Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-17-2007, 11:40 AM   #41  
Rubber Obsessor

Mine was obviously reworking the store, too! In the scrapbooking/paper crafts area! They had some cute papers on clearance...

I really want a 12x12 cutter, too.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 04-17-2007, 04:54 PM   #42  
Crafting. Procrastinating. Caffeinating.

Mine has a few new things. Some cool cards from We R Memory Keepers and some of the MM embellishments. Most of the new stuff isn't out yet. I will so be stalking them. I was at Archiver's today and they had rearranged, too!
Old 04-17-2007, 06:01 PM   #43  
Matboard Maniac

Wow!! Seems like a lot of changes going on at Micheals. I was in our one and only store in Burlington Ontario yesterday and today. They are busy reorganizing all the scrapbooking and stamping stuff. The sales girl said they are making room for all the new stamping stuff coming in. It will be really neat if they are getting all the Tim Holtz and Ranger stuff. Saw all the new Ranger stuff at my real stamping store and the colors of the new ink pads and daubers are to die for. Apparently, they have had the clear stamps for $1.50 in but they only stay on the shelf for a day. Can't wait to see what they are bringing.
Old 04-18-2007, 12:55 PM   #44  
Polyshrink Goddess

I found the $1 acrylic stamps last Friday and was *IN LOVE*. Such a cheap thrill!!

If there is anyone that doesn't have access to a Michael's, contact me and I'll hop over to mine and grab you some of the new $1 acrylic stamps. The store is just down the street from me.

cheers!

Ecstatic Elizabeth
Old 04-18-2007, 02:16 PM   #45  
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

Default Wisconsin too!

I was in the New Berlin, Wisconsin store yesterday and they had two almost empty aisles in the stamping and scrapping area. I can't wait to see the new products. Now, we need another 50% off coupon, with NO restrictions on the new lines.....................................

Waiting somewhat patiently--Barb
Old 04-18-2007, 04:19 PM   #46  
Polyshrink Goddess

Okay, the new advertisement that is good for next week has most of their scrapbooking stuff on sale (70% off)!!! The sale starts on Sunday. I went to the store again today and it is simply amazing. They have the most beautiful K and Co paper and embellishments. They have A LOT of the Making Memories stuff out AND they have HALF A WALL OF CUTTLEBUG DIES AND NEW EMBOSSING FOLDERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HALF A WALL!!! I am soooooooo bummed that I can't buy anything but I am just amazed.

Get this...I told three of the clerks that the store looked AMAZING and that I was really happy about the new items and one girl broke into tears and told me that the Regional guy had just reviewed their store and they got smacked up and down one side and another. EVERYONE was staying overtime because he said it looked horrible and dirty. THe General Manager was really angry.

Boy, if THAT store looks horrible, I can imagine what it is going to look like when they get it up to par!!! I felt bad for them.

On the other hand...thank God they are bringing in new stuff!
Old 04-18-2007, 04:21 PM   #47  
Polyshrink Goddess

Oh...on April 28th, they are having scrapbooking and card making workshops and prizes awarded from 1 to 5, I think...apparently a huge deal!
Old 04-18-2007, 04:35 PM   #48  
Rubber Obsessor

Evidentally, all of the Michael's are revamping. Ours in Evansville has been redoing their scrap department for I know of at least 2 weeks. All the new Cuttlebug stuff was in, die cuts and embossing. Well, most all of the new ones.

They have a whole section of clearance merchandise that is just scrapbooking. Can't wait to see what new items they get in.

Alice
Old 04-18-2007, 05:37 PM   #49  
Rubber Obsessor

Our store in Rockford Illinois is a total disaster....it looks like it is going out of business. All the aisles are moving and a good portion of them are empty or close to empty. Hopefully it will be nice when it is done!
Old 04-18-2007, 07:14 PM   #50  
Embossing Fanatic

I don't chime in much, but wanted to encourage you guys that do have a Michaels or JoAnn or Archivers, or if you are lucky and have a wonderful, scrap/stamp independent retailer in your area to support them. We have had several JoAnn stores, beautiful layout, wonderful departments close recently. JoAnn has been loosing money, projected sales for over a year now. I have also participated on a Michael's Retail panel, spent quite a bit of time trying to help their marketing understand why I don't shop there much. They have been listening and we need to support them both verbally, by emailing HQ and complimenting them on the changes and with our pocketbooks. I don't have stock in Michaels, just have a genuine interest in the economy of America.

Someone here once suggested that we begin to buy local. I took that to heart. I have a tiny, 1000 sq foot scrapbook store in the nearby suburb where my son attends school. It's called 'Frozen Memories' because there is an awesome ice cream store attached. I try to frequent her as much as possible. Why? Because by giving her the business in my area, my taxes, public facilities, public safety ... are able to be sustainable. It's the whole hand to hand thing that makes small towns, communities, suburbs, etc work. And I also have begun to frequent the Michaels in the nearest suburb to me also.

Please don't flame me about internet purchases, I'm all for free enterprise and supply side economics. I am excited Michaels heard us when we spoke.
JMHO.

Gail
Old 04-18-2007, 07:45 PM   #51  
Gallery Gazer

Send a message via Skype™ to okstamper

After reading everyones comment. It's amazing how you can walk into any Michaels store and have the same feeling of everyone else. There stores are messy and reorganizing things just because they Martha Stewart coming in. I went to 3 Michaels today and all 3 of them were messy and in the organizing mood. They even put a whole new isle with the cuttlebug & sizzix together with some brand new things too. Anyways, I just wanted to let everyone know that I am not alone on this.
My Blog~Bonnie's Creative Corner
Every Job is a Self-Portrait of the Person Who Did It.
Autograph Your Work With Excellence.~Author Unknown
Old 04-19-2007, 12:10 PM   #52  
Crafting. Procrastinating. Caffeinating.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gail Hollar
I don't chime in much, but wanted to encourage you guys that do have a Michaels or JoAnn or Archivers, or if you are lucky and have a wonderful, scrap/stamp independent retailer in your area to support them. We have had several JoAnn stores, beautiful layout, wonderful departments close recently. JoAnn has been loosing money, projected sales for over a year now. I have also participated on a Michael's Retail panel, spent quite a bit of time trying to help their marketing understand why I don't shop there much. They have been listening and we need to support them both verbally, by emailing HQ and complimenting them on the changes and with our pocketbooks. I don't have stock in Michaels, just have a genuine interest in the economy of America.

Someone here once suggested that we begin to buy local. I took that to heart. I have a tiny, 1000 sq foot scrapbook store in the nearby suburb where my son attends school. It's called 'Frozen Memories' because there is an awesome ice cream store attached. I try to frequent her as much as possible. Why? Because by giving her the business in my area, my taxes, public facilities, public safety ... are able to be sustainable. It's the whole hand to hand thing that makes small towns, communities, suburbs, etc work. And I also have begun to frequent the Michaels in the nearest suburb to me also.

Please don't flame me about internet purchases, I'm all for free enterprise and supply side economics. I am excited Michaels heard us when we spoke.
JMHO.

Gail
Thanks for this. I just moved and now have two great LSS near me, along with a fairly new Michaels. I have been thinking about this lately, too.
Old 04-19-2007, 12:35 PM   #53  
Polyshrink Goddess

I agree! I would much rather support my local stores rather than buying online. I am not very patient so being able to go somewhere and get what I need is very helpful! Unfortunately, the only store that is close is Michael's, that is why I am always talking about what they have and don't have.

I also agree that we need to express our feelings about the direction they have decided to take. I made sure to compliment the clerks there the other day and even though they were bummed about having to stay late, they were very appreciative of the comments.

As for the store being messy...mine really hasn't been messy. They have boxes in sight, but honestly, I would rather see a mess because they are ADDING items rather than walk in and see a mess and not have anything at all. Just growing pains.

Does Martha S. have anything to do with all of this? Maybe, maybe not but I think they have finally gotten wind that scrapbooking and stamping are a big business. Just look at how many people are involved here and how much money they could make....the good thing is that instead of having to wait to buy Tim Holtz alcohol inks, I can just run down to the store!

It's nice to see everyone's different perspectives!

Have a great afternoon!
Peace!