Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2005, 06:56 PM   #1321
GMC
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mary P
I think what you are doing probably needs to be done. It is not easy to run a website of this size without support. Subscribing to Stamping magazines cost just as much if not more for less information and ideas.

The only gripe I have is that you are only giving everyone here approx 8 days notice of the switch, not nearly enough time to try and get a "payment" sent to you without losing part of the website. I feel you could have a least giving us a month notice on this one.
Regarding payment...Paypal payments grant you immediate access to the Fan Club from what I read previously. I sent my payment by "snail mail" on a Saturday and was granted access to the DD gallery Monday afternoon when I came home from work. I live in Michigan, so it only took two days for it to get to the west coast.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 09-29-2005, 07:40 PM   #1322
Postapalooza Mama

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jami
With over 1300 posts to this thread I just had a thought...if everyone who's posted to this thread (and loves the gallery) would make 5-10 comments in the gallery every day just think how happy everyone would be!!

Of course we don't want everyone in there at once! There goes that pesky traffic problem. Let's take shifts! LOL!
Old 09-29-2005, 10:10 PM   #1323
Stazon Splitcoast

Thank you for all your hard work. I am a new demo, and your site is so helpful. I'm not a fan club member yet as things are a little tight, but someday. Soon I hope! We'll see if I can make it through October. Anyway, I'll work with what I've got for now. You all are fabulous. Thanks again!
Old 09-29-2005, 10:31 PM   #1324
Pearl-ExPert

I confess, I cannot read through all 36 pages of this thread!

However, after reading only the first few pages, I "get it." And since I have taken far more from this site than I have given so far (partly due to my many unsuccessful uploads), I'd sign up for the Fan Club in a heart beat if it meant I can continue to have full access. Like it's been said, seeing how we spend on stamps, accessories, other publications, I look at is as part of doing business. Even though I am a hobby demo more than a business demo (another confession).

Where do I sign up?
Old 09-29-2005, 10:53 PM   #1325
Postapalooza Mama

Quote:

Originally Posted by kamuelamom
I confess, I cannot read through all 36 pages of this thread!

However, after reading only the first few pages, I "get it." And since I have taken far more from this site than I have given so far (partly due to my many unsuccessful uploads), I'd sign up for the Fan Club in a heart beat if it meant I can continue to have full access. Like it's been said, seeing how we spend on stamps, accessories, other publications, I look at is as part of doing business. Even though I am a hobby demo more than a business demo (another confession).

Where do I sign up?
At the very top of the Home page, on the left side there is a spot to click on that will get you to the info about the Fan Club.
Old 09-30-2005, 03:17 AM   #1326
Crimping Master

Default Gallery for paid members only

I am sure you have labored over this decision and it is indeed a very difficult one. Shortly after I found this site, I became a fan club member. I felt like I wanted to contribute to enable this site to continue. It is the number one place to go for ideas and with the talented stampers contributing, the fee to become a member is very nominal. I think you made the right decision and I absolutely agree with you. Thanks for the wonderful site that has become my daily stop. Don't know what I'd do if I couldn't check out the beautiful cards and ideas on a daily basis.

Laura
Old 09-30-2005, 04:04 AM   #1327
Rubber Obsessor

Smile

I visit this site many, MANY times a day. If $25 will make the gallery faster for my viewing pleasure, I will definitely fork it over. SplitCoastStampers is a wonderful resource; THE best place on the internet for inspiration and lesson.

Count me in!
Old 09-30-2005, 04:33 AM   #1328
Inking Addict

Default Ditto Kooky Creators post !!!!

I have not read very many posts in this thread due to time restrictions but she said it for me. I get so much from this site....

$25 a year is so cheap to me. $2.09 a month. I have been where money is tight so I understand the thought of one lump sum out of my pocket in a month but in no time the payment could be made for most of us if we cut back in other areas.

When I decided I needed to join the local gym I didn't really have the money till I thought about it. I was stopping at the gas station for a soda 5 times a week. Nothing much, a dollar a time..then I thought $5 a week times 4 weeks equals $20. The cost per month at the gym is $25. So no more soda for me ! Oh occasionally I get one but not like I was. Now I am 25 lbs lighter and 28 inches smaller ! yay ! I win on both counts.

Other things to give up once a month to have enough to subscribe:

one trip to McD's
2 gas station sodas a month
one salad with the girls
give up a couple magazines a year

Think it through....what you get for the price and what small "vice" do you have that could be done away with ? Hopefully lots of you can find one and join up !
Old 09-30-2005, 05:14 AM   #1329
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Thumbs up $1.67/month

This site is so invaluable to me and when I stop to think how darn much the stamping/scrapbooking magazines cost ($4-6 per publication), $1.67 per month is very minimal for the wonderful inspiration, commradre and gosh-darn fun this site provides. I'd say it's cheaper than therapy, and that's what stamping is all about, right...therapy for our body, mind and soul!

Thanks SCS--rock on!
Old 09-30-2005, 06:59 AM   #1330
Crimping Master

Default Paid Gallery

There are many people out there who use this site for help and direction and they use it because it is free (I am one of them). They do not have access to the SU website if they are not a demonstrator (which I am and I have access to but this site I like ALOT!)

Although I can afford to pay the $25, there are many people out there who cannot afford to do that.

I guess you are in between a rock and a hard place when it comes to maintaining your site though.

My Etsy Shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/CardsByPia
Old 09-30-2005, 07:26 AM   #1331
Glitter Queen

Default Split coast paid and unpaid site

Hello I have been visiting the free site for some time as to I just do not have the money to pay 25.00 plus a year to view the site. I understand when you want to provide the best information as to that is the part I love about the Splitcoast site in general is that the information that we can share and find is Great. I understand that the soft ware costs and that you need to be able to keep it going so if this has to be the last time I come here so be it as it is not your fault as to you have costs to cover too so I hope it works well for you and may be some day I will be able to pay but til them keep up the Great job you are doing with this site. Carol
Old 09-30-2005, 07:31 AM   #1332
ch
Mad Swapper

Thumbs up

I've been following this post all week (luckily I've been on vacation so I've had more time)!!!! I found this site about a year ago, joined the fan club shortly after---not just so I could have access to the DD gallery, I really wanted to support a great resource! The DD Gallery is awesome, we have some super talented ladies on board! But the site is worth my $25, with or without the DD! So YES, I support whatever you have to do to keep the playgroung running smooth! The gallery is very slow and yes I have high speed internet. So again, thanks for a great site---keep up the good work!!
cindy
Old 09-30-2005, 07:38 AM   #1333
Kookie Creator

Thumbs up

I am a fan club member and the slow responses are very frustrating. I have stopped coming to the galley because of them.
If I had a choice I would opt for paid subscription for MEMBER galleries also. After, all, if you had your own website or use the SU website to store your pictures on - you have to pay right?
Here you get so much more for your money.
Old 09-30-2005, 07:45 AM   #1334
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carolanndavis
Hello I have been visiting the free site for some time as to I just do not have the money to pay 25.00 plus a year to view the site. I understand when you want to provide the best information as to that is the part I love about the Splitcoast site in general is that the information that we can share and find is Great. I understand that the soft ware costs and that you need to be able to keep it going so if this has to be the last time I come here so be it as it is not your fault as to you have costs to cover too so I hope it works well for you and may be some day I will be able to pay but til them keep up the Great job you are doing with this site. Carol
Just to clarify, this is only temporary and will be back up as unpaid in November. Check out the entire note from Daven and read it all the way through. And this little clarification from jbalcer:

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbalcer
The only part of the website that will be completely unavailable to non-Fan Club members is uploads, and that will be back as soon as the improvements are complete, hopefully November 1.

All other parts will be available, though they will need to be accessed via the search function, and not going straight to the A-Z gallery.
Old 09-30-2005, 07:47 AM   #1335
Pearl-ExPert

Smile under construction zone

No one is losing access to the Gallery. The Gallery side needs to undergo an under-construction time period of *at least* 1 month to tweak the software, etc. The only 2 major noticeable changes during construction season are:
  • restricted view of the Gallery - non-Fan Clubbers will have access to the Members Gallery and the Techniques Gallery. You *will* be able to search within those 2 galleries for a set or theme or technique.
  • only Fan Club members will be able to upload photos *during construction time*
After "construction season" = Back to normal *with* a better Gallery for the heavy traffic. (That's the plan. )

It's NOT about the money; it's about the current Gallery software not being able to handle the amount of traffic and needing to upgrade it for a short period of time. Here's a quote from Daven (read the full post on the first page...post #1).

Quote:

Originally Posted by splitcoaststampers
Is this change permanent?
The gallery will be free and open to all again, once our software and servers are able to handle the traffic load. The Fan Club galleries will always remain part of the benefit for paying members.
Hope this helps a few.

Want to join the SCS Fan Club?
Old 09-30-2005, 07:48 AM   #1336
Pearl-ExPert

Hehehe...Martha.... JINX!!!

Old 09-30-2005, 08:18 AM   #1337
Rubber Obsessor

Smile Paying for SCS

I totally understand the reasoning and I am willing to join ~~~ where else can I go and get GREAT ideas!!! I don't know how you ALL do it, but the creativity is amazing!! Thank you for a GREAT site and for all your hard work and dedication
Old 09-30-2005, 08:23 AM   #1338
Cardstock Collector

Default VERY BUMMED

I only just learned about this website last week and now find out it is going away!! Please don't! I understand that it is slow, but what an awesome website you have here!! Please don't limit it to paying people only!!
Old 09-30-2005, 08:36 AM   #1339
Pearl-ExPert

Talking Welcome! Fear not!

Quote:

Originally Posted by fab5migs
I only just learned about this website last week and now find out it is going away!! Please don't! I understand that it is slow, but what an awesome website you have here!! Please don't limit it to paying people only!!
Hi & WelCOmE!!!

Please read my post just a couple above yours. It's not going away...and it WON'T be limited to paying Fan Club members.

Quote:

Originally Posted by splitcoaststampers
Is this change permanent?
The gallery will be free and open to all again, once our software and servers are able to handle the traffic load. The Fan Club galleries will always remain part of the benefit for paying members.
Hope this helps calm some of your fears.

Old 09-30-2005, 10:30 AM   #1340
Stampin' Fool

I was given the wonderful gift of a subscription from my mom (I think she was sick of hearing me whine!) I never would have been able to spend the money myself. Now that I have seen what I was missing I started to save my pennies! lol I am no way letting my sub run out! Awesome work ladies!
Daven and all in charge,
thank you for all the hard work you do. I am in a very tight spot money wise and rely on this site for inspiration and help in my demoing... I put all my extra money right back into my inventory and I will for now on consider this site part of my inventory! I was gifted 2 magazine subscriptions but this is much more valuable! I truly appreciate all your work!
Signed,
a new faithful paid member
Old 09-30-2005, 11:52 AM   #1341
Embossing Fanatic

This is a great site, and I'm more than willing to contribute a little in order for it to continue to be free for others. May your work on the gallery run smoothly and quickly so that everyone will be able to access it once again (but with fewer headaches, of course).

Ann (first post, aren't you proud?)
Old 09-30-2005, 03:37 PM   #1342
Pearl-ExPert

Smile

This website is the best ever!!!! I had no idea it was so easy to join the fan club (I just did it successfully!). It is well worth the money. I think your proposal is very reasonable. I have gotten so many amazing ideas and so much joy from perusing this site. Thank you to the wonderful artists who share their talent and their ideas and to all of you who work so hard to keep the site running smoothly.
Old 09-30-2005, 04:13 PM   #1343
Glitter Queen

If I were to become a Fan Club member would I be required to post card samples?? Right now I access this AWESOME sight for ideas, but because of the changes I was wondering if I should become a Fan Club member so I can still access all the wonderful cards. Thank you. Shelley
Old 09-30-2005, 04:45 PM   #1344
Mad Swapper

Shelley,

There is no obligation to post samples of anything, though people love to see what other people are doing.
Old 09-30-2005, 05:45 PM   #1345
Postapalooza Mama

Quote:

Originally Posted by lmwjbw
This is a great site, and I'm more than willing to contribute a little in order for it to continue to be free for others. May your work on the gallery run smoothly and quickly so that everyone will be able to access it once again (but with fewer headaches, of course).

Ann (first post, aren't you proud?)
Yes, indeed!!
Old 09-30-2005, 06:35 PM   #1346
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carolanndavis
The only thing that will be different is that the gallery will be not searchable by ABC set order and no uploads to non-members for the month of October. After that all will be back to business (FREE) as usual but the gallery will not hang up or crash! It will not be a necessary thing to be a paid member to view the gallery at any time. You will just have to go in a different way (by members gallery or search) until the upgrades are finished. There is no need for anyone to leave. Unless they do not like our company.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bubbinca
I think it would be a good idea to restrict the uploads. Maybe allow them to stay for 6 months or so and then they are automatically deleted. These stamping fads come and go and tastes change. There is no reason to waste so much space on things that are out of date.

I do not mind paying to visit site. You are great!.....thanks.....Sharen
Fads do come and go and come again. I would hate for all of the old ones to be deleted. I am still trying to learn some of those.
Debbi~SU Demo~SCS#6378
~My Gallery~My SUO Blog~
Mother to 6 and Grandmother to Katie- 7/31/09 & Kyle-12/6/12

Old 09-30-2005, 08:20 PM   #1347
Cardstock Collector

I have just recently discovered this website and am addicted! I would gladly pay for a membership. My question is, what happens when all us addicts ante up and say we're in(joining the fan club), and there is still the congestion problems with the site. I hate to be the negative one, but has that thought been considered? I thank everyone for all their creativity and hard work to make this site as great as it is! Do what you've gotta do.
Old 09-30-2005, 09:04 PM   #1348
Compulsive Stamper

I would be sad to lose the gallery, it wouldn't really be worth coming if I could not access the gallery. However, I am putting quite a bit out already money wise with SU! as it is so I most likely wouldn't pay the fee. I would just find the sites that are free.
Old 09-30-2005, 09:11 PM   #1349
Postapalooza Mama

Quote:

Originally Posted by utahstamper
I would be sad to lose the gallery, it wouldn't really be worth coming if I could not access the gallery. However, I am putting quite a bit out already money wise with SU! as it is so I most likely wouldn't pay the fee. I would just find the sites that are free.
Lynette,
SCS is not going to be a "paid only" site. That isn't Daven's inten-
tion at all. You will still have access to the Member's gallery during
October, while the server is being upgraded. The only thing you
won't be able to view during that time is the alphabetical listing of
all the SU sets. You can even still get to them by doing a Search
from the Member's gallery.
Old 10-01-2005, 04:29 AM   #1350
Gabfest Goddess

Where else can you have access to almost 300 new card ideas every day?

Where else can you ask a question and have it answered quickly?

Where else can you find a wealth of information on techniques and if it isnt here, you just ask?

Where can you be challenged every day to stretch your imagination with daily challenges?

Where can you find new friends to correspond and share with?

Where else can you pop on any time of the day and laugh, cry, be inspired, and entertained all at the same time?

There isnt any magazine, book, website, tv show or any other resource around that can do this for you but SCS. This is the best $20 I ever spent on stamping( I joined shortly after I registered the end of March 2005) and it will be the best $24.95 you will ever spend and you will get much more than your money's worth. I certainly have and I have only been coming here six months.

Thanks so much for all that you do to keep this site going.
Old 10-01-2005, 05:50 AM   #1351
Rubber Obsessor

Question fan or no fan

I belive that charging will hurt the page for we already pay for internet and almost everything we do i gusee thats why many have computers wwhere we can come and do things for free. Please keep in mind we do love the site but i do have to buy my stamps and im not sure how you can charge people to look at stamp in up creations if it were not for them im not sure how special the site would be cause we do have hero art, stampedous as well as many others, but this may just be a fad and if another web site comes along with something else where will this site be? I just think it is a bad idea to charge just upgrade the site. is all im asking and im sure others feel this way just wont say anything .
thanks for reading
Old 10-01-2005, 06:09 AM   #1352
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by vali
I belive that charging will hurt the page for we already pay for internet and almost everything we do i gusee thats why many have computers wwhere we can come and do things for free. Please keep in mind we do love the site but i do have to buy my stamps and im not sure how you can charge people to look at stamp in up creations if it were not for them im not sure how special the site would be cause we do have hero art, stampedous as well as many others, but this may just be a fad and if another web site comes along with something else where will this site be? I just think it is a bad idea to charge just upgrade the site. is all im asking and im sure others feel this way just wont say anything .
thanks for reading
Vali, please read the original post to this thread. No one is being charged to look at the gallery. TEMPORARILY, while the upgrades are being completed, only Fan Club members will be able to upload new creations. You can still see everything by going to the member galleries, which contain virtually all of the images that are in the alphabetical stamp set listings because they are automatically added to member galleries during the upload process.

Daven has said NUMEROUS times that he wants SCS to remain a free site, and everything will be back to normal after they finish upgrading the gallery server. What Fan Club members are paying for with their $24.95 donation is simply to support this site, which is VERY expensive to keep up and running! Access to the special Dirty Dozen gallery is just a thank-you for helping keep SCS such an awesome online place to be! Asking for money from SU! is unfortunately not an option, because then all non-SU! content would be restricted.

My Stampin' Up! blog
"I'm a time traveler -- I point and laugh at archaeologists." 10th Doctor, "Silence in the Library"
Old 10-01-2005, 06:29 AM   #1353
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

thanks for reading
I 100% agree, however I understand the changes/costs. I just became a new SU DEMO and recently came here maybe a little over a month ago or so..... and this truly is the best site for artwork. I still have lots to purchase from SU to conduct my business and yes I too pay for the internet monthly and I can't become a member of the "FAN CLUB" I enjoy all the forums (which i hope stay free) but I truly enjoy the artwork and now I feel that I'm being punished for not being able to pay. I've been on the net for over 10 years and never ever have I been asked or has it been suggested to pay to join some website or just to view artwork. Yes, I purchase every stamping/papercraft magazine in the world, so some could say "i'm paying to view that artwork" - - true, however I don't buy them all at once....$4.95 here, $6.95 there. My point being is I can't afford another monthly bill.

I wil continue to come here to learn from the SU DEMO's who are pros and glean whatever information I can from them and I thank you all in advance. But I can't pay.....sorry. I understand the costs and the staff, however, I truly cannot pay to view artwork or be part of some "club"

PS - - I'm confused on something, I've seen a $20.00 figure thrown around, I've seen a $24.95 figure thrown around and I've read about a six month payment, but haven't heard what that is? I'm just curious why I'm reading different payment amounts?

JMHO

Judy
Old 10-01-2005, 06:48 AM   #1354
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by sharingmyartwork49
I 100% agree, however I understand the changes/costs. I just became a new SU DEMO and recently came here maybe a little over a month ago or so..... and this truly is the best site for artwork. I still have lots to purchase from SU to conduct my business and yes I too pay for the internet monthly and I can't become a member of the "FAN CLUB" I enjoy all the forums (which i hope stay free) but I truly enjoy the artwork and now I feel that I'm being punished for not being able to pay. I've been on the net for over 10 years and never ever have I been asked or has it been suggested to pay to join some website or just to view artwork. Yes, I purchase every stamping/papercraft magazine in the world, so some could say "i'm paying to view that artwork" - - true, however I don't buy them all at once....$4.95 here, $6.95 there. My point being is I can't afford another monthly bill.

I wil continue to come here to learn from the SU DEMO's who are pros and glean whatever information I can from them and I thank you all in advance. But I can't pay.....sorry. I understand the costs and the staff, however, I truly cannot pay to view artwork or be part of some "club"

PS - - I'm confused on something, I've seen a $20.00 figure thrown around, I've seen a $24.95 figure thrown around and I've read about a six month payment, but haven't heard what that is? I'm just curious why I'm reading different payment amounts?

JMHO

Judy

Vali is mistaken -- please read the original post, and my response to it located directly above your post. As far as the different amounts, $20 was the original Fan Club membership amount. Earlier this year it went up to $24.95, and the ones who are talking about $20 were probably members who signed up before the increase. I wouldn't worry about it going up again anytime soon, though!

My Stampin' Up! blog
"I'm a time traveler -- I point and laugh at archaeologists." 10th Doctor, "Silence in the Library"
Old 10-01-2005, 06:51 AM   #1355
Cardstock Collector

I can't find where to click to join on the Fan Club page. Also can't seem to access a way to ask a question on the Contact page. Is everything down for a while? Trying to join Fan Club
Old 10-01-2005, 07:17 AM   #1356
Pearl-ExPert

Smile

Quote:

Originally Posted by ckernodle
I can't find where to click to join on the Fan Club page. Also can't seem to access a way to ask a question on the Contact page. Is everything down for a while? Trying to join Fan Club
If you go to the homepage, //www.splitcoaststampers.com , on the top left you will see a short paragraph about the Fan Club which takes you to this; the Fan Club Info page.

(You may also access the payment options via your user cp (top left of *this* page) and look on the left hand side towards the bottom for Paid Subscriptions.)

Hope this helps.

P.S. These Gallery viewing limitations for us who are not Fan Club members are only temporary & everything will be re-opened to everyone after software construction time is over. This site will remain FREE to all.

Old 10-01-2005, 07:27 AM   #1357
Pearl-ExPert

I don't know about you guys but I think I'm already addicted to the faster speed! Check it out, if you can.

Where did my bathroom breaks go?

Last edited by Amy05; 10-01-2005 at 08:01 AM..
Old 10-01-2005, 07:41 AM   #1358
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by sharingmyartwork49

JMHO

Judy
Judy - I'm truly sorry you feel punished - that was never Daven's intent and I think it's due to a misunderstanding. No one is asking you to pay to view the artwork here. There will be a TEMPORARY detour in how you acess the gallery during construction if you are not a Fan Club member. The people who have become Fan Club members have done so because we love SCS and feel that we gleen valuable info here as well as an incredible sense of community - we made a donation to help support this fabulous place. We understand that not everyone can afford to do so and that's fine. Just to clarify though for those considering it - it would not be "another monthly bill" as you mentioned. You have the choice of paying $24.95 for a one year membership or *I think* it's $14.95 for a 6 month membership. Please please go back and read Daven's original post again. You are completely entitled to your opinion, but I hate to see hurt/bad feelings due to a simple misunderstanding.

Old 10-01-2005, 07:59 AM   #1359
Hardware Hotshot

Default what the benefits to being a fan club member?

I completely trust Daven and Tracy's decisions regarding this site. They developed it and have created a wonderful resource for us.

I've been a fan club member for awhile now. Besides having access to the Dirty Dozen galleries are there any other benefits strictly for fan club members?

I don't mind supporting the site with a membership fee of $20, $25, etc. but I'd like to feel that by doing so I'm granted special access and privileges above and beyond those who use the site for free. I guess I want to feel I'm getting something for my money. I know it takes time and financial resources to maintain such a great site as SCS. I fully expect to share in the costs. Lately with the gallery being so slow I questioned whether or not it is really worth paying the membership fee. Just my thoughts.

Thanks for asking for our opinions!
Old 10-01-2005, 09:23 AM   #1360
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Quote:

thanks for reading
At risk of repeating myself for a number of times, please read:

Quote:

Originally Posted by JulieHRR
Quote:

Originally Posted by JulieHRR
Quote:

What is going on with the gallery?
Our gallery servers CANNOT handle the tremendous flow of traffic from unregistered visitors, Fan Club members, and non-Fan Club members alike. The gallery is therefore rendered useless to everybody.

Why is gallery access going to change in October?
SCS wishes to make sure FC Members that have paid to support the site receive a quality gallery experience. Why? Because without their support, this site would cease to exist!!!

Daven has no "desirable" options. It just is what it is: too much traffic for the servers to handle. WITHOUT A MAJOR OVERHAUL, WE WILL ALL LOSE THE GALLERY ENTIRELY. IT IS ALREADY LIMPING VERY BADLY!!!!

So, TEMPORARILY, until quality gallery speed can be restored for EVERYBODY that uses this site, he is going to restrict the flow to the galleries for Non FC Members to 2 routes: Member Galleries and Techniques Galleries, and no uploads.

WHY? Because the % of SCS users that are FC Members is relatively small in comparison to Non FC Members. This means: Non-FC Members are the BULK of the heavy traffic.

What is this Fan Club you speak of constantly?
Check out the Fan Club page for more information.

The only EXTRA perk FC Members have at this site is a special gallery called the Dirty Dozen/Fan Club Gallery. It is a thank-you gift to them for supporting the site. It's not "the reason" they donate.

How much is the Fan Club subscription?
- $14.95/6 months
- $24.95/12 months

Why not get more/bigger ads to cover the cost of the beefier servers needed?
The ads running through here do not cover all the expenditures, and this is why support from our members is so much appreciated to help defray the costs that income from the ads do not cover.

How long will this last?
Daven is anticipating a ONE MONTH restricted access to the galleries for Non FC folks who access the site.

Restricted access means that if you are not a Fan Club member,
- you will have the forums
- you will have your member gallery
- you will have your favorites
- you will still see the tutorials and the resource gallery
- you will be able to search by set
- you will not be able to upload *while improvements are made*
- you will not see the A-Z gallery listings *while improvements are made*

EVERYBODY will be able to share their creations and to see ALL the A-Z galleries, etc. via EVERY route after these improvements are made.
Closed Thread