Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Announcements (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/announcements-13/)
-   -   Michael's gave me a 50% off coupon, BUT... (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/announcements-13/michaels-gave-me-50%25-off-coupon-but-339157/)

Lindi 04-08-2008 03:38 PM

Michael's gave me a 50% off coupon, BUT...

Well, today I wandered into Michael's hoping to use my 40% coupon for something, but just ended up with a Wilton baking pan.
However, the cashier handed me a plain black and white printed paper with a 50% off coupon on it for next week!!!
Okay, now. Honestly.
I can scan and print out as many of those as I please!!!
Are they not concerned?!
Something seems fishy here.....they can't just be giving us the opportunity to print as many coupons we want to print up, can they!?

Well.....I'm game!
Hope you gals get as lucky! I'm SURE I can find things I want for 50% off...silly how that extra 10% seems to make such a difference, even if it's just for more baking supplies! LOL!!

Happy hunting! ;-D

Arinka 04-08-2008 04:36 PM

I got one yesterday too, but the coupon is printed on a really weird yellow paper that I wouldn't be able to find anywhere to copy it onto ~ LOL!

Tamschro 04-08-2008 07:57 PM

I got one the other day too... it was on blue paper.... but yeah.. just photocopied. I also got a 20% off coupon on the bottom of my reciept. They're really trying all sorts of ways to get coupons out the last couple months.

tabatha 04-08-2008 09:31 PM

I worked in a large paper store and there is a box of paper you can purchase called "kan't copy paper." It is used for gift certificates I believe. Maybe this was used on the first ladie's coupon? Just an FYI on the paper. It seems to me Michael's has really changed lately and they are NOT so busy. I have cut back on my trips there as I have so much stuff. It really bothers me when M and J sell their product higher than manufacturer's suggested retail price and then they both always have so many sales, coupons, and ads. Just my two cents.

pattydeon 04-08-2008 10:52 PM

Last week someone posted on here a link to a M's 50% off coupon that anyone could just print off as many as they wanted. My experience with them is that during the weeks they have a coupon, anything I would want to buy is already "on sale" so they won't accept the coupon for it.

Lindi 04-09-2008 03:49 AM

Too true...anything that anyone could possibly actually want is put on 25% off, so our 40% coupons are useless.
Yesterday, however, I bought a Wilton rectangular pan, as mine seems to have disappeared at our DD's home...;-)
Like you, Tabatha, I think my scrapbook supplies (and beading supplies, too, come to think of it) have reached critical mass.
Another gal said she uses her coupons for magazines, books, etc...glue is always good to pick up....stamp pads....
I doubt our store here is sophisticated enough to use a kan't copy paper, and as other stores seem to be using coloured papers, there doesn't seem to be any company policy about papers....I think my scanner will be a tad busy next week! hah!

Junction216 04-09-2008 05:27 AM

That's so funny! When I went on Sunday, I got a 50% off coupon for next week, but when I went to a different M's last night, I didn't...

Hmmm...:confused:

Lindi 04-09-2008 05:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tamschro (Post 9453461)
I got one the other day too... it was on blue paper.... but yeah.. just photocopied. I also got a 20% off coupon on the bottom of my reciept. They're really trying all sorts of ways to get coupons out the last couple months.

Tamschro! I just noticed you're going to have a baby in June!!!
Congratulations!
Our DD and her Hubby are expecting their son on June 4th!!

Best wishes....Lindi!

Navy Blue 04-09-2008 11:11 AM

I have two (two different stores), both are on plain white copy paper.

pbvkt 04-09-2008 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arinka (Post 9451191)
I got one yesterday too, but the coupon is printed on a really weird yellow paper that I wouldn't be able to find anywhere to copy it onto ~ LOL!

Me too...just call me yellow coupon Katie! Haha

Actually, I'm wondering if I can use it for a cuttlebug? It says no cricut products, but that's a different machine, right? Oh, I hope, I hope!

celtictrek 04-09-2008 02:38 PM

Our store is really picky about internet (printed) coupons. They won't take them from JoAnns. they'll only take the ones from their flyer.

I got a coupon from them last week(?) via e-mail. I printed it out and left it right on the e-mail. I spent it the day I got it and the lady almost wouldn't take it because she didn't know about it. But when she saw I had the printed out e-mail from Michael's she was okay with it.

Also, we can go into our stores and ask for the coupon discount without the coupon (we don't get the flyers out here in the boonies). You just sign a register so that you don't do it over and over.

LynetteA 04-10-2008 05:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lindi (Post 9450558)
Well, today I wandered into Michael's hoping to use my 40% coupon for something, but just ended up with a Wilton baking pan.
However, the cashier handed me a plain black and white printed paper with a 50% off coupon on it for next week!!!
Okay, now. Honestly.
I can scan and print out as many of those as I please!!!
Are they not concerned?!
Something seems fishy here.....they can't just be giving us the opportunity to print as many coupons we want to print up, can they!?

Well.....I'm game!
Hope you gals get as lucky! I'm SURE I can find things I want for 50% off...silly how that extra 10% seems to make such a difference, even if it's just for more baking supplies! LOL!!

Happy hunting! ;-D

I went to Michaels yesterday (for the first time) and they had a whole stack of those coupons laying on the check out counter in blue, yellow and pink.

ITeachKindergarten 04-10-2008 05:27 AM

I got mine yesterday--regular white paper....

I did manage to get the big crop a dile and a giga circle punch, and there were oodles of stamps--get this(.30 each!)......

I plan on going back to use my 50% too.

Kimberli 04-10-2008 05:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pbvkt (Post 9459449)

Actually, I'm wondering if I can use it for a cuttlebug? It says no cricut products, but that's a different machine, right? Oh, I hope, I hope!

The Cuttlebug is on sale on the East Coast for 50% this week.
I bought one on Monday! :)
Not sure if all Michaels are the same, but you should check. I got mine for $40.
Good luck...hope you get one!

I also got a coupon from the cashier and it was in black & white.

JohnsPrincess 04-10-2008 06:00 AM

Lol - I printed off the coupon that Patty posted. I printed it a few times... I went to M's last Friday and used one and the lady was like "Oh, it's so good that you are just using one and not abusing it. We had a lady in here early this week who tried to use a whole bunch!" So...I'm half feeling guilty knowing I'll use at least one more and half thinking what an idiot the lady was to try to use a bunch at ONE TIME. LOL. The next day I went back with my husband and he used one of the printed ones and I used the one from the previous Sunday's paper. So...technically...I only used a printed one once. LOL!!

michelel 04-10-2008 06:01 AM

Quote:

I got a coupon from them last week(?) via e-mail. I printed it out and left it right on the e-mail. I spent it the day I got it and the lady almost wouldn't take it because she didn't know about it. But when she saw I had the printed out e-mail from Michael's she was okay with it.
I got this coupon also. I went on Thursday and had no trouble using the coupon. My mom and I went back on Saturday and the cashier that was checking me out told me she could not accept the coupon since it was printed out from a on-line site. I told her it was a Michael's coupon that they sent me. She ended up taking 50% off but was not happy about it. My mom was in another line and had no trouble what so ever using the coupon. It amazes me how it depends on the store and the employee as to whether or not you can use their own coupons!

pamshobby 04-10-2008 07:09 AM

Does anyone have the web address to print a Michael's coupon? I'm heading out there in a little bit. Thanks!

Erin K 04-10-2008 07:46 AM

I don't have an address Pam, but go anyhow, EVERYTHING I picked up was 40 or 50% off. cuttlebug, ink pads, tons of random crap.

I read somewhere that they are getting out of a lot of their lines, going to be more into premade stuff. OH and they definately canceled ALL classes, cept the Wilton ones. That freaks me out. Course down the street from my Michaels is an adorable Stamp/Scrapbook store that I'm hoping picks up all the displaced Michaels craft students! :)

Anyhow I did get my kid a cuttlekid and a pile of dies for it. Course he's just 3, so I gotta actually turn the handle for him. But he learned how to properly do a sandwich in just about ten minutes! Crafty blood I rekon.

Oh and I'm sure they don't really care about the coupons, I think they are trying to get rid of lots of stuff ya know?

Noel in TX 04-10-2008 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erin K (Post 9465842)
Oh and I'm sure they don't really care about the coupons, I think they are trying to get rid of lots of stuff ya know?

That's what I thought. I told my DH the other days that I think Michaels is going to somewhere for sure.

airbornewife 04-11-2008 05:36 PM

I wish we had a Michael's near us.. we are in middle of nowhere Missouri ~ just kidding.. we are 130 miles from St. Louis and about 100 miles from Springfield.. I did get to finally go to an Archiever's last weekend in St. Louis, we went after we went to a Cardinal's baseball game.. I didn't even know that the store was in the mall.. we had left my hubby in Cabela's to walk the mall and found a book store.. and after buying some magazines, we looked at a map and seen that the Archiever's was right next to the Cabela's.. so we hurried back through the mall to get there.. next time I won't have my kiddos with me.. they were worn out from the game, so they of course didn't want to be there..

We are going to be stationed back at Fort Bragg, NC in July.. and I am looking forward to having a Michael's and a Hobby Lobby right there.. oh.. and an A.C. Moore store too!!!

Pam

rogers2345 04-11-2008 05:42 PM

Hmm wonder if their company is going in the toilet? They seem to be getting a bit desperate!!!

sixty6pixiestix 04-11-2008 08:12 PM

I got one too and the cashier used a yellow hi liter and hi lited "any one regular priced item" I think they must be trying to move stock out because they are getting a bunch of new stuff in. If they were smart they should get customers to sign up for a club card, when they swipe it they can track if you already used your "electronic coupon" for that week. Collect points for discounts, track shopping trends of their customers ect and it would be environmentaly friendly not using all that paper to print coupons. *Snort* listen to me going on about being environmentaly friendly sitting next to my overflowing garbage can full of paper scraps! :rolleyes:

TheresaCC 04-14-2008 08:00 AM

My store has the ones on plain white copy paper. I scanned it and uploaded to photobucket. Here is the link if you want to try it at your store. Sounds like it may work at some. If your store doesn't take it because it is not on the correct paper, you could always say it came from the Redding, Ca store. Good luck

arles 04-14-2008 09:54 AM

THANK YOU TheresaCC !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!

Jen2972 04-14-2008 11:05 AM

you guys are all so silly... trying everything with coupons. if you have one nad the micheals won't accept it don't get all hasty just eave everything you were buying on the counter adn walk out. Try again another time. I used to work in a photo studion where we had tonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnssssssssssss of free coupons and yet people always tried to manage to bring "illeagal" coupons... we still gave them the free pic or what ever because in the long run they will come back again and again. Same with Micheal's you go in to use your coupon and most likely find another item on sale and pick it up. As for this couplon... heck I got 3 of them...one from the CS lady when I returned somthing and then again at checkout (she gave me 2). It's just crazy to see such a thread about , ultimately a piece of paper.

nuhddad 04-14-2008 11:49 AM

i got a blue, green and yellow. Depended upon what day I was in. I already used the yellow now for the green and blue.

2goofy 04-14-2008 01:21 PM

I am having the problem of not knowing what to use my coupon for. I hate not using one of those coupons, but I have alot of stuff and they just don't seem to get any new things in.
I also think that it's kind of strange that they are putting out so many coupons.

Tammy:cool:

helmts1981 04-14-2008 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pbvkt (Post 9459449)

The trick with the cuttlebug is by saying it is a provo craft product and not a cricut product even though it is made by the people that made cricut. I used a 50% coupon on mine

mary williams 04-14-2008 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by helmts1981 (Post 9512252)
The trick with the cuttlebug is by saying it is a provo craft product and not a cricut product even though it is made by the people that made cricut. I used a 50% coupon on mine

You can use it on the cuttlebug... they are both made by provo craft so not a problem... just won't be accepted on any products that say "Cricut". Have fun with your bug!:D

Woops... just realized I quoted the wrong person. So sorry!!!

mary williams 04-14-2008 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2goofy (Post 9512245)
I am having the problem of not knowing what to use my coupon for. I hate not using one of those coupons, but I have alot of stuff and they just don't seem to get any new things in.
I also think that it's kind of strange that they are putting out so many coupons.

Tammy:cool:

Sometimes I don't even get crafting stuff with my coupon... I let the kids pick out something for themselves or get a new picture frame. Good luck finding something! :)

mary williams 04-14-2008 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jen2972 (Post 9510913)
you guys are all so silly... trying everything with coupons. if you have one nad the micheals won't accept it don't get all hasty just eave everything you were buying on the counter adn walk out. Try again another time. I used to work in a photo studion where we had tonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnssssssssssss of free coupons and yet people always tried to manage to bring "illeagal" coupons... we still gave them the free pic or what ever because in the long run they will come back again and again. Same with Micheal's you go in to use your coupon and most likely find another item on sale and pick it up. As for this couplon... heck I got 3 of them...one from the CS lady when I returned somthing and then again at checkout (she gave me 2). It's just crazy to see such a thread about , ultimately a piece of paper.

Your coupon will be accepted no matter what color paper its printed on. The store managers had to print them off in the office and so they've been printed on whatever paper the office was stocked with. Have fun shopping!!! :cool:

Jillgunter 04-15-2008 04:11 AM

My store had green in the beginning, but towards the end of the week they were printed on white paper. There is no sale this week so you can get 50% off anything except Cricut stuff.

HabitualScrapper 04-15-2008 10:40 AM

How do I get my paws on one of these coupons??? I live an hour & a half away from a Michaels...but I am planning to go this Saturday!!