Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Announcements (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/announcements-13/)
-   -   new Mikey's coupon (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/announcements-13/new-mikeys-coupon-481862/)

Mom2AngelJocelyn 03-31-2010 12:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 180715

theres a 50% off that i found.

squirter 03-31-2010 02:42 PM

AC Moore has a 50% off for this week. PLEASE use it at your Michaels and annoy the people who work there!

:rolleyes:

Like I said I work at Michaels.....we have a competitors "scan aid" that lists a barcode for JoAnn's and AC Moore. When someone uses one of those coupons we are supposed to scan the corrisponding barcode to show where it was from. I pulled out an AC Moore coupon to use the other day (when I was buying something myself) and the lady ringing me up was all confused...."what's this?? What is AC Moore? we don't take these".....yeah, we DO. :rolleyes:

This same lady also told a customer that we don't take "copies of Jo Ann coupons" .....I pointed out to her (and she is Front End Manager) that it wasn't a "copy" but an e-mail coupon she said "OH! But we don't take them either" I couldn't believe she said that! I said "YES! WE DO! It's a competitors email coupon....we have been taking them for a while now!" "Oh we have?? Are you sure?"
OMG!!!!! She works 5 flipping days a week and I work 2....she is an FES and I am a reg. cashier!! come on now! How could she NOT KNOW THIS! It is soooooo irritating!
This is what makes customers SOOOO mad!

Mom2AngelJocelyn 03-31-2010 10:43 PM

well i can't use a AC Moore coupon cuz we don't have a AC Moore around here

squirter 04-01-2010 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mom2AngelJocelyn (Post 16418761)
well i can't use a AC Moore coupon cuz we don't have a AC Moore around here

HAHA! We don't either! That's why it stumped my co-worker. But, it IS on our list of competitors that we accept.

BillieDee 04-01-2010 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by squirter (Post 16416668)
AC Moore has a 50% off for this week. PLEASE use it at your Michaels and annoy the people who work there!

:rolleyes:

Like I said I work at Michaels.....we have a competitors "scan aid" that lists a barcode for JoAnn's and AC Moore. When someone uses one of those coupons we are supposed to scan the corrisponding barcode to show where it was from. I pulled out an AC Moore coupon to use the other day (when I was buying something myself) and the lady ringing me up was all confused...."what's this?? What is AC Moore? we don't take these".....yeah, we DO. :rolleyes:

This same lady also told a customer that we don't take "copies of Jo Ann coupons" .....I pointed out to her (and she is Front End Manager) that it wasn't a "copy" but an e-mail coupon she said "OH! But we don't take them either" I couldn't believe she said that! I said "YES! WE DO! It's a competitors email coupon....we have been taking them for a while now!" "Oh we have?? Are you sure?"
OMG!!!!! She works 5 flipping days a week and I work 2....she is an FES and I am a reg. cashier!! come on now! How could she NOT KNOW THIS! It is soooooo irritating!
This is what makes customers SOOOO mad!

You are EVIL! I like that in a person. *huge grin*

Krafty*Kate 04-01-2010 11:04 AM

Thanks for the M's coupon!

squirter 04-01-2010 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillieDee (Post 16422379)
You are EVIL! I like that in a person. *huge grin*

Haha!! I know I am! :twisted:

Now I am annoyed because I called off Wednesday (I was only scheduled for 4 hours) due to "the poops". Must have pissed off the boss lady because I just found out she called me off for tomorrow (scheduled 6 hours - was supposed to be my "big" day)

good_day1214 04-01-2010 06:09 PM

(2) Michaels coupons - valid 04/03, 04/05 - 04/10

1 Attachment(s)
http://mic.michaels.com/20100330Week...no=06754181276

sarahebo 04-02-2010 01:27 PM

How do you save the file in the pdf format? Thanks!

teenastamps 04-02-2010 08:38 PM

FYI...

Michaels here WAS letting folks use a Michaels 40% off AND an additional competitor coupon in which they added 10% to it, so a 40% AC's coupon would become 50% and you could use them both in same transaction, just not on the same item.

THOSE rules CHANGED...

Now it is ONE coupon per day, period...no matter whether it is a Michael's coupon or a competitor's coupon.

Corporate decided this I was told by our Michael's store manager.

She said that the original plan was limited to like 42 selected stores not ALL Michaels, and that it was for a limited time only.

So that's the answer to the competitor coupon issues...

Just fyi.

sighhhhhhh.

squirter 04-02-2010 10:01 PM

ugh!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by teenastamps (Post 16433875)
FYI...

Michaels here WAS letting folks use a Michaels 40% off AND an additional competitor coupon in which they added 10% to it, so a 40% AC's coupon would become 50% and you could use them both in same transaction, just not on the same item.

THOSE rules CHANGED...

Now it is ONE coupon per day, period...no matter whether it is a Michael's coupon or a competitor's coupon.

She said that the original plan was limited to like 42 selected stores not ALL Michaels, and that it was for a limited time only.

Just fyi.

sighhhhhhh.

Man that will stink if they go back to one coupon per day...."no matter what"!! For Michaels to start accepting multiple coupons and then stop...well that will just confuse and anger customers! Sometimes I just don't understand how decisions are made. :mad:
I do understand that the additional 10%off a competitor coupon was just a trial....so that makes sense to me. But not how they change the policy every other month!!!

skkirts 04-03-2010 07:46 AM

Michaels Coupon Policy

A concerned store manager who asked not to be identified shared the actual policy from his manual with me in hopes that it would clarify Michaels policy for the thousands of SplitCoastStampers.

STANDARD OPERATING PROCEDURE 404 - EFFECTIVE DATE FEBRUARY 2, 2010.

The policy says that "The acceptance of coupon discounts is limited to one coupon type per customer per customer per day.

"Type 1- %Off Any Regular Price Item (AORP)
Type 2-% Off Entire Regular Price Purchase (ERPP)
Type 3-% Off Entire Purchase (EP)
Type 4- Any Type Bonus Coupon (Bonus)
Type 5-Any Department Level Coupon (Department)
Type-6-Michaels Rewards Loyalty Card (Loyalty) discount"

So in general for most of us, it probably does mean that we can only use 1 coupon at a time if we have only Type 1 coupons: $Off Any Regular Price Item.

SharonK

I've got the policy in pdf format, but my computer won't allow me to insert it as attachment. I'll try other ways to post it.

=================
Quote:

Originally Posted by teenastamps (Post 16433875)
FYI...

THOSE rules CHANGED...

Just fyi.

sighhhhhhh.

squirter 04-03-2010 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by

[B
STANDARD OPERATING PROCEDURE 404 - EFFECTIVE DATE FEBRUARY 2, 2010.[/B]

The policy says that "The acceptance of coupon discounts is limited to one coupon type per customer per customer per day.

"Type 1- %Off Any Regular Price Item (AORP)
Type 2-% Off Entire Regular Price Purchase (ERPP)
Type 3-% Off Entire Purchase (EP)
Type 4- Any Type Bonus Coupon (Bonus)
Type 5-Any Department Level Coupon (Department)
Type-6-Michaels Rewards Loyalty Card (Loyalty) discount"

=================

I think by looking at this that it is talking about Michaels coupons. And M's coupons only. Why I think that is because of type2 and type 3 We DO NOT take competitors "% off entire purchase".

But that still goes against what we have been doing at my store.....we were told (in writing, I saw it) we could take a M's e-mail coupon with a M's ad coupon with a M's register coupon. I always try to point out to customers that Yes, we can do that today but I don't know when that will change. I get mad that I feel I need to point that out to people.

skkirts 04-03-2010 09:32 AM

Michaels Coupon Policy applies to their acceptance of competitors coupons too

The M policy has examples at the the bottom of the policy that specified that they will only accept one Type 1 coupon even though they are from different retailers..

Also, they will only accept one of their own Type 1 coupons even though they are from different sources. PERIOD ... the manager noted that it is weird that we can't use one of their newspaper coupons and a register coupon from them but that's the rule: ONLY ONE Type 1 Coupon: ie, % Off any Regular Price Item.

It's quite a strict policy compared to J's. Guess where I shop!?!? most often.

Quote:

Originally Posted by squirter (Post 16435527)
I think by looking at this that it is talking about Michaels coupons. And M's coupons only. Why I think that is because of type2 and type 3 We DO NOT take competitors "% off entire purchase".

But that still goes against what we have been doing at my store.....we were told (in writing, I saw it) we could take a M's e-mail coupon with a M's ad coupon with a M's register coupon. I always try to point out to customers that Yes, we can do that today but I don't know when that will change. I get mad that I feel I need to point that out to people.

Scraphappily 04-14-2010 05:25 AM

Well I guess I look at it is if their own employees don't understand the policy how am I suppose to interpret it. So if they are going to let me use a couple coupons... I will. I mean, they are still getting my business and in these times.......... we all have to make ends meet.

good_day1214 04-22-2010 02:56 PM

Michaels 04/25 - 05/01

2 Attachment(s)
http://mic.michaels.com/20100420MSEW...no=06901891711

scrubbybubbles 04-22-2010 04:06 PM

Thankyou for posting the updated coupons. Much appreciated! :)