Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2005, 05:43 PM   #1521
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by sharingmyartwork49
I just PM'd JENN and told her I wouldn't post again, and my PM to her was more funny than serious -- but since I posted last night, I've come to accept this change and I've "lurked" until reading this post "above"

Yes, it's only TEMPORARY - -but since last night and I've lurked and I've read all 160 plus pages, trust me on that.....I've come to realize this has become no LONGER about viewing artwork, who can and who can't.

It's truly about each side (and please understand I'm talking to both sides here) each side doesn't understand each other. Those of us who financially can't drop $24.95 or even the half price offer truly DO NOT HAVE THE MONEY (and no I'm not looking for a free ride) -I'm asking those who can drop $24.95 like it's a dime for the rest us -I'm asking that you understand what it's like for us who can't afford it.

THEN - on the other hand -those of us who can't afford it, because we need to put food on the table, pay the internet bill or as I did today place another SU ORDER for my upcoming STAMP A STACK -we need to understand that there are people in life that have money to just drop and never look back. They don't need to worry about food on the table, the car payment, and kids school needs.

With that said -neither group should look down on each other. I've lurked now and realized it's not that us poor people DONT GET IT---we might be poor, but we're smart. We're just disappointed. And those who can afford it- need to understand that. WE're TRULY DISAPPOINTED - -that's all it is.

Those who can't afford it - - shouldn't be jealous either of those who can just drop $24.95 and never look back.

This thread has truly gotten down to that.

I'm fine with this - - I've come to terms with it and I'm counting the days til November 1st. So, let's not judge each other on who has money and who doesn't - let's just get back to sharing what we love - - STAMPING!!

And ladies, if you can't pay - it's really true -we can still view the artwork, we just have to work harder at it. Sorta images our lives, when you think about it - we that are lower income have to work harder at most everything -at least my family and I do. And that's not a cut towards people with money---it's the God's honest truth.....we have to work harder for what we want to get.

I tried real hard here NOT TO FLAME either side and I hope to God I don't get flamed for this and Jenn doesn't get mad at me since I PM'd her back and said I was sitting on my flying fingers and so wanted to post, but decided not to.

Please let's all understand both sides and accept it....I accept it now and live goes on....by the "I GET IT TOO" LOL

Judy
I honestly understand what you are saying. I had to stretch to get my money in (did it before the announcement though). BUT there are some people who have not read everything like you did. There are some who saw "paid members only" and "$24.95" and freaked out without reading the rest! I did that at first, and I am a fan club member, but if one carefully reads the first post, one will see that we can all access a ton of photos, they are just detoured (I know you know this, others don't).
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 10-03-2005, 07:39 PM   #1522
Stampin' Fool

OK...I made it through 24 pages so far and thought I'd add my .02. I didn't even know there was a fan club until this thread. I've been thinking long and hard about joining. Like many others here money is tight. For some reason, $20 a year seems so much easier than $25 a year...but when I think of just over $2 a month it seems very reasonable. I will join the fan club and even support this site becoming fee based. I think the Noltas deserve to earn a good living with this site. From what I've read, so many people have found their creativity blossom from the information contained here. I've found so much inspiration from the gallery and forums.

My suggestion (for what it's worth) is to charge everyone $10 or $12 a year for the site (with a one month trial membership to get visitors addicted). Those that can afford more can donate more. If 40,000 members paid $10 a year that would be....um...let me get my calculator (just kidding) $400,000 a year. It seems to me that kind of money could get this site smokin' fast and provide a decent living for the Noltas.

Now to finish the final 20 pages or so....
Old 10-03-2005, 07:43 PM   #1523
Rubber Obsessor

I'm not too excited about a fee, but I completely understand how much time and money it may be to upkeep a web site, especially one of this magnatude. I LOVE this website, and I would pay it if need be.

I miss the gallery in alphabetical order!!!!!
Old 10-03-2005, 09:03 PM   #1524
Stazon Splitcoast

Just a thought...

I was thinking about how some people have said $25 is too much. I completely understand that for some people $25 is nothing. For some people it means giving up starbucks for a week. For some it means taking in the cans to be recycled to get the money. And for others it really is impossible... because even if they took cans in to be recycled they would need to buy food with that money. I really do get that! I've been there!!!

What I was thinking is that the price could probably have been less if more people were willing to pay (I'm not talking about those who cannot). But basically the people who pay the $25 a year are keeping it running for everyone.

I don't think most the people who paid the fee are putting down anyone who cannot pay... but there are those out there who can pay... but won't. I'm really confused why those people think that Daven, Tracy, and others should work for free???

Have you ever seen a post by a demo about how her friends want to buy SU product at the demo's cost? Of course that means the demo makes no money on that sale. Is that fair? Of course not!

My husband does some computer work on the side and people are always thinking he should do it (fix their computers) for free. More times than not he does it for free for people he knows well. But then they tell other people who call him and want him to come to their house and fix their computer for free. Believe me... this gets crazy after awhile!

Anyhow... all that said... Daven and Tracy are trying to keep this a free site... but just keep in mind that some people pay to keep it a free site... and if the people who pay get some kind of bonus...like the Dirty Doz. gallery, it's just a thank you for their support. I hope enough people pay so Davan and Tracy can have a nice income from it. They work full time hours on it (probably more than full time hours!!)... so they deserve to be paid.

Sencie

Last edited by Sencie; 10-03-2005 at 09:08 PM..
Old 10-03-2005, 10:13 PM   #1525
Cardstock Collector

Default Fan Club Membership

Okay...personally, I'm understanding that the fan club fee is $25, not $20. And I am understanding that actually, NO, we won't be able to view the gallery; just the gallery of Fan Club members--meaning we can't see every card uploaded by every Susie and Sally stamper that has ever uploaded a cute card to this site. I think that stinks.
Be that as it may, I went and tried to join today only to have PayPal boot me out with a "we are having technical difficulties, try again later". Great. Let me work that in sometime tomorrow around midnite when I have a free moment.
So much bother just to try and get some ideas for a stamp camp I'm having later this month; I can't come up with anything because I'm in the middle of my studies, trying to finish my college degree while being a SAHM.

Having said all that, I have SO ENJOYED looking at all the ideas on this site, I will log on, no matter how many nights in a row it takes, hoping against hope that somehow, someway, PayPal will get their act together and be able to accept a payment for the Fan Club.
Old 10-03-2005, 10:48 PM   #1526
Kookie Creator

I'm not opposed to the fee. But would have appreciated a fare warning to this idea. I'm new to the SU family and love seeing new ideas to do with the sets I have. I had ideas stored for my very first stamp camp and now I can't access them. I'm sure the fee would be worth it but am upset with the sudden band.
Old 10-03-2005, 11:08 PM   #1527
Cardstock Collector

Too bad that we would have to pay for the site- I personally didn't mind the waits because they were never that long and with a toddler around the house the little breaks in between were just fine with me to check on him or talk/play quick with him until the card i wanted loaded. if you have too charge for service, i would seriously have to consider whether or not I could still do this. I am not totally opposed to the cost, however I am sure there are others on a budget and you may lose quite a bit of viewership. An e-mail option before this goes into play would be appreciated, meaning a fair warning before it is instituted. The sudden limited access is very disconcerting and I for one am very disappointed. I just did my first demo session and had lots of great ideas from the site. Well do what you have to do and the rest of us will make a decision when it happens. It is still really too bad - I have found that customers are more likely to buy products because they are able to freely view the site to see and learn. If they had to pay to view, it would not be a drawing point - okay thanks for reading.
Old 10-03-2005, 11:37 PM   #1528
Stazon Splitcoast

Have you read the very first post on this thread? You can still get into the gallery now; you just have to view it through member galleries, rather than by stamp set names. And when the month is over and they've updated the gallery to make it better for everyone... you'll be able to view it like you always have... only faster!

Sencie
Old 10-04-2005, 03:30 AM   #1529
Cardstock Collector

Default Hard but right decision

I can't even imagine the tremendous amount of work that this takes, and you only ask $25 for a year subscription. I agree with your decision, and am glad that you made it. Kudos!! and may everyone who isn't a fan club sign up and you all get some investing to repay your investment (not exactly worded correctly but it is toooo early in the morning and my brain is not on yet).
Old 10-04-2005, 04:30 AM   #1530
Rubber Obsessor

Default Great idea and question

Thanks for putting the Fan club up! I'm pretty new to SCS and really liked the gallery on the home page that showed all the new work for each day. It was a great time saver and I saw things I wouldn't normally look up. I was wondering if you all were going to continue this gallery?
Thanks,
Robyn
Old 10-04-2005, 04:32 AM   #1531
Kookie Creator

Default Ridiculous

Rather than regulate the cost you should regulate HOW people upload their cards. Pershaps they could email them to SCS first and then ONLY you would be able to POST them. The cost is a bit high I would not access the site at that price. Truly I think it is unfair to cut people off their are other ways of getting people to donate to the cause...........Sorry just my opinion.
Old 10-04-2005, 05:07 AM   #1532
Matboard Maniac

Default I'm more than happy to pay to view the gallery

since I'm not a very creative person, the gallery helps me so much. Also,
my SU demo have very limited workshops and ideas, just because she does not have the time to put into them. The gallery is my way of doing a workshop on my own.

This is one of the best sites around for inspiration and ideas!

Love It!
Old 10-04-2005, 05:20 AM   #1533
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by kathleenie
Okay...personally, I'm understanding that the fan club fee is $25, not $20.
You are correct.
Quote:

And I am understanding that actually, NO, we won't be able to view the gallery; just the gallery of Fan Club members--meaning we can't see every card uploaded by every Susie and Sally stamper that has ever uploaded a cute card to this site. I think that stinks.
Actually - you have that backwards. You are still able to view every card uploaded ... but for this month ONLY, the Fan Club members are the only people who can have NEW uploads.

Quote:

Be that as it may, I went and tried to join today only to have PayPal boot me out with a "we are having technical difficulties, try again later". Great. Let me work that in sometime tomorrow around midnite when I have a free moment.
So much bother just to try and get some ideas for a stamp camp I'm having later this month; I can't come up with anything because I'm in the middle of my studies, trying to finish my college degree while being a SAHM.
You can still view the Gallery - have you given it a try. Use the Search function and type in the name of the set you are looking for. I can understand how you rely on the gallery - I do too!

Congratulations on working on your degree ... that's a lot of work!
Old 10-04-2005, 05:37 AM   #1534
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by afinerwoman
I'm not opposed to the fee. But would have appreciated a fare warning to this idea.
I just checked quickly and noticed that Daven posted about it on the front page at least 12 days ago, Sept 22.
Old 10-04-2005, 05:42 AM   #1535
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampingdiana
Rather than regulate the cost you should regulate HOW people upload their cards. Pershaps they could email them to SCS first and then ONLY you would be able to POST them. The cost is a bit high I would not access the site at that price. Truly I think it is unfair to cut people off their are other ways of getting people to donate to the cause...........Sorry just my opinion.
Huh? Right now all the images are individually approved by moderators. How would what you are suggesting be any different?

Read the first post again. The changes are TEMPORARY.

SCS isn't trying to cut anyone off. They are trying to UPGRADE the gallery and need to take it offline a little to work on it.

You can still access individual galleries.

It will be back online in less than a month if all goes as planned.
Old 10-04-2005, 05:47 AM   #1536
Stazon Splitcoast

Let me try it in Spanish...

Los cambios son temporarios, no son permanente.
Old 10-04-2005, 05:59 AM   #1537
Minglerville Blabber

LOL!!! Consuelo, you crack me up. I soooo hope that works.

Debra
My Blog: Yellow and Blue

SU Creative Crew Design Team Member-May-August 2011
Old 10-04-2005, 06:32 AM   #1538
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: The avie is my granddaughter & the bike that she races
Default I'm in!!!

My fan club membership kicked in last night & I am kicking myself for having put it off so long. It blew my socks off!! Best $25 I ever spent. Better than anything I have seen in a magazine lately & I won't have to wait a month or two between deliveries!
Great wor all.

Kate
Old 10-04-2005, 06:43 AM   #1539
Dirty Dozen Alumni

HAHAHAHAHAHA, you are one funny mamacita!! I still think you're beating a dead horse, though..........

Quote:

Originally Posted by Consuelo

Old 10-04-2005, 06:59 AM   #1540
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Quote:

Consuelo!!!!! Estoy muerta de risas!!!! Ja Ja ja!!!

Bien dicho!!!!! Espero que entiendan, pero creo que nuestras esfuerzas son inútiles . . .

Y, es obvio que hace muuuuuuuuucho tiempo que no hablo español . . .

No puedo esperar conocerte en Portland, amiga!
Old 10-04-2005, 07:16 AM   #1541
Stazon Splitcoast

A couple of suggestions to those of you unable to access the gallery the regular way during this upgrade.

1. Use the search function to find what you are looking for. Click on gallery. Type the set or technique you are looking for in the search window.

2. Check out the individual galleries. There's a couple of ways to do this.
  • Click on the links in the siggy lines of members' forum posts. For example, if you look at the bottom of my post here, click on See my z Becky Brown purse. It will take you to my gallery.
  • If you'd like to see someone's gallery and you know their SCS name then use this address to go directly to their gallery http://splitcoaststampers.com/go/username. Substitute username with the SCS name. For my gallery it would be http://splitcoaststampers.com/go/consuelo.
Hope that helps someone.
Old 10-04-2005, 07:22 AM   #1542
Stazon Splitcoast

hey, maybe we should start a new thread "how to use the gallery if you're not a fan club member" maybe people would read that one.
Old 10-04-2005, 07:23 AM   #1543
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by JulieHRR
Espero que entiendan, pero creo que nuestras esfuerzas son inútiles . . .
Lamentablemente (Ha! I love using this long word. It makes me SO sound like I know what I'm sayin'.) creo que tienes razon.

Quote:

El placer va ser mio. Cuando nos vemos, espera un abraso muuuuuuuuy fuerte.
Old 10-04-2005, 07:46 AM   #1544
Glitter Queen

Default HELP

I think paying is great. I paid about 1 1/2 weeks ago. I still can't get in the gallery. When will I be able to get in????
I want the people to get paid. Just let me in the gallery.

Happytostampallday.
Old 10-04-2005, 07:53 AM   #1545
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by happytostampallday
I think paying is great. I paid about 1 1/2 weeks ago. I still can't get in the gallery. When will I be able to get in????
I want the people to get paid. Just let me in the gallery.

Happytostampallday.
HappytoStamp, are you logged in? If you're not, that could be why you're not able to get into the gallery.
Old 10-04-2005, 08:10 AM   #1546
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Quote:

Lamentablemente (Ha! I love using this long word. It makes me SO sound like I know what I'm sayin'.) creo que tienes razon.

Igualmente!
Old 10-04-2005, 08:10 AM   #1547
Gallery Gazer

Default Yes!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ddphelps
hey, maybe we should start a new thread "how to use the gallery if you're not a fan club member" maybe people would read that one.
I think this is a great idea...I'd gladly bump it a couple times to keep it on top unless a kind moderator would STICKY it for us...Hey JulieHRR...wanna step up to the plate???? You are so good at being sweet and detailed!
Old 10-04-2005, 08:14 AM   #1548
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by StampinChrissylea
I think this is a great idea...I'd gladly bump it a couple times to keep it on top
Here's already a great thread along those lines.
http://forums.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90680&goto=newpost

Check it out!
Old 10-04-2005, 08:27 AM   #1549
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Quote:

Originally Posted by StampinChrissylea
I think this is a great idea...I'd gladly bump it a couple times to keep it on top unless a kind moderator would STICKY it for us...Hey JulieHRR...wanna step up to the plate???? You are so good at being sweet and detailed!

ROTFLMAO!!!! Sweet I am not. Excruciatingly detailed, alas, to a fault and the boredom of the masses . . .

While I LOVE the idea of a sticky, I've learned folks seem to ignore the stickies!!!! WHY, I do not understand, but, fact remains.

But, I will keep bumpin' the thread Consuelo mentioned, and mebbe try another similar post in other forums to see if we can get their attention, eh?

We'll all be bumpin' maniacs . . . giggle!
Old 10-04-2005, 08:43 AM   #1550
Kookie Creator

Default scs

This seems to be an active group. Can someone tell me if the gallery database is down or is it just me? I at least was able to get to the galleries this a.m., but now I can't get to anything other than forums?
Thanks,
Hope
Old 10-04-2005, 08:46 AM   #1551
Kookie Creator

BTW I am a Fan Club Member too, so that should not be my problem.
Old 10-04-2005, 08:50 AM   #1552
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

ROTFLMAO!!!! Sweet I am not. Excruciatingly detailed, alas, to a fault and the boredom of the masses . . .

While I LOVE the idea of a sticky, I've learned folks seem to ignore the stickies!!!! WHY, I do not understand, but, fact remains.

But, I will keep bumpin' the thread Consuelo mentioned, and mebbe try another similar post in other forums to see if we can get their attention, eh?

We'll all be bumpin' maniacs . . . giggle!
Bowing to the queen of detailed, no boredom here as I'm the princess of detail. Some call that OCD and medicate for it...HAH!!

I've bumped the thread Senora Consuelo mentioned and will continue to do so.

Forever your faithful stamping fan, Chrissy
Old 10-04-2005, 08:52 AM   #1553
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by hconerly
This seems to be an active group. Can someone tell me if the gallery database is down or is it just me? I at least was able to get to the galleries this a.m., but now I can't get to anything other than forums?
Thanks,
Hope
The gallery is down right now. Hang in there - lotsa work being done in there!
Old 10-04-2005, 08:52 AM   #1554
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by hconerly
BTW I am a Fan Club Member too, so that should not be my problem.
Having trouble here as well, check out a thread in the site suggestions..I think there is a roadblock in the construction zone today. Guess we'll have to make some new friends in the forum. Or stamp?
Old 10-04-2005, 08:54 AM   #1555
Postapalooza Mama

Quote:

Thanks for the comic relief, Consuelo!

Old 10-04-2005, 08:56 AM   #1556
Kookie Creator

Ok, at least it isn't me! Thanks for the update. If I was at home and not at work (bummer) I would be stamping for sure!
Old 10-04-2005, 10:22 AM   #1557

Quote:

Bien dicho!!!!! Espero que entiendan, pero creo que nuestras esfuerzas son inútiles . . .
and ...

Quote:

and ...
Quote:

Igualmente!
OK ... in French I might stand a chance ... but they don't teach a lot of Spanish up here ...
Could you please translate this for me? It sounds like it would make me smile!
Old 10-04-2005, 10:26 AM   #1558
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Consuelo!!! I'm dying laughing!!!! Ha Ha ha!!!

Well said!!!!! I think they'll understand, but I think our efforts are futile...

And, it is obvious that it's been a looooooong time that I don't speak Spanish...

I can't wait to meet you in Portland, friend!
Old 10-04-2005, 10:29 AM   #1559
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Sadly (Ja, me gusta usar esta palabra larga. Suena como caca.) I think you have a point.

The pleasure will be mine. When I see you, expect a verrrrrry strong hug.
Old 10-04-2005, 10:30 AM   #1560
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Igualmente!
Same here!
Closed Thread