was invaluable. I immediately joined the Fan Club (actually is it time for me to renew?).
I would be willing to do whatever it takes to make sure this resource never goes away. It's the first (and only) site I go to for gallery photos, tutorials, forums, you name it - it's all here.
Just one thing - I WANT MY SCS!!!
(Sung to the tune of: "I want my MTV" - dating myself, huh?)

Just tell us what you need.

Thanks for all you do - from one of your biggest fans
DIRE STRAITS!!!!!!! ROCK ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-04-2005, 05:14 PM   #1592
acm
Rubber Obsessor

I love this site and it has helped me in my business so much. I signed up yesterday when I realized I can't live without the ideas available. This is a great site and I have no trouble helping the great people who manage all this for us.

Keep up the excellent work!

And THANK YOU!
~~Michigan Mingle 2009 here I come!!!~~
Old 10-04-2005, 05:32 PM   #1593
Cardstock Collector

I was so naive that I didn't know there is a fan club! But NOW that I know, I will gladly pay and join the club!!!!!!!! Hope all will go well soon!!
Old 10-04-2005, 05:34 PM   #1594
Cardstock Collector

if for paid members only, i want my cards deleted

I understand the problems and I have loved your service. However, I don't traffic the site often enough to pay $20.00 a year for it. I would do $5.00 and maybe $10.00 but even that is pushing it for me. There are so many other sites to search and find ideas and I also would struggle with the fact that someone had to pay to see the cards that I posted. If you do go to a paid gallery site, I would like to have my cards and such removed. I don't know if that is being petty or not but even magazines, when they publish your work, they pay you for it. I don't expect any payment for my posts but I post because I like to share and also I like access to others work.
Also there is the issue of Stampin' Up's copyright laws. I don't know what their opinion of people paying you money to view things made with their stamps......... knowing the way SU is, I can imagine that they would have quite the negative to say about it.
I personally feel like if you are going to go fee based, the fee needs to stay low and you will be much more likey to keep your membership. Or maybe you could have specific benefits for paid members like some of the recipe websites (one of my favorites is recipezaar.com) Maybe only paid members can see recipes or directions for the projects/cards that are made. Or only paid members can send personal messages or post comments or access patterns and techniques. I don't know what the solution is, but your temporary one will drive me away. Yes, I admit, I am a tight wad. I am on a very limited income because I am a stay at home mom and I will pinch however many pennies that I have to, to be the one raising my 3 & 5 year old children.
Old 10-04-2005, 05:38 PM   #1595
Cardstock Collector

I think most people could stand to pay a few dollars to help support the people who put their time and effort into SCS. I don't think it's too much to ask for a small annual fee.
Old 10-04-2005, 06:34 PM   #1596
SCS Founder

Altogether a thoroughly entertaining, enlightening and most amazing thread. Thanks for all the comments everyone.

Please see the first post of this thread for complete information, but all you need to know can be summed up by the following:

As the founder, principal developer and sole controlling authority of Splitcoaststampers I HAVE NO INTENTION OF EVER MAKING SPLITCOAST A FEE-BASED SITE.

We're restricting gallery traffic temporarily in order to keep the computer running and reduce the risk of more serious problems.

At the same time, we're hard at work on a new system. By the end of October or soon thereafter, we'll have a new system in place and complete access to the gallery can be restored, FREE, to everyone.

Thanks again everyone!

Needs a sig

Last edited by splitcoaststampers; 10-04-2005 at 06:52 PM..
Closed Thread