Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-18-2006, 05:21 PM   #1  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My demo application is lost

I sent my demo application in on 4/10 Priority mail. As you know, this application contains my debit card information and my signature. Well, it's nowhere to be found. SU never got it, the post office says, "Well, sometimes the envelopes don't get scanned and therefore they're not tracked." Hmmmm, I thought the whole idea of Priority mail is so it gets there fast and there is a tracking system for it. Goodness knows where that envelope is right now. And, to make matters worse, I've already been dealing with one of my bank accounts getting hacked into and unauthorized charges made on it last week. Darn thieves. So, I guess I just wait and see if my envelope ever makes it to Utah. Perhaps I wasn't meant to be a demo after all!

Linda D (the OTHER Linda D)
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2006, 05:35 PM   #2  
Polyshrink Goddess

Don't give up!
I had a priority envelope take 3 weeks once. The Post Office kept trying to deliver to an address that didn't exist. They finally sent me a package notification and I went and picked it up at the post office.

That's pretty bad what they said about the tracking though...that's the whole reason you ask for delivery confirmation so you can find out if it's been delivered!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2006, 06:17 PM   #3  
Polyshrink Goddess

Thanks for the encouragement....I've got my whole first order ready to go already. A big 'un, too! Maybe this is a hint that I shouldn't be spending this kind of money on stamps!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2006, 07:11 PM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

Now, now, that's "husband speak" talkin', not reality! Call Demo Support and see about re-sending. It's not like they'd sign you up twice if they get the other paperwork... C'mon, girl! You got stamps waitin' for ya!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2006, 05:08 AM   #5  
Polyshrink Goddess

Oh how frustrating!!! Is the post office going to at least refund what you paid for priority & delivery confirmation since they lost it?
My Fun Stampers Journey Site
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2006, 05:21 AM   #6  
Polyshrink Goddess

I don't know about the refund, but they say I have to wait at least 14 days before I put a trace on it. Shoot, by that time, I could send a regular letter and have it processed by SU. So much for paying more for Priority to ensure it gets there, huh?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2006, 09:36 AM   #7  
Hardware Hotshot

that so stinks! I remember when I signed up and waited for my demo number, every minute seemed like an eternity until I had that starter kit in my hands. I hope it gets resolved!
Megan arrived 3/16/09
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2006, 12:28 PM   #8  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The absolute worst post office story I've ever heard was a law school classmate of mine -- his application to the bar exam fell on the floor of the post office and wasn't delivered on time. He had to wait 6 months before he could take it and become a lawyer (ixnay the lawyer jokes). This was before priority mail, federal express, etc.

I say send it again today.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2006, 04:59 PM   #9  
GMC
Matboard Maniac

I am having the same priority mail problems as you, but it is in regards to a trade. I sent my package out on April 12th by priority with delivery confirmation. The USPS website says the package was missent but has no other info on it. I called USPS and spoke to customer service (ha, a joke) and was told a similar thing. Priority Mail does usually take 1-3 days for delivery however can ALSO take up to 14 days. The priority package does not get tracked from destination to destination, only express packages. The rep did start an inquiry and assigned a number to the inquiry and said that someone else would be calling me about it. USPS cannot tell me where the package is, whether it was their fault for it being missent or whether it was my problem due to a wrong address on the package.

I say call again and ask very very nicely to have the inquiry started early. I am keeping my fingers crossed that the package arrives to the buyer and soon.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2006, 07:18 PM   #10  
Polyshrink Goddess

Did I ever tell you about my experience with the post office about a year ago? I was doing a lot of eBaying, and KNEW I had been sent several Priority packages. Well, they were not delivered to me, so I called the P.O. a couple of times, and flagged down my carrier and personally explained that I KNEW these packages had to be in my local post office, as their tracking said they were..."No, no, there's no packages for you, but I'll check again every day for you." Well, to make a long story short, I went into the post office and sort of threw a mini-fit about it, and lo and behold! Guess where the packages were? Yep, all there,....just stacked up because the carrier didn't want to load them in her vehicle and deliver them!!!! It took 3 cartloads to get them to my car and filled up the back of my 4Runner! Can you believe it!? I made a complaint about the carrier and I haven't seen her since. What a lazy, non-caring, lying....etc., etc. carrier.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2006, 07:31 PM   #11  
Polyshrink Goddess

It made it there! I just checked the USPS.com site, and it was delivered today! Thank goodness. Now, I wish that USPS would at least scan the items that we are paying a premium price for to be tracked at the beginning of their journey and the end, not just the end!

Whew! What a relief. I could just picture my credit card number being passed around the neighborhood where I work (where I mailed it from). Not exactly a wonderful neighborhood! More like the ghetto! More crime there than in my entire city.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2006, 07:34 PM   #12  
Stazon Splitcoast

YAY!!! Now you know it was meant to be....for sure! Congratulations!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2006, 07:47 PM   #13  
Chattin' & Sippin' in SPAM-Land

Quote:

Originally Posted by durhamzoo
It made it there! I just checked the USPS.com site, and it was delivered today! Thank goodness. Now, I wish that USPS would at least scan the items that we are paying a premium price for to be tracked at the beginning of their journey and the end, not just the end!

Whew! What a relief. I could just picture my credit card number being passed around the neighborhood where I work (where I mailed it from). Not exactly a wonderful neighborhood! More like the ghetto! More crime there than in my entire city.
I have learned that if you want your Priority package scanned at the beginning of its journey, the only way to get it done is to go INTO the PO, wait in line and when you get to the counter ask them to please scan it and make sure they do!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2006, 08:08 PM   #14  
Polyshrink Goddess

Thanks, Lisa for the advice. I will definitely do that next time. Hey, and you're in Livermore? Not too far from me, in Fresno.

Linda
Reply With Quote Likes