Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2005, 09:17 PM   #401
Kookie Creator

I keep reading that it's $20 but it's not it's now $24.95 the price has gone up 25% in one year if it continues to rise at that rate I'm not sure I would be able to afford it at all.

As others have said I'm a SAHM trying to make it as a demo on a restricted budget. I get why you need to do it but with the way prices are rising all around me this is a luxury I will not be able to afford in the future unfortunately. It's still cheaper than a tank of gas by me at $2.08 a month but right now I need that tank of gas. And after this weekend it will be half a tank.

Sorry to see the gallery go.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 09-22-2005, 09:18 PM   #402
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by witty5
As the infamous cookbook lady once said..... 'Just sayin'......
Infamous? Does that mean she's more than famous? She's "In" famous?!?

BWAHAHAHAH! Sorry!! What movie??

I always thought Catie was really nice, especially since she is one of the many moderators who gives of their time to help keep this site organized and friendly.

P.S. that will be $1.00
Old 09-22-2005, 09:22 PM   #403
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: The avie is my granddaughter & the bike that she races
Default I'm in

I'll be sending my membership in as soon as I can get a stamp. (used the last one today for SS card)
I've been thinking about it for a quite some time. I certainly don't have a problem with helping to support such a fantastic sight. Most of what I know, I learned here. $25 is pretty reasonable tuition for such an education.
Old 09-22-2005, 09:23 PM   #404
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrapmommy3
Sorry to see the gallery go.

Maybe Im totally misunderstanding this but as I understand it the gallery isnt 'going away'. Everyone will still be able to access it whether you pay or not. If you opt not to pay the fee you will only be able to access the gallery through 1 member's gallery at a time ...not with the by set feature we have now but the artwork will still be there!
Old 09-22-2005, 09:32 PM   #405
Stazon Splitcoast

Wow ya run to the post office and have dinner and there's 11 pages of drama to catch up on!!

I love SCS- I have made friends here it's not only a creative network it is a social network that has opened doors for me to meet people, and get great ideas! I am a member and will happily renew when the time comes! I know the extra "income" to SCS will bring on some rocking changes too!!
Old 09-22-2005, 09:33 PM   #406
Dirty Dozen Alumni

What do I think? What do I think? Well... I'll tell yah what I think.....

It's about FREAKING time baby!!! That's what I think!!!

I'm ready for the gallery to zoom, zoom, zoom!!!!

I'll tell yah.... seriously. I have always appreciated/respected the amount of work that Jenn, Beate, Julie, Britta, Catie, Kim etc. have put into the site and I've always helped out as much as I could, but until I recently started helping out officially as a moderator (and I only help minimal), I totally have a NEW respect for all that they do. I mean... I swear Jenn NEVER sleeps. The DDD keeps getting better and better each month (blows me away!). The tutorials are THE best on the net. And man.... I swear Britta ALWAYS has the right words for ANY occasion!! And yes, I've paid for gift subscriptions, bought t-shirts, clicked on ads to help, but I tell yah, there is NOTHING that I can give to the Noltas to show the gratitude I feel for the friendships I've made on this site!! NOTHING compares and that is truly PRICELESS!!

Oh, not to mention that guy Big Daddy!! Sorry Big D....I forgot to mention you!! Oh, and the wonderful Tracy who puts up with him always being on the computer!!!

Okay... off the box. I just think it's the best way to go and very fair. It is frustrating to the people who have paid to have the gallery so slow and I think it's amazing that the rest of the site will remain completely free..... not to mention our own member galleries!!!

Thanks for all that EVERYONE contributes to make this site THE best!! I mean sheesh... where else can you go and post a question to have it answered by so many AWESOME women all in the matter of a few minutes?

Yep... we are all DA bombs baby!!! (That Da part is just for you Consuelo, cuz you know I really wanted to say THE!!)

I think I'm gonna go and buy another freaking t-shirt.

~C
Old 09-22-2005, 09:33 PM   #407
Die Cut Diva

Red face Do you tell us when our membership runs out???

I joined the fan club, but I don't remember when!!! I don't even remember how much I sent in!!! HOW BAD IS THAT!!!

Anywho, how do we know when our money runs out??? I don't want to be cut off on the 1st!!!! Do you send renewal pm's???

PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!

I'm freakin........
NEW 2019 House of the Month SwapVisit my Ronald McDonald House Thread Thanks everyone!!! *** Check it out-- we have donated more than 35,757 cards to Ronald McDonald Houses across the country since 2008!!!!
Old 09-22-2005, 09:34 PM   #408
Stazon Splitcoast

Default I agree!!

This is the most wonderful site.. I have a friend that told me about it, and she couldn't understand why I didn't check it out.. so one day I did.. and have been checking it out every day since. I became a member to see the dd designes, and to try and help out a little with the money thing..
I also couldn't believe something so wonderful could be free..
so I will be here whatever you decide to do.. thanks so much for all of your long days of hard work... you are so greatly appreciated!!!!
Old 09-22-2005, 09:37 PM   #409
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by janiekay
I joined the fan club, but I don't remember when!!! I don't even remember how much I sent in!!! HOW BAD IS THAT!!!

Anywho, how do we know when our money runs out??? I don't want to be cut off on the 1st!!!! Do you send renewal pm's???

PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!

I'm freakin........

Don't sweat it! They are organized! You will get an e-mail notification when your subscription is about to run out, giving you pleanty of time to renew so that you don't miss a beat!
Old 09-22-2005, 09:38 PM   #410
Forum Fanatic

Default Pay??? No Problem!

I'm fairly new to this site, but I have to say that I visit every day and can't even think about making a card without coming here for inspiration. I have been putting off joining "the club" but not any longer!!
I believe you get what you pay for, and I'm willing to cut my monthly budget down for a month to keep this site running at it's best.

Tracy and Daven~Thank you!!! Words alone cannot describe all the joy, friendships and pleasure you bring to so many of us.

As an upside, I hope someday your labor of love here will retire you in style. You deserve it!

Hugs,

Life with Jen
http://jenguarino.com
Old 09-22-2005, 09:38 PM   #411
Polyshrink Goddess

I could only stand to read about 3 pages of this before I jumped to the end...

I'm all for whatever it takes to keep this site up, and to make the gallery go faster. I'm an official addict, so whatever it takes from here, I'm in. I think I'm more afraid that I'll not want you to go back after October is up...

I know I wouldn't have been willing to join upfront, I just didn't get it. I wasn't a member of any online site before, so the thought of paying was foreign to me. I actually thought, "Who are these crazy people and why don't they have lives?" Never would have suspected I'd be hooked like I am. So, if this changed ended up being permanent, I think all new members might benefit a 60 day trial. Enough time to get them hooked if they're interested, and enough time to not care if it's not for them.

Thanks so much to all the Splitcoast team- you're great and we're so grateful for the blessing you've been!
Old 09-22-2005, 09:43 PM   #412
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by Catie
Don't forget the boat they bought to sail down to my beach house in Fiji that I bought with the cookbook money.

I actually read every single post to this thread....some p*ssed me off....others made me go "Woo-hoo!". ASSUMING that certain people aren't talking out of their heinie with the whole "money maker" crap-ology, if D & T made $1M-so what? There are upgrades, software, consulants, designers to pay....oh! And a little thing called a morgage....Big D and T give blood, sweat, and tears to this site....FOR US! I wouldn't dream to be so arrogant that I would make that kind of "interesting" statement.

THAT said-$25 is me robbing The Noltas blind for the ideas, support, and friendship that this site offers. Just sayin'.
Oooh-Kitty likes to scratch.
Old 09-22-2005, 09:43 PM   #413
Kookie Creator

Question Question about Fees

Ok, I admit, I haven't read this entire thread yet, so maybe this question has already been asked & answered, if so, please feel free to send me a private message if you have the answer. Thanks!

Ok, my question is? Would the $24.95 fee also give access to the DDD gallery or would there be an additional fee for that on top of it?

I'm one of those who LOVES the gallery, and totally wish I could afford to pay a fee right now, but I'm not sure that's possible. I love the fact that you can see so many great things and learn so much from this site, so I will probably be putting it on my Christmas list....BUT....I refer TONS of friends to this site, of course EVERYONE'S first question is "How much does it cost?" I wonder if there is anyway to do a "Trial Subscription for say 10 days" so that people can really see what this AWESOME site offers before committing to the paid subscription?

OH! One more question! Will I still be able to access my Favorites if I don't subscribe right after the Oct 1 change-over?

Thanks!
~Melanie
Old 09-22-2005, 09:48 PM   #414
Inking Addict

In todays world, $25 a year is nothing, that's a familys dinner at McDonalds. If we can afford to stamp then we can afford to pay for the site. Personally I wouldn't be very good at being a SU demonstrator without it. I love this site and now you have just convinced me to join, so thanks for all your efforts.
Old 09-22-2005, 09:50 PM   #415
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Nope... NOT another fee. In fact the DDD gallery is just a way of saying thanks for supporting the site!! You would for sure have access to the DDD gallery present plus all the back months!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Melanwee1
Ok, I admit, I haven't read this entire thread yet, so maybe this question has already been asked & answered, if so, please feel free to send me a private message if you have the answer. Thanks!

Ok, my question is? Would the $24.95 fee also give access to the DDD gallery or would there be an additional fee for that on top of it?

I'm one of those who LOVES the gallery, and totally wish I could afford to pay a fee right now, but I'm not sure that's possible. I love the fact that you can see so many great things and learn so much from this site, so I will probably be putting it on my Christmas list....BUT....I refer TONS of friends to this site, of course EVERYONE'S first question is "How much does it cost?" I wonder if there is anyway to do a "Trial Subscription for say 10 days" so that people can really see what this AWESOME site offers before committing to the paid subscription?

OH! One more question! Will I still be able to access my Favorites if I don't subscribe right after the Oct 1 change-over?

Thanks!
~Melanie
Old 09-22-2005, 10:00 PM   #416
Crimping Master

11 pages later... so proud of myself for reading it all!

Ummmm... if SCS were to ever go away... what would I do for the 10 minutes (or possibly just a little longer!) just after I put my toddler down for a nap and I desperately need to regain my sanity?

I am speaking as someone who has been a user of this site for looong time... I actually remember the days when there would only be only 4 or 5 new additions to the gallery per day! I have been a member for a long time, but haven't felt like I could afford the membership to the DDD for a variety of reasons (although I have drooled over the regular galleries of the DDD team girls and knew that I was missing out on tons of awesome stuff!). BUT, I will find something to sacrifice so that I can support SCS! I do appreciate this site and those who created it and spend time maintaining it and contributing to it. I also support the idea of the Noltas (and others!) being able to make a profit through SCS.

To love what we do and share what we love, as we help others enjoy creativity and worthwhile accomplishments... in this we make a difference!

- Stampin' Up!'s statement of the heart

I am not a demo, but have often wished I was at a time in my life when I could be one. It seems to me that Daven and Tracy (and others!) are doing just what this statement talks about. They are certainly sharing what they love (SU! for Tracy and technical knowledge for Daven) and helping others (me!) enjoy creativity and worthwhile accomplishments. And they do seem to be making a difference by doing those things as well as fostering a community of friendship and support.

I don't think that most SU! demonstrators would expect to share everything they know, provide demonstrations and stamp camps, and all of the other things they do without making any profit at all from it (be it in the form of stamps or instant income or whatever). I also don't think that most SU! customers would expect to get all of those things from a demonstrator, or even just order products, without the demonstrator making any kind of profit. I choose to see this situation as a very similar one... if SCS is able to provide faster gallery access, etc. with the profit made from new DDD memberships, and still have money left over, they certainly seem entitled to it to me.

Thank you for opening this topic up for opinions... I think it shows a lot of respect for those who frequent SCS and I appreciate that.
member #1507 gallery
witticisms... a witty blog
Old 09-22-2005, 10:01 PM   #417
Crimping Master

Smile

Personally, I understand that people like things for free BUT I cannot imagine people not understanding that this site costs money. NOT to mention all of the many hours that goes into keeping the site up and giong.

The bottom line is that it should not cost the "creators and maintainers" of the site money so that we can all enjoy it and... people enjoying it should all be paying the same price to do so! Why would some people think that it is ok for others to pay and support the site but others to "lurk" for free...seems like common sense to me.

This is a fabulous site and if everyone on the site had been contributing to a membership, the site would have been able to have the best technology available all along.

Anyone who spends any time on the site should be willing to support it as someone has to pay and maintain it!
Old 09-22-2005, 10:01 PM   #418
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by acer
Oooh-Kitty likes to scratch.

Dude, don't.
Old 09-22-2005, 10:15 PM   #419
Stazon Splitcoast

I have waded through all the posts and am in awe at the boldness and rudeness used by so many. It all comes down to this is Daven and Tracy's site and they can do as they please. If you don't like it go find another "free" site to gather ideas.

Now to answer the original question, I support this decision and would not be offended if this were a permanent decision.

Old 09-22-2005, 10:34 PM   #420
Embossing Fanatic

Cool PAID SITE?

I'm a new demo (only 2 months), but I have recommended the site to many people at workshops. People ALWAYS buy more when they've seen the wonderful things the SCS contributors can create. It gives them the confidence to make their own stamp works of art.

I agree that you need to be a member to upload works. But is there a way that we can have a deal where your first month is free when you register your username and then after that you need to become a member to continue access. This way, new people will still be attracted to the site, see how wonderful the "member" stuff is and join. If we don't do that, they won't know what they are missing!

Okay, I've put in my two sense. Time to send in my membership money!
Old 09-22-2005, 10:37 PM   #421
Die Cut Diva

What things would I have to sacrifice to afford my membership? Let's see...a week of Starbucks, a pair of cheap shoes, a night at the movies for two, Chinese Take-Out dinner or maybe a half-tank of gas...
I would give up any of those things in a heartbeat in order to not lose this site.

Maybe we can have scholarships for those who are on tighter budgets? The gift subscriptions are still in effect, too, are they not?

$25/year is a bargain

Old 09-22-2005, 10:38 PM   #422
Dirty Dozen Alumni

I cannot believe I just read all 11 pages (and there were only 9 when I started reading) - I may be too exhausted to type now, but here goes...

Daven - I can only imagine how frustarting the gallery problems have been for you! And I know how much you've always wanted the site to remain free, so I'm sure the idea of even a temporary "paid only" change has been agonizing for you. Asking for everyone's feedback was such a generous thing to do. SCS ROCKS! You and Tracy ROCK!!! I'm behind you all the way - do whatver you need to need to do!

After spending all evening just to get through this thread (with a little time out for The Apprentice) I have a few comments to make -

***No one needs to say goodbye to SCS. Please read and re-read Daven's post. It is TEMPORARY and no one will be denied access to SCS - there will simply be some restrictions on some gallery access. Let's not make it more than it is.

***I'm on my 2nd year as a paying member. As others have said, I paid to help support the site, not to gain access to the DDD. The DDD is AWESOME and I so appreciate all the talent and work that goes into it, but for me that was a great bonus. The real reason to pay is because you use/enjoy SCS in some/any way and no matter how much Daven wants to keep it free, that is truly impossible.

***As a paying member I have found the gallery problems and slow downs to be really annoying. Have I complained? No. But I'm all for whatever it takes to get the gallery speed back up. I have been staying up till midnight just to get through the gallery and make some comments. It makes me sad that I have not been able to comment nearly as much as I used to. And the slowness has seriously restricted my access to the DDD which is super annoying!

***If at any point the Noltas choose to make this an entirely paid site I would fully support that decision. I do not believe it would have an overall negative impact on the site.

***Regarding gallery quality issues - while we may lose some members if a fee is required, there has always been great work in the gallery. There was great stuff when we had 5000 members and there will continue to be great work if the membership comes down some from the 50,000 we have now. I would not like the idea of limiting how many samples we can have in our galleries or how often we can upload.

***Trial memberships, tiered pricing, paying twice a year, etc. all could be good ideas once the pros and cons are properly evaluated.

***Although it will never happen, I would absolutley LOVE to see the Noltas become millionaires from this site. At the very least they should make a very decent income here IMO.

A HUGE thank you to the DDD, the moderators and everyone who helps make this My Happy Place!!!!!!!!

Let's get the gallery smokin' again!!!!!!!

Old 09-22-2005, 10:42 PM   #423
Duchess of Dork

I think it's worth the money to have the whole gallery, but if I were new, I would totally skip this site if I heard I had to pay. It took me a long time to finally pay for the DDD & I love seeing it, but like others, don't go there that much. I love the features of the gallery (it also took me awhile to figure out you could save things to My Favorites---I was saving each image to my computer if I liked it!).

I only came to the point of joining the club (mainly due to financial reasons) after several months of enjoying the gallery. As long as there is still some access to the gallery (as you mentioned there would be), for non-members, I think it would be good. I'd sure want to have a sample of something before I paid money up front.

Thanks!
Old 09-22-2005, 10:51 PM   #424
Pearl-ExPert

As many others have said, $25/year is a bargain. I don't subscribe to any crafting magazines, I peak at them in the store, but there isn't enough in one of them even to spend three bucks. Sure there are a few other sites with Stampin' Up galleries, but SCS is the Cadillac. (Well, that used to be a phrase that meant the ultimate best, but insert the luxury car of your choice here).

But, I can't understand why you don't ask Stampin' Up for a grant. They owe you big time for all the sets that have been bought by people who were convinced they needed a set by looking at the samples in the gallery here. I know I've bought many because of it. A grant (not a sponsorship) would not have strings attached if you thought they might want certain restrictions. Come on, lots of you have had Shelly's ear at convention. Ask and you may receive! Should we start a letter writing campaign? Um, I mean a card writing campaign.

My Fan membership is up next month and I will be renewing without question.

~ Kathy

Old 09-22-2005, 11:15 PM   #425
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by Melody Smith
I do not like the idea. You've just made everyone who isn't a fan club (paying) member, a second class citizen. If the change is made I will no longer visit this site.
Quote:

Originally Posted by mamakimberly
That's pretty ballsy wording!

Second class citizen?

Do you feel like a second class citizen if you go to a gym you don't belong to and they don't let you work out on their equipment?

Do you feel like a second class citizen if you take your kids to a day care that you don't pay to use and they don't let you leave your kids there?

Anyone can become a member, you just gotta pay up! There's no second class about it! If they said you have to be hot, over 5'6" and have green eyes, that would be exclusive. Asking for money is not exclusive!
Thanks MamaK for addressing this. I would not have said it quite so nicely and quite frankly not only was I offended by the *pause, deep breath,. . . . don't go there*

Again, thanks for addressing this comment.
Old 09-22-2005, 11:29 PM   #426
Crimping Master

I just don't buy the premise that you can't afford to subscribe to SCS and you can afford to stamp.

This is NOT a cheap hobby. How much did you spend the last time you went to the dollar store?

Someone complaining in this nightmare thread is a demo. If you can make your quarterly minimums, you can pay for a subscription. It's a choice.

An annual subscription is < a hodgepodge kit, an average stamp set, or this month's SU! special deal.
Old 09-22-2005, 11:33 PM   #427
Insane Embellisher

I joined SCS in May of 2004. I donated to the site last summer and I donated again before going to convention. I rarely look at the DD gallery. Heck, I rarely go to any of the galleries! I have learned so much since I came here and the $25 a year is totally worth it. I was already planning on donating again next month to help them out and if it means a faster gallery time, I deff will be contributing more. I don't see how anyone can argue with this discision. From what I have read, not much will be changing. Thank you Daven, Tracy and all of the SCS team members for everything that you have provided for us! BTW, I too met them briefly at the SCS dinner during convention and I really doubt they are trying to swindle us all out of a bunch of money! They do spend a lot of time on here taking care of everything for us and I think it would be great if they could be compensated for it!

www.splitcoaststampers.com/go/tamtam79
Old 09-22-2005, 11:38 PM   #428
Postapalooza Mama

I have NO PROBLEM WHATSOEVER with paying for the PRIVI-
LEDGE of being able to cruise this AWESOME site 24/7/365 for
the wealth of information in the forums & tutorials, the AMAZING
galleries, the ability to ask a question about a technique or product,
and get helpful, enlightening & wonderful replies in a matter of a few minutes. Not to mention the wonderful people I've "met" here,
that I would not otherwise have had the priviledge to know. I've
met a few people that I truly believe will be friends for life. So
to me, $20 or $24.95 is a small & well-spent price to pay to keep
this site up & running for years & years to come.
To DAVEN, TRACY, ALL the moderators, & EVERYONE behind the
scenes, two words.........THANK YOU! YOU ALL ROCK!!!
Old 09-22-2005, 11:47 PM   #429
Crimping Master

Thumbs up

Daven and all who work to make this site such a terrific site,

I am so thankful for all that you do, and quite honestly I am quite often shocked and surprised at all the time and effort that ALL of you put into making SCS run!! I can only imagine the growing pains the technical support team has had to address, and I support any decision you make in regard to the site!

I recently became a paying member - and I did so not so much as to see the DD gallery (which I must admit, I do love), but more importantly to support the site. I just want you to know how VERY APPRECIATIVE I am too all of you!!

THANKS FOR ALL YOU DO!!

My very small, very slow growing, gallery!
Old 09-23-2005, 12:32 AM   #430
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by malindaplace
I just don't buy the premise that you can't afford to subscribe to SCS and you can afford to stamp.

This is NOT a cheap hobby.
My thoughts, exactly! I am already a member, I will continue to pay the membership yearly regardless because I LOVE this site! We have a COMMUNITY of stampers who support each other in all sorts of ways...nowwe need to support our site as well. Keep up the great work, Davin!

Old 09-23-2005, 12:57 AM   #431
Rubber Obsessor

All of us owe thanks and appreciation for the unbelievable work Davin and the other SCSers do to keep this website running. I know that I have been frustrated also with how slow the galleries have gotten lately. Even if I wasn't already a Fan club member, it would be very reasonable to change to a fee based website. Many other sites charge and they cannot compare to what we get here. I just subscribed to the Technique Junkies Newletter that comes out every other month and paid more than what we pay here! It is reasonable, fair and just makes sense for us to support this site that meets our needs than to have to find multiple sites to do the same thing (and less effectively).

You guys rock, the supporters of this site rock and I for one don't want to lose the benefits of this site over the need for minimal financial support. If others don't see the value of this site outwaying the pidly $20.00 fee, they are welcome to search for other alternatives that they would be happy with. I will continue to put my support here. Thank you for making this difficult decision and WE SUPPORT YOU!

Sandy
Old 09-23-2005, 01:23 AM   #432
Rubber Obsessor

I have been a member of the fan club for almost a year now. In that year I have gotten more inspiration for my card making than I can tell you. I own a stamp store and need awesome ideas and great techniques to offer my customers. I find everything I need here at SCS and feel the $25 a year is a small price to pay for those things. Although most of the samples in the galleries use Stampin Up stamps, I have been able to adapt the ideas to use with stamps I sell, and I tell all my customers to go to SCS for their inspiration. Several of them have joined the fan club after checking out the site, because they feel as I do, this site is well worth supporting.
Old 09-23-2005, 02:21 AM   #433
Insane Embellisher

Red face Painful but true!

Quote:

Originally Posted by karixma
but this year we've gone through serious financial reversals & I won't be able to afford it. I understand & agree with the decision though!
Yes! We have gone through cash flow problems too this year. I work for a recently bankrupt airline, taking a 20% paycut(10% last year,another 10% November 1st) and benefit cuts,the price of gas and yada yada yada.....you get the picture! I have to hold out as long as I can, until I get a little extra cash, and then I am joining the Fan Club! This may take a while, but hey....I think it will be well worth it!

I completely understand the change! Nothing is free! One thing NOT to change is the size of the samples in the gallery! This is what I love about SCS! Every other website has these funky sizes and I cant even see the details on the card!!!
Old 09-23-2005, 02:31 AM   #434
Gabfest Goddess

I'm for doing anything that will make visiting this site a more enjoyable experience. I was one of the first to become a paying member, and I've never regretted it. I said long ago that I thought even uploads should be limited to paying members.
As for this site being a money maker for Daven....what's wrong with that, if it ever happens?!!! Anyone with a great idea and the abilities to make it successful should be rewarded with financial success! Why would anyone think that the results of someone else's imagination and hard work should be available to them for nothing! Talk about entitlement!
Rock on, Daven and Company! I don't feel you should apologize if this site does become a financial boon to you. I hope you become millionaires!
Old 09-23-2005, 02:32 AM   #435
Mad Swapper

Talking

I haven't paid yet but I will! I have come to rely on this site for inspiration and ideas! I have a LOT of stampin' web sites in my favorites list but none compare to SCS! NONE!

I think it is reasonable to ask people to pay for the privilege of galleries by set. Heck...I think it is reasonable to ask people to pay for the privilege of galleries period.

This is a great site...the best! Most of the information here I can't even get on SU!'s website!
Old 09-23-2005, 02:34 AM   #436
Embossing Fanatic

Default Best Stamping Resource Available

Where else can you can so much inspiration and information for $20.? If that's what it takes to keep the site going, go for it!
Ciatate
Old 09-23-2005, 02:38 AM   #437
Glitter Guru

I was trying to read every post before posting something of my own but even at 5:00 in the morning the pages were increasing faster than I could read! I guess this is a testimony to your popularity! LOL!

I agree that the money spent to support this site is well worth it. Things can't stay the same when there are over 40,000 people using this site. Change is inevitable. My main concern is that I like to send my customers here. If they have to pay to see it they wont come. I like the idea of a limited free membership(like 30 days) so they can see if they would use it enough to pay the fee.

Thanks Daven and team for all that you do. I can't imagine my life without splitcoast!
Old 09-23-2005, 02:47 AM   #438
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Best site on the web!

Hi all, I got totally hooked on this site because it was free. I was a "peeper" for about 6 months. Had I discovered you all with the "sort of free" situation you're proposing, I think I may have still been interested, but what really hooked me was the excitement of the daily additions and what people were inventing with stamps, colors and techniques that I would never have thought of. I'm wondering if a smaller piece of the daily gallery might continue to be open to all. I'm very happy to be an official fan and will continue for the forseable (sp?) future ... Davin, there's a special place in stampers heaven for you!
jeaniebean55

Last edited by jeaniebean55; 09-23-2005 at 02:52 AM..
Old 09-23-2005, 02:59 AM   #439
Gallery Gazer

Smile

I haven't read all of the comments, but certainly agree that $25 is well worth it for all the help you receive here. I am now a member and don't know when my year is up so I do hope you can let me know ahead of time so my money can get there on time! Love this site and don't want to miss a minute of it. Thanks for everything you all do here.
Old 09-23-2005, 03:01 AM   #440
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Thumbs up

I said it before and I'll say it again -- I totally support Daven and Tracy in whatever decision they make. I hope they make enough to compensate them for their time, as well as the Dirty Dozen and the mods, as well as anyone else who has a hand in making this great site what it is!

SU Creative Crew Design Team
Closed Thread