Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2005, 09:24 AM   #1361
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Quote:

Originally Posted by sharingmyartwork49
I 100% agree, however I understand the changes/costs. I just became a new SU DEMO and recently came here maybe a little over a month ago or so..... and this truly is the best site for artwork. I still have lots to purchase from SU to conduct my business and yes I too pay for the internet monthly and I can't become a member of the "FAN CLUB" I enjoy all the forums (which i hope stay free) but I truly enjoy the artwork and now I feel that I'm being punished for not being able to pay. I've been on the net for over 10 years and never ever have I been asked or has it been suggested to pay to join some website or just to view artwork. Yes, I purchase every stamping/papercraft magazine in the world, so some could say "i'm paying to view that artwork" - - true, however I don't buy them all at once....$4.95 here, $6.95 there. My point being is I can't afford another monthly bill.

I wil continue to come here to learn from the SU DEMO's who are pros and glean whatever information I can from them and I thank you all in advance. But I can't pay.....sorry. I understand the costs and the staff, however, I truly cannot pay to view artwork or be part of some "club"

PS - - I'm confused on something, I've seen a $20.00 figure thrown around, I've seen a $24.95 figure thrown around and I've read about a six month payment, but haven't heard what that is? I'm just curious why I'm reading different payment amounts?

JMHO

Judy
At risk of repeating myself yet AGAIN, please read:

Quote:

Originally Posted by JulieHRR
Quote:

Quote:

What is going on with the gallery?
Our gallery servers CANNOT handle the tremendous flow of traffic from unregistered visitors, Fan Club members, and non-Fan Club members alike. The gallery is therefore rendered useless to everybody.

Why is gallery access going to change in October?
SCS wishes to make sure FC Members that have paid to support the site receive a quality gallery experience. Why? Because without their support, this site would cease to exist!!!

Daven has no "desirable" options. It just is what it is: too much traffic for the servers to handle. WITHOUT A MAJOR OVERHAUL, WE WILL ALL LOSE THE GALLERY ENTIRELY. IT IS ALREADY LIMPING VERY BADLY!!!!

So, TEMPORARILY, until quality gallery speed can be restored for EVERYBODY that uses this site, he is going to restrict the flow to the galleries for Non FC Members to 2 routes: Member Galleries and Techniques Galleries, and no uploads.

WHY? Because the % of SCS users that are FC Members is relatively small in comparison to Non FC Members. This means: Non-FC Members are the BULK of the heavy traffic.

What is this Fan Club you speak of constantly?
Check out the Fan Club page for more information.

The only EXTRA perk FC Members have at this site is a special gallery called the Dirty Dozen/Fan Club Gallery. It is a thank-you gift to them for supporting the site. It's not "the reason" they donate.

How much is the Fan Club subscription?
- $14.95/6 months
- $24.95/12 months

Why not get more/bigger ads to cover the cost of the beefier servers needed?
The ads running through here do not cover all the expenditures, and this is why support from our members is so much appreciated to help defray the costs that income from the ads do not cover.

How long will this last?
Daven is anticipating a ONE MONTH restricted access to the galleries for Non FC folks who access the site.

Restricted access means that if you are not a Fan Club member,
- you will have the forums
- you will have your member gallery
- you will have your favorites
- you will still see the tutorials and the resource gallery
- you will be able to search by set
- you will not be able to upload *while improvements are made*
- you will not see the A-Z gallery listings *while improvements are made*

EVERYBODY will be able to share their creations and to see ALL the A-Z galleries, etc. via EVERY route after these improvements are made.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 10-01-2005, 09:48 AM   #1362
Glitter Queen

I think paying is well worth the money! I pay for access to other websites and I don't get nearly the samples and ideas that I get from SCS. Just tell me where to send the check!!!

Thanks for making this website even better!
Old 10-01-2005, 09:53 AM   #1363
Postapalooza Mama

I've spent some time in the gallery this morning.....it's almost at
lightening speed!
Old 10-01-2005, 02:37 PM   #1364
Rubber Obsessor

Default totally agree

Im very sadden by this for im not a fan

Quote:

Originally Posted by Melody Smith
I do not like the idea. You've just made everyone who isn't a fan club (paying) member, a second class citizen. If the change is made I will no longer visit this site.
Old 10-01-2005, 03:38 PM   #1365
Compulsive Stamper

It's always about $$$$

while I understand the issues surrounding SCS site, and all the hardworking staff that maintains it, I can't help but be a little upset. I spend alot of $$$ on supplies, stamps, etc. and because of this site I finally know what to do with all of it! But now I would have to fork over some more $$$ to get ideas on how to use my stuff! SU should definitly contribute to this site, hello it's almost entirely SU product ideas!! And we all know that the company is doing well. So what gives! How long will us non- fan club members be excluded? I live in middle america people, I don't make alot of money! I can barely support my stamping habit as it is! I hope the administrators keep their promise to keep this a free site, the crafters market can suck you dry!
Old 10-01-2005, 03:45 PM   #1366
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

At risk of repeating myself yet AGAIN, please read:

I understand what Julie is saying, and I will accept this change, but not happily. I feel "excluded" because I can't afford to pay to belong to the FAN CLUB. I hated in High School "clique's" if that's how you spell it and now I'm a grown adult -older than most of you here and once again being excluded from another "clique" aka "click" - (sorry, not only don't I have extra money, I guess I can't spell either)

So less than 15 mintues left - - -until the change.....guess I'll just ride it out for one month.

GOOD LUCK with the changes -- and have fun FAN CLUB MEMBERS!!

Judy
Old 10-01-2005, 03:46 PM   #1367
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stamperbella
while I understand the issues surrounding SCS site, and all the hardworking staff that maintains it, I can't help but be a little upset. I spend alot of $$$ on supplies, stamps, etc. and because of this site I finally know what to do with all of it! But now I would have to fork over some more $$$ to get ideas on how to use my stuff! SU should definitly contribute to this site, hello it's almost entirely SU product ideas!! And we all know that the company is doing well. So what gives! How long will us non- fan club members be excluded? I live in middle america people, I don't make alot of money! I can barely support my stamping habit as it is! I hope the administrators keep their promise to keep this a free site, the crafters market can suck you dry!

Please read the first post. It explains a lot and will clear up most of the common misconceptions about what's going on right now (like having to "pay to get ideas"). Viewing the entire gallery is still free -- you just have to take a slightly roundabout route and search the member galleries instead of using the alphabetical listings.

Trust me, we do not want SU! to give money to this site. In fact, Daven's wife Tracy had him create this site as a place for her downline to access that was not controlled by SU!, which SCS definitely will be if SU! pays anything to help keep it running. Say goodbye to threads about cheap mono at Viking.com, or searches for TAC demos or CTMH consultants. Galleries for non-SU! stamps? Fuhgeddaboutit! SCS needs to remain independent and stay away from ANY corporate sponsorship.

I'm sure Daven will be keeping his promise to return full, free access to everyone, and will not question his integrity by implying otherwise.

My Stampin' Up! blog
"I'm a time traveler -- I point and laugh at archaeologists." 10th Doctor, "Silence in the Library"

Last edited by row4d; 10-01-2005 at 03:51 PM..
Old 10-01-2005, 04:38 PM   #1368
SCS Moderator

Quote:

Im very sadden by this for im not a fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melody Smith
I do not like the idea. You've just made everyone who isn't a fan club (paying) member, a second class citizen. If the change is made I will no longer visit this site.

Nobody has the intention of making a member feel like a second class citizen. I can promise you 100% Daven did not come to this decision lightly. There have been numerous server upgrades in the past year especially, but at this point the gallery server needs serious help.

So what could be done?
Well he could have shut down the gallery altogther and said "Forget it." But he didn't-he worked out a plan to help the gallery get up and running efficiently. In order to do so he had to stop so much traffic in there TEMPORARILY.
So what other way would have been fair to slow the traffic other than limiting how many people are in there?

Here is something that I am sure has been posted, but PLEASE-read it and know that the changes are not being done in order to make anyone feel bad, but in order to help in having everyone enjoy the site to its fullest potential.

What is going on with the gallery?
Our gallery servers CANNOT handle the tremendous flow of traffic from unregistered visitors, Fan Club members, and non-Fan Club members alike. The gallery is therefore rendered useless to everybody.

Why is gallery access going to change in October?
SCS wishes to make sure FC Members that have paid to support the site receive a quality gallery experience. Why? Because without their support, this site would cease to exist!!!

Daven has no "desirable" options. It just is what it is: too much traffic for the servers to handle. WITHOUT A MAJOR OVERHAUL, WE WILL ALL LOSE THE GALLERY ENTIRELY. IT IS ALREADY LIMPING VERY BADLY!!!!

So, TEMPORARILY, until quality gallery speed can be restored for EVERYBODY that uses this site, he is going to restrict the flow to the galleries for Non FC Members to 2 routes: Member Galleries and Techniques Galleries, and no uploads.

WHY? Because the % of SCS users that are FC Members is relatively small in comparison to Non FC Members. This means: Non-FC Members are the BULK of the heavy traffic.

Old 10-01-2005, 05:18 PM   #1369
Matboard Maniac

subscription

I understand that things cost alot now. The reason I joined was that it was free. My budget allows for free. I don't see where you get the $20 dollar fee I found where it was $25. understand but I may have to find another site. Thanks any way.
Old 10-01-2005, 05:27 PM   #1370
SCS Moderator

Quote:

Originally Posted by sherig
I understand that things cost alot now. The reason I joined was that it was free. My budget allows for free. I don't see where you get the $20 dollar fee I found where it was $25. understand but I may have to find another site. Thanks any way.
the only thing you will be unable to do is find stamp sets listed by name speicifically.

THE SITE IS STILL FREE!!!!!!!

You can access the technique galleries as well as member galleries by name, and all of the forums are FREE!!!!

Old 10-01-2005, 05:29 PM   #1371
Rubber Obsessor

Exclamation No problems

I am so inspired by all the wonderful gallery submissions you allow us the ability to view. I have no problems continuing to pay the fan club fee, it's totally worth it. If someone is continuously uses/views the gallery, they should help be responsible for keeping it going.

You don't ask an enormous fee, and I hope everything goes smoothly for you. Thanks again for all you have done.

Barbie

www.mycraftstore.com
"I am NOT a compulsive buyer, I just have to have it!"
Old 10-01-2005, 05:30 PM   #1372
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by sherig
A Fan Club subscription used to be $20 -- a lot of the folks who signed up last year are forgetting when they post that it costs $24.95 now. There is now a 6-month subscription for $14.95 as well.

I urge you to go back and read the first post, or check out one of the fifty or so responses in this thread that have quoted it (as you can now find one on nearly every page ) -- THE RESTRICTIONS ARE TEMPORARY!

My Stampin' Up! blog
"I'm a time traveler -- I point and laugh at archaeologists." 10th Doctor, "Silence in the Library"

Last edited by row4d; 10-01-2005 at 05:33 PM..
Old 10-01-2005, 05:35 PM   #1373
Kookie Creator

I am not going to be a fan club member, and I will miss the gallery, but not enough to pay for it. Please keep in mind that there are still many free image posting sites such as snapfish and picturetrail that will allow me to have a gallery FOR FREE.

Thank you for allowing me to access my gallery to remove/delete my images. I cannot see storing scans of my cards there if my friends can no longer view them without paying.

This decision is yours, and yours alone. I do not judge you for the decisions you feel are best for the site.
It was fun while it lasted!
Old 10-01-2005, 05:37 PM   #1374
Kookie Creator

don't forget that you can write off the "membership fee" on taxes as part of a commission and fees.
Old 10-01-2005, 05:40 PM   #1375
Stazon Splitcoast

Default So Frustrated!

Don't people get that it's JUST for ONE MONTH?
What part of "TEMPORARY" don't you get???

The gallery has to get fixed or it's useless to everybody. Why is that such a difficult concept to understand??
Old 10-01-2005, 05:41 PM   #1376
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michelle Z.
I am not going to be a fan club member, and I will miss the gallery, but not enough to pay for it. Please keep in mind that there are still many free image posting sites such as snapfish and picturetrail that will allow me to have a gallery FOR FREE.

Thank you for allowing me to access my gallery to remove/delete my images. I cannot see storing scans of my cards there if my friends can no longer view them without paying.
BUT THEY CAN!!!! Access to member gallery listings is unchanged. All they have to do is look up your name!

Argh, I feel like I'm talking to a brick wall here, because several of us, members and mods alike, have tried to explain it dozens upon dozens of times, and NO ONE IS LISTENING!!! Okay, I feel a little better now having gotten that out.

My Stampin' Up! blog
Old 10-01-2005, 05:46 PM   #1377
Stazon Splitcoast

Default I think it bears repeating!!!

T-E-M-P-O-R-A-R-Y

Hello????

T
E
M

P
O
R
A
R
Y

How about backwards?

YRAROPMET
Old 10-01-2005, 05:54 PM   #1378
Rubber Obsessor

Default Just my opinion

I know, I am not the only opinion out there and everyone is entitled to their own and that is why I will give mine just as everyone else has given theirs. I am outraged at the people who will not pay a mere $25 a year to help keep this website going at a speed we can all tolerate and run smoothly without having to constantly shut it down to update, etc. Also, I am sorry but I know money is tight all over the place but you cannot tell me that you cannot fork out $2 a month for this. If you can't, you should definitely NOT be in this hobby. I find this website just as helpful, if not more, than sudsol and had I known there was a member paying spot, I would've paid a long time ago. I bet those people who are so tight on money eat or order out at least once a year or rent a few movies a couple times a year, come on!!! Sorry, had to vent. I say, pay or go play somewhere else. Nothing in this world is free so why should this extremely valuable tool be free?

Yes, maybe there is a way they could do monthly payments so you would only have to pay $2 a month if that would be easier. I don't want anyone to go without food, clothing, or shelter over this. Yes, maybe there is a way for people who submit a certain number of gallery entries in a month to get a discount or a free membership, who knows. The point of the matter is...keeping this site up is costing more than they can keep up with to keep the PAYING people happy so something needs to be done. Put yourself in their shoes for a few minutes and stop thinking about money.

OK, I am over it. I just want to say. I support you all the way. I have never run a site but I am so glad I fell upon this one. The samples, etc. are fabulous. Thank you to all that submit their great creations. There, that was better than therapy.
Old 10-01-2005, 05:58 PM   #1379
Glitter Queen

As I wait for the Gallery to load, I thought I would give my humble opinion about the dilemma of wait time and such. I do not mind paying dues. You all work so hard to bring very valuable tools to all of us. You tutorials are fab, the galleries are so full of great ideas from such very creative people. I donít think I would still be stamping if I had to rely on just my brand of creativity.
So, for what itís worth, please charge yearly dues.
Sincerely,
Colleen
Old 10-01-2005, 05:59 PM   #1380
Cardstock Collector

Default What am I missing?

Well, lucky me... I just registered to become a member of this site today. I can't get into the galleries because I am not a member of the fan club, but I am not going to join the fan club until I can get in and see what it is I am paying for. I would say that this is a problem you are going to experience with your new members.
Old 10-01-2005, 06:00 PM   #1381
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Serenity3333us
I am outraged at the people who will not pay a mere $25 a year to help keep this website going ...
Here's the thing...no one is saying people have to pay! Those of you that can't or don't want to join the fan club, Just hold out for a month while Daven and crew do the necessary upgrades.
Old 10-01-2005, 06:00 PM   #1382
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by Serenity3333us
I know, I am not the only opinion out there and everyone is entitled to their own and that is why I will give mine just as everyone else has given theirs. I am outraged at the people who will not pay a mere $25 a year to help keep this website going at a speed we can all tolerate and run smoothly without having to constantly shut it down to update, etc. Also, I am sorry but I know money is tight all over the place but you cannot tell me that you cannot fork out $2 a month for this. If you can't, you should definitely NOT be in this hobby. I find this website just as helpful, if not more, than sudsol and had I known there was a member paying spot, I would've paid a long time ago. I bet those people who are so tight on money eat or order out at least once a year or rent a few movies a couple times a year, come on!!! Sorry, had to vent. I say, pay or go play somewhere else. Nothing in this world is free so why should this extremely valuable tool be free?

Yes, maybe there is a way they could do monthly payments so you would only have to pay $2 a month if that would be easier. I don't want anyone to go without food, clothing, or shelter over this. Yes, maybe there is a way for people who submit a certain number of gallery entries in a month to get a discount or a free membership, who knows. The point of the matter is...keeping this site up is costing more than they can keep up with to keep the PAYING people happy so something needs to be done. Put yourself in their shoes for a few minutes and stop thinking about money.

OK, I am over it. I just want to say. I support you all the way. I have never run a site but I am so glad I fell upon this one. The samples, etc. are fabulous. Thank you to all that submit their great creations. There, that was better than therapy.

EXCUSE ME????

You said: I am outraged at the people who will not pay a mere $25 a year to help keep this website going at a speed we can all tolerate and run smoothly without having to constantly shut it down to update, etc.

WILL NOT PAY? It's not that I WILL NOT PAY -- it's that I CANNOT PAY!!
I'm sorry I don't have the CASH laying around that you do to pay to view artwork online. And yes I get it's only TEMPORARY!! Even spelled backwards I get it - - but do you know that I CANNOT even view MY FAVORITES NOW?

I'm shocked you even said that your outraged at the people that WILL NOT - -sorry honey, but I can't!! I have a son in college, and I'm having MAJOR MAJOR LIFE CHANGING BACK SURGERY SOON!! There I said it - -that's why I WILL NOT PAY FOR THIS!!

I can wait 30 days - - but I'm not really ticked that I can't view my favorites -- I spent two hours today, saving artwork to my favorites

I'm done posting on this subject - - see you in a month!!
judy
Old 10-01-2005, 06:02 PM   #1383
Pearl-ExPert

Talking Consuelo! hahahaha!

Consuleo! *lol* that was priceless!!!!
(I'm not wanting to mock anyone...just loved her sense of humour!!! )

Want to join the SCS Fan Club?
Old 10-01-2005, 06:03 PM   #1384
Stazon Splitcoast

Ok everyone needs to just settle down and reread the Original Post....
it is just a temporary "underconstruction" limitation....
Old 10-01-2005, 06:05 PM   #1385
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by sharingmyartwork49
...t - - but do you know that I CANNOT even view MY FAVORITES NOW?

Eep! This I did not know...I coulda saved the zip file. (I know Julie said we'd all still have our favourites... but who can predict the whole future?) Ah well... I need patience and I'll be searching (my brain and the Members' gallery) for a while...

Want to join the SCS Fan Club?
Old 10-01-2005, 06:13 PM   #1386
Stampin' Fool

Default My 2c worth ...

I love this site and have learned so much from everyone here, and even though I live outside of the US and it cost a lot more than US$25 (I live in New Zealand) for me to sign up for the Fan Club, I am doing so, as I feel for what I learn here and the fun I have, no magazine subscription in the world would give me all this stuff for $25 a year. So, Daven, look out for the mailman - my money is already flying over the Pacific Ocean as I write this ...! Thanks to everyone for their amazing work putting together this wonderful group and maintaining it. I for one cannot tell you enough how much it is appreciated and enjoyed, and I'm sure I speak for stampers all over the world who visit SplitCoast. Keep it up!
Old 10-01-2005, 06:19 PM   #1387
Matboard Maniac

I refer all my new customers and new recruits to this site. It is absolutely amazing.
A new stamper might hesitate to pay the $25...they are spending a lot to start a new hobby and $25 is a whole lot of cardstock and ribbon!

What about having a free trial of 1 month...then have discounted memberships for those that upload x amount of samples per month?

I will gladly pay the $25 per year for a membership, but I worry about new stampers. Customers that want to start stamping wonder where to get ideas...I point them in several directions, including SCS and I don't want to have to tell them that in order to see the gallery that have to pay $25. Plus, if they haven't seen it, they don't know it's worth that!
Old 10-01-2005, 06:24 PM   #1388
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by catherinep

What about having a free trial of 1 month...then have discounted memberships for those that upload x amount of samples per month?
The changes are TEMPORARY...it will only be down for 30 DAYS!!!
Old 10-01-2005, 06:31 PM   #1389
Glitter Queen

I think that if you have to charge a fee for people to use this site, so be it.
It takes time and money to upgrade all the hardware you have to use, to keepthings running. I dont mind paying, because of all the great ideas and inspiration I get form this site especially, when I am in crunch time for doing a show and have a creative block going on.

I would like to express that if some of the retired sets are removed or moved to a seperate links that may help with space issues. I would also like to see an area just for demos to go so we could have a place to comunicate, with other demos about business ideas what they are doing, how to handle difificult customers, you know anything that may happen with a home based business.

I do look forward to using this site and have spent many a late night looking and caseing ideas.
I am willing to support you 100% and cant wait to see all the upcoming changes.

My sbbscription expiers soon but I will pay any fee to use it its weel worth the money.

Thanks for all your hard work just dont go away for to long.

Last edited by inkyfingersinoregon; 10-01-2005 at 06:36 PM..
Old 10-01-2005, 06:35 PM   #1390
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jennifer E. Thompson
Well, lucky me... I just registered to become a member of this site today. I can't get into the galleries because I am not a member of the fan club, but I am not going to join the fan club until I can get in and see what it is I am paying for. I would say that this is a problem you are going to experience with your new members.
Pull up the Member Galleries -- you can still see everything! The only thing you can't do is add your own creations or use the alphabetical stamp set listings. Honestly, I really wish newbies (and sometimes the old-timers, too) would at least check the info pages before jumping to conclusions.

My Stampin' Up! blog
Old 10-01-2005, 06:48 PM   #1391
Cardstock Collector

Smile Anything to keep it going and make it faster.

I live by this site. I visit it every morning to see the last days posts, and then again several times a day to look up ideas by stamp set. I'm not very creative, and the inspirations I get from this site are priceless.

I do get discouraged when the site is slow, and tend to limit my visits to times when the traffic is low. Therefore, I am for doing whatever it takes to make this site faster. I believe the $24.95 price is reasonable, and well worth the money.

(I only hope that it does not discourage anyone from joining. The more people we have, the more inspiration we get.)

Thank you so much for your time in keeping this site going.
Old 10-01-2005, 06:52 PM   #1392
Watercolor Wizard

Red face Well Put

[QUOTE=camsmom]Nobody has the intention of making a member feel like a second class citizen. I can promise you 100% Daven did not come to this decision lightly. There have been numerous server upgrades in the past year especially, but at this point the gallery server needs serious help.

So what could be done?
Well he could have shut down the gallery altogther and said "Forget it." But he didn't-he worked out a plan to help the gallery get up and running efficiently. In order to do so he had to stop so much traffic in there TEMPORARILY.
So what other way would have been fair to slow the traffic other than limiting how many people are in there?

I just think this was well-put. I think that these people have tried their very best to please people. No one intended for anyone to feel like a second class citizen.
Honestly, if I think about it, I can skip buying the stamp set I wanted next. That would pay the cost of the site. If I choose to buy the stamp set, then that is a choice that I have made. I too have a son in college. I am compensating by not buying clothes-at all- for myself. I am still going into debt over college. Thankfully, I don't need surgery. Thankfully, I can borrow money for college and not worry about putting food on the table, as some people here evidently are. I am also cutting back on stamp supplies while the kids are in college. That is a choice I have made. We all make choices. Some people have to make the choice of putting food on the table, or buying stamps, or buying into the fan club. That's an easy decision. You put food on the table. That doesn't make you a second class citizen. That makes you someone who makes wise decisions, knows how to live on a budget, and knows how to wait to be rewarded. There is no need to defend that decision. You feed your family, don't pay SCS, don't buy stamps, and get things in order. That is the responsible thing to do.

I think there are other people here who are complaining just for the sake of complaining. As Consuelo so neatly put it, it is temporary. Why complain? Why take all your pictures out of the gallery?

Surprise....today is October 1st. No one has been unable to get into the forums. No one has been unable to see the gallery. I bet people will still be saying tomorrow that they think this is unfair. They are not reading the responses, so there is no point in trying to explain things to them.

I, for one, am thrilled with all of the information that I get here. I am happy that this has probably spawned a surge of money into the coffers to pay for the new equipment. I feel badly that these people who work so hard have had to take the criticism that has happened here. If I couldn't view one single card for a month, I still wouldn't be upset, wouldn't feel second class. I would be willing to make the choice to not view so that the equipment could be upgraded.
A very reasonable and responsible decision has been made here. I don't know why some people can't see that.

I'm sorry I've rambled. Every once in a while, I can't stand it anymore and have to say something.

Last edited by lynnewithane; 10-01-2005 at 06:58 PM..
Old 10-01-2005, 07:00 PM   #1393
Kookie Creator

Talking

Consuelo- LOL thanks for the laugh!!!!

Don't you just wish that sometime that people could hear how you feel?? You put it perfectly in words!!!!

KUDO'S TO YOU!!!!
Old 10-01-2005, 07:02 PM   #1394
Matboard Maniac

Wink

First of all I agree with all that keep posting that this is TEMPORARY and agree that you just need to read the posts.

I have been enjoying this site for sometime now and I did not hesitate to become a member. $25.00 is not in my budget, but the site is informative and displays many ideas that I have not been able to find anywhere else!

It is a great idea to support this site and give splicoasters the financial backing they need to keep everything running smoothly.

How many of you don't bat an eyelash and buy magazines or the latest stamp set or those "I just got to have" items that would total WAY over $25 a year? I AM GUILTY!

I was amazed when I first started coming here that it was FREE. There is a lot of work involved in maintaining a large site as this.......bugs need to be removed.......people need to be happy.

We can't expect these individuals to work as hard as they do for nothing. Would you like to work for nothing? What they started here was a wonderful cause and the fee that they are asking doesn't make a dent in all their hard work. Now, I am not saying that I wish them to become MILLIONAIRES on our fees, but I am just being realistic.

PLEASE THINK................WHERE OUT THERE IS SUCH A BEAUTIFUL SITE??

Help support the individuals who have so kindly wanted to help us, with no strings attached. We have all benefitted from this site.

THANK YOU FOR ALL THAT YOU DO!!!

Gail
Old 10-01-2005, 07:19 PM   #1395
Embossing Fanatic

hey all i registered today...and i was just wondering when my membership takes effect??? Please let me in lol

And so the Addiction Begins!!!!
Old 10-01-2005, 07:21 PM   #1396
Embossing Fanatic

oy! I just remembered i paid through my husbands paypal so you probably have no idea who's account it was for! The paypal payment came from [email protected]

And so the Addiction Begins!!!!
Old 10-01-2005, 07:30 PM   #1397
Polyshrink Goddess

I'm afraid I won't spend $20 just to see the gallery. I come to view the gallery very infrequently so it wouldn't be worth it to me. I am a new SU Demonstrator and I get my best ideas from my uplines etc. and our team meetings.

I wish there were another solution.
Old 10-01-2005, 07:41 PM   #1398
Embossing Fanatic

I am happy to pay to be a member of the fan club. I totally understand the effort of time and money it takes to operate a website as robust as this. If you can justify a $4 cuppa java why not support a great resource. I am also a member of Technique Junkies and happy to PAY to support that too. C'mon, it's only a couple of cents we are talking about. Consider it a lifeline.
Old 10-01-2005, 07:46 PM   #1399
Gabfest Goddess

I joined shortly after I registered in March and not because I wanted to see the DDD gallery so badly but because I knew that even though this was touted as a free site to everyone, some one was still paying. I knew there were server costs, software costs, domain costs, and maintaence costs, not to mention someone's time and energy to ok the uploads and maintain this whole thing. I rarely go to the DDD gallery because there is so much to see in the daily additions and on the forums. When you pay monthly for internet costs, you are paying for the same things you were basically getting here free. ISPs are the big servers of the net and you are paying anywhere from 15 to 60 dollars a month for these services. That is a big chunk of money yearly for server costs. What SCS is charging is small potatoes and they still have expenses. I am sure it started out with them paying and they didnt establish the site for free online. This site has grown by leaps and bounds, I was shocked to see that it started with a downline and handful of members and has grown to 58,000 in three years. I am sure they never expected it to grow like this either. Nothing is ever free and if we can each pay a small part to keep the site going and running smoothly, then so be it. There are no free rides for very long and someone has to pay sooner or later.
Old 10-01-2005, 07:50 PM   #1400
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarolinaBird
I'm afraid I won't spend $20 just to see the gallery. I come to view the gallery very infrequently so it wouldn't be worth it to me. I am a new SU Demonstrator and I get my best ideas from my uplines etc. and our team meetings.

I wish there were another solution.
You can still see the gallery. You should be able to see it now.

The changes are TEMPORARY. For one month. You can still see the gallery (on those infrequent times when you do). After the upgrade, the gallery will be faster and better.

If you don't want to spend the $24.95 to be part of the Fan Club ... fine. It's OK. We'll still love you. You can still post on the forums.

Remember ... the key words here are TEMPORARY and OPTIONAL.
Closed Thread