Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2005, 08:25 AM   #961
Rubber Obsessor

I will gladly pay a $25 per year fee. Geez, that's only a little over $2 a month!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 09-25-2005, 08:25 AM   #962
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by 11Valerie11
Your membership does allow you into the Dirty Dozen gallery, and the Fan Club Forum (for templates, instructions, etc. for items in the DD), and non-members do not have that opportunity. Plus your membership allows you to know that you are helping to support this site with your generosity.

Thanks for saying this Valerie

Old 09-25-2005, 08:25 AM   #963
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by flarobyn
I have not been a member of SCS for long, and I am not a Fan Club member. I didn't even know there was a fan club! I do enjoy the techniques, challenges and looking at member galleries. I belong to a few online groups and access many stamping websites. I also receive many magazines through the mail. I, for one, would not be willing to pay $25 just to see the Dirty Dozen artwork. I may, however, change my mind if there were online classes or directions for specific cards, ATC's, etc. But just to look at more cards? I'd rather spend my $25 on supplies!
Everyone is entitled to their opinion and choice. I just wanted to point out that when someone joins the Fan Club they are paying $25 to help support the site. The DDD Gallery is just a "thank you gift". Like if you gave money to PBS you would be doing it to support the station, but they might send you a gift during a pledge drive - doesn't mean you are paying the money to get the gift. Make sense?

When people have asked me about the Fan Club I've told them - do you love SCS? Do you utilize the forums, or the gallery for ideas or to upload your work? Would you be sad if there was no SCS? Then, if you can afford it, join the Fan Club. You'll be supporting this wonderful place and you'll get the fabulous DDD Gallery as a BONUS!!!

Old 09-25-2005, 08:26 AM   #964
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by JulieHRR
Please re-read Daven's Original Post at the start of this thread!

If you will read it very carefully, I believe you will find that many misconceptions, such as the above, will be cleared up.

Unfortunately, some are glossing over the detailed information in that post, and leaping to the assumption that SCS is becoming a "fee-based site" October 1st.

In all actuality, this assumption is completely innaccurate.

again thanks for saying this.

Old 09-25-2005, 08:27 AM   #965
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jami
Everyone is entitled to their opinion and choice. I just wanted to point out that when someone joins the Fan Club they are paying $25 to help support the site. The DDD Gallery is just a "thank you gift". Like if you gave money to PBS you would be doing it to support the station, but they might send you a gift during a pledge drive - doesn't mean you are paying the money to get the gift. Make sense?

When people have asked me about the Fan Club I've told them - do you love SCS? Do you utilize the forums, or the gallery for ideas or to upload your work? Would you be sad if there was no SCS? Then, if you can afford it, join the Fan Club. You'll be supporting this wonderful place and you'll get the fabulous DDD Gallery as a BONUS!!!
and Thank You Jami!!!

Old 09-25-2005, 08:28 AM   #966
Gallery Gazer

Default Helpful hint..

Quote:

Originally Posted by flarobyn
I have not been a member of SCS for long, and I am not a Fan Club member. I didn't even know there was a fan club! I do enjoy the techniques, challenges and looking at member galleries. I belong to a few online groups and access many stamping websites. I also receive many magazines through the mail. I, for one, would not be willing to pay $25 just to see the Dirty Dozen artwork. I may, however, change my mind if there were online classes or directions for specific cards, ATC's, etc. But just to look at more cards? I'd rather spend my $25 on supplies!
Hi Robyn...Just in case you haven't seen the link to Resources in the mustard site header. Check it out. There's tons of tutorials in that section. Also, many times if you Private message the creator of a card you see the artist is more than willing to share how she created it. It sometimes takes awhile to get familiar with SCS system so I thought I'd share that and help ya out...have fun...

Theres also a forum, not sure what its called but its something about New here, gives all kinds of helpful hints for navigating the site.
Old 09-25-2005, 08:38 AM   #967
Cardstock Collector

Thumbs up It's OK with me

I can't believe you have managed such a wonderful site without charging some kind of fee. The fee adds up to a tiny bit over $2.00 a month - much less than I spend at the vending machines at work and all I get in return there is extra calories that I REALLY don't need. Keep up the great work! I am now a member of the fan club.
Deidra
Old 09-25-2005, 08:46 AM   #968
Rubber Obsessor

Default C'mon....quit kidding yourselves....

this site was never, and will never, be free.

Just paid for by other people.

I, for one, am really tired of the "haves" making up for all of the "have nots."

There are many things in the world that I, too, would love to have, but I don't have the resources. I don't expect other people who DO have the resources to pay for ME, so I really resent when others expect ME to pay so that THEY can continue to "mooch." Like others have said here, often in life, if you don't pay for it, you don't get it. It's just that simple.

I work a full-time job so that I can live the way I want to live. Don't complain to me because you've made a different choice. Accept your life and your situation as a result of your choices.

Sorry if it's too plain for some of your ears, but that's the way it is.
Old 09-25-2005, 08:46 AM   #969
Matboard Maniac

Thumbs up

I have no problem with this at all!!!! I became a fan club member because I feel it is important to support this site that I use so much as a resource.
-- Russian Proverb
Old 09-25-2005, 08:47 AM   #970
Stazon Splitcoast

This is the most useful stamping site on the web! I don't get to visit as often as I used to but when I get the chance, here I am. Probably should be stamping instead. But what a wonderful place for inspiration. If I'm just sitting there looking at the stamp set I want to work with but nothing is coming to me, I can go to the set galleries and look at the work of so many talented people and it just seems to make the creative juices flow. I can find out about any technique with just a few clicks of the mouse without cluttering up my already cluttered stamping space with magazines and have to search through them all. The challenges are also so inspirational. The information and ideas here are endless! I have given up all my magazine subsriptions because of the information available on this one site. I have been a fan club member for some time because of this. I decided a long time ago that the $20 for the fan club was a better investment than all those mag. subscriptions combined. Don't even get into the DD gallery that often, but I want to support a site that offers so much. I know it doesn't happen for free. Just my two cents. Lynnor

Finally....a blog of my own!

Old 09-25-2005, 09:02 AM   #971
Compulsive Stamper

Default anything to make this faster

I am so happy with the information I recieve here.....I would gladly pay $25 just send me the bill.
Some people will cry that it is to much but when push comes to shove they will pay because no where else give this great information.
go for it.
Old 09-25-2005, 09:09 AM   #972
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chedette
this site was never, and will never, be free.

Just paid for by other people.

I, for one, am really tired of the "haves" making up for all of the "have nots."

There are many things in the world that I, too, would love to have, but I don't have the resources. I don't expect other people who DO have the resources to pay for ME, so I really resent when others expect ME to pay so that THEY can continue to "mooch." Like others have said here, often in life, if you don't pay for it, you don't get it. It's just that simple.

I work a full-time job so that I can live the way I want to live. Don't complain to me because you've made a different choice. Accept your life and your situation as a result of your choices.

Sorry if it's too plain for some of your ears, but that's the way it is.
Well, okay then....I will probably not get a membership...like Dorinda said, it is only a temporary situation...I DO not, however, expect anyone to pay for me....and I will be here until and when Daven gets things worked out,so I guess I will be a MOOCHER, along with everyone else who doesn't have a membership. And for the record, sometimes regardless of our greatest intentions, life steps in and takes away a full time job, and the belt has to tighten until the union calls you to a new jobsite...we don't make that choice, it is made for us....I hope you never have to be in that situation...
Old 09-25-2005, 09:22 AM   #973
Mad Swapper

Well guys here is my two cents. I know Tracy and Daven personnally and I know first hand how much time, energy and personal resources have been devoted to this site. I know how much Daven listens to his members and how difficult this decision was for him, but the gallery needs help, we have just gotten too big and my magazine subscriptions cost this much, and I get way more from here, I understand about tight belts and hopefully for all who find this difficult to budget can put it on their Christmas list and maybe Santa can leave something in their stocking. This is a necessary step to ensure that this site keeps running and that we can continue to have this invaluable resource.

Go as far as you can see, and when you get there, you will see farther.
ScrappinGallery
Old 09-25-2005, 09:23 AM   #974
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kerilou
Well, okay then....I will probably not get a membership...like Dorinda said, it is only a temporary situation...
Keri, I'm so happy you will hang tight, while the improvements are made, because it will be so AWESOME when completed and everybody will be able to enjoy a faster gallery!

Thank you for recognizing what the changes are, why they are being implemented, and that they are indeed temporary.

And, I genuinely hope that the union calls you to a new jobsite. SOON!

{{{{{{{{{{{Keri}}}}}}}}}}}
Old 09-25-2005, 09:24 AM   #975
Stazon Splitcoast

I copy/paste this from a comment Daven made in the site suggestions forums cuz I thought it was a fabulous explanation and it might do some good here too.

Quote:

thanks for the question. in general, flashy avatars, long signatures and the like *will* cause pages to load more slowly. that's one of the reasons we limit avatar sizes and discourage long signatures.

our specific situation though (slow gallery) is much more related to limitations with the software that runs the gallery, the computer it runs on, and what happens when lots of people are accessing the gallery at the same time.

other people have made the highway analogy, and the effects of more people traveling a road than what the road was built to handle. in this scenario you might associate avatars/signatures with the amount of "stuff" I have in the back of my car. the fact that I brought more stuff with me makes my car heavier and perhaps it contributes in some small way to wear and tear on the roads, but doesn't have a primary impact on the flow of traffic.

that's my attempt at a simple explanation, hope that helps!

Old 09-25-2005, 09:30 AM   #976
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Well, okay then....I will probably not get a membership...like Dorinda said, it is only a temporary situation...I DO not, however, expect anyone to pay for me....and I will be here until and when Daven gets things worked out,so I guess I will be a MOOCHER, along with everyone else who doesn't have a membership. And for the record, sometimes regardless of our greatest intentions, life steps in and takes away a full time job, and the belt has to tighten until the union calls you to a new jobsite...we don't make that choice, it is made for us....I hope you never have to be in that situation...

Kerilou,
Thanks babe!! You are wonderful, and I do not believe for a minute that all of the folks who can't or choose not to pay at this time are moochers!! Not at all!! I do how ever believe that those of us who are able to and willing to give back to this online community should do so, it takes a village know what I mean? I support scs for everyone, not just myself. This is a fab place and I want it to stay that way. A wonderful sharing and giving community for all to enjoy. Hang in there, it sounds like it will be well worth the wait.

Old 09-25-2005, 09:31 AM   #977
Cardstock Collector

Default bought my membership

just found this site a little while ago, thanks to my SU demonstrator,
and I find it very helpful - especially the techniques, the ideas, the chatter,
all of it . Wish I had a scanner or something so I could display some of
my best.. but spend all my money on stamps and embellishments.. more fun!

running a site is expensive, and I'm very grateful to all those here who work so hard to make coming here one of the highlights in my stamping life.
I make cards, welcome cards, thinking of you cards, sorry you're not well,
birthday cards, for 240 nursing home residents. I make about 60 cards a month, very very grateful you're here - picking up lots of ideas

Mikki - stamping madly and with joy
Old 09-25-2005, 09:34 AM   #978
Rubber Obsessor

Personally I have no problem with having to pay. I am a fan club member but even if I wasn't I would pay because this website has been an excellent source for increasing sales in my SU! business. I get fabulous ideas, wonderful gallery----MUCH BETTER than any publication out there for SU! Everyone is wonderful & inspiring. $2 a month is nothing especially when you think about buying one publication is usually $6.99 and this is tremendously more informative & convenient. I love having My Favorites to go to when I'm going to teach a class or have a workshop. Remember people-it's business! Thanks so much SCS---you are best out there!!!
Old 09-25-2005, 09:43 AM   #979
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

I am a member and need to renew as soon as possible to keep this wonderful site everything it is and should be. Here's something I love about SCS that I haven't read yet (not that I've had the time to read all of these comments). SCS offers me a place to store some of my better efforts in cardmaking without haviing to keep a file of them here at my house. Also, I love the fact that I have an unlimited "favorites" gallery. This beats "swaps" as far as I'm concerned. In swaps I always get some cards I don't care for at all and I've spent a good amount on postage to send mine off and have others returned to me. If I had to rely on swaps to give me my ideas, I would certainly be out over $25 a year that this site affords me. And it is so much easier to simply select the cards I like and have that choice. It is a time saver for me, money saver, and space saver as far as I'm concerned. My DIL is a organizing consultant and she charges $25 an hour, so....hey, this site is a great bargain!!! If someone doesn't think is worth the price...don't let the door hit you in the butt!!!

For those who need sponsorship because they are not financially able, maybe there could be a way to contribute a few extra dollars like they do on our electric bills.
Old 09-25-2005, 10:03 AM   #980
Matboard Maniac

Thumbs up Thank you!

Thank you for forcing me to get off my butt and sign up for the fan club! I've often come close to doing it, and then didn't because I figured I really didn't need more ideas than the gallery provided. My first trip to the dirty dozen gallery was awesome! I am more than happy I spent the money. Thank you!
Old 09-25-2005, 10:16 AM   #981
Compulsive Stamper

Default New Member

Oh my goodness! I have just scanned through the 11 pages on this thread. It's all a bit overwhelming. This is my first post ever and I just wanted to say that I really enjoy the site, however I am reluctant to join at this time because of the significant changes going on. I think it's easy to say it's a good move if your already a fan club member but for us that are new I feel like I should wait until the newness wears off. Is the gallery really going to get better? I think I'll wait and see. In the meantime I think it's a bummer that I can't upload or view the gallery. Well I guess I better get to work printing some of my favorite cards before Oct. 1st.
Old 09-25-2005, 10:24 AM   #982
Matboard Maniac

Smile SCS website

I have never posted or even really wanted to post, until this subject came up. I have been a SU demo since April of this year and in the beginning was stressed about coming up with new and wonderful ideas, to share with my customers. Then someone told me about this web site. It has meant the differenct between stressing about ideas and just enjoying finding ideas.

To be honest with you until today I did not even register as a member. Just lazy I guess. But I have come to this website daily and miss it, when I am unable to do so. I also, have been frustrated by the slowness of the site, but asked myself "what do you want for free".

I want to continue to come here and to be inspired by others ideas and maybe someday, share some of the things that I come up with. If I can ever figure out how to upload in the future.

But I believe that actions speak louder than words and have paid for my membership today. I hope that the money I sent will assist in anyway that is necessary for this wonderful site to continue.

Thanks for all your hard work and good luck with all future endeavours.
Old 09-25-2005, 10:25 AM   #983
Stazon Splitcoast

IF you go back and read the Original Post by Daven you will find that you will be able to view the member galleries and the techniques gallery.....and the limitations are Temporary!! Please go back and read the original post of this thread.

Old 09-25-2005, 10:42 AM   #984
Forum Fanatic

I am in total support of this decision. You have to do what is best and there is NO way you are going to make all the members happy. I became a fan club member months ago just to help support this fantastic site not for the benefits. I have been stamping for only a year and I have learned so much from all of you. This is the only site I am willing to pay for a membership. Thank you Daven and Tracy and everyone else who contributes their precious time to make this a great place to be.

I have been reading more of the posts and I'm discovering some of you are accusing non-paying members of being moochers. Do you pay for every website you visit? If not, aren't you moochng off others? Quit trying to make the non-paying members feel guilty. A lot of these so-called moochers have a lot to contribute.........which they do freely. So many are missing the point here. This is TEMPORARY so the problems can be fixed. If you cannot or choose not to become a fan club member, that's okay. Besides, I get my best ideas and information from the forums.

Last edited by grammatroll; 09-25-2005 at 11:32 AM..
Old 09-25-2005, 10:46 AM   #985
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Default Changes

We all love this site and we expect more and more without considering how we even get more and more, someone on the other end must be working very hard and spending alot of time doing this for all of us and eventually it cant be for free!

I know Daven and Tracy are doing their best to do what they started out to do, make it a free site but no one ever expected it to grow so big so fast ( or maybe they did) but they are learning also just how to do all this on their own and spending their money to make this site. So we have change ,because all of us want more and if we are using it so much we need to help contribute in some way.

Just my opinion!

Daydreamer
Old 09-25-2005, 10:55 AM   #986
Matboard Maniac

Default Whoa!, I really gotta start reading the front page!

I am the type of user that goes right to the forums or to the gallery and am guilty of not really reading the front page. That being said, I figured out how much I spend on magazine subscriptions, other online communities and any magazines or books that I find while shopping and I agree that a $25.00 subscription to great artwork and a demonstrator support area is a deal. I will be renewing my fan club membership when it comes due!
SCS Member #2547
Old 09-25-2005, 10:59 AM   #987
Rubber Obsessor

Talking

I am not a paid memeber nor am I a demo
the ideas and inspriation I get from this site are invaluable

I read that you prefer simplicity and I am in favour of that as I know it would make the management 'easier' but I do have one suggestion--
A first time rate to join $25 (any way that could be in Canadian dollars?)
and a renewal rate $20
Old 09-25-2005, 11:19 AM   #988
Gabfest Goddess

Default Just saw this!

Sorry I am replying so late - just saw this. I have not read all the comments, but here is my opinion. I think it is a fair idea since the ability to maintain the site has become so enormous, with so many new members and lurkers and gallery uploads! Free Membership has been great and SCS might lose some members and lurkers who now use the site. I just don't think that will be a problem for most. I think the Noltas have kept their integrity and are now faced with this difficult decision. The temporary change will not be a significant decline of the site. I support you 100% because I love this place. I think the FC price increase is fair. JMHO

I do understand the change is TEMPORARY!!

Last edited by jm_donahoe; 10-01-2005 at 07:10 PM.. Reason: to clarify my ramblings :)
Old 09-25-2005, 11:25 AM   #989
Die Cut Diva

Location: I'm actually lost... if you find me, could you let me know where I am??

Wow.... I gave up trying to read ALL the responses in this thread... my eyes were getting numb! lol

Ya know, I can't even remember how I found SCS or when for that matter. It was quite awhile ago, but I didn't join until June (I think). Before I found SCS, I had NO DESIRE to stamp! I'd been to a workshop a couple of years ago and really wasn't all that impressed. Then I found SCS. It was the gallery I first found. I was absolutely amazed at what you could do with stamps! I started writing down names of stamps I liked, saved cards from the gallery to my hard drive and eventually bought a black ink pad and a stamp set. I found myself coming back day after day writing down more names and saving more cards. Then thru a link someone had in their description of a technique they'd done, I found the "Resourses" page!! OMG... what an awesome place... and to think that maybe I could actually do some of that stuff.... wow! My interest was growing rapidly and my stamps and inks, slowly, but I WAS STAMPING!!! Then I found the Challenges! I'm not good at thinking up things on my own, so these have been an amazing source of inspiration!! Now I pretty much reside here! lol I'm not sure if it's an addiction, an obsession, or both, but I LOVE it.... ALL of it, and it's because of EACH & EVERYONE of you at SCS. I'm not a demo, but I'm sure this is a tremendous source of inspiration for them as well as a business asset. I know I'm buying stamping stuff because of things I've seen and learned here!

I can't imagine what it costs to not only start a site like this one, but to maintain and accomodate tens of thousands of people!! I guess I never really thought about it until now... I was too busy enjoying everything this site has to offer me.... for free! There are obviously a LOT of people behind the scenes who really love this obsession or whatever it is we have for stamping, to give of their time, their money and probably their sanity too to keep it up and running for us. I'm fairly new, so please forgive me if I get someone's name wrong or forget to mention someone, but think of the time that (Beate & Jenn?) put into approving all our uploads, making sure they're in the right catagories. And how about Andrea, Beth and all the others that make sure we get inspiration and new ideas every week by posting the challenges? And what about Daven and Tracy that keep giving financially, emotionally, physically and unselfishly just to bring us the best stamping site there is! G's... I wouldn't want that job! I'm sure they keep the "Tylenol" or "Excederin" people in business! lol

Anyhow, until all of this, I didn't even know what the Fan Club was, but I'm sure going to be a member now! This site is a stamper's goldmine... rich in ideas, techniques, learning tools, friendships, inspiration and so much more! I know not everyone can afford the membership. I've read a lot of posts with some great ideas on how to handle this. IMHO, I think these ideas would and could work for everyone: (Please forgive me cuz I can't remember who came up with these and I just can't go thru 25 pages and try to find who came up with what... you know who you are)! lol
  1. Offer a "free trial" membership (15 days? 30 days?) so people who don't know about SCS can see for themselves all this site has to offer.
  2. Offer a 6 month plan ($12.50) or even a 3 month plan.... a smaller amount is much easier to come up with for someone with limited finances, and it's still helping the "upgrade".
  3. There was a #3, but I've babbled so long I can't remember it! LOL
Bottom line... this place is like a family and families pull together when times get tough or help is needed.
Old 09-25-2005, 11:30 AM   #990
Stazon Splitcoast

copied from the original post made by SCS

Quote:

More Questions & Answers

What about free trial memberships?
Any trial membership system could easily be skirted by re-joining the site with a new username. We don't want to create a negative incentive for "counterfeit" usernames.

What about a tiered membership system?
I prefer simplicity whenever possible and tiered memberships create complications for you and also for us.

What about partial-year memberships?
We will do partial-year Fan Club memberships, look for this very soon.

What if we trimmed down the number of uploads or restricted uploads in some way?
Uploads and file size are not contributing in a meaningful way to the performance issues that we're experiencing in the gallery. We will probably never need to place limits on the amount of items you upload.

Why do uploads have to be restricted for non-Fan Club members?
Since Member Galleries and Technique Spotlight are the only galleries that non-Fan Club members will see, they also won't be able to upload to other categories. Keeping the gallery organized requires us to keep uploads categorized properly and it would be difficult to do this with uploads from non-Fan Club members.

Old 09-25-2005, 11:31 AM   #991
Die Cut Diva

Talking more cents from me!!!

I posted this on the VSN thread, but thought that alot of what is going on there, pertains to what is going on in this thread. So, I'm going to post it here as well.

Just a thought, but would it be possible for others to be given the ability to approve photos, just for VSN???

That way, Beate and Jen and everyone else get their Sunday off, but VSN can continue as it has. I think alot of people are happy with the Saturday night thing, and it actually makes sense to upload all the VSN photos when the rest of SCS is not supposed to upload! So, only photos with VSN in the title would have to be approved. Plus, maybe a few folks involved in organizing VSN could do the approval on these photo's.

Also, maybe we could be given a little more time to upload! Like maybe the judging doesn't start until Sunday at 5pm. That way, people can spread their uploads across a longer timeframe, and their wouldn't be quite as much traffic at midnight and first thing in the morning! I know that I only did a few challanges, and I was exhaused by the time midnight rolled around!!! You run around like crazy looking for the stuff to complete the challanges, and rush to get stuff done in the time frame! I know that my stamping room looks like Rita hit it instead of Texas!!! Then, I wanted to get my photo's uploaded because I have church on Sunday morning. I'm sure that alot of others have church in the morning, also. This is one of the reasons to postpone judging until 5pm or so.... to give people the option of uploading on Sunday after church.

Also, it almost makes sense to upload on Sunday, if it is a no upload day for everyone else!!! Then, the only uploads that are done that night are VSN photos!

OK, so maybe I'm heading into 4 cents, here, but I'm on a roll, baby!!!

******I think that we need to have some type of notification to EVERYONE that Sunday is a no upload day!!! I still think that there are alot of people who don't know about this effort to give Beate and Jen the day off! I also don't think that most people understand just how many photos are uploaded and have to be approved on a daily basis!!! Maybe, another idea is to give the job to several more people. Monday is Beate's day, Tuesday is Jenn's day, Wed is Cami's day, etc!!! I for one would be happy to help out, if I could!!! I'm sure that when Beate, et el, took the job of approving photos, she never dreamed it would be a FULL TIME JOB!!!!!!!

I think that this site has just grown exponentially, astronomical growth which nobody expected, especially so quickly!!! The computer isn't the only one on SCS that has been overwhelmed!!!

Maybe this will also open people's eyes as to the need for membership fee's!!! Maybe this site has grown to the point that it needs to hire people for certian jobs! I know that Daven and Tracey keep saying that they want a free site for everyone, but maybe their idea isn't practical. The world has become such a small place with the internet!!! I have received swaps from as far away as Guam and England!!! It is easy to see that within a few years time that this site has 450,000 or even 4,500,000 people!!! How is Beate going to keep approving photo's for that many people!!! She just won't be able to do it! Period!

Regarding membership fees, I know that alot of people say that $25 is too much for their budget. Maybe this fee can be broken down to a monthly rate of $2.50. Then, you pay a little more in the long run, but only have to pay it in shorter increments. And, if you can't pay one month, you loose access to the gallery until you can pay!

OK, maybe I'm getting way off topic here, but it all seems to go together, doesn't it???

I think I'm going to copy and paste my speech to Daven's thread, also!

OK< you're right!!! I threw in a quarter's worth!!!

Look at my motto, will ya!!!
NEW 2019 House of the Month SwapVisit my Ronald McDonald House Thread Thanks everyone!!! *** Check it out-- we have donated more than 35,757 cards to Ronald McDonald Houses across the country since 2008!!!!
Old 09-25-2005, 11:37 AM   #992
Stazon Splitcoast

Please read the original post which covers many areas of concern and some answers to frequent questions regarding memberships and fees.

Old 09-25-2005, 11:53 AM   #993
Die Cut Diva

Location: I'm actually lost... if you find me, could you let me know where I am??

Sorry Dorinda.... I hadn't gone back to the original post to see the additional info Daven posted. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.
Old 09-25-2005, 11:56 AM   #994
Stazon Splitcoast

no prob. I just want peeps to see Davens answer to their questions veres my opinion...LOL!!

Old 09-25-2005, 12:01 PM   #995
Matboard Maniac

Default Membership Fee

I don't mind paying the $25.00 membership fee. For that fee, there's a million gazillion stuff that you can see and learn. SCS are not forcing everyone to be a member - it's your choice - to pay or not to pay. Anyway, just to thank Daven and the gang for having this wonderful site. Keep up the good works!! I'll mail the membership tomorrow.
Old 09-25-2005, 12:50 PM   #996
Matboard Maniac

I am willing to donate to keep this site up and running. I have already gotten my money's worth within the short month I have been a member. This is much cheaper than a magazine subscription I have and MORE helpful than any magazine. I have never seen such beautiful samples. The instructions are perfect. I have sent messages to individuals for more instructions and have been so overwhelmed with their helpful replies. Let us all do what we can to keep this site up and running as well as possible. AND, I would appreciate the site to run faster. A $25 donation can be just the cost of one stamp set from Stampin Up. Donate now before the costs of the Christmas season hits us.

I support your decisions.

Judy in Oregon
Old 09-25-2005, 01:13 PM   #997
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm sad, but I completely understand...I'd love to get a membership but it's not possible since my job has been cutback to part-time from full-time. I don't eat out, lattes, rent movies, have magazine subscriptions ect...there is nothing to cut back on. I'll lurk around and hope the "temporary" goes faster than the eternity it will seem like! Keep up the great work guys!! I appreciate this fantastic site and I hope you get your desired results faster and easier than you can imagine! (I'll dream for all of us!)

PS I haven't seen a response for this anywhere:
Are we going to lose our favourites or be unable to view them?
Old 09-25-2005, 01:52 PM   #998
Matboard Maniac

AHHH, and all this time I thought my compurer was the slow one. It's perfectly understandable, nothing is free these days and $25 a year is nothing compared to all the ideas you get from this site. Do what you need to do.
Old 09-25-2005, 02:07 PM   #999
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Kerilou, Don't think for a minute that you or anyone else is a "moocher". This is supposed to be a temporary situation and I hope you will stay with SCS. I think calling people "moochers" is uncalled for. Life does in fact get hard for a lot of some and those who are fortunate enough to never experience it just don't understand.

So, hang in there Kerilou or anyone else who is having problems with the fee. Remember that Daven said he intends for this to be a "free" site after the improvements are made.

When you get in a tight place and everything goes against you, till it seems as though you could not hold on a minute longer, never give up then, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn. -- Harriet Beecher Stowe
Old 09-25-2005, 02:18 PM   #1000
Polyshrink Goddess

I consider you guys my best source for ideas! I would rather pay you than my magazine subscriptions, so sign me up! You guys are just the BEST!
Closed Thread