Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Announcements (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/announcements-13/)
-   -   Thank-you SCS! (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/announcements-13/thank-you-scs-391423/)

penningtoncreates 10-19-2008 04:30 PM

Thank-you SCS!

My DH started a thread: Request for my hurting wife:

"My name is Matt and I am asking for a rally of support for my wife (tac_angel2603) Christine Pennington. She has been in a psychiatric unit for depression and anxiety for two weeks. She is coming home tomorrow. This has been difficult for her and for my family. Christine is a very loving person and gives herself to so many. One of her goals when she gets home is to work on stamping. She has not done much since Christmas. I think it would be so cool if she got loads of cards for ideas and for support to help her feel better.

My step daughter was raped just over two years ago. July 9th is the trial date. So with her bout of depression she has a lot of stressors coming her way.

Please stuff our mailbox full."

I received over 200 (I stopped counting at 175) cards and gifts from SCS super stampers!

The thread received 407 replies and 10,437 views.

07.28.07 I started a new thread Relapse Prevention:

http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...d.php?t=273009

To date we have the record in total posts 4,263 and views 39,396.

Yesterday, I returned from St. Paul, Minnesota. I attended a Women of Faith conference with Sue Virtue. Sue found me through SCS Relapse Prevention. We have been chatting for over a year, and I am so blessed to have met her in person. How cool is that? Sue traveled 13 1/2 hours to meet me and took even longer to travel home on a bus. Without SCS we would not have ever met. Thank-you SCS!

16 months ago I was ready to take my own life. Today I live one day at a time, thankful for life, family & friends. Thank-you SCS for helping me and giving me a place to feel loved and supported.

My advice to anyone who is struggling with depression, anxiety, weight...etc. Don't look back- instead look ahead. Today is a new day, tomorrow will only be better. I have made a million mistakes along the way, I have to believe my mistakes have made me a better person today. I will continue to make mistakes, but no mistake is worth dying for.

I want to thank my stamping/scrapping sisters on Relapse Prevention, Request for my hurting wife, and my SCS readers for loving me.

doing life with Christ,

Christine

caterinafmig 10-19-2008 04:52 PM

Wow, Christine, did not know most of what you shared. Matt is certainly a very special man and so grateful that you have someone like that- what a blessing!

So very sad to hear about the rape - how extremely tragic. Cannot even begin to imagine how terribly difficult that must have been to go through.

You are an incredible woman and it is such a privilege to get to know you. Thank you for sharing your heart.

Carol Lee 10-19-2008 05:32 PM

Way to go Christine. I'm proud of you.

scrubbybubbles 10-19-2008 05:34 PM

I'm so glad that you've found your strength again and are walking in faith. Praise God. I wish you continued blessings of healing and hope.

jutta 10-19-2008 05:39 PM

Thank you Christine

Thank you for sharing your story and opening your heart to us. I am happy for you to have come so far, through everyday trials and unimaginable hurts. I am sure that your experiences have touched many lives and helped in more ways than you will ever know.

Jutta

NY2TX_Patti 10-19-2008 05:42 PM

Christine, Thank you for sharing your story with us. There are some wonderful people here on SCS. I'm so glad that God gives us everything that we need, especially friends when we need them the most.

skdeleeuw 10-19-2008 09:58 PM

Isn't it amazing the tools God can use?! Even a stamping website like SCS. Thank you for sharing your heart. May God use you in a mighty way.

God bless!

jhtpa 10-20-2008 12:45 PM

Christine, just read of your struggles for the first time on this post. Sending hugs your way. You are an amazing soul. Stay strong.
Jeannie

PMR 10-20-2008 12:46 PM

Thanks for the update Christine

jessicaluvs2stamp 10-20-2008 03:48 PM

Thank you for sharing your story, Christine! It's amazing what God can do! He is an awesome God! It's so wonderful that he is helping you to heal and using you in such a great way. Continued blessings for you!

smileyj 10-20-2008 03:58 PM

Christine, thanks for being brave and sharing your story. There are many who depend on others who have been there. My DH struggles with depression. I have tried to be strong. Keep up the great work! Faith does help!
Hugs Joan

Virtue 10-20-2008 06:31 PM

You're one of the good ones Christine!

Love & hugs,
Sue

Cathy H 10-21-2008 04:59 PM

Sending love and support your way - you are certainly a survivor! Best wishes always

missyterry 10-21-2008 05:10 PM

Christine,
God bless You.
You, our SCS Friend, are a power of inspirational.
Thank you.