Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2005, 12:53 PM   #881
Glitter Queen

Default Gallery

I think it's very reasonable and I've been meaning to sign up for the Fan Club for awhile, this gives me even more of a reason to get that done right away! You have been an incredibly helpful site and I don't want to loose this valuable resource.

Louise Horner AKA:Weegy
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 09-24-2005, 01:01 PM   #882
Hardware Hotshot

I totally agree with everything you have said and done to try and fix this problem. Anything you can do to alleviate the congestion is the right thing to do and I am sure most of us agree on that, whether you are a member or not. It is just so frustrating not to be able to go on and enjoy the new uploads and be able to comment on them. I have to limit my comments on the new cards to only my very favorites, which isn't really fair to all the other stampers who have uploaded their work and would like to receive some comments on their work. I wish I had the time to sit and wait so I could comment on all the cards that catch my eye, which are also so deserving of some great comments.
I have been a member of the fan club since you put it into effect and think that it is well worth the little money it takes to have access to the best site on the web for stampers! You have all done a fantastic job putting this up and maintaining it for all of us to enjoy, and very thankful that you have taken this tremendous challenge on.
Thank you for all your hard work and continued efforts to make this site, in my opinion, the very best on the web! Please continue to keep up the fight for all of us!
Old 09-24-2005, 01:01 PM   #883
Cardstock Collector

Post STAMPERGONEWILD

I love this website, and I use it all the time. I became a member not very long ago on SCS and I'm a Stampin' UP! Demonstrator as well. I know that you need to do what you need to do, I respect that. I don't belong to a Fan Club but would like to know how I can join one. If all it costs is $20 or $25 for a year, that is definetly worth it. If someone could let me know I'd appreciate it. Thanks

Eve Ranard
Old 09-24-2005, 01:50 PM   #884
Compulsive Stamper

Wink

I think it probably was a hard decision, but you offer such an amazing service and i get so much information on the site that being a fan club member is the least i can do to give back a bit to all the work that you all do!

thanks for being here!

I think you made the right decision.
Old 09-24-2005, 02:09 PM   #885
Insane Embellisher

Default an idea

I have an idea on how to maybe fix our little problem...this is the absolute best gallery on the entire web! You can find ideas about anything anytime you want! How about limiting the number of pictures per each stamp set...ex In Full Bloom gets only the most recent 200 photos as a new photo is added one drops off the back of the list...I don't know how that would be to set up or anything of that nature but I know of a website that only allows so many postings and once the limit is reached one drops off the back. SO divide it up so that the gallery is not overloaded and can handle the amount of photos in it yet give more slots to the more popular stamp sets and less to the discontinued ones, build in room to move when the new mini comes out so we can view all photos during the whole time but then set it up the same way. The thought being if you are checking out that particular stamp set on a regular basis you will always be seeing new things and not have to sift through things you have seen in the past. Again I am not computer savvy at all but you guys are! It may work!
Old 09-24-2005, 02:23 PM   #886
Polyshrink Goddess

I totally understand the need to charge or allow only Fan club members to access the gallery but I am on such a limited income right now that I don't even buy any Stampin Up stuff for myself (and I am a demo) .
With natural gas prices going up and car gas prices going up and everyone in the world raising rates on everything --its just one more thing to have to pay for this WONDERFUL sitea .
Please don't get me wrong -I love it here and love all the ideas I get and if it helps to charge then more power to you but I will not probably be back!
I can't afford living the way it is now and I know $20 is not a big deal but it is when you are strugging !!
JMHO!!
Its been a great ride while it lasted -Good bye Splitcoast!!!

My name is Jenny and I'm a STAMPAHOLIC!!!
Old 09-24-2005, 02:27 PM   #887
Stazon Splitcoast

Jenny, please read Daven's original post. The gallery is going to remain open (but a little limited as you'll see member galleries, and not the organized, sorted galleries). The forums are going to remain open. Everyone will be able to upload again after the gallery problems are resolved. No need to leave!
Old 09-24-2005, 02:50 PM   #888
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by emilymomto3boys
And to anyone who has a problem with Daven and Tracy making money off this site.....WHO GIVES A FLIP????

Aren't the geniuses that came up with this ROCKIN idea?? THen why shouldn't they make a profit? Not that I think they will, but they SHOULD! All kinds of people profit for their good ideas and this is the best one I've seen (of course, I am biased because I love stamping...)

Anyway, that's my 2 cents on that ridiculous idea.
I totally agree!!! Why would anyone care if they make a profit??

Why should they work so hard for us for free?

I'm all for them making a profit!

Sencie
Old 09-24-2005, 02:51 PM   #889
GMC
Kookie Creator

Exclamation Changes

It is too bad that not everyone seems to be understanding the changes...take a moment and RE-READ the original post from Daven. In my opinion, there is no need to leave the site at this point. Whether or not you are a paid member you will still have access to the ALL the galleries except the Dirty Dozen....you'll just have to use a few more steps to get you to the set you want to view. Someone suggested that you will just have to use the "search" tool. Try it now and see what happens. As far as gallery uploads being suspended for non-members, that appears to be temporary.

:^)
Old 09-24-2005, 02:54 PM   #890
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by jerppt
I totally understand the need to charge or allow only Fan club members to access the gallery but I am on such a limited income right now that I don't even buy any Stampin Up stuff for myself (and I am a demo) .
With natural gas prices going up and car gas prices going up and everyone in the world raising rates on everything --its just one more thing to have to pay for this WONDERFUL sitea .
Please don't get me wrong -I love it here and love all the ideas I get and if it helps to charge then more power to you but I will not probably be back!
I can't afford living the way it is now and I know $20 is not a big deal but it is when you are strugging !!
JMHO!!
Its been a great ride while it lasted -Good bye Splitcoast!!!
I know people here on scs give gift subscriptions to others sometimes. I was wondering... does Splitcoast have a list of people who need a gift subscription? There are probably a lot of people here who can afford to and would like to give scs as a gift. Just wondering.

Sencie
Old 09-24-2005, 03:04 PM   #891
Matboard Maniac

I'm confused .

I understand, that as a non-paying member, we could still view the Member's Galleries, and Technique spotlight. Would we NOT be able to view the catagories where we would see the sets in alphabetical order, and what about specifically ABC (anything but cards), scrapbook pages, etc? Would we just have to find that stuff in individual member galleries?

Do what you have to do. I'm on a strict budget myself right now, and haven't even bought ANY new stuff from the new caty yet...and I'm a demo!! I'll start saving my pennies, and maybe, I can scrape together enough to join the fan club too.

jststmpit
Old 09-24-2005, 03:09 PM   #892
Forum Fanatic

I have to go join the Fan Club!!! I only joined SCS in July 05 and have become addicted to it. I can't live without this Wonderfu site!! Thanks to everyone.
Facebook ~ Wendy Bond Gullahorn
Old 09-24-2005, 03:09 PM   #893
Insane Embellisher

I think the membership fee is very reasonable, especially compared to many of the card-making and paper crafts publications! It's a great resource for stampers/scrappers at all levels, a wonderful place to share our love of stamping, and a priceless support network of demonstrators who encourage and inspire each other towards success!

I've been a a Fan Club member for almost as long as I've been a member and believe that the fee is totally worth it! Besides, it's the least we can do for Tracy, Daven, and others who have poured their hearts and souls into creating this wonderful site!
Old 09-24-2005, 03:17 PM   #894
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by MkMiracleMakers
I How about limiting the number of pictures per each stamp set...ex In Full Bloom gets only the most recent 200 photos as a new photo is added one drops off the back of the list...I don't know how that would be to set up or anything of that nature but I know of a website that only allows so many postings and once the limit is reached one drops off the back. SO divide it up so that the gallery is not overloaded and can handle the amount of photos in it yet give more slots to the more popular stamp sets and less to the discontinued ones, build in room to move when the new mini comes out so we can view all photos during the whole time but then set it up the same way. The thought being if you are checking out that particular stamp set on a regular basis you will always be seeing new things and not have to sift through things you have seen in the past. Again I am not computer savvy at all but you guys are! It may work!

First of all the problem isn't to many photos it is to many people in the gallery at one time. so they will fix the server and enable it to run smoother. and if you pay more atention to the popular sets and less to the unpopular, it sounds like a demo site. we want non-demos to be happy two.

Question // If art is subjective, then why are we objective in making it?
Old 09-24-2005, 03:25 PM   #895
Compulsive Stamper

Thumbs up

For all your hard work, time and effort a meesly $25.00!!!!! Thats ALL it cost for the TONS of information and ideas on this site, that's the cost a 2 good stamping magazine and they are so limited!!
It is well worth it and I would pay more keep this site!
Old 09-24-2005, 03:25 PM   #896
Kookie Creator

sad but understand

I am another demo who loves the gallery but due to current circumstances cannot even send the small fee for the fan club.

Hopefully by the end of the year I will be able to join up and get back to those great galleries!

Thanks to Daven and Tracy for all your hard and selfless work!

smurgles

Old 09-24-2005, 03:38 PM   #897
Polyshrink Goddess

Default yes - I would gladly keep paying

I ADMIRE that you are trying to keep it a free site, but it is a valuable service here and those that can, will pay to stay on it. I know that you will lose some people in the process, but every business has to make tough decisions and this one I think will benefit the membership a great deal in the long run.

I totally agree that I do not surf for ideas as often as I used to because it is so slow most of the time. I liked being able to do a slideshow and watch the ideas go by. I know it is frustrating for you to keep dealing with the same issues over and over. But I do not think you need to feel bad about asking us to pay a fair price for something we love.

Even though you started out small and this is totally a community on here, I think you have to accept the fact that it is a big business now, and start charging us for the service. Yes, some people will get mad and leave, but maybe they do not understand the financial strain it takes to run it. Some people will not be happy no matter what you decide, but I think it is a great logical and needed decision. That's my 2 cents.

thanks for all you do!

peace, Cathy
Old 09-24-2005, 03:41 PM   #898
Polyshrink Goddess

Default gift

And for those with team mates or friends or family members that can not afford the membership fee, it would be a great holiday gift or birthday gift to give them a membership!!!

(I would rather have that than clothes that did not fit, or holiday candy to make my other clothes not fit! )
Old 09-24-2005, 04:01 PM   #899
Matboard Maniac

Agree to Disagree

As I understand that things need to be updated and what not, I, like bunches of other demos are on such a tight budget that unfortunately I can not pay the membership fee. Even though it is a tax wright off, I just dont have the extra money to pay......but it sounds as though once you get the servers up and running to a better capaccity to handle all of the uploads you may axe the fee....am I understanding this correctly?????? As much as I love this site and use it to help me with my business, I can not obtain a membership.....so I will use what I can on what is free but sorry I cannot contribute to pay the money to keep an active roll in scs....all of you who can pay, go for it, but as for me who has a hard time putting food on the table some weeks I will have to bow out for now.....I will miss seeing all of your wonderful ideas.....good luck and hope to be able to access it all for free again in the future
Old 09-24-2005, 04:03 PM   #900
Polyshrink Goddess

Aye yi yi, another opinion, lol. But I've been keeping up here and finally finished up reading the last "batch" so I've decided to post.

To everyone who has worked on this site and put their time and effort into it to make it wonderful for us, it is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

That said, I want to add opinion on the two-tiered comments and the "trial" monthly subscription comments. While these changes Daven and crew are making are temporary, part of me wonders if they should be. Everyone who works on SCS does so much for us...

I understand that Daven is concerned about offering "trial" memberships because some people might resign with different names. I also know, having admistered several "programs" with different levels of pay and support through my former job, that having different "tiers of membership" would add to the workload for our wonderful SCSers, something we are also trying to avoid.

Wouldn't it be simpler to keep benefits to "members" and non-"members". Offer the year-long subscription of $24.95, but then maybe a 4-mo subscription for $10 for various reasons.

At $10 every four months ($30 for the year), it would keep people from trying to "steal" a better rate, but at the same time, make the entire gallery accessible to anyone who keeps their subscriptions current and allow for some to upload that might not be able to plunk out $25 at a time.

Yes, in the long run it would cost more, but sometimes, it's the "here and now" some people can't do. As long as they renew, they have the same benefits of "yearly" members during their subscription period. It would keep the "who-has-access-to-what" issue to a minimum, while at the same time, allowing members with limited budgets access to their favorite areas of the gallery (A-Z, specialty areas like SOF, DSS, etc).

This would also help "introduce" new members to gallery subscriptions, thereby getting them hooked (LOL) and perhaps decide that on the next go around they will renew for a year. New members might be hesistant to dish out the $25 up front, but not having full-access, they might not know what they are missing. I know that I would not have paid for it up front, especially if I'd only had access to member galleries and didn't know any members on the site.

Again, some of this is if the "temporary" change were to be made permanent, something I would totally understand if it is. And all of this is my two cents worth of opinion.

And now, I'm signing off to go see if I can get my sofa to squeeze out $25 in change......LOL

Hugs,
Tam
Old 09-24-2005, 04:06 PM   #901
Matboard Maniac

Thumbs up SCS membership

When I joined the Fan Club a year ago, it was out of curiosity. When I realized how wonderful the additional gallery is, I gave gift subscriptions to two of my firends. They are also now addicted and stalk the 15th of the month. I am supportive of your decision. I realize the financial strain so many families are under and have been there myself; however, I just attempted to access the gallery and it was so slow, I have opted to do something else instead.
I'll be back to view the galleries, because that is such a valuable source for ideas. I hope I can get on early in the morning and have a little easier time reviewing ideas and deciding what to do at my workshop on Tuesday.
Rena
Old 09-24-2005, 04:12 PM   #902
Crimping Master

Quote:

How about limiting the number of pictures per each stamp set...ex In Full Bloom gets only the most recent 200 photos as a new photo is added one drops off the back of the list
Then what happens to everyone's favorites? That's one of the wonderful & unique features about this website, you can store your favorites and go back later to view them.

Quote:

SO divide it up so that the gallery is not overloaded and can handle the amount of photos in it yet give more slots to the more popular stamp sets and less to the discontinued ones, build in room to move when the new mini comes out so we can view all photos during the whole time but then set it up the same way.
Many people love being able to view retired sets-another great thing about this website!

Did you know that a server can cost about $40,000? Some websites require several of these servers. Then there are maintenance costs as well as other technical costs.
Old 09-24-2005, 04:23 PM   #903
Stazon Splitcoast

WOW! go away for a couple days, and all this

First off, for ALL of us this site is a PRIVLEDGE!!!!
Second, it's TEMPORARY!!
Third, Daven & co. didn't even have to let us know about these changes, but out of the goodness of their hearts they are allowing us to give suggestions, opinions, etc.

With that said,
If you are upset about 'where's the money going'...who cares!! you have a free site to go to don't you?? have your own gallery?? access to wonderful people, ideas, forms, forums, tutorials....
If you feel you can't be here or that your wheaties have been pissed in cause you can't access the gallery,or MAY have the possibility of paying, go! They don't HAVE to keep this a free site. Daven, Tracy and all the others working to make this site 'free' deserve more than people's pissin' and moaning and more support!!
I had the blessing of a gift subscription, and i love it!! When i am in a position and better financially to give someone a subscription, you bet i will!!
Go for it and do what needs to be done!!
I'll always be here to support SCS however i can, even if it did become a paid site. i don't even have mag subscriptions anymore, cause i get more out of this site.
just think of how awesome the gallery will be once this gets fixed?! i for one can't wait!!

__________________________________________________ _______________

Also, I don't know the workings of computer software, etc. but is it possible to delete members (their gallery included) if they have not had any activity in teh past year?? The reason i ask this is i've seen many names that have not had an upload in over a year. now maybe they are only using the forums i don't know, but could that help eliminate some of the congestion to the servers?? in addition to keeping your subscription box low, pm's cleared out of old messages??
Old 09-24-2005, 04:24 PM   #904
Stazon Splitcoast

PLEASE READ DAVEN'S ORIGINAL POST BEFORE YOU SAY YOUR GOODBYES!
Old 09-24-2005, 04:24 PM   #905
Compulsive Stamper

I love this site and in particular the galleries but I'm not anywhere near as active here as I'd like to be because of the speed and unresponsiveness (case in point, it took 4 tries just to load this thread). If the whole site was faster I would gladly pay $25/year to access it.

Thanks for the opportunity to respond
Old 09-24-2005, 04:45 PM   #906
Watercolor Wizard

Default Offering Some Suggestions

If I understand this correctly, the problem is the huge amount of traffic. If everyone who views the gallery paid their money, the traffic would still be a problem. They want to upgrade so that they can handle more traffic. I think that the limiting of unpaid viewers will decrease the traffic for a month or so long enough that our wonderful hosts can upgrade. I said this before, but I am willing to not go to the gallery for a month. (Maybe there are others like me out there as well.) This will lighten the load so that they can do what they need to do.
Someone else suggested that we all delete PMs that we don't need any longer. I thought this might be a good idea. I know that we are asked to do that at work so that the server is not overloaded. (I'm not sure, but I imagine Daven could tell us if that would help as well.)
Old 09-24-2005, 04:50 PM   #907
Glitter Queen

Default Gallery for paid members

I have enjoyed splitcoast for free for months. And it's been great. I had been meaning to join/donate for some time. I did pay today for the fan club and I think paying is fair. Now I don't feel guilty when I log in. Thank you for a wonderful place!
Old 09-24-2005, 05:07 PM   #908
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by lynnewithane
Someone else suggested that we all delete PMs that we don't need any longer. I thought this might be a good idea. I know that we are asked to do that at work so that the server is not overloaded. (I'm not sure, but I imagine Daven could tell us if that would help as well.)
Storage space isn't the issue, but thanks for suggesting that. We do already have limits on the number of PMs that a person has. . . and the forums are on a totally different server than the gallery is. HTH!
Old 09-24-2005, 05:14 PM   #909
Polyshrink Goddess

Default Renewal

Good and necessary decision. How do we find out when we donated and when our year is up? I joined SCS months before I made a donation. Saw how wonderful this site was and then made the donation. But I don't remember when. Does and/or will you be able to send us renewal notices?
Old 09-24-2005, 05:16 PM   #910
Mad Swapper

Most of you must not be aware of the increase in cost to $25 since $20 is being mentioned so much. Your site has been such a great resource for me and some of my customers. I do feel bad though that we could lose out on people being able to upload and being able to search by set name if unable or don't choose to pay. I'm sure I have customers and family who are on a very tight budget. Perhaps more than one paying option such as $10 to have the ability to upload, $15 to have all but the dirty dozen, etc. I will admit, if I could get all of this for free except the dirty dozen, why pay? I do subscribe to one magazine and I get much more here than there. I will strongly consider paying when it fits my budget, right now we are reroofing, so are trying to conserve. Don't mean to make it sound like a sob story, things will be back to normal in about a month.

Not an artist, but Stampin'Up! makes me look like one!
Old 09-24-2005, 05:19 PM   #911
Cardstock Collector

Smile

I have been a registered member for a very short time and I am in love with your site. It is awesome!!! I don't blame you one bit for your choice in dealing with this dilema. I was very happy to pay and be a part of the fan club. It's a small price to pay for all your hard work. Thanks for continuing to make it the best site you intend it to be.
Old 09-24-2005, 05:19 PM   #912
Pearl-ExPert

I joined in Dec 2004, finally became a Fan Club member maybe 2 months ago. Worth every penny. Will renew when it is time. I regularly visit the resource pages and gallery for inspiration. $25 is extremely reasonable for this! Many thanks Daven and Tracy!
Old 09-24-2005, 05:29 PM   #913
Cardstock Collector

Smile Fan Club Members Only Solution

I am a Fan Club Member - While I can understand the lofty goal of keeping SC a free website, I do not have a problem with the yearly fee and access to only club members. I pay at least the same amount for mag. subscs. which are not nearly as helpful as this sight. I would only ask that members be somehow notified when their fee is due!! Thanks!
Old 09-24-2005, 05:30 PM   #914
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by cathcraft
And for those with team mates or friends or family members that can not afford the membership fee, it would be a great holiday gift or birthday gift to give them a membership!!!

(I would rather have that than clothes that did not fit, or holiday candy to make my other clothes not fit! )
Just an idea about the gift question. Another site I belong to (www.greytalk.com) puts a little paw print & greytalk supporter under the names of people who have made a donation to the site. This would help with people wondering who is already a member.
Old 09-24-2005, 05:30 PM   #915
Kookie Creator

Wink Fees

Guess who did not read throughly Daven's announcement....me. I have read the rest of the posts again and thanks to a few special people like jbalcher, KathyWrose and row4d, I have a better understanding what your intention was for starting this wonderful site. I might be new but thank you from the bottom of my heart for the wonderful work you are doing in making this site available to everyone.

My prior comments were for general business and not for what you are trying to do and accomplish. Sorry.......just excited about your entire project and wanted to share a few ideas.

Now back to basics. Your site is great as I keep saying. Your information, listed many times, states that the gallery links will be back up at the end of October. All of your time and expenses should be paid for by all of us........my check (24.95) will be in the mail on Monday!

Okay everyone, just take a deep breath and really read Daven's message and let him do what he needs to do. Don't do what I did and jump to conclusions.
In this case, everything will be just fine! The mother in me just won't be quiet. If I am like this at 65, can you imagine what it will be like at 85.

Chatty Cathy 25
Old 09-24-2005, 05:34 PM   #916
Rubber Obsessor

Wow...the uproar that comes from a temporary situation.

I joined the Fan Club a few months ago, and love it. But I am one of the members who have shyed away from the gallery for a LONG time now becuase of wait times. I miss it, but I don't have the patience to wait that long for a page to load. To pay for such a valuble resource isn't unreasonable. And to reiterate what has been said before, it's not going to be a forever thing that a subscription is mandatory to view the entireness of the gallery. Have patience, come back in a month, and you will appreciate the gallery all that much more that you can see more of it in a visit.

I would also like to send out a BIG thank you to the SCS team for all they do to make our time here awesome. Good luck in your next site upgrade as a know it won't be easy nor cheap.

April
Old 09-24-2005, 06:08 PM   #917
Matboard Maniac

In most ways it definitely makes sense. Can people still participate in challenges and have a link in their post that links to an uploaded picture that is offsite?
Ann
Old 09-24-2005, 06:12 PM   #918
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbalcer
Jenny, please read Daven's original post. The gallery is going to remain open (but a little limited as you'll see member galleries, and not the organized, sorted galleries). The forums are going to remain open. Everyone will be able to upload again after the gallery problems are resolved. No need to leave!

This whole thing just hit me wrong today for some reason!!
I did read everything Daven posted but he asked for our opinions and that is what I was doing!
I really wish I could afford to join but can't at this time -I appreciate everyone who works on this site non stop and the wonderful website they have given us .
I kind of feel bad for anything I posted!! Did not mean to offend anyone -
I am not a moocher (sp??) and am willing to pay to have this wonderful site -It would just have to wait until prices go down on other things!!

Thanks to all for this wonderful site and all you offer to us!! We all really do appreciate it and I totally understand anything that needs to be done to keep this site going and even better!!!!!
THANKS AGAIN!!!!

My name is Jenny and I'm a STAMPAHOLIC!!!
Old 09-24-2005, 06:32 PM   #919
Inking Addict

this is my honest opinion. This is a great site to get great information and Ideas.
I love coming here and seeing the new pics and the new posts BUT....

I think with charging that you will lose alot of members. Also all pics that are in the Gallery should be given the right to be removed by the members that are not paying. so if you have uploaded pics to the gallery you should be able to take them away if you don't want to pay... I feel that our "sharing of ideas and pics" was the payment for using the site.

I know not all will register to pay but, as of today we had 56001 members at $20 each that would come to 1120020... Thats over a million bucks!!!

even if only 2000 payed thats over 40 thousand and I feel thats a little much too.....

so in the end I guess you are going to end up charging us to look at our own ideas and projects which doesn't seem right to me.....

just my 2 cents
Old 09-24-2005, 06:33 PM   #920
Embossing Fanatic

Default Gallery for Fan Club Members

I have been a paid member for a couple years now. I was under the assumption that the reason I paid was so that I could have access to the gallery. I was not aware that others that had not paid were also allowed access. I have not been able to enter the gallery for many weeks now, I just assumed it was under construction again. Now it seems that is not the case.
I understand that it must be quite costly to maintain this site and so I had no problem paying the $25 for a year. I get many hours of stress free enjoyment looking at this site.
Now I find out that not everyonein the gallery is a member of the fan club?
I think everyone that wants the ability to view the gallery should be paying for that priviledge, otherwise what are the paying members getting for the yearly fee?
I apoligize in advance if I offend anyone that is not my intention.
Closed Thread