Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2005, 12:38 PM   #1441
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laurel
Okay, we can't keep beating this horse........Yes! it's temporary and all the other stuff that is said in the ORIGINAL POST!!!
I am just amazed at how many people think they are owed this privilege! Please, enlighten me. Do you just walk around your streets and people give you handouts? Do you walk down your grocery aisles and take what you want without paying? Someone even mentioned that SU! should financially support this website because it's mostly their product anyway--what?! If you want that, go to www.stampinup.com. You will find the Stampers' Showcase and Stampin' Discuss. It is TOTALLY FREE to demonstrators. And, let's see.......someone thinks Daven should disclose how many people are paying members of the gallery. Do you want his W-2 as well? Maybe you could check to see if he is paying all his taxes. Give me a break.
Well said! I haven't paid yet because my DH just lost his job, but as soon as he gets another one I will be paying. I love this site and hate to see how some people are acting about it. It is not free to those who have so graciously allowed us access to it.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 10-02-2005, 01:03 PM   #1442
Embossing Fanatic

I'm sad. This was a good source for inspiration. As a Stampin' Up! demo, I have access to lots of other FREE sources. Perhaps you should look at limiting the size of the files downloaded. That would save a lot of space on the server. I know its expensive to run and maintain a website. I hope you are able to work things out and go back to free access. I guess I will check back in a month.
Old 10-02-2005, 01:05 PM   #1443
Cardstock Collector

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sereikastamper
Pam if you type the set name into the search feature you can atleast search and look that way!

Thanks, didn't even realize I could do that. Told you I don't spend much time here!!! Wish I had more time to spend here though, as there are so many cute ideas.

Thanks again

Pam
Old 10-02-2005, 01:10 PM   #1444
Matboard Maniac

Cool I hate change...lol

I would like to see information posted about how many fan club members there actually are...
Old 10-02-2005, 03:04 PM   #1445
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by cantwait2stamp
I think it is sad that you feel the need to charge people to post and share their ideas. One of the best features of this site was that it provided a place where stampers could touch other stampers with their creations. What you have decided to do by making it a members only site is nothing short of capitalalistic and its sad. I doubt I will be visiting your site in the future if you truely subscribe to the notion that there is no such thing as a free lunch. Maybe instead of collecting fees you should concentrate on a better marketing strategy for choosing your ad companies.
This was kinda harsh don't you think? Daven and Tracy are not making money off us. They are just asking us to keep the site going since we are the ones using it.
Old 10-02-2005, 03:10 PM   #1446
Compulsive Stamper

I have to say that when I logged on and found out that I could not access the Gallery or SUB.. I was upset (angry, actually).. I have read all the posts here .. and I totally understand how much time is spent to keep this site up and running.. I also know how frustrating it can be when you log on and it is incredibly slow.. I think the donation is a great idea.. You guys do an incredible job and I would so miss this site if I could not access it. I am now a Fan Club member!! Thank-you and keep up the awesome job.
Old 10-02-2005, 03:40 PM   #1447
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Julie1066
Perhaps you should look at limiting the size of the files downloaded. That would save a lot of space on the server.
There is a limit. Isn't there??
Old 10-02-2005, 04:00 PM   #1448
Die Cut Diva

Default paying a fee

Wow, i have been a non-paying surfer of this site, I joined in October 2004, I have made 32 posts and uploaded 17 cards, well actually a friend uploaded all but 7 of them, a few days ago I finally uploaded for the first time (7 cards). I can probably count on my hands and feetsies the number of times I have been here. I enjoy the site but life is busy and I am not "addicted". I enjoy coming to look at the cards, unfortunaltely I will not be one that pays to come here. I dont come here to look for ideas, I just like to sit and look at the amazing creations and go "wow".

Now this may sound stupid, but you can go in a book store and look all you want, they even have couches and chairs so you can sit...and not buy...that is what made this site great to me. It was like my own little book store and I could do it in my jammies... I hate that I will no longer be able to do that. Thanks to all who shared there brilliant creations!!! I WILL MISS THEM
Old 10-02-2005, 04:16 PM   #1449
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by cantwait2stamp
I think it is sad that you feel the need to charge people to post and share their ideas. One of the best features of this site was that it provided a place where stampers could touch other stampers with their creations. What you have decided to do by making it a members only site is nothing short of capitalalistic and its sad. I doubt I will be visiting your site in the future if you truely subscribe to the notion that there is no such thing as a free lunch. Maybe instead of collecting fees you should concentrate on a better marketing strategy for choosing your ad companies.
I can't believe you said this! Maybe instead of posting this ONE POST, your only contribution ever to SCS, you should surf the net finding something for nothing. We are just a nothing for nothing........or, at least, that is what you believe according to your ONLY POST ever here on SCS. If you had read the originally post, which obviously you didn't, you would see that they are not making this a members only website, THEREFORE, they are NOT capitalistic. Since you think you are no longer able to use this site for free, make yourself useful and "concentrate on a better marketing strategy for choosing ad companies". Get back to us when you have a plan.

Next time consider having your facts before you throw out such awful accusations. How horrible of you.
Old 10-02-2005, 04:17 PM   #1450
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by badmom66666
Now this may sound stupid, but you can go in a book store and look all you want, they even have couches and chairs so you can sit...and not buy...that is what made this site great to me. It was like my own little book store and I could do it in my jammies... I hate that I will no longer be able to do that. Thanks to all who shared there brilliant creations!!! I WILL MISS THEM
You really don't have to miss anything! You can still view the galleries through member galleries and technique galleries and I think you can even still see "today's additions" from the home page (someone please correct me if I'm wrong on that one). This is just a temporary detour while upgrades are being done. In about a month everything will be back to normal except that the gallery will work better and be faster. You are still welcome to peruse for free in your jammies!

Please re-read the original post. I know many people have misunderstood at first.

Old 10-02-2005, 04:20 PM   #1451
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Wow, i have been a non-paying surfer of this site, I joined in October 2004, I have made 32 posts and uploaded 17 cards, well actually a friend uploaded all but 7 of them, a few days ago I finally uploaded for the first time (7 cards). I can probably count on my hands and feetsies the number of times I have been here. I enjoy the site but life is busy and I am not "addicted". I enjoy coming to look at the cards, unfortunaltely I will not be one that pays to come here. I dont come here to look for ideas, I just like to sit and look at the amazing creations and go "wow".

You can still sit and look and say "wow" for free! Just go to the Member Galleries and surf around. If you want to look at something in particular, just type it into the search bar! When the upgrades are complete (Daven is shooting for the end of the month) then all of the restrictions will be removed and SCS will go back to the way it was -- minus the painfully slow page loads, of course!

My Stampin' Up! blog
"I'm a time traveler -- I point and laugh at archaeologists." 10th Doctor, "Silence in the Library"
Old 10-02-2005, 04:20 PM   #1452
Stazon Splitcoast

I would like to remind everyone to allow others their opinions...HOWEVER...should you feel the need to make ugly comments, please refrain....and refer to our Terms Of Service!
Old 10-02-2005, 04:26 PM   #1453
Die Cut Diva

Default gallery for paid members only

COOL, thanks for clearing that up, now I can sit in the buff, lol and who knows, maybe one day I will join and be a full fledged member.
Old 10-02-2005, 04:35 PM   #1454
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Julie1066
I'm sad. This was a good source for inspiration. As a Stampin' Up! demo, I have access to lots of other FREE sources. Perhaps you should look at limiting the size of the files downloaded. That would save a lot of space on the server. I know its expensive to run and maintain a website. I hope you are able to work things out and go back to free access. I guess I will check back in a month.
I hope this quote from Daven helps clear up the issue of space on the server.

Quote:

from Daven(splitcoaststampers)
What if we trimmed down the number of uploads or restricted uploads in some way?
Uploads and file size are not contributing in a meaningful way to the performance issues that we're experiencing in the gallery. We will probably never need to place limits on the amount of items you upload.

Old 10-02-2005, 04:51 PM   #1455
Rubber Obsessor

Thumbs up Great Idea

I think it is a fine idea. I became a paid member this spring, not to take part in member area only, but I felt it was a small price to pay for the "GREATEST" site.

Yes, as a SU demo I have many places to find free info, but in the past year the only place I visit is SCS and on occasion SU's Stampers Showcase. But when I need up to date samples and ideas SCS is the place to go. It is a real time saver, I no longer spend endless time searching sites for information.

I will support you in what ever decision you make, as in the past you have always had our best interest in mind.

Stampingly,
Patsy Waggoner
Old 10-02-2005, 04:58 PM   #1456
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

COOL, thanks for clearing that up, now I can sit in the buff, lol and who knows, maybe one day I will join and be a full fledged member.
Whoa, don't go TOOO crazy there!

My Stampin' Up! blog
"I'm a time traveler -- I point and laugh at archaeologists." 10th Doctor, "Silence in the Library"
Old 10-02-2005, 05:05 PM   #1457
Hardware Hotshot

OKAY, I'm back, last night I was so frustrated I said I wasn't
going to post about this topic anymore....never say never.

I've been lurking and reading and have a question or two.
Even though I'm still very upset that the RICH get to VIEW artwork
and those of us who can't afford to pay can't view it -- -

I keep reading something that pops up.....things like "I've been a paid
member for sometime" or "I paid long ago" Am I reading this correctly??
Can someone explain? So even before OCT 1st - - people paid to come to this site? Or be a member of some "CLICKIE CLUB"?? I've read things about the DIRTY DOZEN and other groups--do you have to pay to be a part of these groups? That's my point about being too much like High School...to clickie -- you're either in or your not.

And I agree with the person who said we can go into bookstores and sit on comfy chairs and sofas and read a book -heck I do that all the time at Barnes and Noble - especially craft magazines....I'll sit for 5 minutes and check it out to make sure I WANT TO PAY FOR IT !! And no one charges me anything !!

I'm still very disappointed in this decision, I'm sadden that those of us who can't afford the payment even if it's for 6 months 1/2 price (see that's what I mean.....IF THIS IS ONLY FOR A MONTH - - - then why even charge for SIX MONTHS??? You say it's only for October - - then why are people paying for an entire year or even SIX MONTHS!!

It's truly for the RICH and not those of us on a budget or that refuse to pay to view wonderful artwork. I'm just getting started in my SU business and the artwork was THE BEST on the WWW and now I have nothing to look at.

JMHO

Judy
Old 10-02-2005, 05:05 PM   #1458
PAPER SCAPER

Quote:

Hey, you are a full fledged member! Just because you can't swing the Fan Club membership fee right now that doesn't make you any less a member of SCS. You just remember that you're as important here as anyone else.
Besides you're from Michgian! Oh and if you ever win the lottery, remember I was nice to you once! I just can't help but act a little silly when I see a nice comeback on this thread!
Enjoy your visit no matter how you're dressed!

I had to edit because I spelled visit - vist.
Old 10-02-2005, 05:11 PM   #1459
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by sharingmyartwork49

Can someone explain? So even before OCT 1st - - people paid to come to this site? Or be a member of some "CLICKIE CLUB"?? I've read things about the DIRTY DOZEN and other groups--do you have to pay to be a part of these groups? That's my point about being too much like High School...to clickie -- you're either in or your not.

And I agree with the person who said we can go into bookstores and sit on comfy chairs and sofas and read a book -heck I do that all the time at Barnes and Noble - especially craft magazines....I'll sit for 5 minutes and check it out to make sure I WANT TO PAY FOR IT !! And no one charges me anything !!

I'm still very disappointed in this decision, I'm sadden that those of us who can't afford the payment even if it's for 6 months 1/2 price (see that's what I mean.....IF THIS IS ONLY FOR A MONTH - - - then why even charge for SIX MONTHS??? You say it's only for October - - then why are people paying for an entire year or even SIX MONTHS!!

It's truly for the RICH and not those of us on a budget or that refuse to pay to view wonderful artwork. I'm just getting started in my SU business and the artwork was THE BEST on the WWW and now I have nothing to look at.

JMHO

Judy

Have you been to the gallery yet this weekend? It's all still there, and with the exception of uploading (TEMPORARILY while they're upgrading), it's all still FREE! Just click on the Member Galleries, and if you want to find a particular stamp set all you have to do is type it into the search bar!

The Dirty Dozen Gallery is a thank-you to those who make a donation to help keep SCS up and running. The amount of bandwidth a website this size uses sure don't come cheap! Viewing this little section of the gallery is the only real perk of being in the Fan Club, and some members don't even look at it -- they just wanted to support SCS!

Daven promised us that all of the restrictions will be removed as soon as the upgrades are complete, so here's hoping things can be completed ahead of schedule!

My Stampin' Up! blog

Last edited by row4d; 10-02-2005 at 05:15 PM..
Old 10-02-2005, 05:16 PM   #1460
Stazon Splitcoast

Judy I would like to help you out here.
SCS is not going to be a fee site. A while back they came up with the idea to give a little 'Thank You' to folks who voluntarily doanted $20 a year now it is $25 a year to help the site/community. The Dirty Dozen gallery was the Thanks for donating special available to those who contributed. Everything else was/is free to all. You will continue to have access to all of the forums and to the gallery, members gallery and techniques gallery. You will still be able to search the gallery and view it. Uploads will be temporarily restricted to those who have chosen to pay/donate to the community of SCS. In about a month the gallery will be back better/faster than before and free to all like it has been up to this point. No one has to pay to be a part of SCS. You may do so if you wish to. There will still be a ton of wonderful things to see in the gallery everyday and great forums for posting and learning.

Quote:

JMHO

Judy

Old 10-02-2005, 05:36 PM   #1461
Stazon Splitcoast

Default gallery for paid members

sharingmyartwork49 this is for YOU! Happy to see you had a place to vent your complaint FOR FREE!!!!!!!!!! Sorry you have the opinion you do. This site is awesome as YOU know! Thank goodness SCS has been here for YOU FOR FREE all this time!! Don't spew your anger and try to say it is about money!!!!!!!! IT IS NOT!!!! This is my first post to this thread YOU really need to check yourself. I think what you want is a Free ride, so sorry this is 2005! Nothing great in life is FREE!!!
I support this site for so many reasons and TOTALLY feel it should be a paid site!
Old 10-02-2005, 05:39 PM   #1462
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

JMHO

Judy
Judy,

Just to help clarify some of your questions...Sometime last year...around June or July of 2004 if I remember correctly people began making donations to SCS to help with the cost of needed upgrades. People did this voluntarily because they LOVED SCS and wanted to help out. After people started donating, The Fan Club or Dirty Dozen Gallery was created as a "thank you gift" (like when you make a donation to PBS and get gift during a pledge drive). The Dirty Dozen is a group of 12 very talented stampers (gals spend 6 months in the DD and then rotate out) who donate tons of their time to come up with awesome creations for that special "thank you" gallery. By no mean is it in any way a clique or "high school - ish". You can pay $24.95 for a one year Fan Club membership or $14.95 for a six month membership or you can choose to pay nothing at all. The choice is completely yours. If you choose to pay nothing you can still continue to view all the artwork here, but may have to go in a different way to view.

I'm truly sorry that you are so upset about this. It is a temporary situation that will make SCS much better for everyone in the long run!

Old 10-02-2005, 05:44 PM   #1463
Stazon Splitcoast

Wow Judy! Don't you get that the gallery needs to be fixed??

Quote:

JMHO

Judy
Old 10-02-2005, 05:46 PM   #1464
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampincuzILuv2
sharingmyartwork49 this is for YOU! Happy to see you had a place to vent your complaint FOR FREE!!!!!!!!!! Sorry you have the opinion you do. This site is awesome as YOU know! Thank goodness SCS has been here for YOU FOR FREE all this time!! Don't spew your anger and try to say it is about money!!!!!!!! IT IS NOT!!!! This is my first post to this thread YOU really need to check yourself. I think what you want is a Free ride, so sorry this is 2005! Nothing great in life is FREE!!!
I support this site for so many reasons and TOTALLY feel it should be a paid site!
You have no idea what you're talking about.
I DO NOT WANT A FREE RIDE and I'm appauled that
you would even say that. I should've stayed away
from this topic as I said I was going to last night.

You have no idea about me, my life, my situation.
I've been on the internet for 10 years now and never
ever had to pay to view artwork. And if this was
another site doing this, my feelings and my checkbook
would still be the same.

You think I want a free ride? Well, you're dead wrong.

I'm done talking about this.....your post really topped it.

I apologize to the owners/moderators and all of posters
in this thread ---except you. You have no idea how you
just hurt me and embarassed me.

To the owners - I will sit and wait for November.....I want
to thank you for the forums where as a new SU DEMO
I've learned so much as far as the business end.

THANK YOU
Old 10-02-2005, 05:49 PM   #1465
Stazon Splitcoast

Hang in there Judy, I would hate to see you leave or have hurt feelings over this. We all hope that the gallery is fixed fast and soon then we can get back to 'normal' around here. I hope that you had a chnace to read some posts that were put here to help answer some of your questions. If there is anything that we could help you with just let us know.

Dorinda

Old 10-02-2005, 06:05 PM   #1466
Die Cut Diva

Cool gallery for paid members only

There are a lot of great caring people in here,their willingness to help anyone does not go unseen, nor do their words of encouragement.

Not only do I view the site in my jammies...on a lighter note, I would like to share my motto:

A good man is hard to find but a hard man is good to find!
Old 10-02-2005, 06:30 PM   #1467
Stazon Splitcoast

Default gallery paid

So sorry sharingmyartwork49..I reacted to your post! I guess this topic is to close to my skin, I am sorry if your feelings were hurt never my intention...I just don't get the have and have not's thing. So when I read your post I thought NO WAY!!! this is not what is going on! I to apologize to all the splitcoast team in noway am I trying to cause trouble!!
All is good in stamp land
Hugs
Dee
Old 10-02-2005, 06:46 PM   #1468
Glitter Queen

Default Gallery/Membership Options

If the fee wasn't too much, I wouldn't mind paying. This gallery is a valuable tool to me as a demonstrator and there's not much more in life that's FREE is there?
Old 10-02-2005, 07:03 PM   #1469
Insane Embellisher

Wow what a difficult choice you had to make. I guess my first thoughts are you have to do what you have to do. My wish is that it would remain free. I will however will be becoming a member. I truly enjoy the ideas and fellowship it brings. I would like to say I realize that times for downloads are at times slow but they are still downloadable. So to me whats the big deal you still have access. Just my thoughts..

I appreciate all that you and your staff do to make this site available to us. Your countless hours are truly appreciated.

Take care and have a Blessed day.
Tammy
A faithful friend is the medicine of Life. Ecc 6:16
Old 10-02-2005, 08:06 PM   #1470
Kookie Creator

Send a message via Skype™ to stampindena
Default Membership

My only thought here is just like anything else that is started, what's to say that when you get a lot of people to pay their memberships that things won't go back to being over loaded and slow? It may take awhile for that to happen, but isn't that possible??

Thanks,
Dena
Old 10-02-2005, 08:18 PM   #1471
Mad Swapper

Default Give Me a Break.

Quote:

You have no idea how you
just hurt me and embarassed me.
Don't you realize, that by repeating in ALL CAPS that this site is for the RICH; by calling it CLICKIE, and comparing it to HIGH SCHOOL, you have hurt many of the SCS members who support and LOVE this site? It seems the only feelings YOU care about are YOUR OWN! You can't expect to post such inflammatory remarks and not get a few heated replies.

My Little Blog . . .
Old 10-02-2005, 08:44 PM   #1472
Pearl-ExPert

Arrow one easy step =)

Here is *1* easy step to find sets during construction time, starting in the Gallery Homepage.
  1. Type the set name (or a keyword, theme, technique, etc.!) in the Search box, which is found up at the top, right, like so:
  2. Click go
  3. Enjoy the search results!

Want to join the SCS Fan Club?

Last edited by avonlea; 10-02-2005 at 08:44 PM.. Reason: pic
Old 10-02-2005, 10:00 PM   #1473
Matboard Maniac

I'm willing to pay up, but I hope it hurries

I have been away for 2 weeks since my daughter had an emergency c-section. I was unable to get on using her computer and in all the medical complications there were to deal with. I have a party to put together for next Sunday afternoon and since I am just totally fogged out emotionally with all our family has been through, I thought I know! I'll find some great fall and holiday ideas on SCS. Well, I don't think so. I am so desparate I just joined. I've got to say I was royally bummed. AND I hope my fan club membership is processed as quickly as Susan's because I am desparate.

I understand I guess, but I am pretty crabby about it tonight when I'm in dire straights.

I must not have been looking around the site very carefully either, because I never realized there was a paid piece to it.
Old 10-02-2005, 10:08 PM   #1474
Stazon Splitcoast

Artha I am gonna quote Jami on this one, it explains a lot. You don't have to pay or join. You could still have access to the gallery just by way of detour while they fix things.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jami
You really don't have to miss anything! You can still view the galleries through member galleries and technique galleries and I think you can even still see "today's additions" from the home page (someone please correct me if I'm wrong on that one). This is just a temporary detour while upgrades are being done. In about a month everything will be back to normal except that the gallery will work better and be faster. You are still welcome to peruse for free in your jammies!

Please re-read the original post. I know many people have misunderstood at first.

Old 10-02-2005, 10:12 PM   #1475
Stazon Splitcoast

Here is another excellent explanation that really is worth reading.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JulieHRR
I doubt this post will get much notice, considering how large this thread has grown, but, should anyone take the time to read it, here goes:

A. If one really reads the home-page announcement Daven made, it does explain that this change is temporary, not permanent.

B. This temporary change is to re-route and balance the flow of traffic to the galleries. Why? Well, those who have actually donated to support the site, most certainly should receive reasonably rapid access to all the galleries, in all it's conceivable configurations, 24/7--not at 2 am their time, hoping the other half of the country is asleep.

It is not unreasonable to want to offer a quality experience to someone that has graciously donated/committed monetarily their support, wouldn't you agree? Until the situation is remedied for all, including non-Fan Club Members?

C. The site itself, including all but the DD/Fan Club Galleries, forums, tutorials, will continue to be offered free to anybody and everybody, as this has ALWAYS been Daven's philosophy and vision with regards to SCS; however, non-Fan Club members will temporarily have access to the galleries only via Member and Technique Galleries; they can still see everything within those galleries, but, for a while, will have to use the Search Engine to find things by set or whatever other specific they are seeking. And, yes, in an effort to reduce that traffic, uploads for non-Fan Club members are also being temporarily shut down. Storage isn't the issue. Again, it is *traffic*.

This is a temporary solution to a difficult problem that is getting worse!

When changes have been implemented to restore speed for all gallery routes/traffic, that restriction WILL be modified! And, yes it does take money and time to install such changes--essentially large parts of the gallery need to be dismantled and RE-BUILT! And, yes, by people who have to be paid for their expertise to handle some of that-- and that comes in addition to all the other time consuming tasks associated with running the site as it is, and on top of the full-time paying "job". And, my friends, time-consuming is an understatement. Believe me, if all it took was flippin' a switch, that would have been done.

Now, if I (speaking figuratively) haven't been able or cannot currently afford to donate to support the site and become a Fan Club member, it's all OK! Look at all there is currently available to EVERYBODY free of charge and always will be, because that's the driving philosophy behind this particular site!!! Altho not through *every* configuration, there will STILL be access to the galleries, access to ALL the forums, access to all the fantabulous Techniques Tutorials!!! Phenomenal. It's like a temporary detour, if you will.

And, if and when I can donate, what a fabulous "thank-you gift" that DD/Fan Club Gallery is, for a comprehensive site that has already given me so very much, and has never "demanded" anything back in return.

This is the issue at hand, at the moment:

Fan Club Members donate to support the site. Gallery performance is worse than dismal due to ALL the traffic. Therefore, the quality gallery service they paid to support is a moot point. Now, granted, it is NOT "THE" only reason they support the site, but, it is most definitely one of most glorious and beneficial aspects of the site, and it is currently rendered useless to many, Fan Clubbers and Non-Fan Clubbers alike, due to unbelievably high traffic. This is, however, most certainly frustrating to any Fan Clubber, who, albeit in simplistic terms, essentially "can't effectively use what they have paid for." I think any consumer, in any situation, would be frustrated by this.

And, after considering ALL the possible options, none of which were, from Daven's perspective, "desirable", this option was the least "un-desirable". And, he wanted to make sure EVERYBODY was aware of WHY the temporary change was being put into effect, that your feedback is important to him, and there are no "easy, or pat, or permanent" answers to this situation as SCS continues to grow and evolve.

Did he agonize over this decision? Mark my words, he did indeed.

Absolutely no one is excluded from this site because they cannot afford to donate or choose not to donate.

Old 10-02-2005, 10:14 PM   #1476
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by artha
I have been away for 2 weeks since my daughter had an emergency c-section. I was unable to get on using her computer and in all the medical complications there were to deal with. I have a party to put together for next Sunday afternoon and since I am just totally fogged out emotionally with all our family has been through, I thought I know! I'll find some great fall and holiday ideas on SCS. Well, I don't think so. I am so desparate I just joined. I've got to say I was royally bummed. AND I hope my fan club membership is processed as quickly as Susan's because I am desparate.

I understand I guess, but I am pretty crabby about it tonight when I'm in dire straights.

I must not have been looking around the site very carefully either, because I never realized there was a paid piece to it.
I totally understand the drain of an emergency like that. Why don't you go into the Demo Forum and post a thread explaining your situation and asking for help. Maybe list some of the sets you have and would like to use. I'm sure a bunch of demos would help search out cards for you to use for your workshop.

Old 10-02-2005, 10:22 PM   #1477
Stazon Splitcoast

Honestly, I never imaged this discussion would get so emotional. I figured there would be a few moans and groans, but not quite like this. It's a temporary thing.

It just goes to show Daven what a wonderful little environment he has created here that so many people have come to rely on. Daven spoils us with his selflessness.
Old 10-03-2005, 03:54 AM   #1478
Cardstock Collector

Talking mad at first

I was mad at first.Then I thought about how much money I spend on idea books ect. each year.Most of them end up packed away.I always come here for ideas.Since I spend so much on this hobby it is worth every penny of the 24.95.I buy lots more from Stampin up because of this site.I think this will be for the good of SCS in the long run.
Old 10-03-2005, 04:36 AM   #1479
Glitter Queen

I think this is a great idea! You've been providing a free service to many for a very long time. Your fan club fee is very inexpensive and definitely worth the cost. We pay subscriptions for magazines, for our own internet connections, and so much more.

Keep up the good work! I'll pay for access to your site anytime because of the great service you provide!
Old 10-03-2005, 05:51 AM   #1480
Rubber Obsessor

Red face My 2 cents

I totally understand why it had to be done, but I'm not in a position to be able to pay. I don't subscribe to mags and don't get to buy anything new. I liked coming in and seeing the new ideas from everybody. I wish I could join, but I really can't afford it. I'll miss this site, I've become addicted. I hope to be able to afford to join in the future.
Closed Thread