Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2005, 06:04 AM   #841
Stampin' Fool

Thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by nuttnhoney
Perhaps you could have a graduated scale of cost, like $5 gets you into a few places, $10 gets you into more, $25 gets you into everything....something like that, so everyone could afford something here.
Oops! I see someone else already had that idea. I like the idea that a portion remains free to whet someone's appetite.
Old 09-24-2005, 06:16 AM   #842
KA
Hardware Hotshot

Okay - so admittedly I don't have the time to sit here and read 22 pages of posts. But I did read SEVERAL posts and I don't know if Daven and Tracy are still reading all of these but if you are, I fully support your decision.

I became a member only because I thought it wasn't right for me to be getting all of this invaluable information for free. I almost never go to the DD gallery because I'm more of a card and scrapbook type. I do a few 3D things - but not much yet. So, that was not at all an incentive for me to join. It just seemed like the right thing to do.

I do not buy magazines, I do not buy materials to make swaps for Convention, Regionals, and other venues. Why bother putting all that money into supplies and taking all that time away from my family when there is SCS??? It just seems silly to me.

So I will certainly stay a paying member of the site and would fully support the decision to keep the site "fee for service". And if Daven and Tracy make the SCS site their full time job and are able to bring in a fabulous salary from it all the power to them. This is their baby. No different than any other business that started out in someone's basement.

Just my 2 cents.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 09-24-2005, 06:17 AM   #843
Stazon Splitcoast

Thumbs up

I browsed a day or two then decided it was worth it and paid my $20 dues. How can you come here, take advantage of all SCS offers, and NOT pay?? I think you should give a 3-day free trial to browse (no uploading or posting) the site and then the person must sign up and PAY for their membership. As a paying member I understand the frustration of the slow galleries. Let everyone pitch in, pay their part, and get this site running efficiently while rewarding those who work so hard to make it happen!

Daven & Tracy: What nice people you must be to have even considered offering this free for as long as you have. Would you all run for President? I'd love to attend a "national scrap day" at the White House??
Old 09-24-2005, 06:42 AM   #844
Insane Embellisher

Default I understand, IF the galleries are TRULY faster as a result

Since my orginal post I've had time to go back and read more and more of the opinions out there and the Q& A section that was added to the orginal message of this thread... so I've updated my 'opinion'...

I understand that what will happen on Oct 1 is temporary but should it be a long term thing?

I've been visiting this site for about a year now and love it! And I was able to fall in love with it because it was free. And now that there is such a need I do want to help and have joined. I think many others feel the same way considering the number of people who have said that they 'just joined'.

I hope our contributions help and truly make a difference to the perfromance of this site! I will be very disappointed if they do not but in all honesty I will still visit the site - I think we all will because we love it so much.

You are very brave for asking 'users' for input!! Thanks to everyone that works to make this site what it is, including the 'users'!

Also thanks to SCS for updating the original message and adding the Q&A it really helps us understand what is going on and why some options are truely not options.

Last edited by cloetzu; 09-24-2005 at 10:04 AM..
Old 09-24-2005, 06:50 AM   #845
Stazon Splitcoast

Default worth every cent!

Daven and Tracy

This site is worth every cent of my money paid to the Fan club. I've had so much fun on here with the swaps forum paticularly but have to admit to not looking at the galleries too much lately 'cos of the slowness! I wouldn't even mind paying double to access all the great stuff on here as that would only work out at less $1 a week!! Where else can you get such great ideas, meet so many people with similar interests and spend time happily browsing all the 'cool' forums. $50 for 52 weeks of ideas and pleasure = less than $1 a week SO $25 (the actual cost) for 52 weeks access to this site is LESS THAN 50c PER WEEK. How can anyone complain?!!!!

Ruth
Old 09-24-2005, 06:56 AM   #846
Polyshrink Goddess

Default Payment options...

Usually I am not so dense, but...

Are our only payment options paypal or mailing in a check? I thought I read I could use a credit card, but I only see paypal on the payment page.

I'm concerned my check will not be processed by Oct 1 with all of the possible mail delays in tx.

Am I missing something?

Give our SCS Team a break...No uploads on Sundays!

Lions and tigers and my blog, oh my!

Visit my site here!!
Old 09-24-2005, 07:17 AM   #847
Mad Swapper

Thumbs up

I completely understand the situation and applaud everyone at SCS for their continued efforts and work on this site! Even though I am not a stampin up demonstrator, I am a HUGE purchaser of stampin up sets (I own approx 130 sets), and I absolutely LOVE this site, and I am a paid fan member. I totally support your idea with one exception....I feel that everyone should be able to upload their stamped projects. But if that is not possible, then so be it. However, I LOVE the site and am very grateful for the efforts poured into it, so I say do what you need to do. You have many dedicated members who will continue to support you.....there is a huge community of stampin up demonstrators AND stampers that will stand by you. For those who do not wish to pay the membership fee.....it's their choice and none of you at SCS should feel bad for it - after all, none of you HAVE to do this....you do it out of the kindness of your hearts! I thank all of you behind the SCS site for your work and dedication to the site!! Leeci

Old 09-24-2005, 07:24 AM   #848
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcpaige
Usually I am not so dense, but...

Are our only payment options paypal or mailing in a check? I thought I read I could use a credit card, but I only see paypal on the payment page.

I'm concerned my check will not be processed by Oct 1 with all of the possible mail delays in tx.

Am I missing something?
You should be able to use your CC through Paypal.
Old 09-24-2005, 07:33 AM   #849
Die Cut Diva

I think making this a paid site is perfectly reasonable. I joined the fan club gallery to help support this place, bought a t-shirt to help support this place, and I will pay a yearly fee to help support this place too.

I'm astounded we've been able to have FREE galleries to upload our creations to for this long! You can have as many cards in your galleries as you want and that alone is well worth paying a fee for. I want my card creations that are in SCS's galleries to be safe from horrible server mishaps because SCS is a back up for me. If for some reason I lose my images on my system, I know they are safe at SCS. It's worth it to pay a small yearly fee to help keep the servers top notch and running smooth. Not to mention fast speeds will sure be a welcome thing! In addidtion to all that, it's important that the people who work behind the scenes to make all this possible get compensated for their time.
Old 09-24-2005, 07:35 AM   #850
Kookie Creator

Default Fees

I am new to this site and have enjoyed it. Really did not know about the fan club until you posted your note. I have mixed feelings about your situation having been in business for 25 years. You did mention that you have been funded by sponsors. One of your biggest sponsors should be Stampin Up as this is really a site about their products. The people buying their products use this site for ideas, resources and forums. People buy products because of this site. The customer really should not be paying for the information, the company should be paying for the work you do because it is one of the greatest means of advertising for all of their products. You combine all types of information for Stampin Up including their demonstrators sites.

You could get more sponsors to help pay for the work you do buy making this a site for all rubber stampers, scrapping and really any paper products.........it could be your goal for the future.

You have raised many issues with your question.....1. Should the customer pay for the advertising of a company. Of course, the answer is yes but in the cost of the product plus overhead. A company must pay their overhead and it is their responsibility to keep the cost down but quite "nickel and diming "the customer to death. In 25 years, we never charged for a catalogue and shipped all over the world and were able to retire at 50.

2. Should a person be charged to view a site on the internet...only time will tell on this. The internet has opened doors to the world that might not have been seen if it weren't for its existence There again, the cost needs to be included in the cost of product.

3. I assume that you are not directly connected to Stampin Up. If you are not and started this venture to help others know about their products, you should be paid........by them and any other company that you decide to represent.

The "Technology Revolution" (the last one was the Industrial Revolution) has changed the way we do business but it is time to return to the good basics of doing business. Business that use these practices will always survive in the end as they put their customer first and offer a good product.

Those of you that created this site are sitting on a gold mine and need to think very carefully about the road you are going to take with this idea. You appear to be young and know your products and technology.......go for whatever will work for you. There are probably 100's of options open to you with what you have. You are at one of the many crossroads that you will face. You started with an idea to share your love of a product and now must decide if you have a business because costs are increasing and someone must pay for that. You either stay at the level you are or you turn this into a business venture.....go for it if you have weighed the life changes that will also occur. Now, I sound like your mother....sorry!

Got a little side -tracked but you have a wonderful site that offers so much to so many. I have told everyone I know that does rubber stamping, scrap booking, likes paper products and just general crafts. One of the greatest gifts you have given people that view your site is that people are wonderful and the same all over the world.....they will help and share no matter what is going on around them that is negative. You really have shown this through all of your forums. Even one for people that just want to talk to those that need prayers. Your site is very interesting to study because it shows so many economic and social thoughts and issues. (I don't think I am explaining this correctly--having a Senior Moment). A great thesis for Graduate School!

I have also been turned onto Stampin Up as they also have quite a business idea. I have been rubber stamping just a few years and kept away from Stampin Up as you could not sell your cards using their stamp sets. Since they changed their way of doing business, I love their product. You can purchase stamps with word stamps included....the set idea is great. But, I also have lots of other stamps from Hero Arts, Above the Mark, etc.....the list goes on. It is great to incorporate all in stamping.

You are probably well aware where rubber stamping is heading by just looking at what Michaels Stores, Scrap Book Stores, etc. are doing. The term Paper Products covers everything now including art, general crafts, scrap book and rubber stamping. The level of the products, designs and users has increased to the form of "Art". This is an industry that is worth billions of dollars now and you are at the next level for its expansion. Enjoythe ride.

Of course, I will probably pay the charge of $24.95 to be able to view the areas I want. If you go no further with this idea than where you are now, it is probably a good idea to have different levels of pricing.

Thank you for all your hard work and I really appreciate and know what you are feeling. It is known as "Growing Pains". Have fun, take time to smell the roses as ideas have a way of creating monsters if you don't control it. I am really on your side of the problem.

Chatty Cathy 25
Old 09-24-2005, 07:43 AM   #851
Kookie Creator

Default Dues

Hope I posted my reply on the correct page. It is on page 22 not page 1. Sorry

Chatty Cathy
Old 09-24-2005, 07:45 AM   #852
Cardstock Collector

I think this is a great idea! It has been too cheap for too long!

Also, as a demo, I would love to see you split it up so that some portion is still free - like current Minicatalog sets or specials. Then, I can send customers who are new, they will get something to see and maybe have a taste for more from both of us!
Old 09-24-2005, 07:52 AM   #853
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by ny2nh
Now I think I am getting confused! Non-paid members will have access to the A-Z categories, the meber galeries, and the technique galleries?
Yes. Please reread Daven's original post. He has stated that he wants to keep this site a free resource.
For the long term health of the Splitcoast community, however, I believe that the best course of action is to remain a free site. We'll restrict the gallery for only as long as it takes to address our traffic problems.

Quote:

Are the only things paid members will have additional access to is the Dirty Dozen and the ability to upload?
After the gallery has been refurbished, the current plan is to go back to business as usual. Everyone, no matter whether they support the site financially or not, will be able to upload and view the galleries just as they can today. It may change, but again, see the response above.

Quote:

I think it really important that there be a need to subscribe. If the DD and uploads are the only missing things, it would too easy to stay on the free side.
I think it *is* easy to stay on the free side, but the loyalty and a feeling of community and wanting to give back to the community encourage splitcoasters to donate. Since its inception, the Fan Club has been a thank you for those that want and are able to support the community. If you have read many of the previous posts, you'll see that many of the people have donated not to view the DD, but to give back to the community.

And again, uploads will be back once the gallery is visible to all.
Old 09-24-2005, 07:55 AM   #854
Stazon Splitcoast

Well, Daven, I think you have your answer. Now we're all just repeating ourselves, since this thread has grown so large that most of the more recent posters don't want to bother reading the other 29 pages of responses. I encourage everyone to read Daven's first post to this thread, as he has edited it to respond to many of the more frequent questions. He has, for example, explained why the tiered system of access that many have suggested is not logistically possible.

My Stampin' Up! blog
"I'm a time traveler -- I point and laugh at archaeologists." 10th Doctor, "Silence in the Library"
Old 09-24-2005, 08:11 AM   #855
Cardstock Collector

First of all ,I want to thank you for such an awesome site. My regret is that I just found out about this site a few days ago. I completely understand that the paying members would be frustrated if they had to wait forever to get into the gallery. I was wondering though if there is any way that you could set it up so that nonmembers could go in like for an hour here or an hour there during nonpeak times when maybe there wasnt a lot of member use?
If not, I do understand, it was just a thought.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
You have a great site!!
Old 09-24-2005, 08:21 AM   #856
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by splitcoaststampers
On October 1, SCS will begin restricting most gallery access to Fan Club members only.

Free access to the Splitcoast galleries will be restored once gallery-related traffic issues are resolved.

For the entire story, see our announcment on the home page or read it here:
gallery announcement

For complete Fan Club information, look here:
Fan Club page

We want to know your thoughts, discuss below!

Answers to some questions

How much is a Fan Club subscription?
Fan Club subscriptions increased slightly this year, to $25 for 12 months.

Will non-paying members lose all access to the gallery?
Non-paying members will still have access to Member Galleries and Technique Spotlight galleries.

Is this change permanent?
The gallery will be free and open to all again, once our software and servers are able to handle the traffic load. The Fan Club galleries will always remain part of the benefit for paying members.

Are you making this change for financial reasons?
No. We hate it for financial reasons! We hate the fact that anyone might consider leaving us because they don't wish to pay a fee to access the gallery.

We're making the change for two reasons. First, it's not fair to our paying members that they pay for an inferior experience. Second, our servers and software are unable to handle our current traffic load. The only way the gallery can remain functional is to reduce the load until we can get further improvements in place.

10:30 AM (pacific) Friday, 11/23

Lot's of great feedback, thanks everyone. For all the incredibly kind words too. Wow! Thank you so much.

Please, be extra tolerant with negative reactions to this announcement. I asked for feedback and it's important to hear from those who have reservations about it.

Many of the posts so far relate to the financial impact of this announcement. There's no question that we will gain more paid members, at least in the short term, as a result of restricting access to much of the gallery.

For the long term health of the Splitcoast community, however, I believe that the best course of action is to remain a free site. We'll restrict the gallery for only as long as it takes to address our traffic problems.

I'm getting a slew of e-mail with questions about the Fan Club, and won't be able to respond to most of them in a timely fashion. Your best source of Fan Club information is here:
Fan Club page

More Questions & Answers

What about free trial memberships?
Any trial membership system could easily be skirted by re-joining the site with a new username. We don't want to create a negative incentive for "counterfeit" usernames.

What about a tiered membership system?
I prefer simplicity whenever possible and tiered memberships create complications for you and also for us.

What about partial-year memberships?
We will do partial-year Fan Club memberships, look for this very soon.

What if we trimmed down the number of uploads or restricted uploads in some way?
Uploads and file size are not contributing in a meaningful way to the performance issues that we're experiencing in the gallery. We will probably never need to place limits on the amount of items you upload.

Why do uploads have to be restricted for non-Fan Club members?
Since Member Galleries and Technique Spotlight are the only galleries that non-Fan Club members will see, they also won't be able to upload to other categories. Keeping the gallery organized requires us to keep uploads categorized properly and it would be difficult to do this with uploads from non-Fan Club members.

I juist want to encourage everyone to read this original post before responding, I don't think enough people are really reading all of the Q & A's

Old 09-24-2005, 08:42 AM   #857
Matboard Maniac

Smile Thanks!

Thanks for the clear up-dates!
Old 09-24-2005, 08:49 AM   #858
Stampin' Fool

All through these pages my daughter kept saying what are you doing....yelling at the puter

Read the first post.....LOL
Cathy member #11852
The Stamp Whisperer
Where the spirt of the lord is, there is freedom. 2 Cor 3:17
Old 09-24-2005, 08:49 AM   #859
Insane Embellisher

Wink

The only place I saw to send the money to was "[email protected]" is that right? If I just made a donation to ? please tell me the correct address for paypal. After all it's only money not my first born, although I'd gladly send him

Last edited by havetostamp; 09-24-2005 at 08:54 AM..
Old 09-24-2005, 08:53 AM   #860
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by havetostamp
The only place I saw to sent the money to was "[email protected]" is that right? If I just made a donation please tell me the correct address for paypal. After all it's only money
Perfecto!
Old 09-24-2005, 09:02 AM   #861
This reminds me of a Star Trek episode....

Hey, Chatty Cathy, just wanted to talk about your idea about having Stampin' Up! fund us.

The thing is - we want to be able to vent about SU! also, and so don't want them or anyone else to have any "control" if you know what I mean!

They have their own little Discussion Forum on their company website, just for demos. Every post is moderated. (Which is fair, considering it's the company forum.) But here - we wanted MORE than that. At least that's why I come here for info. Faster answers, more varied answers, and when something doesn't work, it gets fixed. (The SU! forum no longer works to alert you to further posts on a thread.)

So while your idea is an intriguing one, if SU! wanted to buy an ad on this site, I guess they could. LOL. But we don't want them to have any say in it, right?? We want TAC demos and customers of all kinds to be welcome.

Thanks for your input, it was interesting!!!!!

"Fun must be always." - Tomas Hertl, San Jose Sharks
"It was fun." - Kirk, Star Trek: Generations
Old 09-24-2005, 09:15 AM   #862
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dorinda
I juist want to encourage everyone to read this original post before responding, I don't think enough people are really reading all of the Q & A's
DITTO! I finally went to bed last night after giving up on this thread, lol! I HAVE read through each and every post since the thread started. I realized that waaaay too many people are reacting rather than responding, and I believe it's because they are NOT totally understanding.

READ the OP (post #1)! Daven has edited it to answer questions and comments that have come up throughout the last bazillion pages of this thread. THEN read the whole thread.
Old 09-24-2005, 09:22 AM   #863
Inking Addict

Thumbs up Fees

I'm not sure if you are still reading post on this topic - but here is mine. I completely agree and feel that you should charge to access the gallery, if not the whole site. The is hands down the best source of info I've found on stamping. $20.00 is less than any magazine subscription, and I've not found any mag with as much info. I have not paid yet, simply because I've heard that paying doesn't make it any eaiser or quicker to get into the gallery. You better believe that I'll be paying my $20.00 before Oct. 1st. I value this site tremendously and would hate to miss anything.

?? - Would you consider asking Stampin Up! to contribute money. I think this site is responsible for tons of SU sales. Before I go to any SU demo, I check here first to decide what stamp sets to buy.

Thank you for all your hard work and dedication. This site is truly worth it!

Visit My Gallery

Kelly
Old 09-24-2005, 09:26 AM   #864
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by krazy**kel
I'm not sure if you are still reading post on this topic - but here is mine. I completely agree and feel that you should charge to access the gallery, if not the whole site. The is hands down the best source of info I've found on stamping. $20.00 is less than any magazine subscription, and I've not found any mag with as much info. I have not paid yet, simply because I've heard that paying doesn't make it any eaiser or quicker to get into the gallery. You better believe that I'll be paying my $20.00 before Oct. 1st. I value this site tremendously and would hate to miss anything.

?? - Would you consider asking Stampin Up! to contribute money. I think this site is responsible for tons of SU sales. Before I go to any SU demo, I check here first to decide what stamp sets to buy.

Thank you for all your hard work and dedication. This site is truly worth it!
Please read Stampin Wrose's post just a couple of entries above yours. She explains part of why, as great a company as SU! is, we do NOT want them to pay to support this site.

My Stampin' Up! blog
"I'm a time traveler -- I point and laugh at archaeologists." 10th Doctor, "Silence in the Library"
Old 09-24-2005, 09:32 AM   #865
Rubber Obsessor

MAKE IT $10 INSTEAD OF $20!!!!!!!!! More people can justify that amount to their other halves!!!!!!

-Elizard
Old 09-24-2005, 09:35 AM   #866
Kookie Creator

Thumbs up Sign my up for the Fan Club!

I have been toying for the past few months with joining the Fan Club. I had decided not to because I work full time. The server goes down so often during my noon lunch hour at work or in the evenings when I get home, I've felt it was not worth it as I couldn't depend on accessing the site when I do manage to find some free time.

I really don't mind in the least joining the Fan Club now - knowing not only that you'll be providing me a more dependable site but that you're working behind the scenes to improve the performance for everyone.

Thank you! Thank you! My full time job is in IT - working on major intranet systems with complex multi servers, mainframe, etc. and I personally know the pain the IT team feels when our "customers" (in my case - my co-workers) complain about a slow or undependable system. I applaud the SCS team that keeps this site going! Thank you so much for all your work and dedication.

I'm also thrilled with the number of supporting votes from my co-SCS viewers saying it's the right thing to do. I'm grateful so many are understanding! This is some awesome site! Please do keep it going through this transition.

My Fan Club membership fee will be following shortly!
Old 09-24-2005, 09:40 AM   #867
Forum Fanatic

I will miss the gallery dearly

I completely agree with there being a fee to access the gallery. I ahve found some many resources on here that I haven't found anywhere else.

On the other hand I cannot pay the 25 dollars.
Literally I had to scrimp and save 200 dollars and it took almost a year to save up for my demo kit. Sadly after this quarter I will no longer be a demo.
Here is the story, after groceries and bills we have 2 dollars left to our name so I cannot even think about anything extra. I loved my access and the friends I have made on here.

I know there are probably others out there that are in my shoes too.

Daven and Tracy you have an amazing site here and it has truely helped me in more ways than I can ever thank you.
Old 09-24-2005, 09:48 AM   #868
Hardware Hotshot

Daven and Tracy,

Thanks for the terrific site and everything you have done to make this the number 1 place to go to veiw great ideas, find resources and talk on the forum. I think the 25.00 fee for uploading to the gallery is to be expected. If I understand correctly, anyone can still view the gallery, but to upload one must pay.

Someone correct me if I misread this. At any rate, I am already a paid member of the fan club and will continue to be a member.

Thanks for all the hard work.

When you get in a tight place and everything goes against you, till it seems as though you could not hold on a minute longer, never give up then, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn. -- Harriet Beecher Stowe
Old 09-24-2005, 10:00 AM   #869
clean and krafty

Send a message via Skype™ to willosmama

Quote:

Originally Posted by prozacstampinmama
I completely agree with there being a fee to access the gallery. I ahve found some many resources on here that I haven't found anywhere else.

On the other hand I cannot pay the 25 dollars.
Literally I had to scrimp and save 200 dollars and it took almost a year to save up for my demo kit. Sadly after this quarter I will no longer be a demo.
Here is the story, after groceries and bills we have 2 dollars left to our name so I cannot even think about anything extra. I loved my access and the friends I have made on here.

I know there are probably others out there that are in my shoes too.

Daven and Tracy you have an amazing site here and it has truely helped me in more ways than I can ever thank you.
You will always be able to keep in touch with the friends you have made on here!!! Don't leave them, they may miss you!

Spellbinders DT Coordinator

Old 09-24-2005, 10:30 AM   #870
Mad Swapper

Location: in a seaside cottage in Maine, IRL off the Beltway in Northern VA

I can easily spend $20-$25 dollars a week at Starbucks without even blinking. So I have no problem paying. Hey Starbucks is too fattening anyway, I'll just save for the season specials like Pumpkin Spice or Eggnog Lattes , I'll drink them while I look through the gallery
I know it takes a lot of effort to keep this website up & running so a nominal fee is not too much to ask.

Forget Regret Or Life Is Yours To Miss
Old 09-24-2005, 11:10 AM   #871
Polyshrink Goddess

Thumbs up

I completely understand the stituation. I have only been a FCM for a few months and am sorry I didn't contribute sooner. Its a very tough decision and many things need to be weighed out. As someone once said, 'You can't get nothing for FREE." Well, this site has been the biggest contributor to my skill as a stamper and scrapbooker and so I certainly will contribute back to SCS!!! I would rather pay $24.95 for a years membership than pay for a magazine subscription or an idea book. Here I find ideas, techniques and 100% of the time I get answers to my questions about those ideas and techniques. Can you get that from a magazine?

Thank you for making SCS such an awesome site and no matter what decisions are made, I will support you 100%. I know I'm only one voice but I know you have many, many supporters out there. Thank you again for all your hard work and dedication.
Old 09-24-2005, 11:12 AM   #872
Insane Embellisher

Thumbs up

of COURSE i had to sign up immediately. these people have become my friends. their cards have become my best inspiration and work! thanks so much for all you do. you know, some things are just worth the price. for a stampaholic, splitcoast is worth every dime. i also am very sad for those who are living on a tight budget and literally cannot afford it. sigh.

Stampin' Up! demonstrator
Old 09-24-2005, 11:33 AM   #873
Kookie Creator

I think thats alittle over $2 A MONTH is more then worth it.
I mean come on you cant even hardly go to the movies on that anymore.

I look at it like this. For any of you who have husband/kids or game your self.
how much money are you willing to pay for that? 15+ a month? or a $50 video same every three.. heck even once a year you are paying TWICE what you would pay for this site.

These people are busting there butts to bring this is to US its just Greed to say i wont come if i dont get it free.

We all can way we cant afford it but thats BS its 2 bucks a MONTH we could not buy that extra candy bar or what ever and give it to a site that we all love and all use.

We pay for mags. with ideas why should we not have to pay here.

I think we should have been paying from the start *pats SCS on the back*
Thank you for asking for suport from your members what you bring us every day is MORE then worth it imho
Old 09-24-2005, 11:39 AM   #874
Compulsive Stamper

Default Will there still be a demo section?

I love the demo section. Will we lose this, or is this part of the members section? This is a great source fro inspiration when I have lost all mine.

I may have to go apply for the fan club......

Love this site. Keep up the great work everyone.....

Lavene
Old 09-24-2005, 11:53 AM   #875
Die Cut Diva

I totally support the pay-to-see plan. This site is soooo worth the money!

Thank you so much to everyone who makes this site what it is, and an extra special thanks to Daven, Tracy and the moderators for all your hard work!
Old 09-24-2005, 12:00 PM   #876
Hardware Hotshot

Please do whatever it takes to keep this site up and running. I will put it this way; paying the $25 a year for access to this site is by far cheaper (and better) therapy than I could ever receive in "the chair" at a Psych's office. I am a SAHM, and I need this place to have adult conversation and to have inspiration for my stamping.

A huge "thank you" to all of you for all that you do to keep SCS such a great place for the stamping (especially SU) enthusiasts. I have been a fan club member for several months now, but even if there weren't a fan club I would continue to support this great site. The DD gallery is just a HUGE bonus.

Daven and Tracey, I hope that one day you make a bundle off of this site. After all, this is America, and when someone has a great idea they should benefit from it.

Okay, now I am off to stamp
Member #2888
Old 09-24-2005, 12:14 PM   #877
Pearl-ExPert

As far as I'm concerned the money spent is well worth it. Go for it Daven. Do whatever you need.
Old 09-24-2005, 12:22 PM   #878
Dirty Dozen Alumni

I just have to say this once, I know Dorinda pointed this out once already in this thread. You can donate any amount you feel you can at any time. There is a PayPal link on the homepage for donations of any size.

The DDD is a Thank You to those who donate $24.95 at one time.

Honestly, I don't think the incentive should be any cheaper! Daven could request a $50 donation for the DDD club incentive, and I'd still pay it! And it's not because I think the DDD Gallery is super fab (which it is), but because I appreciate this website and all that is done behind the scenes.

I don't see a problem for having gallery restrictions for one month, in an effort to keep gallery traffic down so they can work on the problem. I also don't have a problem if this ever became a site where it was a permanent incentive that you are given gallery perks for an annual donation of a set amount.

The same argument of the price being "too high" keeps coming up and it doesn't make sense to me. If you can't afford to make a donation that will allow you the DDD Thank You this month, then just save up! Once you have access to the DDD, it is retroactive! You will not miss a beat on the DDD Gallery.

However, if you are not one who cares to have access to the DDD, then donate what you can to help keep this site running.

Last edited by WaterPixie; 09-24-2005 at 12:32 PM..
Old 09-24-2005, 12:28 PM   #879
Insane Embellisher

Default Great Idea!

I haven't read all 800+ posts, so please bear with me if I may be repeating

I had just a few thoughts....

1. Will the search option still work on the gallery if you are a non member? If it will you can do search for the title of the set you want to find samples of and get your samples by set that way. Remember, the gallery will not be closed to non-members, just the current organization we have come to love!

2. This is just a "bandaid" while they work out the problems to make the site better! Daven has stated he believes the site should remain free and it is! Some portions of it will be closed temporarily - "closed for renovations"

3. Considering the other options (take down the gallery altogether or make the site completly fee based) this is the best one. It still gives everyone access to the gallery on some level! Please don't leave this wonderful site forever just because you cannot upload or view the gallery by set name - just do a search if you are looking for a particular set!

4. From what I understand from Daven's posts, this is not to get more people to join the fan club, this is to "fix" the gallery to make it better for everyone! If everyone joined the fan club, traffic on the gallery would not be reduced and therefore they would not be able to make the necessary changes!

Good luck SCS team! We hope you get the job done with as much ease as possible! I look forward to the improvements
Old 09-24-2005, 12:32 PM   #880
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by 11Valerie11
She registered Feb 2004, is member # 2565......................I registered in October of that same year and am #16950, now it's up over 45,000 (according to the members page). That's EXPANSION that most websites would LOVE to have, and you just gotta pay for that.
Just to further put that into perspective, I joined July 31, 2005, and I'm member #49924! WOW! What an excellent membership base we have here, and that's not even counting the lurkers.

When I first read that they were going to start charging for some of the services I love, I was sad...but then I realized that $24.95 US (I'm in Canada) won't make or break me, and it's 100% worth it. I get so much inspiration from all you fellow stampers. I love this site!

I'm a 3rd year university student in Computer Science, so I understand the work and $$ that goes into this site...so much so that I can't believe it has been free for so long. I didn't have paid membership at any internet site till now...you have converted me! Go Splitcoast!

So, from one new fan club member to thousands others, keep those great ideas coming.

Heather
...of to surf my new forums...fan club membership rocks!

Last edited by winnie_555; 09-24-2005 at 12:36 PM..
Closed Thread