Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

View Poll Results: Are Daven and Tracy getting rich off SCS?
Yeah, they have $$$ out the wazoo from SCS suckers. 18 3.27%
No not at all! It is a labor of love! 129 23.45%
They don't, but the SHOULD be! 403 73.27%
Voters: 550. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-25-2005, 01:23 PM   #41
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by dawn g
I think they should be getting something for all the work they do! I could live with them getting rich. This site has certainly enRICHed my life (does that sound too sad?)

I would also like to see the others like Jenn, Beate et al be compensated for their hard work too!
Well put!
Old 09-25-2005, 01:29 PM   #42
Stampin' Fool

I trust ya babe!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamakimberly
It was a joke. Trust me. Trust me trust me.

This web site is the best value of anything that I have run across in my few years of stampin. My favorite magazine, Stampers Sampler take ten, is $14.95 for one volume. How many do they publish a year, 4? So that is quite a bit more for just a magazine. Here you get tutorials, tons of business tips from other demos, and a huge gallery with acces to the person who made the card in case you have a question about how it was made. And that is just the tip of the iceberg of what this site offers. It can't be cheap to run, and if Daven and Tracy can get some financial gain from it, then that's great. They are providing a great service to all of us, they deserve to get some benefits too.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 09-25-2005, 01:44 PM   #43
Matboard Maniac

I will fork over some cash......I joined the fanclub and will pay whatever it takes to keep this site up and running! Daven and Tracy deserve to be paid and deserve to get rich! Look at it this way - this site is cheaper than therapy! How many of us would need therapy if we didn't have SCS?
Thanks Daven and Tracy for all that you do for us!
Old 09-25-2005, 01:51 PM   #44
Gabfest Goddess

I HOPE they're making money, and lots of it, off this site! With all the time, energy, and money they are putting into it, if it doesn't pay off, how long do you think they would continue to run it?!!! That "labor of love" thing can only carry enthusiasm so far! Burn out is a very real possibility.
It would be easy to turn your back on a money-losing proposition, no matter how much you loved it, and I want this site to be around for as long as possible!

Last edited by Happy Heart; 09-25-2005 at 03:40 PM..
Old 09-25-2005, 04:01 PM   #45
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jan Stafford
I agree, #1 option was worded nastily and sarcastically. I do not know if anyone is getting rich now (I have no idea how many are actually a fan club member), but come on, let's not be naive. 10,000 x $24.95 alone is $249,500. You KNOW more than that will join to have this GREAT service. Let's be honest here, $24.95 (of course I like $20 per person much better) per person willl go way further than just providing a smooth running service; it will provide someone with a very tidy income. So, do I think they should get rich off of SCS? ABSOLUTELY! This was their brain child and they can do what-ever-the-heck they like with their site and we can choose whether to stay or not! It has always been said that it is the brains and not the back breakers that make the bucks. Trust me, we are farmers and work 7 days a week, 365 days a year and you would just fall over dead to see what we raise 6 kids on! Not much brains here, obviously, but enough to know a money maker when I see one, BUT ALL FOR IT! Go for it babe!
Here! Here! No one said they shouldn't get rich-just that our money is certainly not only going for the "efficient" site.
Old 09-25-2005, 05:07 PM   #46
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by McStamper
I can't think of anything I have purchased in the last few years that has cost me SO LITTLE and that I have enjoyed more.
Yep, what she said.

If they're not getting rich, they should be.
And there's four in 'platitude-quoting idiot'. Go figure.
Old 09-25-2005, 05:38 PM   #47
Hardware Hotshot

Whatever they make off of this site is NOT enough!
Old 09-25-2005, 05:46 PM   #48
Insane Embellisher

I couldn't do what they do for any amount of money.

"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I intended to be."

https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/g...0&ppuser=55943
Old 09-25-2005, 09:06 PM   #49
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2stamptogether
I will fork over some cash......I joined the fanclub and will pay whatever it takes to keep this site up and running! Daven and Tracy deserve to be paid and deserve to get rich! Look at it this way - this site is cheaper than therapy! How many of us would need therapy if we didn't have SCS?
Thanks Daven and Tracy for all that you do for us!
Splitcoast + Therapy + Medication + Stamping = A very happy person.

Take away any of the 4 and I have issues.
Old 09-26-2005, 04:20 AM   #50
Stazon Splitcoast

I am TELLING you...we need to throw LOTS of cash the Nolta's way....LOTS!
Otherwise they are just going to get SICK of us whining and fighting....I mean we have how many thousands of women PMSing all together at any given moment?
If we don't make this venture worth it to them, they are just going to take their "ball" and go some where else. Then where'd we be?
Old 09-26-2005, 04:23 AM   #51
Gallery Gazer

Making our therapists rich.
Old 09-26-2005, 04:30 AM   #52
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by StampinChrissylea
Making our therapists rich.

now see...I am in denial that I have a need for therapy, so I would just go back to making my husband listen to my problems. And let me tell you, NOBODY wants THAT!
Old 09-26-2005, 04:33 AM   #53
Insane Embellisher

I agree with Jan...100%.
I FiNallY DiD iT - TAC AnGeL #2645

Check out my gallery!!
Old 09-26-2005, 04:49 AM   #54
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by NiceRAK
If we don't make this venture worth it to them, they are just going to take their "ball" and go some where else. Then where'd we be?
SHUT UP

How can you even say that, how will I work today with that possiblity hanging out there?????

*shivering*
Old 09-26-2005, 04:53 AM   #55
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by inkylady
SHUT UP

How can you even say that, how will I work today with that possiblity hanging out there?????

*shivering*
rofl! Well then...THROW MONEY AT 'EM!!! Just not those sassagawea(spell check me) dollars...we don't want to hurt anyone!
Old 09-26-2005, 06:24 AM   #56
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

now see...I am in denial that I have a need for therapy, so I would just go back to making my husband listen to my problems. And let me tell you, NOBODY wants THAT!
Would you believe that my husband IS a therapist and I STILL see one??? I'm not kidding.
Old 09-26-2005, 07:03 AM   #57
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

rofl! Well then...THROW MONEY AT 'EM!!! Just not those sassagawea(spell check me) dollars...we don't want to hurt anyone!
Well crud, I guess that means that I can't offload all those Toonies and Loonies left from my trip to Toronto either, huh?

Did my part to throw money at the Noltas with my renewal last week, gotta love paypal, no hurtfull hurling of coins from this gal.
Old 09-26-2005, 07:06 AM   #58
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by krista_stampinfun
I think Daven is a genious for what he has created here for us!

I second that -- I remember when I first started stamping and wondered why there wasn't a place like this on the web. Guess I should have followed through on that thought, huh . . .

My gallery
My blog!

Old 09-26-2005, 07:23 AM   #59
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by StampinChrissylea
Would you believe that my husband IS a therapist and I STILL see one??? I'm not kidding.
that's different...he's your HUSBAND... You can't talk ABOUT your husband TO your husband...defeats the purpose
Old 09-26-2005, 08:00 AM   #60
Gabfest Goddess

I voted option #3... I agree with what someone else said, I can't think of a single thing that costs so little that brings me so much enjoyment! Well, outside of one of my cats, who was free, but that's different... ;0)

Everyone behind SCS works so hard to make sure we all have entertainment, friends, and access to literally thousands of ideas! I think if they would have started out charging for it, maybe they wouldn't have had such a warm reception to the fee-based gallery, but I think because we all KNOW what's in the gallery, we're happy to pay for it. KWIM?
Old 09-26-2005, 08:26 AM   #61
Dirty Dozen Alumni
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Creative Crew Alumni

I joined a couple days after my 1st VSN. To me that was worth much more than $24.95 (I would have paid $24.95 a month!). I would have paid to join sooner - but I didn't even know that it was option.
Personally, I think that everyone should pay. There is nowhere else that you can find so much info in one place. If someone gets rich from this - more power to them!!!

Last edited by Jeanne S; 09-26-2005 at 08:40 AM..
Old 09-26-2005, 08:34 AM   #62
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamp_momma
I guess I didn't read the answers fully before I answered the poll. I answered, "Not getting rich, it's a labor of love." Then when I was able to put the others in context, I would now answer:

NO! But they should be!!! like most of the other responders.

I SO know that many of you share my same opinions on this issue, but I had to just "quack" (hi camsmom!) my way away from the computer last night when I was reading the forum answers to opinions about the gallery for the paid. EECCKKKK! Was I ever disappointed in the complaints.

I especially took offense to the comments that said they would be willing to pay "if" SCS would cater to other companies, offer tiered levels of access, give away a FREE small account that held limited uploads, etc....

Here is the deal (this is only what I have pieced together because I don't know the Noltas or any of the moderators on a personal basis):

1) Daven created the site so that Tracy would have a way to help her STAMPIN' UP! downline and sidelines that she cared about. She wanted it to be a place where artistic, as well as, business ideas could be shared without being moderated by Stampin' UP!, the company while still maintaining the high standard of integrity that Stampin' UP! has worked so hard to build.

2) Daven puts the website together because he believes in Tracy and her committment to grow her business by helping other gals do the same thing. (And, if he is anything like my DH, he wanted to prove to her he could do it!)

3) THEY ARE KIND ENOUGH TO SHARE IT ON PUBLIC ACCESS!!!!! Yes, Tracy and her group do benefit from the ideas and art shared here, but I can't imagine how much money this thing cost them to get off the ground and build to this point.

4) The site explodes because of the wonderful, wonderful folks that come here and post and upload and comment and support each other.

5) The Noltas have for the past year made public statements every time they are going to do an upgrade and respond to OUR complaints of slow moving traffic. They have made some comments about ways to support financially every now and then thru the SCS store or the DDD forum or Amazon.com, but they have exhausted all of their options.

6) Now a *very few* folks want to squawk really loud about what they should be getting for their money if they choose to subscribe to Daven and Tracy's website for HER STAMPIN' UP! business. I say to those few, this site has improved the quality of my artwork tremdously, and it has really helped me be a better business minded demo. If I can pay a little bit to help defer the cost for them, I will gladly do it. I am embarrassed to say that I probably waste $25 a WEEK on things of no lasting value. An SCS membership is a no-brainer.

I guess I am in the camp of wishing the site was paid membership only. I haven't been able to "browse" the gallery at leisure for several months. Then when I do get a chance to log on to the gallery, I get frustrated...

I haven't noticed too many comments from the DDD or people close to the Noltas, and I'll bet that is because they are so irritated with the comments of a few people that they choose to stay quiet and graceful.

Signing off,
Grateful for the Noltas & Excited for October 1st!!!

P.S. Just for the record, I wish this site would help the Noltas pad their retirement, send their kids to college and have a nice nest egg to fall back on...among other pleasures in life. I am sure they are like the majority of us....working hard to make a better way for their family.

woo hoo!!! You said it, Sista!!!

took the words out of my mouth when I QUIT LAUGHING at how people could actually think they are doing this for money or some get rich scheme.
Old 09-26-2005, 09:43 AM   #63
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

that's different...he's your HUSBAND... You can't talk ABOUT your husband TO your husband...defeats the purpose
Let me be clear..I see someone else...not him, and not in the company he works for either...its really quite odd...Its the why buy the cow when I can get the milk for free philosophy, only the reverse...
Old 09-26-2005, 10:02 AM   #64
RAGIN' CAJUN WANNABE

I hope they do come out way ahead and this can be their only source of income.

I cannot see where anyone should have a problem with them making money.

Like I said on the other thread would any of you or your DH's work 24/7 and only break even or worse yet go in the hole?

I seriously doubt it.

Someone somewhere spends the money that gives the company the money they need to give you or your DH a paycheck.

Especially if you are self-employed.

I hope they can make way more than a comfortable living off this site.
Old 09-26-2005, 10:05 AM   #65
RAGIN' CAJUN WANNABE

PLUS....I would like to see the moderators and the whole team be able to be paid a little something for all they do.
Old 09-26-2005, 10:10 AM   #66
LOSTchick

Can I just send you a big, fat HUG? Your post says it all! BTW, I voted for the 3rd option.

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamp_momma
I guess I didn't read the answers fully before I answered the poll. I answered, "Not getting rich, it's a labor of love." Then when I was able to put the others in context, I would now answer:

NO! But they should be!!! like most of the other responders.

I SO know that many of you share my same opinions on this issue, but I had to just "quack" (hi camsmom!) my way away from the computer last night when I was reading the forum answers to opinions about the gallery for the paid. EECCKKKK! Was I ever disappointed in the complaints.

I especially took offense to the comments that said they would be willing to pay "if" SCS would cater to other companies, offer tiered levels of access, give away a FREE small account that held limited uploads, etc....

Here is the deal (this is only what I have pieced together because I don't know the Noltas or any of the moderators on a personal basis):

1) Daven created the site so that Tracy would have a way to help her STAMPIN' UP! downline and sidelines that she cared about. She wanted it to be a place where artistic, as well as, business ideas could be shared without being moderated by Stampin' UP!, the company while still maintaining the high standard of integrity that Stampin' UP! has worked so hard to build.

2) Daven puts the website together because he believes in Tracy and her committment to grow her business by helping other gals do the same thing. (And, if he is anything like my DH, he wanted to prove to her he could do it!)

3) THEY ARE KIND ENOUGH TO SHARE IT ON PUBLIC ACCESS!!!!! Yes, Tracy and her group do benefit from the ideas and art shared here, but I can't imagine how much money this thing cost them to get off the ground and build to this point.

4) The site explodes because of the wonderful, wonderful folks that come here and post and upload and comment and support each other.

5) The Noltas have for the past year made public statements every time they are going to do an upgrade and respond to OUR complaints of slow moving traffic. They have made some comments about ways to support financially every now and then thru the SCS store or the DDD forum or Amazon.com, but they have exhausted all of their options.

6) Now a *very few* folks want to squawk really loud about what they should be getting for their money if they choose to subscribe to Daven and Tracy's website for HER STAMPIN' UP! business. I say to those few, this site has improved the quality of my artwork tremdously, and it has really helped me be a better business minded demo. If I can pay a little bit to help defer the cost for them, I will gladly do it. I am embarrassed to say that I probably waste $25 a WEEK on things of no lasting value. An SCS membership is a no-brainer.

I guess I am in the camp of wishing the site was paid membership only. I haven't been able to "browse" the gallery at leisure for several months. Then when I do get a chance to log on to the gallery, I get frustrated...

I haven't noticed too many comments from the DDD or people close to the Noltas, and I'll bet that is because they are so irritated with the comments of a few people that they choose to stay quiet and graceful.

Signing off,
Grateful for the Noltas & Excited for October 1st!!!

P.S. Just for the record, I wish this site would help the Noltas pad their retirement, send their kids to college and have a nice nest egg to fall back on...among other pleasures in life. I am sure they are like the majority of us....working hard to make a better way for their family.
Old 09-26-2005, 11:44 AM   #67
Hardware Hotshot

Smile

I voted for door number 3. Others above put it perfectly, but to put it in just a few words: If they're not getting rich (and I don't believe they are), they ought to be. Willing to pay more for all I get here. Daven, et al, work their butts off for a lot of whining twits (I'm one of them) and deserve to come out ahead, way ahead. MORE POWER TO THEM! I hope they can be neighbors of Mr. Bill, whom I have long thought was Daven's "real" employer. IMHO!
Old 09-26-2005, 05:26 PM   #68
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

I don't think they are but they should be for all their hard work! Their is a lot involved my fiance has is own website and server running for a business were trying to get started and it is big bucks. We are getting a great deal for everything their is on this site. My fiance is jelouse of this site! Thank you for all your hard work and love!!!
Holly - SU Demo - scs #19930
My Gallery
My Blog
My Etsy Store
Old 09-26-2005, 05:56 PM   #69
Stazon Splitcoast

I do hope that Daven can bring in enough to get a whole new super duper server and then be able to have some $$$$$$ leftover....I know "someone" who skipped his BIRTHDAY MARINERS GAME to stay home to fix the gallery....talk about commitment...I think he needs to be "committed" LOL To a mental ward for how much time he spends on here trying to keep us happy!!! LOL
Daven if I were a drinking girl I would raise my glass to you...so instead a cheer!
2 4 6 8 who do we appreciate???
DAVEN DAVEN DAVEN!!! YAY DAVEN!!!
Old 09-26-2005, 06:49 PM   #70
Glitter Guru

Default It's the american dream

I think that they sould be paid for all that they have done. I hope that they do get rich. It's the american dream. This is a wonderful site and I think we all have gotten a lot out of it and so should they.
Old 09-28-2005, 04:11 AM   #71
Insane Embellisher

If anyone thinks you get rich supporting websites - I have a bridge I can sell you!
I work in ITand the only one getting rich is Biill Gates!
Old 09-28-2005, 11:47 AM   #72
Cardstock Collector

money rich probly not. probly getting notorias as site creator. getting attention from members. getting attention from advertisers. getting attentoin frfom puyblishers. getting attentiuon from stampin up. getting attention from stamp companys if copyirght info not correct. gettintg attention attention from software and server salesmen. maybe getting rich meaning fulfillled in ways that we dont know.\ h e must at least b reak even to keep going otherwise shut down and call it quits. not wor4th the hassel.

but really not any of our business. and not our place to be asking. we did not create site. nobody asks us to contribute. nobody asks us to pay. nobody asks us to post. nobody asks our opinion on anything. everything is voluntary. if he gets rich now or inthe future good for him its his idea and we are all willing participants. not for us to question his motivation or loyalty or fierce protecting. this place is his offspring and he is the father. we are out of place to be discussing this.

now i am done and ashamed.
Old 09-28-2005, 01:02 PM   #73
Stampin' Fool

Default I think

Daven and Tracy should be able to buy a red ferrarie! They deserve it! Maybe Porche's for the other folks! I think they should be able to make boat loads of money so they don't have to work anywhere but here!
P.S. Holy Cow! can you believe how people are misunderstanding the other thread?

Old 09-28-2005, 03:20 PM   #74
Stazon Splitcoast

I hope so!
Old 09-28-2005, 03:56 PM   #75
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm just happy to pay my money so I can play here. Thnaks, big D!
Old 09-28-2005, 04:12 PM   #76
SCS Moderator

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sereikastamper
I do hope that Daven can bring in enough to get a whole new super duper server and then be able to have some $$$$$$ leftover....I know "someone" who skipped his BIRTHDAY MARINERS GAME to stay home to fix the gallery....talk about commitment...I think he needs to be "committed" LOL To a mental ward for how much time he spends on here trying to keep us happy!!! LOL
yup-I rmember that as well!

And I am pretty sure he is partial to Mini Coopers!

Old 10-01-2005, 03:24 PM   #77
Mad Swapper

I love this site, and am so grateful to everyone for there hard work and ideas. I know that I can come here not only for gallery ideas, but the support of people who really care what's happening to you. Daven and Tracy deserve to make money doing this site and putting up with all the things that go on. THANKS GUYS!
Old 10-01-2005, 04:27 PM   #78
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by auntie65
I love this site, and am so grateful to everyone for there hard work and ideas. I know that I can come here not only for gallery ideas, but the support of people who really care what's happening to you. Daven and Tracy deserve to make money doing this site and putting up with all the things that go on. THANKS GUYS!
YES YES YES...water cup!!!!

Edited: Ummm...I must have been clogging up the system with too many windows open...this should have been on the other thread about what I'd like with the logo on it....hmmmm...

Last edited by StampinChrissylea; 10-04-2005 at 08:03 PM..
Old 10-01-2005, 06:30 PM   #79
Kookie Creator

Smile Should they get rich

Ditto with Stamp-Mama

You have created a wonderful site with great followers and should make money at what you are doing. I will always rejoin the Fan Club each year.
That is one way for everyone to say thank you. If you can't afford the full year just sign up for 6 months at a time.

Thanks again Daven and gals.

Chatty Cathy 25 My check was sent and hasn't arrived to you yet.
Old 10-02-2005, 03:31 PM   #80
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Hey everyone!

I hope and pray they are making a profit and if they are not they should be. How long was it before they literally took days off. Hello?

Also, I think the moderators should be paid also.

These people give us the most precious gift a person can.....Their time and effort. They are sincere and genuine. I say Daven give yourself and everyone else who helps some kind of raise and bill us.

Thanks for all you all do.

I am much more worried they will get tired of maintaining this site full of women who are women after all...........and we all know what that means......

If they do get rich they deserve it after experienceing US!

LOL
Shirley
Shirley in NC - SCS #756