Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2005, 07:58 PM   #1401
Inking Addict

Reaction

I think it is sad that you feel the need to charge people to post and share their ideas. One of the best features of this site was that it provided a place where stampers could touch other stampers with their creations. What you have decided to do by making it a members only site is nothing short of capitalalistic and its sad. I doubt I will be visiting your site in the future if you truely subscribe to the notion that there is no such thing as a free lunch. Maybe instead of collecting fees you should concentrate on a better marketing strategy for choosing your ad companies.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 10-01-2005, 08:07 PM   #1402
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by cantwait2stamp
I think it is sad that you feel the need to charge people to post and share their ideas. One of the best features of this site was that it provided a place where stampers could touch other stampers with their creations. What you have decided to do by making it a members only site is nothing short of capitalalistic and its sad. I doubt I will be visiting your site in the future if you truely subscribe to the notion that there is no such thing as a free lunch. Maybe instead of collecting fees you should concentrate on a better marketing strategy for choosing your ad companies.
You are sadly mis informed. It is not a fee based site. They are doing some construction in the gallery. Portions of the gallery are Temporarily restricted until the construction is completed and then it will be free access to all again. PLEASE GO BACK and READ the ORIGINAL POST or any post by JulieHRR for accurate information as to what is really going on.

Old 10-01-2005, 08:09 PM   #1403
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by basketballmom
You can still see the gallery. You should be able to see it now.

The changes are TEMPORARY. For one month. You can still see the gallery (on those infrequent times when you do). After the upgrade, the gallery will be faster and better.

If you don't want to spend the $24.95 to be part of the Fan Club ... fine. It's OK. We'll still love you. You can still post on the forums.

Remember ... the key words here are TEMPORARY and OPTIONAL.

Yes!!! this says it all and very well. Thanks!

Old 10-01-2005, 08:11 PM   #1404
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

original post by JulieHRR

What is going on with the gallery?
Our gallery servers CANNOT handle the tremendous flow of traffic from unregistered visitors, Fan Club members, and non-Fan Club members alike. The gallery is therefore rendered useless to everybody.

Why is gallery access going to change in October?
SCS wishes to make sure FC Members that have paid to support the site receive a quality gallery experience. Why? Because without their support, this site would cease to exist!!!

Daven has no "desirable" options. It just is what it is: too much traffic for the servers to handle. WITHOUT A MAJOR OVERHAUL, WE WILL ALL LOSE THE GALLERY ENTIRELY. IT IS ALREADY LIMPING VERY BADLY!!!!

So, TEMPORARILY, until quality gallery speed can be restored for EVERYBODY that uses this site, he is going to restrict the flow to the galleries for Non FC Members to 2 routes: Member Galleries and Techniques Galleries, and no uploads.

WHY? Because the % of SCS users that are FC Members is relatively small in comparison to Non FC Members. This means: Non-FC Members are the BULK of the heavy traffic.

What is this Fan Club you speak of constantly?
Check out the Fan Club page for more information.

The only EXTRA perk FC Members have at this site is a special gallery called the Dirty Dozen/Fan Club Gallery. It is a thank-you gift to them for supporting the site. It's not "the reason" they donate.

How much is the Fan Club subscription?
- $14.95/6 months
- $24.95/12 months

Why not get more/bigger ads to cover the cost of the beefier servers needed?
The ads running through here do not cover all the expenditures, and this is why support from our members is so much appreciated to help defray the costs that income from the ads do not cover.

How long will this last?
Daven is anticipating a ONE MONTH restricted access to the galleries for Non FC folks who access the site.

Restricted access means that if you are not a Fan Club member,
- you will have the forums
- you will have your member gallery
- you will have your favorites
- you will still see the tutorials and the resource gallery
- you will be able to search by set
- you will not be able to upload *while improvements are made*
- you will not see the A-Z gallery listings *while improvements are made*

EVERYBODY will be able to share their creations and to see ALL the A-Z galleries, etc. via EVERY route after these improvements are made.

this should enlighten all of you who are still confused and misinformed.

Old 10-01-2005, 09:29 PM   #1405
Polyshrink Goddess

Okay, we can't keep beating this horse........Yes! it's temporary and all the other stuff that is said in the ORIGINAL POST!!!
I am just amazed at how many people think they are owed this privilege! Please, enlighten me. Do you just walk around your streets and people give you handouts? Do you walk down your grocery aisles and take what you want without paying? Someone even mentioned that SU! should financially support this website because it's mostly their product anyway--what?! If you want that, go to www.stampinup.com. You will find the Stampers' Showcase and Stampin' Discuss. It is TOTALLY FREE to demonstrators. And, let's see.......someone thinks Daven should disclose how many people are paying members of the gallery. Do you want his W-2 as well? Maybe you could check to see if he is paying all his taxes. Give me a break.
Old 10-01-2005, 10:45 PM   #1406
Embossing Fanatic

Post Amazed you've done it so long - count me a new FC membr

I am one of those who are absolutely amazed you've been able to keep it free this long. I've been in the technology world practically since there was technology (mid 60's) and understand how HUGE the effort and cost is to support a site this comprehensive with this much traffic. I've read a good share of the posts and almost all of them agree that this site provides an incredible wealth of information and idea creativity.

The gallery is simply the major reason (although certainly not the only) I visit as often as I do. Though I, too, would hate to see anyone stop visiting/uploading because of the fee, I don't believe we'd miss their creativity as much as we'd miss this site, or even speedy and stable access to this site.

I was not a fan club member because, to be honest, I hadn't been in the site deep enough or thoroughly enough to even explore the possibility. I've enjoyed my free ride (though I really couldn't understand how you did it!!) but will absolutely pay for the priviledge of continuing to have access, and especially enhanced (access speed, stability) access.

And for those of you thinking you will only go where you can go for free, by all means let us know where you can get this much info, ideas, on-the-spot technique answers, etc., 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, on YOUR schedule - I certainly don't know of any other place!

I've been one of your fan club, now I'm putting my money where my mouth is! I can't think of a better use of $2.08 a month.
Old 10-01-2005, 10:50 PM   #1407
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by maryp
At the very top of the Home page, on the left side there is a spot to click on that will get you to the info about the Fan Club.
Thanks Mary, I'm in!

Emotions run high and people REACT vs. RESPOND when they don't have all the info they need. Not saying it wasn't provided (and very clearly at that), over and over and over, but I do think that some jumped to conclusions before fully understanding why Daven is doing this, and what will be gained for all of us (even those that choose to wait it out and not pay for membership) after the month passes. He's trying to make it better for all of us!

That said, it seems to be falling on deaf ears. For those of us who support the idea of paying to have full access, great. For those that don't, that's great too! Different strokes for different folks, yanno? I jumped all over that membership thing because in all honesty the mere thought of not having the alpha viewing killed me. My time here is limited and since i'm not familiar with all the wonderful gals by their specific creations, I definitely find the alpha viewing the best way to get around here. Plus now I can view the DDD! How kewl is that? I feel that the cost is nominal, but I'm not ignorant to think that it really could be a stretch for someone else...I am not their judge. But in my experience, if you plan well, you will be surprised to find what you can sacrifice for something else that you really want. And if you really can't then waiting 30 days is not that bad a thing either. I just happen to be an impatient person and have come to depend on the viewing gallery waaaaaaaaaay too much.

And did I mention that I love the access to the DDD? I feel like good just got better! Is it just me, or is anyone else wondering why this thread had to get to 36 pages? It seems pretty clear to me.

JMHO.

Last edited by kamuelamom; 10-01-2005 at 10:53 PM..
Old 10-01-2005, 10:55 PM   #1408
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laurel
Okay, we can't keep beating this horse........Yes! it's temporary and all the other stuff that is said in the ORIGINAL POST!!!
I am just amazed at how many people think they are owed this privilege! Please, enlighten me. Do you just walk around your streets and people give you handouts? Do you walk down your grocery aisles and take what you want without paying? Someone even mentioned that SU! should financially support this website because it's mostly their product anyway--what?! If you want that, go to www.stampinup.com. You will find the Stampers' Showcase and Stampin' Discuss. It is TOTALLY FREE to demonstrators. And, let's see.......someone thinks Daven should disclose how many people are paying members of the gallery. Do you want his W-2 as well? Maybe you could check to see if he is paying all his taxes. Give me a break.
Laurel,
Thank you for saying exactly what I've been thinking!

Sencie
Old 10-02-2005, 12:18 AM   #1409
Cardstock Collector

Thumbs up BEST DEAL IN TOWN

I am in Poland on a short-term mission trip and coudn't get to the Gallery. Talk about cutting off my "life line." I have paid a LOT more for magazine subscriptions that aren't NEARLY AS IMPORTANT to me as "The Gallery." I check daily and find more ideas and helpful hints than I can begin to use. I love the sort features. I am a retired computer analyst. I KNOW how much works goes into a program like this. The search engine is phenomonal. QUIT WHINING. Pay your $24.95 or the half year subscription if you can't afford it and ENJOY. How many of us EVER gets out of craft or scrapbooking store without forking out WAY MORE than $24.95. Thanks guys for doing such a great job. Sorry I didn't sign up before. I just didn't think about it.
Old 10-02-2005, 12:21 AM   #1410
Cardstock Collector

Stampin Up sites with samples are NOTHING like this one. I get a kick out of people saying "I have to pay for my stamps, etc." Yeah nothing in life is FREE and we've enjoyed the BEST website out there [and believe me I've checked] for nothing for quite a while. It's NOT that much money. How many stamp sets cost less than $24.95
Old 10-02-2005, 02:17 AM   #1411
Inking Addict

Thumbs up Just paid

I agree with everyone, this site is wonderful!! I truly think it's a choice each of us has to decide on our own and it's sad to see some of the people getting so upset. I have been meaning to join the fan club for quite awhile and I get lost in the beautiful work everyone does and have forgotten to go back and join. This has just made me rethink is it worth it to me and if so why not join. I can't believe we've been able to get so much info, ideas and friendships for FREE!!! I have certainly paid or joined things I've gotten less for the money! LOL I am one of those artistic challenged people and I would be lost without your ideas, it helps me so much....thanks ladies!!

Daven and Tracey we all love you and this site, keep up the good work, we're behind you and all the others who make this site so GREAT!

I am not as computer savy as several of you and haven't figured out the avatar thing or uploading, but it's okay, it doesn't keep me from coming back. Just one thing I am curious about what is VSN I keep seeing in these posts. I know I should know this but at this moment I'm lost to think of it.

Thanks again SCS team, keep up the good work!
Old 10-02-2005, 03:33 AM   #1412
Kookie Creator

i am a member i sent a check in along time ago, why can't i get into gallery. thankyou lynn parziale
Old 10-02-2005, 04:10 AM   #1413
Matboard Maniac

Wow...this is a shock to me as I logged in last night and this morning and JUST discovered the "deal"... I understand the need...quite NOTHING is free anymore...at least the good stuff isn't ..
So, I go in to pay my 24.95 to get instant access this morning and guess what?? Pay Pal is temporarily down too! 1st SCS and now Pay Pal...I just want to see the gallery I know, I know, PATIENCE is a virtue!! But I'm screaming inside "I want the gallery...I want the gallery...NOW!" ha ha
Old 10-02-2005, 04:14 AM   #1414
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarolinaBird
I'm afraid I won't spend $20 just to see the gallery. I come to view the gallery very infrequently so it wouldn't be worth it to me. I am a new SU Demonstrator and I get my best ideas from my uplines etc. and our team meetings.

I wish there were another solution.
It's only TEMPORARY! If you visit the gallery infrequently anyway I doubt you'll miss much.

ONLY 29 DAYS LEFT PEOPLE!!!
Old 10-02-2005, 05:40 AM   #1415
Polyshrink Goddess

Thumbs up Changes to SCS

This site is the first place I go when I need an idea and therefore, I became I member of the fan club the first time I logged on! Not much in commerce is free, and when it is, it is generally under-valued! I agree with your decision to restrict the gallery to fan club members. This needs to be a "fee-for-service" site. It should be able to pull in enough revenue to continue to survive and thrive! Because I get so many awesome ideas on this site, I have opted not to renew many craft & idea magazines on the market, making it possible for me to easily afford your annual fee. Keep up the amazing work! Your efforts are so appreciated around the world!
Old 10-02-2005, 05:51 AM   #1416
Polyshrink Goddess

Thumbs up And one more thing....

Finally, perhaps many viewers have not been in the corporate dog-eat-dog world to understand how complex and expensive it is to run a site, with servers, programming, access, and the many on line features you provide such as links and purchasing ability. Servers cost thousands of dollars and knowing the technology behind them, and having the ability to sustain a large network, well.....it speaks volumes that this site is the NUMBER ONE stamping site on the planet. You don't get there without spending big bucks.
Old 10-02-2005, 05:57 AM   #1417
Rubber Obsessor

WOW! 143 pages on one subject! What I have noticed reading some of the posts in this thread is that some people are forgetting that this is only temporary. I've seen quite a few posts reminding that point but it is still being missed somehow.

I think the gallery has always been very convenient. If it was permanent I would definitely miss it. Is $24.95 too much? I don't think so. But I do understand that when you have to decide between the supplies for a new technique you want to try and this, what can you do?

Hopefully, those who cannot aford it right now can grin and bear it until the end of the month and the site will not suffer. I would hate to see any talent leave because of this. It's really just a little ripple in a big lake. It'll be over before 5 people are voted off Survivor!

I've wanted to be a member since I joined so that I could see what other areas I was missing. The fan club page makes me want to see what I am missing. This is probably the little push I needed even if it is only temporary. If I pay, I'd be forced to come more often and that is a win-win situation.

tough choices in life - nobody should be criticized for what they decide to try to make something in their life work better. We can't know if ideas will work until we try them and I think you are being very fair about this. I hope you achieve what you are after.

Will I join today? I don't know. I have a whole shopping list for the latest technique junkie newsletter to buy. LOL (but I will some time in the future if I don't this month)
Old 10-02-2005, 06:51 AM   #1418
Cardstock Collector

Default pay to view Gallery

I understand this decision, but also saddened by it.

As a homeschool mom, working 32 hours a week, and also a part time college student, I find very little time to stamp. The once every 2-3 months or so that I visit this site just doesn't justify the cost for me. I have never uploaded, just viewed the gallery. The other things that are still available to non-paying members, are things I never visited anyway.

With a husband in the early stages of Alzheimers Disease, and on the verge of losing his job because of it, 2 teenagers still at home and another child in college, money is to tight for me to justify an expense that I would use that little.

I do understand the reason for this decision, but will miss using the Gallery for ideas on the rare occasion that I have the time to stamp or scrapbook. 17 months and counting til I am done with school. Maybe then I will have more time and money!!

Pam
Old 10-02-2005, 07:40 AM   #1419
Embossing Fanatic

I am a Fan Club Member

It says I can not see the gallery becasue I am not a fan club member. But I am. Please help Tasha Amole
Old 10-02-2005, 07:53 AM   #1420
Polyshrink Goddess

Well I broke down and am now officially a Fan club Member!!
Thanks for offering the half year subscription -It was a little easier on my budget and I can make sure I like it before going to a whole year !!
Just in the last 10 minutes I have to say ITS WORTH IT!!!!
Thanks again!

My name is Jenny and I'm a STAMPAHOLIC!!!
Old 10-02-2005, 08:56 AM   #1421
Minglerville Blabber
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laurel
Thank you for wording this in the way you did. I have been fuming over some of the posts I have just read from people that just do not get it.

thank you,
Debra
My Blog: Yellow and Blue

SU Creative Crew Design Team Member-May-August 2011
Old 10-02-2005, 08:57 AM   #1422
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarineMomPJ
I understand this decision, but also saddened by it.

As a homeschool mom, working 32 hours a week, and also a part time college student, I find very little time to stamp. The once every 2-3 months or so that I visit this site just doesn't justify the cost for me. I have never uploaded, just viewed the gallery. The other things that are still available to non-paying members, are things I never visited anyway.

With a husband in the early stages of Alzheimers Disease, and on the verge of losing his job because of it, 2 teenagers still at home and another child in college, money is to tight for me to justify an expense that I would use that little.

I do understand the reason for this decision, but will miss using the Gallery for ideas on the rare occasion that I have the time to stamp or scrapbook. 17 months and counting til I am done with school. Maybe then I will have more time and money!!

Pam

Pam, you can still look all you want -- the only things you can't do is upload your own images or use the alplabetical listings. The entire contents of the gallery is accessible by searching the member galleries.

My Stampin' Up! blog
"I'm a time traveler -- I point and laugh at archaeologists." 10th Doctor, "Silence in the Library"
Old 10-02-2005, 09:55 AM   #1423
Glitter Queen

I am okay with the change. I absolutely LOVE this site. I check the gallery everyday! I have been wanting to support the site in some way, I just became a member and paid my $24.95. This site is totally worth $2 a month.

Is there a way to give additionally money, like a donation to help make the site better/faster. I would be willing to give an additional donation.

I can't lose this site, I LOVE IT!!!!!
Old 10-02-2005, 10:58 AM   #1424
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by skydiverwife
I think it is a great idea. I have stopped coming as often because of slow gallery times. I think this would boost your repair funds and help with wait times.
I completely agree . . . I am barely online anymore because by the time I get home from work, finish cooking, etc. and have a chance to sit down to see what's new or to try to post something, I can't get access and I just get so annoyed that I don't bother. I was lucky and was gifted a membership, but there is no question about the value of SCS and that I would gladly continue to pay the $25 membership for all of the great inspiration and tips !!!

SCS is way better than any other magazine subscription !!!
Old 10-02-2005, 11:17 AM   #1425
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by row4d
BUT THEY CAN!!!! Access to member gallery listings is unchanged. All they have to do is look up your name!

Argh, I feel like I'm talking to a brick wall here, because several of us, members and mods alike, have tried to explain it dozens upon dozens of times, and NO ONE IS LISTENING!!! Okay, I feel a little better now having gotten that out.
excuse me....but the title of this thread is:

Gallery for paid members only?! Discuss it here.

That is exactly what I was doing.
And I was not negative. In fact, you conveniently omitted the part of my post that THANKED SCS and even included a damn smiley. So, why were you and consuelo so nasty to me and the others? Nevermind...I don't care.
Old 10-02-2005, 11:27 AM   #1426
Stazon Splitcoast

Everybody calm down...take a deep breath. Now, go to the gallery page. Click on "member galleries" and you will have access to 144,178 pictures. They are all there, you just have to take a detour to get there. Please relax!
Old 10-02-2005, 11:28 AM   #1427
Matboard Maniac

How Would I Know?

I mailed my membership fee last Monday, 09/26/05 and wondering if SCS received that fee. How would I know if I'm a member of the fan club? I noticed that when I go to the gallery, there's the Dirty Dozen list in there. Does this mean I'm a member already? If I am, how can I view the instructions, like for example, those cute bags. Please help. Thank you.
Old 10-02-2005, 11:30 AM   #1428
Postapalooza Mama

Quote:

Originally Posted by StampaLady
I mailed my membership fee last Monday, 09/26/05 and wondering if SCS received that fee. How would I know if I'm a member of the fan club? I noticed that when I go to the gallery, there's the Dirty Dozen list in there. Does this mean I'm a member already? If I am, how can I view the instructions, like for example, those cute bags. Please help. Thank you.
Yep, you're in! Enjoy!
Old 10-02-2005, 11:32 AM   #1429
Rubber Obsessor

I have to say that I am sad that only members can access the gallery. This has been a great inspiration tool for my Stampin' Up! customers. To be able to say "I got the idea for this card off of Splitcoast Stampers website" was a wonderful thing to share with my customers because they would then go to the site and get inspired and as a result purchase more products. It was so nice to be able to visit the gallery and see everything organized alphabetically and be able to view a certain stamp set. I sure hope you will reconsider limiting the viewing to members only.
This is a great site with awesome inspiration!
Old 10-02-2005, 11:34 AM   #1430
Cardstock Collector

Wink paying for gallery

Maybe besides the fan club you should charge a fee so that people can join the membership and see all the gallery things also. I think it is a great idea and it would allow the site to function better and you would have the funds to do so.
Old 10-02-2005, 11:35 AM   #1431
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Violet Dawn
I have to say that I am sad that only members can access the gallery. This has been a great inspiration tool for my Stampin' Up! customers. To be able to say "I got the idea for this card off of Splitcoast Stampers website" was a wonderful thing to share with my customers because they would then go to the site and get inspired and as a result purchase more products. It was so nice to be able to visit the gallery and see everything organized alphabetically and be able to view a certain stamp set. I sure hope you will reconsider limiting the viewing to members only.
Please remember that you can still access the gallery but there is a detour. Also this is only temporary, it will back and better than ever after the upgrades.

Old 10-02-2005, 11:42 AM   #1432

Quote:

Originally Posted by Violet Dawn
Violet Dawn - you can still see a certain stamp set - use the Search function. Go try it right now to see a set. The "limits" right now are only TEMPORARY until the end of the month when the gallery is 'fixed and fast'!
Old 10-02-2005, 11:49 AM   #1433

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michelle Z.

And I was not negative. In fact, you conveniently omitted the part of my post that THANKED SCS and even included a damn smiley. So, why were you and consuelo so nasty to me and the others? Nevermind...I don't care.
Michelle ... I don't understand why you felt you needed to delete/remove your images ... since your friends would still be able to view your images. The member galleries remain the same.
I think you DO care ... and I'm sorry that you are upset. Please read through the original post (and Daven's answers to some of the FAQ in this thread).
Old 10-02-2005, 11:56 AM   #1434
Matboard Maniac

Default Membership Fee

SCS is not completely cutting all the benefits of this site. It's all up to you if you want to join or not. I think it's just reasonable that people who pays should get more than those who did not. I know some of the posts says that the fee is too much but remember you only pay once a year. How much is a subscription to the magazine? If you have questions regarding an item on the magazine can you get answers right away?

Me too is on a budget and our craft is not cheap! It's an expensive hobby but the joy and satisfaction you get with your creation is priceless (sounded like a commercial ). I just think of it as an expense just to my groceries.

SCS is not forcing everyone to pay - its your own decision!!
Old 10-02-2005, 12:04 PM   #1435
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Consuelo
Here's the thing...no one is saying people have to pay! Those of you that can't or don't want to join the fan club, Just hold out for a month while Daven and crew do the necessary upgrades.

now theres an idea.

Old 10-02-2005, 12:05 PM   #1436
Cardstock Collector

Quote:

Originally Posted by row4d
Pam, you can still look all you want -- the only things you can't do is upload your own images or use the alplabetical listings. The entire contents of the gallery is accessible by searching the member galleries.

That may be so, but I can no longer look based on a particular stamp set, which is the only feature I ever used. Quite frankly, today is the first time I have ever even been to the forums here. The only think I have ever used this site for is the fact that I can look up a particular stamping up stamp set and see many examples using that set. And even that is not that often. And, I have never uploaded anyway, so I don't care about that feature.

Pam
Old 10-02-2005, 12:08 PM   #1437
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarineMomPJ
That may be so, but I can no longer look based on a particular stamp set, which is the only feature I ever used. Quite frankly, today is the first time I have ever even been to the forums here. The only think I have ever used this site for is the fact that I can look up a particular stamping up stamp set and see many examples using that set. And even that is not that often. And, I have never uploaded anyway, so I don't care about that feature.

Pam
Pam if you type the set name into the search feature you can atleast search and look that way!
Old 10-02-2005, 12:10 PM   #1438
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michelle Z.

I often delete the parts of a post that I'm not responding to -- cuts down on the message board clutter.

I'm very frustrated, and you could clearly sense the strong emotions coming through in my post. You stated you were upset that your friends have to pay to see what you've posted during this upgrade time, and I was trying to get you to see that it wasn't true. Right now they can view all of it, completely for free, just by finding your name in the member list. It's actually easier to find your work that way than to go through the alphabetical listings.

I've lost count of how many posts I've made in the last few days asking people to go back and read the original post to this thread, as it will clear up MANY of the misconceptions about what's going on. Others here have tried to do the same to no avail, because there are still somewhere in the neighborhood of a dozen posts a day to this thread where people are jumping to conclusions and apparently have not read Daven's explanation of the problem, nor his answers to the most frequently asked questions:

Yes, you can still look at the entire gallery for free
Yes, all the great ideas are still available even if you aren't a paid member
No, you currently can't upload any new images if you aren't a paid member
No, the current restrictions are not permanent
Yes, the intent is for SCS to remain a free site

Honestly I'm feeling a bit like Milette was the other day. If we members are this frustrated that no one is listening to what the SCS team has been trying to say, I can only imagine how crazy this all must be making them!

I'm actually having more problems with the forum than the gallery at the moment. It's hard to get formatting tags to take, and I keep getting "timeout" connection error messages about Google ads nearly every time I try to go to a different page somewhere on the site. Often they will pop up while I'm trying to type and I have to stop and close them so I can continue. Don't know if it's related to the upgrade tinkering or not, but it did start yesterday.
Old 10-02-2005, 12:25 PM   #1439
Pearl-ExPert

Smile meet your new best friend

Let's not take things too personally, please. Afterall, we're here for the creative inspiration and to help one another out...especially during construction.
*insert Olive branch & dark chocolate here*

Here is *1* easy step to find sets during construction time, starting in the Gallery Homepage.
  1. Type the set name (or a keyword, theme, technique, etc.!) in the Search box, which is found up at the top, right, like so:
  2. Click go
  3. Enjoy the search results!

PS I think this thread title needs improvement. [/end of personal opinion]

Want to join the SCS Fan Club?

Last edited by avonlea; 10-02-2005 at 08:41 PM.. Reason: changed the pic
Old 10-02-2005, 12:37 PM   #1440
Glitter Queen

Default Fan Club

I have been a demonstrator for 1 year now and absolutely am completely obsessed with stamping! When I got onto scs today I immediately panicked when I could not review the gallery! Then I read the letter...whew! All was not lost. Anyway, I just now joined and immediately, I MEAN IMMEDIATELY, within seconds I was once again able to access everything on scs! WOW! Is enrollment into the FAN Club usually that quick!! I absolutely don't know what I would do without being able to view all of the incredible creativity and artistry I find on scs! Thank you to ALL of you who post your beautiful works of art and also to the Dirty Dozen. You are awesome!!!!

Susan
Closed Thread