Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-17-2006, 06:31 AM   #121  
Gallery Gazer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skittl1321
IOthers index their foam by stamping on the cling side with Stazon or Palette Inks. Some people like to mount onto the foam, and then cut, others like to cut the rubber, then put it on the foam.

I personally index on the cling side, mount to the foam, and then cut. .
Thanks for this port. This was one of the thigs I just didn't understand. When I mount my stamps on a wood block, the image is there on top so I know what I'm stamping. I did not understand how this worked with unmounted stamps. So I guess the cling side is not sticky or anythng so you can actually stamp on it, but only with a stayz-on (or similar pad) anf then you see this stamped image through the acrylic bloc? I don't have one of thos e pads, but I've been thinking about buying one. Also, how do you make sure that the image stamped on the cling side matches up with the rubber? On my wood blocks I mount my image first, the look at the block from various angles and match up the rubber to a point on each of the four sides (Not sure if this description makes sense -- more of a visual thing). In most cases my rubber is then exactly in the same place as the ribbon. When you do this with TAC stamps, do you cut the cling seperately from the rubber and use the same method to line things up?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2006, 06:33 AM   #122  
Gallery Gazer

OK, just saw all the typos and nonsensical things in the last post. Meant to say the rubber is in the same place as the image , not the ribbon (LOL - must be thinking about my next card already!)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2006, 06:46 AM   #123  
Forum Fanatic

Dianne,
To make sure the rubber is in the same place as the cling- I find that when I stamp the "index" I just line up the bottom corners of the rubber and the cling (rather than center it or something else). Then when I apply the rubber to the adhesive side, I make sure to line up the exact same corner and side. I find this has my cling index image as close to the rubber image as I am able to get the stickers to the rubber image on wood blocks.

Incredible perfectionists may not think so, but it works for me. Other people do not index their stamps with stazon, but use the "cuts" from trimming to know what part of the stamp is where, and line up using that. I do that with my bold images, because I worry that the stazon will reduce the effectiveness of the cling for bold vs line images. (Since so much of the cling is covered with ink, where in line images it's really negligeble)

I can say, however, that going unmounted I have increased my precision of where I stamp. I never used a stampamajig with wood blocks, or now- but I think I've gotten better at getting the stamp to go where I want it.

You other question- no the cling isn't "sticky" to the touch, it's smooth. The way it sticks is through static- so it will adhere to any surface that can conduct the static (I think that's the right way to say it.)

I personally cut the cling and the rubber together. One of the ladies I sold to cuts them seperately. I guess it's personally preference.

Thanks for asking- unmounted was very foreign to me when I first heard of TAC - so I had the same questions.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2006, 06:50 AM   #124  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skittl1321
I typed out my response, and then decided I didn't want to add to the negativity, so I deleted it. I tried to only answer questions, or comments positively. I am very excited about TAC- and I'm very new to them, which is part of the reason I'm excited about them. SCS is the only reason I know this company exists. I'm not trying to take away SU's customers... in fact, I'm still one.

Bravo, Skittl1321! I think your approach is wonderful. I know exactly how excited you must be, being a new SU demo myself. Whenever I see a post bashing SU I'm sad, but I just keep reminding myself that another person's opinion has nothing to do with me.

I don't know much about TAC or any stamp company other than SU, so I appreciate the way you've answered my questions. I think responding to legitimate questions with civility not only helps to set a great tone for a post, but also takes the "sting" out of any comments that may have been unnessesarily (and perhaps even unintentionally) rude.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2006, 06:59 AM   #125  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Creative Crew Alumni

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by allamericanstampers
They are 7 1/2 inches long...and we have a block that's 1 1/2 x 8 that was left out of the catalog this year, but it's online or you can ask your demo to order it if you need it.

That's one of my must haves! I just hate dragging my sewing machine out for a card...and then you always have to cut and tie the loose thread! This is much easier!!
How do you guys store the larger stamps that won't fit in CD cases?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2006, 07:03 AM   #126  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeanne S
I keep my oversized in the original container that they come in (similar to SU�s) although I have heard some ladies mention that they keep them in DVD cases�
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2006, 07:22 AM   #127  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jovi
I keep my oversized in the original container that they come in (similar to SU�s) although I have heard some ladies mention that they keep them in DVD cases�
Don't all DVD cases come with the thingy that holds the dvd? I've never seen one with a removable thingy........hehe that sounds kinda funny.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2006, 07:41 AM   #128  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Quote:

That's one of my must haves! I just hate dragging my sewing machine out for a card...and then you always have to cut and tie the loose thread! This is much easier!!
Oooh, straight on, girl! I even hem my slacks with Sticky Strip!!! :mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2006, 07:46 AM   #129  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by JulieHRR
Shut up Julie! I did that last week as a quick fix for my daughter. oooh, that's scarey!
Gina K.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2006, 07:56 AM   #130  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by craftymel
I thought this was a stamping community :confused: where stampers come to share their passion for stamping, not company bashing. The OP just wanted to share the new Fall Supplement and boy has this thread taken a turn......
I am a former SU demo and I made the switch to TAC. However I'm an equal opportunity stamper, I buy what I like no matter the company. If there is something that I don't like, then I don't buy it, but I certainly don't come to a public forum and start bashing the company.
I really don't like to feed into the "drama" but I just had to put my .02 in.
I totally agree with you. If you dont like the product, dont buy it, plain and simple. Im a TAC demo and I also buy from SU...each company has things that people will or will not like. Some people think some things are way too expensive, while others have no issue with the price...to each his own. This shouldnt of turned into a bashing post....a link was shared so everyone could check it out IF they wanted to. '

Another thing about prices...I think its normal if prices go up whether its at your grocery store, your favorite department store or SU or TAC...and I dont know if TAC's prices have gone up..if they have, I didnt notice...Im just saying everything goes up in price...you cant run a business without upping yoru prices.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2006, 07:59 AM   #131  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Don't all DVD cases come with the thingy that holds the dvd? I've never seen one with a removable thingy........hehe that sounds kinda funny.
That does sound funny but I've been wondering the same thing!! Is it possible to find DVD cases that you can actually remove the holder?? I've *never* found any. I don't "get" where you would put the stamps if it still has the area to hold the DVD:confused:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2006, 08:13 AM   #132  
clean and krafty

Send a message via Skype™ to willosmama

Quote:

They are 7 1/2 inches long...and we have a block that's 1 1/2 x 8 that was left out of the catalog this year, but it's online or you can ask your demo to order it if you need it.

That set is cute......like the quick and easy idea~
Are the papers cs weight?

Spellbinders DT Coordinator

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2006, 08:18 AM   #133  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Many use a notebook system. TAC sells pages that you can put into a 3 ring binder that are sturdy and smooth so the stamps will adhere to them. Then you can either stamp directly on the sheet with Staz-on or add an index sheet in between the pages. I am planning to use this system for my background stamps from TAC and CHF and also my large alphabets. I've heard great feedback from people who use this system exclusively because they can store so many stamp sets in such a small space and they are very portable. The ones I know keep them in a zippered binder.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2006, 08:24 AM   #134  
Gabfest Goddess

It does make me sad to see anyone arguing over rubber stamp designs. Every company has it's own set of paramters under which they buy. Imagine that maybe one company pays an artist more to design certain patterned papers or stamp images. They might have to charge a little more. For example, some of our artists here on SCS have a wonderful reputation for their design work. To hire one of them to do something may cost a company more than hiring someone who is new to the business. The quality of the work may be the same, but you might pay more for reputation and experience. These types of things go into deciding on retail prices.

That being said, to insult one anothers designs or prices doesn't really put a person into the professional catagory. You will never hear JulieHRR or LisaLisa post a negative comment about someone elses stamp designs or patterned paper. They may talk about a product that isn't working for them and get other opinions on how to use it batter but they will never say, "I don't get your catalog.", "Your prices are too high for that." ,"I can't find one thing I like about your company.", etc... Instead they might say, "This style punch dossn't work for me but this one really does. Have any of you had trouble or am I doing something wrong?"

That's because they are professionals. If they don't care for something, they will not say they hate it. That shows class. I like that. That is exactly why these women are making money as concept artists and designers. They act with class. Those companies know that if those ladies move on to a new company, that they won't be bashing them later.

I guess I just feel sorry for anyone who posts a comment about something they love and them get the product bashed. Maybe it's better if you see a thread that says, "TAC fall suppliment is up!", that you decide that if you don't care for TAC, then don't get involved with that thread. It's not something you care for so move on.

I hope this doens't sound snarky. I am not that way at all. But you can't control the tone of an opinion in writing. So, please know, "no snark intended here."

Gina K.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2006, 08:25 AM   #135  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

OK, some thoughts:

We all get defensive and protective of things we love--that is a natural, human instinct.

Stating an honest opinion is not bashing, and I'll be the first to admit: It's very easy to read more into a post than is really there. After all, everything's personal, if you're a person, eh?! ;)

But, really, we need to step back and look at it for what it is, before we jump in and turn it into something it's not, or should not be.

Whatever we say or do in our communiques via SCS, let's do it in the spirit of the TOS.

Now, what say we give that part of this thread a decent burial,

and continue on with the more positive and informational discussions that are going on within it?

And, for the record: I don't work for A Muse. I actually work for me! I'm an independently contracted concept artist. I share a lot of my creations made with their stamps online, but I don't get paid to do that. I do it because I am fond of their unique line and style, and I just plain like their little company. I do use all sorts of brands of rubbah. I'm a non-denominational rubbah luuuuvahh!!! ;)

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2006, 08:25 AM   #136  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by JWheeler
Many use a notebook system. TAC sells pages that you can put into a 3 ring binder that are sturdy and smooth so the stamps will adhere to them. Then you can either stamp directly on the sheet with Staz-on or add an index sheet in between the pages. I am planning to use this system for my background stamps from TAC and CHF and also my large alphabets. I've heard great feedback from people who use this system exclusively because they can store so many stamp sets in such a small space and they are very portable. The ones I know keep them in a zippered binder.
I tried the binder and it wasn't for me. I'm trying to get all my unmounted (both clear and rubber on the wall and out of my cabinet. I'm just stumped on what to do with the larger ones and the biggers sets (I would love to keep them in one case of some kind together instead of breaking them up in 2 CD cases).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2006, 08:27 AM   #137  
Compulsive Stamper

There are places to buy removable insert DVD cases, there was just a discussion about it among Angels. If I can find the link, I'll post it. I'm also a 3 ring binder type, so I don't use them.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2006, 08:55 AM   #138  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

[SIZE=4]

And, for the record: I don't work for A Muse. I actually work for me! I'm an independently contracted concept artist. I share a lot of my creations made with their stamps online, but I don't get paid to do that. I do it because I am fond of their unique line and style, and I just plain like their little company. I do use all sorts of brands of rubbah. I'm a non-denominational rubbah luuuuvahh!!! ;)

Julie! Love the disclaimer and the work you do for Amuse. I understand that you are independent contractor. Whether you are compensated with cash, stamps or that great tingly feeling of doing what you love, you are an asset to them. You always act with class and grace.
Have a great day!
Gina K.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2006, 09:19 AM   #139  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by willosmama
That set is cute......like the quick and easy idea~
Are the papers cs weight?
Yes...these are cardstock. If you think of Basic Grey...that's what they compare to! I just got a package of Sands of Time and it's wonderful. I'll probably end up "hoarding" it like my BG!

The "cheaper" packages of paper are that...paper. But, boy are they neat too! :-D I use them more readily and love the Rustic Chic, although I just got some Vintage Christmas papers and I love them too! :rolleyes:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2006, 09:34 AM   #140  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

I tried the binder and it wasn't for me. I'm trying to get all my unmounted (both clear and rubber on the wall and out of my cabinet. I'm just stumped on what to do with the larger ones and the biggers sets (I would love to keep them in one case of some kind together instead of breaking them up in 2 CD cases).
I saw somewhere that someone had developed a "system" for storing unmounted stamps. They were in what looked like fat DVD cases but had an insert in them like a page. Hmmm.....I will do some surfing and see if I can find it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2006, 09:34 AM   #141  
Proud Fan Club Member
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv my dolly
Does TAC offer the hostess any FREE merchandise like SU??
I keep seeing posts about getting things for half price so does that mean that the hostess doesn't get anything for FREE except the hostess sets??
TAC has a very good Hostess Program.
With each Workshop of $100.00 a Hostess get's a FREE stamp set. Along with a 1/2 off item. and 20% off their order.

So they more your workshop is the more you get as a hostess.
$200 workshop you get one level B hostess stamp set, and two 1/2 off items. plus the 20% off.
If you had a workshop of say $1000.00 you as a Hostess would get 4 level A Hostess stamps,
4 level B Hostess Stamps, 2 Level C Hostess sets,
2 Level D Hostess Sets, and 10 1/2 off priced items

I think that TAC has a very good Hostess set up!.

Spoiler

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2006, 09:42 AM   #142  
Stazon Splitcoast

Okay, here is the link:

http://www..com/stampibrary.html

I thought that it had a page you could flip or remove but it doesn't look like it.

Is this more of what you're looking for?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2006, 09:47 AM   #143  
Proud Fan Club Member

Well I just got back from Vacation and someone mentioned that our Fall Supplement was out!

I of course had to check it out. I do like the papers. and some of the stamp sets.

I really don't know why the Alpha bet set cost as much as it does.
I doesn't tell me how big the letter's are.
But my guess is that they are around 2 to 2 1/2" tall.
By looking at the Scapbook pages.

I'm not a scrapper. So the paper size isn't a big thing for me. But I do buy the bigger size of the paper for future use. For making cards.
12 x 12 goes a long way.

Also I'm glad to be back from Vacation!!!!!!

PS: I too buy from whom I like! Not because I sell it.

Spoiler

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2006, 09:50 AM   #144  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Quote:

JEANNE!!! Mebbe this would work???

Cropper Hopper Snap Together Storage

I have one of these similar in size (WaterPixie sent it to me when Target had them and I couldn't ever find them--SMOOCHES, PIXIE!!! I LOVE YOU!!!) and am using it to store all my Clear Stamps so they are in one spot. The only drawback: no handle. :? But, I think when my Crop-a-Dile arrives, I'm gonna install grommets on the sides and put pretty ribbon to make handles . . . ???? That way, it'll be easy for me to transport.

I AM LOVING IT!!!!!
And, I love that it has dividers AND, there's an even bigger/wider one, same thing!

I know they are kinda spendy, I guess, when compared to CD cases, but this has been exceedingly practical for me and I'm finding that it works best for me so that I actually USE my clear stamps. I just keep them on their carrier sheets and slip 'em into the appropriate divider for each set!

I would bet you can also buy refill packs of the dividers if you need more????

And, surely, if you needed more carrier sheets those can also be purchased somewhere online???? OR--oh geeze, my brain is goin' mach 3 right now----what if you actually cut the lid off unused larger plastic stamp cases (I just got a boat load of these from somone who doesn't use them for storage of anything) and just used the lid as a carrier sheet for the stamps to cling to?????

OK, I am feelin' genius about this. Somebody gimme a trophy!!!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2006, 09:59 AM   #145  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by ozzigirl
I have a couple of questions about the alpha - is it already mounted on the EZmount? Is it Die Cut or do you have to cut it out from a sheet?

Thanks.
They are not mounted on the Creative Cling foam and you also have to cut them out.

But it is very easy to do so!

Peel the paper off the sticky side of the foam and place it on your back side of the rubber sheet.
Then peel the Paper off the other side of the foam and start cutting.
http://www.theangelcompany.net/assembly

Spoiler

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2006, 10:09 AM   #146  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by camsmom
ya know I was reading through the thread again and I re-read this part, and in a way it makes me a bit sad. Daven and Tracy Nolta have done a wonderful job of getting this website running and thriving, and were kind enough to allow us all in. I am probably protetctive of this site like demos are of the their products on the threads here, LOL ;) . But to down this site and promote another one on here seems a bit of a slap to those who volunteer to keep the site running. There are many many many many folks who do things like:
moderate the forums
keep the gallery flowing
post challenges
arrange VSN nights
help others find info that is helpful
post their artwork for others
make wonderful comments and help encourage all stampers

So to act as if the site is such an awful place because of a very small number of threads versus the LITERALLY thousands that are started each week seems a bit skewed. :???:

Amen!!!

Spoiler

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2006, 10:15 AM   #147  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew Alumni

Quote:

JEANNE!!! Mebbe this would work???

Cropper Hopper Snap Together Storage

I have one of these similar in size (WaterPixie sent it to me when Target had them and I couldn't ever find them--SMOOCHES, PIXIE!!! I LOVE YOU!!!) and am using it to store all my Clear Stamps so they are in one spot. The only drawback: no handle. :? But, I think when my Crop-a-Dile arrives, I'm gonna install grommets on the sides and put pretty ribbon to make handles . . . ???? That way, it'll be easy for me to transport.

I AM LOVING IT!!!!!
And, I love that it has dividers AND, there's an even bigger/wider one, same thing!

I know they are kinda spendy, I guess, when compared to CD cases, but this has been exceedingly practical for me and I'm finding that it works best for me so that I actually USE my clear stamps. I just keep them on their carrier sheets and slip 'em into the appropriate divider for each set!

I would bet you can also buy refill packs of the dividers if you need more????

And, surely, if you needed more carrier sheets those can also be purchased somewhere online???? OR--oh geeze, my brain is goin' mach 3 right now----what if you actually cut the lid off unused larger plastic stamp cases (I just got a boat load of these from somone who doesn't use them for storage of anything) and just used the lid as a carrier sheet for the stamps to cling to?????

OK, I am feelin' genius about this. Somebody gimme a trophy!!!!

That's kinda what I'm doing right now

One's that fit cd's are on the wall and the others are in a photo box. I'm just trying to figure out a way that they can all go on the wall.... KWIM.

I think the idea of using the old stamp boxes for storage sheets is a great idea........I have a ton of BG boxes hanging around.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2006, 10:26 AM   #148  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Quote:

That's kinda what I'm doing right now

One's that fit cd's are on the wall and the others are in a photo box. I'm just trying to figure out a way that they can all go on the wall.... KWIM.

I think the idea of using the old stamp boxes for storage sheets is a great idea........I have a ton of BG boxes hanging around.
What about something like this, then:

Wall Mounted File Folder Storage
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2006, 10:29 AM   #149  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew Alumni

Quote:

What about something like this, then:

Wall Mounted File Folder Storage
That's kinda neato

You've got your thinking cap on today.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2006, 10:31 AM   #150  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jeanne,

Can they hang on your wall? The large case the the TAC AlphaHip letters comes in, has a hanger on the top.

You would just need a small hanger or nail?

I have 10 un-mounted SU standard wheels in one, works great!

...My life is like a stroll on the beach...As near to the edge as I can go...Thoreau...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2006, 10:40 AM   #151  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by kphorse
Jeanne,

Can they hang on your wall? The large case the the TAC AlphaHip letters comes in, has a hanger on the top.

You would just need a small hanger or nail?

I have 10 un-mounted SU standard wheels in one, works great!
Possibly. I thought about just adding a pegboard and using long hooks ( I have a ton of pegboard stuff in my garage) It probably wouldn't be hard to add something to a SU BG box to put a hole through.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2006, 10:57 AM   #152  
Hardware Hotshot

That would work too! You can also buy a little canvas hanger in the hardware section of Wal-Mart or Home Depot. They are made to stick on the wall or the back of a picture. You could stick them to the back of the SU or TAC style cases and hang them that way also!

Peg board would be perfect!

...My life is like a stroll on the beach...As near to the edge as I can go...Thoreau...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2006, 11:02 AM   #153  
Stazon Splitcoast

I am still chuckling over the "someone puked on it" paper comments...lol! I will have to go look at that again as I haven't paid that much attention to the designer papers since I'm not a scrapper. I do love the Halloween and Holiday papers in the current winter mini, though!

Finding this thread very interesting....I have been stamping for about 9 years and started off with SU back when they were still selling both wood mounted and foam mounted stamps. After I'd been stamping for a while, I found myself seeking "internet inspiration" (oh how I wish I'd had SCS to turn to back then!!!) and was introduced to the UM options so naturally I started buying the foam mounted versions of SU stamps and applying them to HALOS (velcro) as this was before the acrylic mounts really took off. I did like the cost savings of buying UM's for half price and by the sheet and all that but what I found was that I am horribly dysfunctional when it comes to organization (I should rephrase that....makes it sound like that was a surprise for me when in all actuality I am a graduate of the Gary Larsen "School for the Organizationally Impaired"! lol!) and UM's merely reminded me of that as I could NEVER find a dang thing and regardless of what storage system I used I was never happy. Also didn't care for having to try to position it straight every time I mounted and remounted it. Another thing I encountered was just after I changed out the stamp to another I realized that I needed the first stamp again for for me it was far from a time saver, in fact I spend more time searching and mounting, remounting, etc. so eventually I went back to the wood mounted system which for me is so much more workable and I am able to find what I am looking for since the boxes stack nicely on my book shelves. I do have the luxury of a fair amount of space which makes it nice and keep all my stuff in the plastic SU cases with a nice big label (printed on white paper so I can actually read it!) to help me find it when I need it. And it doesn't seem like the current price for acrylic mount stuff is as favorable as the straight out UM which seemed to be half price before so that must be due to the mounting methods. Haven't kept up much with what's out there lately for UM other than what I see available at local conventions and that's "by the sheet".

I have a friend who uses an acrylic mounting system which she says has little ruler grids on it to make sure the stamps go on straight each time but I haven't worked with that and am not even sure who makes that one. Personally, I am still a wood mount gal deep down inside so it doesn't matter to me.

So far as the manufacturing process, I definitely believe that the real rubber stamps regardless of mounting choice are definitely the better option over the clear stamps because a.) as soon as I'm done stamping with permanent inks, guess what...not so clear anymore! and b.) the rubber holds up so much better over the long haul and doesn't get that icky sticky gummy stuff on it as the clear acrylic stamps I have purchased (not saying from what company so as to not ruffle any feathers anywhere) and StazOn for sure makes that happen fast. I know they are working on this issue and maybe someday will have it resolved completely but I can't stand that sticky gummy rubber.

Ok, interesting thread....it has given me a walk down Memory Lane with my personal stamping journey and made me laugh at myself as I find I have come full circle right back to where I started with the wood mounted rubber.

As for the 9x9 SB papers, I'm still wondering what I would do with that....guess it would mean a lot of cutting to size as I have become spoiled by the 12x12 stuff. Again, not a scrapper but I do find myself as obsessed by paper as Jan Tink--althought I am another Jan altogether and definitely not the artistically creative talent that she shares so freely on SCS but I guess we alike in our thinking at least. ;-) Jan
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2006, 11:09 AM   #154  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

For my bigger SU sets that I've unmounted and then used the EZ Mount stuff, I've found that I need to store them in two CD cases. I just mark them 1 of 2 and 2 of 2 along with the set name. (And I only put the images on the main label for the stamps in that set.) I was also trying to figure out how to store them and this was really the only thing I could come up with. Although they DO make CD cases that will hold more then one CD -- like a double CD case. I have a couple of those for my audio books. I wonder if a person could find something like that on eBay??

---

In regards to TAC, I've just received my first ever catalog and I LOVE it! I don't have 100% loyalty for any stamp company.. I just buy what I like. I know there's been comments about how expensive the large alphabet set is in the fall supplement.. but when you do the math... it's only $1.43 for each stamp. (28 stamps for $39.95) If you were to buy them separately (wood mounted), I bet they'd run at least $4.95 each. (About $138 if you bought all 28.) The sets in the catalog are very inexpensive for the number of stamps you get.

Kimberly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2006, 11:21 AM   #155  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

wow, what a GREAT idea! sooo much easier than that iron on tape and thinner than duct tape for hemming. My oldest son was in the Marching Band while in H.S. and one year he went almost the whole season with a duct tape hem in his uniform pants. They had to turn them in every year and you weren't allowed to cut off any fabric for that reason (next year the kid who got them might be way taller, I know) so it seemed like each year around 10 PM on the night BEFORE they had uniform inspection my son would drag the uniform out of the trunk of his car (which it had undoubtedly been for at least week!) and announced, "momaneed my pants hemmed for inspection tomorrow morning!" (like that old back to school shopping commercial where the kids are saying, "Mom, I need...." so fast that it all sounds like one word) and as a matter of survival, I got pretty good at the duct tape method of hemming having learned the concept from my mother who would be hemming our clothes as we were on the way out the door sometimes. His senior year, apparently they caught on and starting turning the pant cuffs up to be sure they had actually been hemmed! RATS! was I ever glad when I didn't have to hem band pants anymore....if only I'd had sticky strip, bet they never woulda noticed! Jan
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2006, 12:24 PM   #156  
Crimping Master

Just a little FYI for the stitches set....I was thinking this a.m. that you can bend it a bit and get it to make curved stamped stitch lines where you need them. I've done this with flower stems before so I'm sure it will work with this as well. You'll never be able to get it to wrap tightly into a complete circle and stay on a block and still stamp a crisp image, but you will be at least able to curve it some. Should be pretty cool! :-)
TAC Demonstrator #1484/Manager, Smilin' Stampers
My TAC Site My BLOG
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2006, 01:06 PM   #157  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by dianerh
Just a little FYI for the stitches set....I was thinking this a.m. that you can bend it a bit and get it to make curved stamped stitch lines where you need them. I've done this with flower stems before so I'm sure it will work with this as well. You'll never be able to get it to wrap tightly into a complete circle and stay on a block and still stamp a crisp image, but you will be at least able to curve it some. Should be pretty cool! :-)
Diane! What a great idea! I honestly never would have thought of that. College education, no common sense. That's why I need SCS :???:
"Where your treasure is, there will your heart be also" Mt. 6:21

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2006, 01:16 PM   #158  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by dianerh
That is a great idea, thanks for posting it.
Megan arrived 3/16/09
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2006, 03:10 PM   #159  
Gabfest Goddess

Okay, for wall storage of bigger stamps, how about mounting a larger sheet of plexiglass, you know a huge thin acrylic block on the wall. LOL. It would work! I might have to do that. You can buy large acrylic frames at frame stores and walmart etc... You could stamp a piece of cardstock or print out something on your printer to go inside the frame and then you could put those huge stamps right on the wall next to your cds. Hmmmm. Now I want the Einstein smiley! LOL
Gina K.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2006, 03:13 PM   #160  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by GinaK
Okay, for wall storage of bigger stamps, how about mounting a larger sheet of plexiglass, you know a huge thin acrylic block on the wall. LOL. It would work! I might have to do that. You can buy large acrylic frames at frame stores and walmart etc... You could stamp a piece of cardstock or print out something on your printer to go inside the frame and then you could put those huge stamps right on the wall next to your cds. Hmmmm. Now I want the Einstein smiley! LOL
Gina K.
That's funny you say that. I have a bunch of picture frames right above my stamping table. I don't use them for stamp storage- but when I am working for long periods of time, I keep all the stamps use stuck to the picture frames. That way I don't have to search the table for them. When I take them off the block, I just stick them back over my wedding picture- or whatever happens to be in the frame - and then it's super easy to find when I need it again. Gotta love static cling.
Reply With Quote Likes