Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-07-2010, 02:22 PM   #41  
Die Cut Diva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by KrysiadView Post
Has anyone noticed that most, if not all, of the positive reactions to the SU renovation are posted by SU demonstrators? I feel bad for them, because SU is doing too much at once and may alienate customers who relied on the continuity of the SU line. I for one, am not at all happy with the retiring-unretiring-retiring cycle. Time for me to shop elewhere.
It's funny that you should say this! On the demo side we have been talking about the overwhelmingly positive response we are seeing here and from our customers. Maybe it's in the eye of the beholder?

~W
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2010, 02:28 PM   #42  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by andrew overtonView Post
I dont think anyone seems is going to miss handsome hunter,thats what i was talking about initially, but who cares anyway i shall be getting rid of all my stampin up stuff im tired with them and so are some others from the posts on various threads .
i cannot understand Stampin up as a companys logic, i do believe they must be getting like Avon the company for women, with all the pink and more pink definately not a company for men.
I use Handsome Hunter all the time for outdoor/camping/scouting projects, but it's a color that I can easily get the same or similar some place else unlike a few of the other colors.

I haven't understood a lot of SU's "logic" for awhile - (and I put that in quotes because to me real logic makes good sense, but I (and others) don't necessarily think a lot of SU's decisions make good sense to anyone but gung-ho demonstrators and the company themselves).

Having a daughter who is all about the pink, I'll be on the lookout for good strong pinks elsewhere. SU has had a general lack of good purples for awhile and seem to be getting rid of the few purples they already had, although I didn't care for most of their purples.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2010, 02:34 PM   #43  
Glitter Guru

Received 369 Likes on 219 Posts

I'm so glad I'm not a "gotta-have-every-color" kind of person. That leaves me free to enjoy whatever comes along without regret or frustration. I have been fortunate to find re-inkers in some of the older SU colors that I still love (e.g. Forest Green - IMO the best green I've ever found for pine/Christmas trees). I will have to stock up on Close to Cocoa, because it's one of my favorite browns. For those of you who will be missing some of the purples, why not use your black SU pad? Mine is purple, so I'm good to go. I feel for the demos who have invested a lot of money in the colors that are retiring; but, hopefully, they received advance warning so it wasn't too bad. When I was a TAC demo, I used to get upset when it came time for sets to retire, because they always seemed to retire the ones I'd just bought. That's when I learned not to buy anything during the last few months before the retiring list came out. Change can often be a good thing - scary, but good. Just remember: It's only ink and paper, and some ribbon I guess. (Did I just say that??)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2010, 02:47 PM   #44  
Stazon Splitcoast

Well I'm just a customer and VERY excited personally. I LOVE the In Color program and this is like getting a bunch new at once. I'm excited that the catalog will surely have fresh exciting new combos in it too.

I definately see how some demo's might be dismayed to have to stop demo'ing their retired colors. I totally get their frustration. I think it would rock the house if SU suprised you guys by sending you all a starter kit of new colors. I know it would cost them but then you could all support the color change right away.

So as to recent changes:
The new colors: As a customer I love it. I have not bought much SU cardstock in a while except the In Colors, so this will lead to more sales for my demo.
The new Demo Agreement: I don't have much to say about this because I'm not a demo. I can see it I rekon. I totally understand it not being acceptable to some demos though.
The offering of unmounted stamps: As a customer this will definately lead to more sales for my demo. I have been REALLY picky about what SU stamps I will buy because of space. I just don't have many wood mounted stamps. There are a handful of SU sets that I was happy to buy wood mounted but the lower price point and storage of the unmounted will greatly expand my list.

I don't know any other big changes. But all in all I was fizzling out on buying from SU and I think I need to start saving up for the new catty!

Oh one change I HATE. Not that I think it's their fault, but Kristina Werner not working for them. I love her style and could easily recognize it in the catalog. I'm sure there are other equally talented designers there and it will be fine, but it is a concern of mine. As a DieHard KWerner fan I mean.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2010, 02:52 PM   #45  
Polyshrink Goddess

My heart fluttered when I saw they were discontinuing Close to Cocoa and a few other colors I use, not a happy SU camper. Then my heart sank when I though of the demos, OMG. They have to buy all the paper, ink pads, ink spots, ink refills, markers, craft inks & refills etc. for their workshops. With such a drastic change for them all at once, what will they do. I feel for them.
There clients like certain colors and now they will have to tell them, sorry we cannot use that color anymore. Change is good, but I feel it could have been done at a slower pace, we do get new caddy's every year.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2010, 03:07 PM   #46  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by hquinzelleView Post
I am just happy that Rich Razzleberry is staying. I think I use that color on every single card I make right now!
I presented a Workshop Wow at the Lafayette, LA regionals and used this color and said, "Won't we all be sad when this color retires?" So I'm super glad it is sticking around! Wow! SU listened to me! ;) (Okay, I know the decision was made long before my WSW. Just teasing.)

I'm really excited about the new colors and think a color revamp was just the thing we needed. I'm very surprised at all the whining and complaining.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2010, 03:09 PM   #47  
Stampin' Fool

I never used Glorious Green or Handsome Hunter, so I will definitely not miss them. My Christmas greens were either Always Artichoke or Garden Green.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2010, 03:32 PM   #48  
Matboard Maniac

I too am very surprised at all the whining and complaining. Change is wonderful! Though I know some people just do not do well with change, their lives must be very difficult and boring. But even though I love some of the colors that will be leaving, they were starting to look a little dull. It is time for something new. I'm really hoping that they will retire half the stamp sets in the current catalog and revamp that also.

hugs everyone - you will survive and go onto create in a new refreshing way!
Marie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2010, 03:41 PM   #49  
Stazon Splitcoast

I will desperately miss barely banana, I LOVE this color.
I have YET to use razzleberry for anything.... just can't get into it.
Will definately miss cocoa- us it alot.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2010, 03:46 PM   #50  
Glitter Guru

I think it's interesting how there are threads complaining how SU is not keeping up with trends, then when they revamp colors that were in desperate need of revamping, there's threads complaining about that! ;)

Change is good- sometimes change hurts, but in the end it's usually worth it. While this is a huge change, but the philosophy behind it is to make color adjustments easier in the future. They're thinking ahead on how to keep up with color trends in a way not limited to 6 colors for one year (In Colors). SU is also offering packages to help demos and customers update their stash cost effectively.

I've survived past color revampings. I'm not worried about this one, partially because I don't need to have it all immediately, or have it all period. Overall, my customers are excited and eager for the changes!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2010, 03:55 PM   #51  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by hquinzelleView Post
I am just happy that Rich Razzleberry is staying. I think I use that color on every single card I make right now!
While I am upset that I finally have (had) all the stable colors, they are changing....knowing Rich Razzleberry is staying is a big plus. And knowing that Kiwi Kiss is coming back, woot! Just don't ever take my certainly celery, I might have to slit my wrists or something!

It does though seem rather alot at once. Those of us who don't yet have all the reinkers for the old colors will have to go without and that's sad. I seldom have hundreds of dollars to invest at once. This could have been done more slowly?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2010, 04:17 PM   #52  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Can someone give me a link where NEW colors are added or reinstated? I saw Kiwi, razzleberry, baha, and pirouette? Which others?

Also, are the 10/11 IN color names posted, too?

I cannot believe 30 of the 48 colors are retiring! WOW! I can hardly wait to see the whole new line up!

II Tim. 1:7
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2010, 04:22 PM   #53  
Forum Fanatic

count me in as one who is upset! After buying the full Real Red pad and using it more than I expected, I JUST finally caved and bought the Bold Brights spots, and now several of them will no longer be available in the paper. grrrr. Sure, I can stock up now, but that doesn't please my wallet, and it's hard to know how much you should really get.

"Sir, my concern is not whether God is on our side; my greatest concern is to be on God's side, for God is always right�--Lincoln
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2010, 04:33 PM   #54  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by gbedwrightView Post
Can someone give me a link where NEW colors are added or reinstated? I saw Kiwi, razzleberry, baha, and pirouette? Which others?

Also, are the 10/11 IN color names posted, too?

I cannot believe 30 of the 48 colors are retiring! WOW! I can hardly wait to see the whole new line up!
This is where I saw the full list: http://www.stampinpretty.com/stampin...enovation.html
I found it here on SCS earlier today. And, sadly, Kiwi Kiss is NOT one of the colors returning. RATS! One of my favorite, go-to colors.

HTH,
Kathy
"Be Still and Know That I Am God" Ps. 46:10
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2010, 04:59 PM   #55  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Kathy, thanks so much!

All I can say is I HOPE they have crumb cake in a pigment! How cool will that be? FAB new line up! I still have some of those returning in colors, too. I loved them and did not get rid of them. Early Expresso and Cajun Craze sound scrumptious! I think this new grouping is going to totally ROCK! So thrilled the river rock is back, too!

Still no news about next years IN colors, though, right? Just checking!

II Tim. 1:7
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2010, 05:27 PM   #56  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by mginkerView Post
I too am very surprised at all the whining and complaining. Change is wonderful! Though I know some people just do not do well with change, their lives must be very difficult and boring.
Marie
Wow! Really?!? *Must* my life be "difficult and boring" because I am disappointed that I have no purple options or because I am a bit upset over all the money that I will have to put out to stay current? I think that was really unnecessary. Is it even possible to be a voice of dissent without being attacked for an opinion. I am not vain enough to assume that this was directed specifically at me, but I find it offensive that
Someone feels the need to make judgement on the state of other people's lives based upon their dissapointment over this rather significant change Really? I would call that uncalled for. If it were made clear that dissenting opinions would inspire snarky comments like that, I would have kept my comments to myself. Sheesh- my bad for thinking all opinions were welcome in this thread. Oh- and for the record, my life is extremely "difficult and boring" because I am lementing the loss of a couple colors- jeez!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2010, 05:40 PM   #57  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by mginkerView Post
I too am very surprised at all the whining and complaining. Change is wonderful! Though I know some people just do not do well with change, their lives must be very difficult and boring. But even though I love some of the colors that will be leaving, they were starting to look a little dull. It is time for something new. I'm really hoping that they will retire half the stamp sets in the current catalog and revamp that also.

hugs everyone - you will survive and go onto create in a new refreshing way!
Marie
You had to know this would offend people right? I'm one that is very excited about the change, but I do NOT agree with your conclusion that those who are upset by it are living boring and difficult lives. :???:

I'm sure the demo's who are already having to buy the new colors and such would disagree, but I would LOVE that! I would go BROKE, but I would really truly love it if the catalog was chock full of new stamps. :p
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2010, 05:56 PM   #58  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by peanut14View Post
I will miss Really Rust, Sage Shadow and Ruby Red and a few others. Wish they wouldn't have done this so fast.
I was disappointed to see Ruby Red and Really Rust on the farewell list. I do love those colors, too. I also like taken with teal and brilliant blue. Pacific Point will be a good substitute for Brilliant Blue, but I don't see a good substitute for taken with teal. hmmmm.....................
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2010, 06:08 PM   #59  
Cardstock Collector

I've also heard the craft pads/refills are going away and only Classic will be available. Can anyone confirm or refute this?

thanks! happy stamping!
Sherry
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2010, 06:09 PM   #60  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SU Creative Crew Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Personally, as a demo, I'm excited about the new colors. Having lived through the last color shake-up in 2005, I know that retiring colors will be a "out of sight, out of mind" thing for me. I got rid of all the colors that retired in 2005, and for the most part, don't miss them a bit.

I can understand that it seems quite overwhelming for demos who have a limited budget to spend on new things from SU! I can see that it would be upsetting. But I think the changeover can be doable for anyone...there is no reason you need to buy everything at once. You don't need to buy everything right away if you can't afford it. Concentrate on getting the ink pad, some cardstock, and a marker for one color at a time...that won't set you back too much, around $15.

For customers, I don't think this is that large of a problem. You have plenty of time to stock up on retiring colors...and no, I don't think SU! timed this so you would be unable to cash in on Sale-A-Bration. This was timed to coincide with the build-up for the new catalog...far too soon to start doing that before now. It was a business decision and no business can please everyone. The colors that are retiring are simply colors that don't sell very well. Is SU! supposed to lose money so that a few people can buy cardstock that no one else really wants? Instead of a viable, vibrant company with beautiful new colors, you'd end up with a failing company who would end up going out of business and there you would be, out of luck to get your cardstock anyway. Far better that SU! makes wise business decisions based on what sells well. So if there is a color you love, stock up now...and even if you don't, it's amazing how many colors from 2005 are still able to be found on Ebay. I'm sure it will be the same for the colors that are retiring this year.

I got to see samples of the new colors today and they are GOJUS! I want them all and all the ribbon, buttons, and brads that will accompany them, but I too will probably have to pace myself so that I can afford to buy them. Luckily, I kept all the retired In Colors, so my purchases will be limited to the 5 new core colors, getting the ink pad and marker for Crumb Cake, then picking up the Watercolor Crayons, pastels, and markers for the new core colors that used to be In Colors. I'm excited!

My website/blog - JanTink.com
Facebook | JanTink
Etsy Store - JanTink

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2010, 06:11 PM   #61  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SU Creative Crew Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by SherrycatView Post
I've also heard the craft pads/refills are going away and only Classic will be available. Can anyone confirm or refute this?

thanks! happy stamping!
Sherry
The craft spots will continue to be offered. The full-sized craft pads will only be available in Whisper White, Very Vanilla, and Basic Black. You will still be able to buy the refills in any color AND in a future mini catalog, they say they will be offering blank full-sized craft pads so that you can make a full-sized pad if you wish.

Facebook | JanTink
Etsy Store - JanTink

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2010, 06:44 PM   #62  
Polyshrink Goddess

Talking

Quote:

Originally Posted by StampinAimeeCTView Post
I have already posted about this on another thread but I think it bears repeating. Can *anyone* explain to me how it makes sense to bring back Pink Pirouette while keeping Pretty in Pink? They're virtually the same color!!! Meanwhile, *both* Pink Passion and Pixie Pink are retiring? Why couldn't SU have kept one? IMO, it seems like there will be giant holes in the rainbow (esp. No light purple options). I am a hobby demo, so I can't honestly say that this will affect my business, but for those of us who are demos primarily for the discount, this transition could potentially break the bank. I have read in several threads that it is no big deal, just stock up now. Ok- as soon as my money tree blooms, I'll do that! I love most of the new colors, I just wish that SU would have phased them in instead of dramatically hacking away at half the existing colors. I am sure getting all the new colors and stocking up on all faves is a great idea as long as you are independently wealthy. I, however, am not.
I was surprised too that there are no light purple options. I will also miss the bright yoyo yellow. Looks like they are sticking with subtle yellows. Maybe they are planning to add to these areas with the in colors. I am sure down the road I won't miss all this, but it will take time for me to add all these to my stock. Honestly, even though I have all the colors, I really don't use them all. Hopefully this time I will be much more selective when I add colors.

Guess this a good time for me to clean out all those dsp packs that I had to have but never have used!
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2010, 07:21 PM   #63  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by gbedwrightView Post
Kathy, thanks so much!

All I can say is I HOPE they have crumb cake in a pigment! How cool will that be? FAB new line up! I still have some of those returning in colors, too. I loved them and did not get rid of them. Early Expresso and Cajun Craze sound scrumptious! I think this new grouping is going to totally ROCK! So thrilled the river rock is back, too!

Still no news about next years IN colors, though, right? Just checking!
Look at KitKat55 reply and she has a site you can go to to look at the new colors.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2010, 07:25 PM   #64  
Embossing Fanatic

Hahaha! I just spent a fortune on "retired in color items" from everywhere I could find them. Now most of the ones I "had to have" are coming back.............at regular prices, I'm assuming. LOL how funny.........kinda'. Sigh...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2010, 07:51 PM   #65  
Full of Malarky

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by JanTInkView Post
Personally, as a demo, I'm excited about the new colors. Having lived through the last color shake-up in 2005, I know that retiring colors will be a "out of sight, out of mind" thing for me. I got rid of all the colors that retired in 2005, and for the most part, don't miss them a bit.

I can understand that it seems quite overwhelming for demos who have a limited budget to spend on new things from SU! I can see that it would be upsetting. But I think the changeover can be doable for anyone...there is no reason you need to buy everything at once. You don't need to buy everything right away if you can't afford it. Concentrate on getting the ink pad, some cardstock, and a marker for one color at a time...that won't set you back too much, around $15.

For customers, I don't think this is that large of a problem. You have plenty of time to stock up on retiring colors...and no, I don't think SU! timed this so you would be unable to cash in on Sale-A-Bration. This was timed to coincide with the build-up for the new catalog...far too soon to start doing that before now. It was a business decision and no business can please everyone. The colors that are retiring are simply colors that don't sell very well. Is SU! supposed to lose money so that a few people can buy cardstock that no one else really wants? Instead of a viable, vibrant company with beautiful new colors, you'd end up with a failing company who would end up going out of business and there you would be, out of luck to get your cardstock anyway. Far better that SU! makes wise business decisions based on what sells well. So if there is a color you love, stock up now...and even if you don't, it's amazing how many colors from 2005 are still able to be found on Ebay. I'm sure it will be the same for the colors that are retiring this year.

I got to see samples of the new colors today and they are GOJUS! I want them all and all the ribbon, buttons, and brads that will accompany them, but I too will probably have to pace myself so that I can afford to buy them. Luckily, I kept all the retired In Colors, so my purchases will be limited to the 5 new core colors, getting the ink pad and marker for Crumb Cake, then picking up the Watercolor Crayons, pastels, and markers for the new core colors that used to be In Colors. I'm excited!
A bit off topic, but as a Canadian, one stampin pad costs 7.95, one marker costs 4.50, one package of paper costs 7.25 plus 10 % shipping and handling , 10.00 minimum, plus another 13 % taxes in BC and whoa - that get's expensive! It's 19.75 to buy them , before shipping and taxes and if I've done my math correctly - that's 24.35 with Shipping at 10% plus taxes for Canadians.

For some time now our dollar has been pretty much at par with the US dollar -and is rising above right now. Does any one know if the new SU Catty will reflect this?? I will be very surprised if it does.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2010, 08:53 PM   #66  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by FallnPetalView Post
While I am upset that I finally have (had) all the stable colors, they are changing....knowing Rich Razzleberry is staying is a big plus. And knowing that Kiwi Kiss is coming back, woot! Just don't ever take my certainly celery, I might have to slit my wrists or something!

It does though seem rather alot at once. Those of us who don't yet have all the reinkers for the old colors will have to go without and that's sad. I seldom have hundreds of dollars to invest at once. This could have been done more slowly?
I'd double check that info, it's not on the new collections sheet that is viewable right now.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2010, 09:34 PM   #67  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

For those of you who have already used River Rock and Wild Wasabi in the past, what SU colors did you team with them? I really don't care for those two colors, so I am looking for encouragement now that they are core. Does anyone use these 2 colors in their gallery where I can see? Thanks
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2010, 09:39 PM   #68  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

For those of you who have already used River Rock and Wild Wasabi in the past, what SU colors did you team with them? I really don't care for those two colors, so I am looking for encouragement now that they are core. Does anyone use these 2 colors in their gallery where I can see? Thanks
With River rock I like to use black or a dark brown. Gosh, with Wild Wasabi I have used Purple, Black, Browns, yellows. Greens, It is a versatile color. Just play around with both of these colors and you will find one you like. Hope this helps.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2010, 10:34 PM   #69  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 48 Likes on 17 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by debzi333View Post
For some time now our dollar has been pretty much at par with the US dollar -and is rising above right now. Does any one know if the new SU Catty will reflect this?? I will be very surprised if it does.
Like Debzi, one of the biggest issues for me and my future SU purchases will hinge upon whether the huge price difference charged to Canadian customers is addressed or not. Maybe the next big catalogue will bring some enticing pricing. I can say that my SU spending has dropped dramatically in the last year so it's not all bad.

That said, I love so much of what SU offers. The Colour Renovation is fine by me. There are a few retiring colours I will miss but change is good. Life will go on and the sun (albeit not the Summer Sun) will still be there in the morning.
Founding Member of the Punchkateerz - "You don't have to be crazy to be one of us, but it sure helps."
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2010, 03:49 AM   #70  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SU Creative Crew Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by debzi333View Post
A bit off topic, but as a Canadian, one stampin pad costs 7.95, one marker costs 4.50, one package of paper costs 7.25 plus 10 % shipping and handling , 10.00 minimum, plus another 13 % taxes in BC and whoa - that get's expensive! It's 19.75 to buy them , before shipping and taxes and if I've done my math correctly - that's 24.35 with Shipping at 10% plus taxes for Canadians.

I really don't know. I do know that the Canadian pricing reflects more than just the difference between the currency...it also reflects the cost of doing business in Canada, which involves costs that are not encountered in the US. I wish things were more on a par for Canadians...I know that has been a sore point for some time. Prices are set at the time of printing the catalog...it would be impossible to keep fluctuating the price based on the currency exchange during the year after printing, but I hope you'll see some adjustment in the next catalog.

Facebook | JanTink
Etsy Store - JanTink

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2010, 04:04 AM   #71  
Full of Malarky

Quote:

Originally Posted by JanTInkView Post
I really don't know. I do know that the Canadian pricing reflects more than just the difference between the currency...it also reflects the cost of doing business in Canada, which involves costs that are not encountered in the US. I wish things were more on a par for Canadians...I know that has been a sore point for some time. Prices are set at the time of printing the catalog...it would be impossible to keep fluctuating the price based on the currency exchange during the year after printing, but I hope you'll see some adjustment in the next catalog.
Thanks for addressing this, and being sympathetic to we Candians - just look at the difference in cost in the April 2010 promotion

http://www.stampinup.com/ca/enc/16536.asp Awash with Colours set

CND price for new set - wood - 52.95
CND price for new set - clear - 36.95

http://www.stampinup.com/us/enu/17751.asp

US price for Awash with colours - wood -39.95
US price for Awash with colours - clear - 27.96

with our dollar having close to par, now slightly above par - I just can't understand the price difference.

Sorry to put this in this thread - I am mostly happy with the colour changes - just the prices!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2010, 04:15 AM   #72  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 431 Likes on 164 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweetie-ScrapsView Post
Hahaha! I just spent a fortune on "retired in color items" from everywhere I could find them. Now most of the ones I "had to have" are coming back.............at regular prices, I'm assuming. LOL how funny.........kinda'. Sigh...
This is funny. I'll bet those demos who always clear their shelves of those retired things mght be kicking themselves now. I use to be a demo, but I always kept my ink pads no matter what. I have all of these wonderful colors that are coming back and I am celebrating the fact that SU wised up enough to bring them back.I have even some of the cs stockpiled because I loved some of those colors. I always thought they should be increasing their color line instead of retiring colors that are still so marketable. This is the best move they have made in years. Although there are some of my favorites on the ones they took off, I hope this is the direction they follow. It truely is their papers and inks that are their stronghold as a business. What would be wrong with handling 75 colors??
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2010, 04:19 AM   #73  
Full of Malarky

Quote:

Originally Posted by lazylizardView Post
This is funny. I'll bet those demos who always clear their shelves of those retired things mght be kicking themselves now. I use to be a demo, but I always kept my ink pads no matter what. I have all of these wonderful colors that are coming back and I am celebrating the fact that SU wised up enough to bring them back.I have even some of the cs stockpiled because I loved some of those colors. I always thought they should be increasing their color line instead of retiring colors that are still so marketable. This is the best move they have made in years. Although there are some of my favorites on the ones they took off, I hope this is the direction they follow. It truely is their papers and inks that are their stronghold as a business. What would be wrong with handling 75 colors??

Agreed! 75 colours would be fine with me!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2010, 04:25 AM   #74  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

One good thing about bringing back some old favorites is that we won't be subject to the high prices of retired SU paper on Ebay. I saw a pack of Baja Breeze cardstock go for $16.00. I'm glad I didn't bid for it...soon I can get it at a reasonable price. Serendipitous!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2010, 04:32 AM   #75  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SU Creative Crew Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by lazylizardView Post
I got rid of the colors that were retired in 2005 and have not regretted it. I wouldn't have used them, most likely. I packaged cardstock, marker, reinker and pad together and sold them for $6 each at my retired stamp sale and had no problem whatsoever selling every single one. I needed to, because there were 13 new colors to buy then.

I *have* kept all the In Colors, though. Most of them I haven't used, but I have used Cool Caribbean, Cranberry Crisp, True Thyme, and Pink Pirouette a few times. Not enough to really justify keeping them, though...now I'm glad I did, obviously, since I don't have to buy the returning ones. I find I am far more excited about new colors and don't have the time to play with the old ones, except for personal cardmaking. And if you know how dismal I am at sending cards at all...you'll understand why I don't use old colors...mostly I'm making cards as samples for business or want to use only what I sell.

Facebook | JanTink
Etsy Store - JanTink

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2010, 04:35 AM   #76  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 76 Likes on 26 Posts

Quote:

=============

I use River Rock as a staple............I've teamed it up with too many colors to mention as layering........blues, other browns, greens, reds. LOVE THIS COLOR!!!!

Also, I am a huge fan of Wild Wasabi too! Goes with EVERYTHING!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2010, 04:54 AM   #77  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by StampinAimeeCTView Post
I have already posted about this on another thread but I think it bears repeating. Can *anyone* explain to me how it makes sense to bring back Pink Pirouette while keeping Pretty in Pink? They're virtually the same color!!! Meanwhile, *both* Pink Passion and Pixie Pink are retiring? Why couldn't SU have kept one? IMO, it seems like there will be giant holes in the rainbow (esp. No light purple options). I am a hobby demo, so I can't honestly say that this will affect my business, but for those of us who are demos primarily for the discount, this transition could potentially break the bank. I have read in several threads that it is no big deal, just stock up now. Ok- as soon as my money tree blooms, I'll do that! I love most of the new colors, I just wish that SU would have phased them in instead of dramatically hacking away at half the existing colors. I am sure getting all the new colors and stocking up on all faves is a great idea as long as you are independently wealthy. I, however, am not.
Aimee, I am totally with you - both in the pinks and purples matters. I also am a hobby demo and have recently purchased the full Soft Subtle range of ink pads in the last 2 weeks (on a demo order), I was extremely dissappointed that the order was filled without any notification from SU. I questioned Stampin Up yesterday on this and was told "you have been given 5 months notice". Well thats great - what do I do with all my stuff after 5 months??? On top of all this, all they appear to be doing is rehashing their in old colours (besides 5 new ones) The only ones gaining from this are SU. They have however made an annoucement that there will be a number of packs available for the first 12 months which will include the new colours papers, ink pads and writers. Cant give you any details on the packs though. This might help us, not so finacial demo's get things in order.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2010, 05:31 AM   #78  
Compulsive Stamper

Thanks Kjpp. I too am glad they are bringing back some of the colors-River Rock, Riding Hood Red, Pacific Point and Baja Breeze just to name a few. When they mentioned in this new year-(Aug 2009) to save some of the papers and that some of the colors may be coming back, I just set some of those aside. Since I make cards for me sometimes, I can use any colors I want. It's only at my workshops that I can't. No big deal, my ladies go home and play with their own colors anyway after learning the technique or layout. I guess I'm just not a soft subtles person. But I have to wonder about Daffodil Delight-isn't it just the same as the 'something' Morning we had a few years ago? I'm sure their reason for deleting the other colors had to have something to do with sales on those colors-if they aren't selling, stop carrying them. It only makes sense.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2010, 06:02 AM   #79  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by andrew overtonView Post
I dont think anyone seems is going to miss handsome hunter,thats what i was talking about initially, but who cares anyway i shall be getting rid of all my stampin up stuff im tired with them and so are some others from the posts on various threads .
i cannot understand Stampin up as a companys logic, i do believe they must be getting like Avon the company for women, with all the pink and more pink definately not a company for men.
Ummmm, there are still plenty of masculine colors! I think changing the colors up makes the line fresh and more in with the trends. Alot of the colors that are being discontinued are ones that were not selling or not selling at a rate that justified keeping them. I would rather lose a few colors with the hope that it makes more room in the warehouse for a bunch of awesome new products. I will miss around 8 to 10 of the colors that are leaving, but there are others coming into the line or remaining that will fill the gap nicely. I honestly do not think they would make this change lightly and since I "survived" the last change this will be no different. This is my hobby and I love all sorts of companys products. Yes I am a SU demo, but still use what I like for my own personal use. As far as some of the other colors leaving, like the purples, I know if I need some that I can get some that coordinate great with my SU from PTI.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2010, 06:06 AM   #80  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erin KView Post
You had to know this would offend people right? I'm one that is very excited about the change, but I do NOT agree with your conclusion that those who are upset by it are living boring and difficult lives. :???:

I'm sure the demo's who are already having to buy the new colors and such would disagree, but I would LOVE that! I would go BROKE, but I would really truly love it if the catalog was chock full of new stamps. :p
I kept all of my past incolors so other than replenishing paper as needed I am all set. As far as new colors go, I will only have to buy 5 new colors, not a huge deal. I think the last time they changed 10 or 12 colors. I am also excited to see the new colors and while I will miss some, it is not the end of the world to me. I will buy a pack of a handful of them and that will be enough to tide me over....No biggie.
Reply With Quote Likes