Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-28-2007, 07:39 AM   #1  
Polyshrink Goddess

Default New Martha Stewart Line at Michaels

Martha Stewart Announces New Line of Storage Products at Michael's
It's so hard to keep up with Martha Stewart. But we love it.

So what's next? In a press release from MS Omnimedia, the company announced that they will be launching many new merchandising initiatives announced in 2006. One initiative we never heard before was a new relationship with Michael's arts and craft stores.

"We have completed our introductory Martha Stewart Crafts line of paper-based crafting and storage products. The line, which features nearly 675 SKUs, will launch exclusively in more than 900 Michaels arts & crafts stores in the United States and Canada in May, with independent retailers to follow later in the year."
Old 03-28-2007, 08:10 AM   #2  
Insane Embellisher

Just saw this mentioned on another thread and was trying to find some more info on the internet! I did see on a blog that her product line is quite large and covers all kinds of paper crafting - punches, stamps, stickers, papers, albums, and paper crafting items and kits with seasonal items to be developed as well. I saw different places where both April and May were mentioned as far as when the products will be launched at Michaels. Guess we'll have to stay tuned!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 03-28-2007, 08:42 AM   #3  
Stampin' Fool

i dont know but i like her.

My SCS Gallery
My blog
: Pretty Pressings
Designer for Magnolia, Sweden, Lili of the Valley and Sir Stampalot
Old 03-28-2007, 09:12 AM   #4  
Kookie Creator

I was at one of our Michaels (in Akron, OH) yesterday and they have a complete isle empty, just waiting for Martha Stewart products. She told me that they will putting everything they get out next week. Just an FYI
Old 03-28-2007, 09:24 AM   #5  
Mad Swapper

Location: Geez...I've been MIA for two football seasons...yikes!

You know I was watch Martha several weeks ago and the guy who motivates the audience revealed something inadvertantly about her new venture with Michaels.

WOO HOO!! I still have holiday episodes on my "TiVo" that I have to take notes on. I won't let my DH delete them.
Old 03-28-2007, 10:12 AM   #6  
Kookie Creator

This is good news but it surprises me because she has a merchandising agreement with K-Mart. hmmmm I wish I had some of her business savvy...

Old 03-28-2007, 10:20 AM   #7  
Insane Embellisher

Holy cow! My Mikes had a whole isle empty last Sat... I didn't ask.. didn't even know about MS stuff. Whatever the products are, I sure hope they're quality stuff- up there w/ all the familiar brands we love. Just to watch her do crafts is a total riot.. I get mad almost every time she demos! She knows nothing of what she does. Its ok to be dumb but theres no excuse to simply out and out lie when she doesn't what or how about a product. I admit tho, she has gotten better.. maybe the ppl responsible for typing up the little 'cheat notes' stickers around her work stations has had to take classes. K, I've stepped down and am puttin' trusty dusty soap box away. When it comes to that woman, I do periodically have to vent.
Old 03-28-2007, 11:27 AM   #8  
Matboard Maniac

Yeah Michaels is having a big roll out of new products starting in April and most stores are at least adding 1 more aisle of paper crafting stuff including the new exclusive Martha line.
Old 03-28-2007, 01:12 PM   #9  
Mad Swapper

Location: Geez...I've been MIA for two football seasons...yikes!

Quote:

Originally Posted by SouthernStorm
Holy cow! My Mikes had a whole isle empty last Sat... I didn't ask.. didn't even know about MS stuff. Whatever the products are, I sure hope they're quality stuff- up there w/ all the familiar brands we love. Just to watch her do crafts is a total riot.. I get mad almost every time she demos! She knows nothing of what she does. Its ok to be dumb but theres no excuse to simply out and out lie when she doesn't what or how about a product. I admit tho, she has gotten better.. maybe the ppl responsible for typing up the little 'cheat notes' stickers around her work stations has had to take classes. K, I've stepped down and am puttin' trusty dusty soap box away. When it comes to that woman, I do periodically have to vent.
I agree...Martha can be a little "snobbish" at times. But, I get so jealous when the set changes to the "crafting area" and it is set up for the project arranged by colors etc...the shelves neatly arranged...like it is reality or something.
Old 03-28-2007, 01:36 PM   #10  
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:

Just to watch her do crafts is a total riot.. I get mad almost every time she demos! She knows nothing of what she does. Its ok to be dumb but theres no excuse to simply out and out lie when she doesn't what or how about a product. I admit tho, she has gotten better.. maybe the ppl responsible for typing up the little 'cheat notes' stickers around her work stations has had to take classes. K, I've stepped down and am puttin' trusty dusty soap box away. When it comes to that woman, I do periodically have to vent.

LOL!! I totally agree. My aunts friend works for her magazine and does tons of the crafts in it.
Old 03-28-2007, 05:37 PM   #11  
Stazon Splitcoast

This will be great for Michaels and for us!! Can't wait to see what she
puts out.
Thanks for the info.

JoAnn
Old 03-28-2007, 08:07 PM   #12  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni
Demo Challenge Leader
Splitcoast Challenge Host

Location: South of Oklahoma, North of DFW Airport = North Texas!

*eyebrows UP*

Well, well, well! This must explain the aisle being 'emptied' yesterday at the M's I visited!
Old 03-29-2007, 09:11 AM   #13  
Glitter Guru

our Michael's is also getting ready for the Martha line. Just the other day when I was there they were making a spot in front of the store against the wall. I heard the manager and a couples others talking about it saying in May is when it will be ready. So I have to wait a whole month this is killing me. Now I have yet another reason to go to Michael's . My hb will ready love me now. I hope the stamps are in sets and not single stamps. I much perfer to spend my money on a whole set verses a single stamp, which tends to sit and go to waste. It will be very interesting though to see what she has in store for us. She knows the market is so huge for this and jumped on it. smart woman. lets make her even richer.
Old 03-29-2007, 09:16 AM   #14  
Glitter Guru

Anyone know where can might be able to view pictures of what she is coming out with.
Old 03-30-2007, 04:23 AM   #15  
Polyshrink Goddess

Good question. I don't have an answer for you though. I would also like to see what kind of stuff she is coming out with. Should be interesting.
Old 03-30-2007, 04:51 AM   #16  
Polyshrink Goddess

Hello!

Yesterday I went to Michael's and I asked about the new line. The lady took out a flyer and said, "You're the first one to get this." It just shows a few products but all it has are "paper" products such as puppets, a huge paper star to hang out in the yard for parties and such, party favors, paper boxes for food (had those tiny cheesecake thingys) and one lonely looking scrapbook with not much on it except a couple of stickers. Hmmmmmm...I'm still looking forward to it and see what she comes up with...

Oh yes, the flyer said the items would be arriving April 24th or 26th? and to look for the Michael's insert introducing the new line May 1st.

That's all the info I have!
Old 04-01-2007, 06:39 AM   #17  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Hi...I was anxious to read what you have all heard about the new line arriving from Martha Stewart. I live up in Ontario, Canada and was into our local Michael's store last week looking for a coluzzle template. The clerk said that they are making room for the new line and it would be there in the next few weeks. I was happy to hear that we would be getting it in Canada as soon as the US. It is supposed to be huge. I have heard it mentioned on her show and since she is so big into crafts and has demonstrated using alot of Fiskar products, I am not surprised to find out she is jumping on the bandwagon. I think EK Sucess? was mentioned as the design company involved.
Old 04-04-2007, 04:28 PM   #18  
Insane Embellisher

Well... phooey! My Michaels filled the empty aisle with SILK TREES!! I know the building is just so big ... maybeee... the trees are just there to hold the spot MS. Ya know.. seasonal, etc... like I can't imagine they'd have a run on silk trees (ever) even tho it is Spring!!
Well, speak of the devil... There's an ad to click on (just above this message window) to take a poll - "Take the PollingPoint Martha Stewart Poll". Hmm.. my, aren't we brave! I gotta check it out...
May God bless, Stormy
Old 04-08-2007, 05:27 AM   #19  
Die Cut Diva

Send a message via Skype™ to mrs_hawkins

If you go to the Michael's website and search Martha Stewart this comes up.

http://www.michaels.com/art/online/s...e=marthacrafts
Old 04-08-2007, 06:38 PM   #20  
Pearl-ExPert

I read somewhere she has part of her collection an 18 x 18 scrapbook!!

I was sitting here later on thinking that would be HUGE and what kind of bookcase would you have to put that on.

I also was thinking how many layouts you could get per page:

18x18 pages means

-3 (three) 12x12 layouts visible when book open (the middle layout would have to be cut in half, 6x12 on each page)
-6 (six) 6x6 layouts visible on top of the 12x12 layouts when book open.

OR

8 (eight) 9x9 layouts, 4 on each page visible when book open.
Old 04-08-2007, 06:49 PM   #21  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Well you know what they say, "The squeeky wheel gets the grease!" I'm curious to see what she has come up with. Of course that will have to wait until I move back to the mainland next month. No Michael's in Hawaii - GASP!
Old 04-09-2007, 05:47 PM   #22  
Glitter Queen

I was wondering why my Michaels was in such a disarray!! They had soo much clearenced out, and they were emptying an aisle. This is really neat. I am interested to see what she comes out with. That 18x18 sounds neat.
Old 04-12-2007, 09:34 PM   #23  
Insane Embellisher

I just looked on the Michaels site for Martha. Doesn't she look awfully thin, good but thin!! Can't wait to see what shes come up with.
Kathy