Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-01-2005, 06:30 AM   #1
Stazon Splitcoast

Default The Art from the Heart CD ~ Convention 2005

Sorry - I first posted this under everyday chit chat, and then read the posting on how to keep your posting from being moved... Thanks for the clarification.
From the SU website this AM:
The Art from the Heart CD from Convention 2005 is now available for purchase to all demonstrators! While supplies last, the CD can be purchased for $31.95 can / $21.95 us as a supply item. The CD is packed with hundreds of photos of project ideas that you can incorporate into your workshops or other stamping events. Donít miss the opportunity to view the incredible artwork contained on this CD. This CD contains photos only; it does not contain supply lists or instructions.
Has anyone bought these in the past and if so, are they worth $22 + tax and sh? How can it compare to all the great ideas from SCS that DO include supply lists? How do you feel about SU charging for inspiration for those who are unable to go to convention? I receive very little help from my upline - what are they doing for their over-ride?
Thanks ~ Carol
aka SIGI - Stamped In God's Image
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 08-01-2005, 06:54 AM   #2
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SU Creative Crew Alumni

Well, first of all...

Many people complained last year about not being able to buy the Art from the Heart CD because they didn't go to convention. Last year, it was only available to people who went AND WE HAD TO PAY FOR IT.

This year, it is available to everyone. People who went to convention ALSO HAD TO PAY FOR THIS CD. We had a discounted price of $14.95, but we still had to buy it. There are many samples on this CD, far more than you would get in an idea book from the scrapbook store that costs $20, so I think it is worth the money.

There's only so much SU! is going to supply free of charge. There is no way of telling which of their demonstrators are just hobbyists and not committed to their business in the same way that those of us who are trying to make a career of this are. It makes sense for them to sell these CD's rather than to just give them out willy-nilly. I bought one at convention because I wanted the inspiration for use in my business and I thought it was well worth the money.

I'm sorry your upline is not giving you any support. THere is a demo forum on this site which is enormously helpful that I suggest you join. You'll get plenty of support there, more than enough to make up for what is lacking in your upline relationship. Unfortunately, there is no requirement that your upline give you any support at all, SU! only tells us that it is mutually beneficial for both parties if uplines provide as much support as possible to their downline. It's THE reason that I and other people up here always suggest doing a little research about who you are signing up under...if you are a hobbyist, the amount of support an upline might provide will not matter nearly as much as if you are trying to make money at this.

If it makes you feel better, if your upline is not selling $250 a month by herself, she doesn't make a dime on your sales. Even then, it's only 2% to start and goes up from there according to what SHE sells.

My website/blog - JanTink.com
Facebook | JanTink
Etsy Store - JanTink

Old 08-01-2005, 04:06 PM   #3
Matboard Maniac

What exactly is on it?
Old 08-03-2005, 11:02 AM   #4
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Quote:

Originally Posted by scgustaf
Sorry - I first posted this under everyday chit chat, and then read the posting on how to keep your posting from being moved... Thanks for the clarification.
From the SU website this AM:
The Art from the Heart CD from Convention 2005 is now available for purchase to all demonstrators! While supplies last, the CD can be purchased for $31.95 can / $21.95 us as a supply item. The CD is packed with hundreds of photos of project ideas that you can incorporate into your workshops or other stamping events. Donít miss the opportunity to view the incredible artwork contained on this CD. This CD contains photos only; it does not contain supply lists or instructions.
Has anyone bought these in the past and if so, are they worth $22 + tax and sh? How can it compare to all the great ideas from SCS that DO include supply lists? How do you feel about SU charging for inspiration for those who are unable to go to convention? I receive very little help from my upline - what are they doing for their over-ride?
Thanks ~ Carol
aka SIGI - Stamped In God's Image
Hey, Carol!

I would like to gently suggest that these questions are best suited for the demo'rs only forum here at SCS. There are a # of very helpful threads about the CD within that area of the forums!

If you haven't joined the demo'rs only forums, please Click here for more information on the Demonstrator Forums here at SCS!
Old 08-04-2005, 04:21 AM   #5
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks ~ I'm a newbie to SCS, and have yet to explore the myriad options of the site.
Zephaniah 3:17