Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2005, 02:33 PM   #1001
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via Skype™ to nadine529
Default Sometimes you gotta do, whatcha gotta do...

Wow, I don't know how I missed this thread!!! Many times I have asked myself, "How are they doing it? How are they maintaining this site and all of its facets, for free????"

I think this temporary solution is just necessary. And if it wasn't temporary, I'd still have no problem paying to be a member. I was a member of another site that charged me $40/year to be a member and didn't offer a tenth of what this site offers its viewers/members.

I am already a fan club member, and will continue to be as long as SCS is around.

I wish Daven & Tracy were making some bucks from the blood, sweat & tears poured into this site. I honestly don't know how they do it, or how the moderators find the amount of time to be on here!

Cheers to you all!

C'est moi, c'est tout.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 09-25-2005, 02:34 PM   #1002
Embossing Fanatic

Smile fee

I'm not sure that there are any "free" sites anyway. I will certainly send in my $25 asap! This site is just so awesome! I always tell my customers about this site and now I will let them know that if they wish to join, their money is well spent. I'm sure to have positive responses. You all really have heart and I know this was such a huge quandry for you. I think it says alot that you even considered our input. Thanks for all you do and good luck!
Old 09-25-2005, 02:44 PM   #1003
Polyshrink Goddess

Thumbs up oh sooooooo worth it!

Really $24.95 is nothing when you compare it to all the great ideas, the help and the chit chat that goes on at scs...a magazine doesn't give you feed back!

I had tried to join the Fan Club a couple of weeks ago, but the paypal site was taking to long and well i had to shut down...but I am happy to say that I am now a FAN CLUB member, as of 5 minutes ago. YAHOO!

Just think of all those crazy magazines you buy at the checkout line...ya know they are way more than $2 a month.

I think this site is worth every penny and more.

THANKS SCS.

Yurts-N-Dogs(Our Family Blog)
avatar: My 7 year old Twin Boys', Keegan & Rohnan
Old 09-25-2005, 02:51 PM   #1004
Cardstock Collector

Smile

I have gotten $20 worth of information from your wonderful site!!
I see no reason not to charge for the great work you do.
Old 09-25-2005, 02:54 PM   #1005
Matboard Maniac

For stamping, this is the most inspirational, creative, organized site around...IMHO. I just renewed my membership at $25, and I still think that's a bargain for the amount of time,$, and energy that must go into maintaining and expanding SCS. I lOVE this site and have cancelled most of my magazine subscriptions because SCS is much more accessible, up to date, and CREATIVE! I fully support your decision to charge and I can't wait to have a quicker gallery!!! Thanks for all you do!
Old 09-25-2005, 03:20 PM   #1006
Rubber Obsessor

Talking Gallery changes

I, for one, am happy to pay for access to this wonderful site. I was a lurker for most of my first year here. I am a bit overwhelmed by all the technology(like uploads,favs and paypal). Once I got past the "wall" I joined.

Thank you, Thank you, thank you,

D
Old 09-25-2005, 04:01 PM   #1007
Stazon Splitcoast

Hey, I am so NOT a computer person, but I'm wondering...could the sudden burst of activity with animated smileys and avatars be slowing us down? No offense to those who use them, they are very entertaining, just wondering.

.* .*))
-::-
((.*~
Beth.*))
-::- ((.* .*((.. *-::- ...

I'm always up to Something...
My Daughter is up to stuff too!
Old 09-25-2005, 04:18 PM   #1008
Watercolor Wizard

Default Avatar?

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMDMom
Hey, I am so NOT a computer person, but I'm wondering...could the sudden burst of activity with animated smileys and avatars be slowing us down? No offense to those who use them, they are very entertaining, just wondering.

That's the second time I've seen the word avatar in this thread. What is that?
Old 09-25-2005, 04:22 PM   #1009
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMDMom
Beth in the site suggestions forum this was asked and answered. I did a copy/paste from Daven's answer somewhere on this thread.

Old 09-25-2005, 04:24 PM   #1010
Stazon Splitcoast

found it

Quote:

thanks for the question. in general, flashy avatars, long signatures and the like *will* cause pages to load more slowly. that's one of the reasons we limit avatar sizes and discourage long signatures.

our specific situation though (slow gallery) is much more related to limitations with the software that runs the gallery, the computer it runs on, and what happens when lots of people are accessing the gallery at the same time.

other people have made the highway analogy, and the effects of more people traveling a road than what the road was built to handle. in this scenario you might associate avatars/signatures with the amount of "stuff" I have in the back of my car. the fact that I brought more stuff with me makes my car heavier and perhaps it contributes in some small way to wear and tear on the roads, but doesn't have a primary impact on the flow of traffic.

that's my attempt at a simple explanation, hope that helps!

Old 09-25-2005, 04:28 PM   #1011
PAPER SCAPER

Quote:

Originally Posted by lynnewithane
That's the second time I've seen the word avatar in this thread. What is that?
That's the pictues and moving objects under your name to the left of a this post box.
Old 09-25-2005, 04:44 PM   #1012
Compulsive Stamper

Thumbs up

I will pay for use of this wonderful sight, without a second thought. I wouldn't be a demonstrator today if it weren't for this site. This site was the encouragement I needed to take that leap and sign up as a demo. I have often wondered how such a great resource could be offered at no cost. I will be joining the fan club and will be encouraging my customers who use SCS to do the same. Thanks to all for all that you do.
Old 09-25-2005, 04:56 PM   #1013
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

You have the greatest site ~ I have been hanging around for about 4 months now and just paid my (long overdue...) dues today. I actually didn't realize that there was a paying option for awhile, because so much neat information is available free and I wasn't running into road blocks for members only. If you let people access the gallery, but couldn't click onto the picture and get the recipe info, and also kept the technique tutorials and email priveleges for members only (maybe leave access to one tutorial and full access with recipe info to a small gallery to "bait" nonmembers) you would get people signing up in a hurry! I applaud the change so that we can download pictures and pages more rapidly, but also know that many people who may add to our creative community are on a very limited budget. So, I would favor having full access to full members only, but allowing limited access to bait those who can pay...!
Zephaniah 3:17
Old 09-25-2005, 05:14 PM   #1014
Matboard Maniac

Default Mixed emotions

I have mixed emotions about the idea. From what I read, I am sure it won't make much of a difference since my opinion seems to be a minority, but I would really love to not have to pay. I am mostly a hobby demonstrator and having access to this site has helped me grow and learn so many new things. No, the $20 fee is not a lot and I totally understand the reasoning behind it, but I really appreciate being able to learn so much and not have to worry about paying. Anything you can work out to keep some options available to us who are already struggling to keep our businesses alive would really be appreciated!! We love what you do! Keep up the good work.
Kriste
Old 09-25-2005, 05:17 PM   #1015
Rubber Obsessor

Thumbs up Changes

I'm excited that you will be upgrading the server and all the plans you have in mind. I'm will to pay for this convenience because this is such a wonderful website and there is so much information. I know that there is a lot involved with maintaining a website and I look forward to all the new exciting options we viewers will have in the near future.
Thanks for letting us give input.
Theresa Leonard
Old 09-25-2005, 06:54 PM   #1016
Embossing Fanatic

Thumbs up Charge for SCS site.

I believe this site and the people who work so hard to provide and maintain it should be supported by the many people who use and enjoy it. A charge should not be out of the question for the site's use if it will help with the maintenance, etc. of the site. Thank you so very much to all the people who are providing this site, it is truly very much appreciated.

Tuffy
Old 09-25-2005, 07:15 PM   #1017
Mad Swapper

Don't really have anything to add to the discussion which hasn't already been typed. At first I was a little "bummed" (Not the right word) about it, but then I got to think about just how much work and money goes into this site and started to wonder why it has not happened earlier.
Old 09-25-2005, 07:20 PM   #1018
Embossing Fanatic

AAAHHHH!!!!!! Sorry I decided to pull the original message.

Last edited by asandgren2; 09-25-2005 at 07:38 PM..
Old 09-25-2005, 07:28 PM   #1019
Stazon Splitcoast

Once again I am asking that all of you please READ the original post, quoted below. It is not turning into a fee based site, just limited access temporarily for those who have chosen not to donate to SCS. SCS is not a Stampin' Up! company or affiliate. Stampin' Up! does not pay for any part of SCS. Again the non-paying folks will have access to the member galleries and techniques gallery and the forums. They will not be able to upload temporarily, and when all of the upgrades are in place then the site will be back to free for all. As a special 'Thank You' to those who choose to donate and help support this online community, there is a special Dirty Dozen Design gallery as a perk or thanks for helping SCS.
This was not a way for anyone to get rich quick. Please take the time to read the orginal post every word of it. Please.

Quote:

Originally Posted by splitcoaststampers
On October 1, SCS will begin restricting most gallery access to Fan Club members only.

Free access to the Splitcoast galleries will be restored once gallery-related traffic issues are resolved.

For the entire story, see our announcment on the home page or read it here:
gallery announcement

For complete Fan Club information, look here:
Fan Club page

We want to know your thoughts, discuss below!

Answers to some questions

How much is a Fan Club subscription?
Fan Club subscriptions increased slightly this year, to $25 for 12 months.

Will non-paying members lose all access to the gallery?
Non-paying members will still have access to Member Galleries and Technique Spotlight galleries.

Is this change permanent?
The gallery will be free and open to all again, once our software and servers are able to handle the traffic load. The Fan Club galleries will always remain part of the benefit for paying members.

Are you making this change for financial reasons?
No. We hate it for financial reasons! We hate the fact that anyone might consider leaving us because they don't wish to pay a fee to access the gallery.

We're making the change for two reasons. First, it's not fair to our paying members that they pay for an inferior experience. Second, our servers and software are unable to handle our current traffic load. The only way the gallery can remain functional is to reduce the load until we can get further improvements in place.

10:30 AM (pacific) Friday, 11/23

Lot's of great feedback, thanks everyone. For all the incredibly kind words too. Wow! Thank you so much.

Please, be extra tolerant with negative reactions to this announcement. I asked for feedback and it's important to hear from those who have reservations about it.

Many of the posts so far relate to the financial impact of this announcement. There's no question that we will gain more paid members, at least in the short term, as a result of restricting access to much of the gallery.

For the long term health of the Splitcoast community, however, I believe that the best course of action is to remain a free site. We'll restrict the gallery for only as long as it takes to address our traffic problems.

I'm getting a slew of e-mail with questions about the Fan Club, and won't be able to respond to most of them in a timely fashion. Your best source of Fan Club information is here:
Fan Club page

More Questions & Answers

What about free trial memberships?
Any trial membership system could easily be skirted by re-joining the site with a new username. We don't want to create a negative incentive for "counterfeit" usernames.

What about a tiered membership system?
I prefer simplicity whenever possible and tiered memberships create complications for you and also for us.

What about partial-year memberships?
We will do partial-year Fan Club memberships, look for this very soon.

What if we trimmed down the number of uploads or restricted uploads in some way?
Uploads and file size are not contributing in a meaningful way to the performance issues that we're experiencing in the gallery. We will probably never need to place limits on the amount of items you upload.

Why do uploads have to be restricted for non-Fan Club members?
Since Member Galleries and Technique Spotlight are the only galleries that non-Fan Club members will see, they also won't be able to upload to other categories. Keeping the gallery organized requires us to keep uploads categorized properly and it would be difficult to do this with uploads from non-Fan Club members.

Old 09-25-2005, 07:31 PM   #1020
Inking Addict

Thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by asandgren2
AAAHHHH!!!!!! I can't believe this thread! It's just frustrating to hear that not many people seem to care about having to pay for this site. I realize that it costs money, etc. Yada Yada Yada! My husband owns his own business and he always says, "You have to spend money to make money". SCS has a store and other ways of making money. We are paying for ideas that are given to SCS for free. They would not exist without our ideas! The same goes for the scrapbook magazines. They are making a lot of money off of the people who send in ideas to be published. It's not jealousy, because it's great that someone thought of it, but it's tough to pay such high prices for colored, shiny paper and it will be even more difficult to pay for a website considering we had to buy the computer, maintain it and pay for the internet. My sister works for an advertising company and she tells us about all of the perks she receives. It frustrates me when she tells us how much each company is willing to spend so that her company will handle their advertising. ($400 bottles of wine, dinner and other items too numerous to mention - we are a wasteful society)

So, I don't think it's a good idea to charge for the SCS site. Like I stated before, we pay for the internet access, etc. Also, some of us are just little cogs in the SU! wheel.

I am sure that I will receive some nasty replies, but oh well. Sometimes, the little cogs need to be heard too. I feel bad for the person who felt like a second class citizen. I am sorry that you have been verbally attacked.
Well we seem the to be the rare hear but i agree with you and would not
condemnyou !
Old 09-25-2005, 07:35 PM   #1021
Stazon Splitcoast

No one at SCS is getting any perks or freebies from advertisers. sorry but it just isn't that way here.

Old 09-25-2005, 07:40 PM   #1022
Matboard Maniac

Cool

I'm totally cool with it! I'd rather pay a yearly subscription to SCS than to Creating Keepsakes Magazine! More to see and learn without all the advertisements!!!

Dawn
Old 09-25-2005, 07:54 PM   #1023
Polyshrink Goddess

Default I'm already a member & if you need to

charge to see the galleries, $24.95 is a meager price for a treasure chest of information. I use your galleries ALL the time in prepping for a demo as I don't have a real active upline that trains me. I LOVE all the ideas I glean here, including Beate's technique resources. I have truly learned SO much here the last year and 3 months I've been here.

I actually now look like I know what I'm doing, (*wink*) thanks to SCS and all the wonderful people here.

Thanks for all the hard work you do, Daven and everybody else. My subscription fee is worth is't weight in gold. I was given a gift subscription to Creative Keepsakes & Paper Crafts and I must say, I don't receive nearly the inspiration from those two publications as I do here.

KUDOS for a job well done!
Cindy
Old 09-25-2005, 08:09 PM   #1024
Say Cheese!!

Default Ok--- here goes nothing....

I thought I had to get my 2 cents in.. everyone else has. This Thread has almost turned in to something that belongs in the Current Events area's Dark Sides...it's like a car crash, when I see it listed.... I don't really want to look... but I have to...

It makes me soo sad when I read such negative things from people about a site that gives so much basically --unconditionally.Although I know they are entitled to their own opinion-- that what this thread was started for... I am guessing....

I read and understood the TEMP part... then I thought.. U know.. that should be PERMANENT, ACTUALLY.

I have been in IT for 15 years (I work as a PC Tech for 2 different companies right now) so I understand the "problems" "upgrades" "hardware" etc.

I understand the time and effort something like this would take from my REAL friends, family and general LIFE if I were to have a web site of this magnitude, not to mention if I had ANOTHER REAL JOB on top of this HOBBY.

I also understand the $$ that these things may/DO cost.

I understand what this site has done for me in the short time I have been a member... (I signed up the first day I found this site) I am an SU demo.

I understand that if I have a problem (ON ANYTHING...FROM COOKING, TO HEALTH, TO IDEAS, TO HOME IMPROVEMENT, TO HURRICANES, TO SPORTS, TO RAISING KIDS, TO PETS, TO LOOSING WEIGHT, NOT TO MENTION STAMPIN' UP!) and post a question...I can bet I will have some kind of answer in less than 30 minutes of posting. (unless of course I KILL THE THREAD) Then I run to my Thread Killers Area and Pout for a while...

I understand when I need ideas, when I am feeling less than creative, a couple clicks to the gallery and I am fine again...

I Love my SCS T-shirt I have Purchased from HERE. <---Just thought I would throw that in....LOL!!

I understand that when I am viewing this page... almost the best part is that I AM NOT FORCED TO LOOK AT POPUPS, ADDS, OR ANYTHING ANNOYING WHILE I AM VIEWING THE GALLERY OR ANYWHERE ELSE HERE.
I see adds and things related to stamping... SMALL ADDS...and I do click on a few... However, I DO NOT HAVE TO...

I understand that some of you may get mad and leave...and then we can never share ideas or bounce creative ideas off one another again.

I understand that this website is the most visited website that I have in my IE History on any one of my computers...BY FAR...since I have joined up.

I understand there is no other web site out there in the universe--- THIS detailed on SU. (that includes the SU website)

anyway I could ramble on and on...But I will save you that...

What I would like to see in the future is this: (because --I can post my feelings...here at this site...)

You do pay to have wonderful access to EVERYTHING.

If you don't pay you can have access to the free stuff.

If you don't pay you have a limited area where you can upload if you want to share..but paying members is still unlimited.

When I want to upload a card it doesn't take 10 minutes.

When I want to comment on someone's work it doesn't take 3 browsers open and 15 minutes each.

To make this site the best it can be --growing even bigger into the future, maybe Daven & Tracy wouldn't have to work somewhere else and THIS could be what they do... Since they obviously do a great job now. (And anyone else in the Background)
Speaking of people in the background helping this site.. do you thing Jenn & Beate sit for hours and hours approving/renaming/moving our pictures because they have nothing better to do with their time? ( Like today for instance) -----
I can only hope that they are being compensated in some way, shape or form, for their time, help and compassion for us that need them.
That , my friends, is where the yearly fee that we would pay woud go! If they would happen to get enough money to buy 3 BMW's and a Jaguar AND a HUMMER.... YAY!!!!!
Who's Idea was this?? Who designed this site? Who has spent an ungodly amount of LATENIGHT/EARLYMORNING HOURS working on this site...it should be The American DREAM! WOOOOO-HOOOOOOOO!

If you like what you do-- you will never work another day in your Life!

Ok, I am finished now...I just had to post...stopping myself several times since it first appeared.
Everyone else was giving their opinions... I had to as well.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA I couldn't BEAR to read another NEGATIVE POST ABOUT HAVING TO PAY T-E-M-P-O-R-A-R-I-L-Y ..............JMHO

*Back to my happy places now...*

Last edited by LateNightScrappin; 09-25-2005 at 08:56 PM.. Reason: typos...Sorry TRACY
Old 09-25-2005, 08:15 PM   #1025
This reminds me of a Star Trek episode....

Quote:

Originally Posted by latenightscrappin
To make this site the best it can be --growing even bigger into the future, maybe Daven & Tammy wouldn't have to work somewhere else and THIS could be what they do... Since they obviously do a great job now.
I sure hope Tracy doesn't read this far, she might be wondering who Tammy is.

LOL

(Just kidding!!!!)

"Fun must be always." - Tomas Hertl, San Jose Sharks
"It was fun." - Kirk, Star Trek: Generations
Old 09-25-2005, 08:20 PM   #1026
Say Cheese!!

Default *Schew* thanks...Stampin Wrose

Sorry TRACY.. see how I get when I get worked up?? LOL

I have no idea what I was thinking... LOL!!

Last edited by LateNightScrappin; 09-26-2005 at 07:10 AM..
Old 09-25-2005, 08:35 PM   #1027
Stazon Splitcoast

[QUOTE=asandgren2]AAAHHHH!!!!!! Sorry I decided to pull the original message.[/QUOTE]

To late.

This is a temperary situation, although I think a fee should be charged. In any event nonpaying users would still have access to the forums, viewing the gallery and techniques. That is a lot of free stuff.

You haven't been around SCS long enough to have felt the growing pains so as a newbie you might consider listening to the wisdom of the oldtimers. Most of the oldtimers think this is a good idea because of the slowness of the present gallery.

I know Daven didn't realize when he told his wife that he could fix up a web page for her that in just a few years they would have 56,000 members. I joined in August of 2004 and am member # 11719, see the 1 year growth. We can't expect Daven & Tracy to foot the bill for our pleasure & learning.

I don't know what kind of business your DH has, yes it is wise to spend money to make money, well the demos on this site need to spend $24.95 per year to help them make money. Everyone that can afford a costly hobby like stamping can afford $24.95 per year.

This site is a bargin at $24.95. We don't get the store rammed down our throat and the fan club has been an option. Ads are everywhere asking for our money, SCS has been very lowkey in that department.

SCS has been a gift to us now we need to give in return.

I wore Red Panties, now I wear white!!
Don't mess with Old People!
Old 09-25-2005, 08:41 PM   #1028
Postapalooza Mama

THANKS, CAROL!!
Old 09-25-2005, 09:49 PM   #1029
Crimping Master

I'll pay for it, no questions asked. I love this site, and all it has to offer. ESPECIALLY the gallery and the tutorials! Well worth MORE than $20 a year!!!
~Donna
Old 09-26-2005, 01:35 AM   #1030
Matboard Maniac

Thumbs up Fees

I am fine with the fees will sign up as a fan come friday. I would not servive as a su demo if I didn't have the ideas and whatnot on scs!!! I make plenty off my workshops that I can afford to contribute. I think even if I didn't make money, I would just have to find a way. I too have never found a site at all like this!!! Love what you guys do and THANKS!!!!!
Old 09-26-2005, 03:30 AM   #1031
Compulsive Stamper

Default Restristing the gallery to fan club members only

Well... I just started using the site last week and Wow! I love you people. What wonderful ideas. I have already used some new creations that I have seen. I was so delighted that the site was free. I just I will just have to wait and see what happens because right now I can't string the $20 although I know it would be worth it. You guys rock. ShellyP in Ct
Old 09-26-2005, 03:33 AM   #1032
Compulsive Stamper

I've read random posts on this matter and agree that payment is necessary to keep a well maintained and informative site as this.

I joined SCS some time back (primarily a lurker) and quickly became addicted to the daily uploads to the Gallery. When I noticed that the Fan Club was available and posts initimated that there was better stuff hidden there, I tried to pay my dues and join.

Unfortunately, Paypal does not recognise our country and I am unable to join. If another option to effect payment was available to me, I'd be in line to pay immediately. How about an option to use a credit card straight without going through Paypal ??

To all the stampers that keep this site fresh and inspiring - THANK YOU !

To Daven and Tracy (and the behind the scenes dedicated volunteers) - THANK YOU !

Give me an alternative option to pay and I'll support the FAN CLUB totally !!

Cheers

Kim
Durban
Old 09-26-2005, 03:45 AM   #1033
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lisa Lisa
now I am MAD... and thats not too common for me to say on SCS. For those who are complaining... Its a privately run site, if you don't like it... go somewhere else. I know thats very rude to say.... but much like the Boy Scouts or costco... No one forces you to join and if you do join, you have to follow the terms/rules or leave.

There are many people here on SCS that give of their time and money to support this site. Dirty Dozen team members are not paid or compensated... we pooled our own resources.... WHY? why would people like them contribute to this site with out pay? I know that I can only speak for myself... I haven't told too many people on SCS about whats in store for the future but I feel this is appropriate now... I have some items contracted for publication right now... soon you will see the tiny trickle of my PAID for work on news stands..... BUT... I wanted to stay in the DDDT... even though it was time for someone else to have a turn..... (keep in, FOR FREE).... WHY?...I have gotten so much from being a part of SCS. The amazing amount of good people on here and the Noltas have the best hearts. So.. for me to give, to support the site in that way was/is a privilidge... I was and will continue to in any way that I am asked!

there's my 2 cents!
Way to go Lisa!! I totally agree with you and starting paying almost as soon as I joined this site. While I understand that many are SAHMs or new demos, think of what you do to stay home or to save up for your demo kit and save a little each week to do the same to support this valuable site. I was a SAHM for many years until my kids started school then started back to work PT. Use your "dryer money" and keep saving it. That $24.95 will be in your pocket and on it's way to SCS before you know it! We call $$$ that ends up in the dryer dryer money
Old 09-26-2005, 03:56 AM   #1034
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stampin Wrose
I sure hope Tracy doesn't read this far, she might be wondering who Tammy is.

LOL

(Just kidding!!!!)
I was thinking maybe I had been cloned! How scary would that be!!!! hee hee hee
Old 09-26-2005, 04:06 AM   #1035
Rubber Obsessor

Thumbs up I Think It Is Necessary

I am like one of the other replies; I paid immediately for fan club access. I think this site (in total) is well worth the $20. I've paid almost as much for magazines that come out four times a year. I, also, agree on a tiered fee; so that those with tight budgets can access some areas.

I know this is a hard decision, but the things we pay for we appreciate more; and you guys deserve to be compensated for the many hours you invest in making our lives easier as demonstrators.

Thanks a bunch.
Old 09-26-2005, 04:29 AM   #1036
Embossing Fanatic

Default Paid access makes total sense!

I am responsible for updating a promotional web site at work, and I know how much work it is to maintain and update material on sites. I have often wondered how the SCS folks do it and lead normal lives! You're doing the right thing.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly"
Old 09-26-2005, 04:30 AM   #1037
Compulsive Stamper

I've been a fan club member since I found this site. If you spend as much time as many of us do, you should pay for it. I think it's great that the gallery will move a little faster. Thanks for having the best stamping site.
Old 09-26-2005, 04:48 AM   #1038
Rubber Obsessor

I am a new member as of this year and I think it is a good idea to start charging for this service. I don't like the idea of it being slow at times. I always try to look in the gallery when it isn't busy. But anymore that is even a problem! I will be willing to pay $25.00 if that will help this service become faster. And it is a great service! The price would compare to a new scrap book, a set of stamps, paper etc. There isn't anyplace that you can get such a good deal for the price!
Old 09-26-2005, 04:55 AM   #1039
Hardware Hotshot

I absolutely LOVE this site and agree that it's well worth the money! My problem is that I have been off of work for several months with health problems and don't know when I'm going to get back to work. If there was a way to split the fee into a couple of payments, that would surely help!! I will stay on the areas that I can get access to for now, and will be back whenever I get some money!!!! Thanks for such a wonderful site!
Old 09-26-2005, 05:05 AM   #1040
Kookie Creator

Default Worth every cent!!!!

I have to say I love it here!! It has kept me stamping, and growing, and learning, and excited about my hobby and part-time demonstrating. It's so worth every cent to become a member. I did so some months back just due to the fact that I was SO thankful it was here!! The convienence alone is
priceless. I've met many stamping friends, and got together with them at
a stamp day in the area!! The talent present there was unbelieveable!!

Do your part to be here and support this valuable resource!!
Trisha
margit on SCS
Closed Thread