Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Announcements (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/announcements-13/)
-   -   Need your opinion/suggestions??? PLEASE (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/announcements-13/need-your-opinion-suggestions-please-312679/)

emmanicholas 01-05-2008 07:07 PM

Need your opinion/suggestions??? PLEASE

I would like any and everybody to please look at this card and please give me your honest opinions/suggestions about it. I thought this would be a cute card for Christmas. Couple of things I was wondering about....

1) Do you think other prima flowers would look okay....pink, yellow, blues?
2) Do you get the idea of the card....A WREATH ON A DOOR???? Did you see it or only after I mentioned it?
3) Is it missing anything..if so WHAT???

I would really like honest answers please ladies...I know that there is a lot of talent on this forum so any helpful ideas would be great.

Thanks

alanasnana 01-05-2008 08:32 PM

I did recognize right away that it is a wreath and I think it is gorgeous. Maybe some coordinating brads on the Primas? Just a suggestion.
Thanks,
Janet

detour3 01-05-2008 09:23 PM

My ideas

I really like the brad idea or maybe something that would represent berries.

Another suggestion would be to somehow put a frame/stylize the door to clearly make it say I AM A DOOR. I think just a single or double line 1-1/2 inch from the edge would work. Or a frame around the doorknob. Look at real doors for some inspiration. Remember, it's just my opinion. ;)

I really like the idea you created. Have fun!

Diane

ndeelou 01-05-2008 10:09 PM

OH! a frame around the doorknob like a key plate. And I think that the darker greens need to be at the top and the white flowers spread out more. Maybe use a larger bow or even a red bow. You could use stickles if you didn't want to take the time to brad up the centers.

I think, even tho you were going for Christmas, it could also be a St patrick's day card or use red flowers and make a valentine wreath. (Am I the only one that didn't get all my Christmas cards sent?)

Anyway, it is very cute!!

Betsy

PandaGirl 01-07-2008 09:31 AM

Honestly, I didn't get the door part at all. Also, I would stay away from the greens, or layer more so it looks more like a wreath- right now I think it looks very St. Patrick's Day-ish. Cute idea though!

jonjinko 01-07-2008 09:47 AM

Hi there! One day while walking around M's during Christmas, I saw the Jolee's 3-D wreath stickers for 99 cents and thought how cool that would look on a 'door' card! So this is really neat that you took the idea of primas to make them look like a real wreath! Here are my thoughts, I am no published designer or anything... ;)
I am wondering if maybe the primas could be done in a smaller wreath, in scale to your door. Or maybe done with smaller flowers?
I love the doorknob idea, I was thinking a brass brad would work too. HTH! Love the greens though, they could be incorporated with any colors to make it occassion appropriate - pastel primas for Easter, red primas for Christmas, and like everyone else said, this would be perfect for St. Patty's day! :D TFS!

homestead 01-07-2008 04:24 PM

I love it and did get that it is a door. My thoughts are that the wreath should be fuller and the bow tails longer(nice tieing of the bow btw). And I think red stickles or glue dots with red microbeads as berries scattered through out would look nice.
Hope that helps and thanks for sharing!

commited 01-07-2008 06:15 PM

Adorable! I love it. Never thought of that. The possibilities are endless!
Good job. (honestly) :