Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-18-2008, 03:07 PM   #1  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to Cristena
Default Stamping for Cancer

I am not really sure where to put this at. So, if the moderator feels they need to move it please do so, and sorry for the trouble.

I am having a fund raising event for a friend of mine that if you can attend that would be fantastic! if you would like to donate or have other ideas for me that would be very thankful as well - I will even take prayer as well! I would be so thankful from the bottom of my heart!

Here is the details of the event:

Cancer is something that has really hit home for myself and my family.

In 1993 my husband's father left this earth because of leukemia at the age of 45.

In July of 2007 my best friend of 25 years (Terrilynn)- her husband, Paul who is 45 years old, was diagnosed with cancer of the stomach. Which was only found due to an unknown ulcer erupting and taking part of his stomach with it. When they opened him up to do the surgery they found the cancer. Having a stomach the size of a quarter left when they were done - he was told he would have to endure radiation, chemo (sp?) therapy for months. If that wasn't the worst of the news, he was then told he would have to have a feeding tube coming out of his stomach for the rest of his life. Then having to explain this to his 5 boys.

He did the radiation, the chemo - but it didnt seem to be working and he was losing weight by the minute it seemed. Going from around 200lbs. down to 135lbs within weeks. Having incredible amounts of pain, and still in and out of the hospital for what seemed every other day. is how it has been since July.

In September his short term disability at work ran out and Big Lots terminated his job as Asst. Manager. which canceled all his medical insurance and life insurance - leaving only Terrilynn's Job for any and all income for the family.

He has had no income but my best friends Terrilynn who works for Expedia. Expedia has been VERY good with anything she needs or time that she needs off to care for her sick husband. But it doesn't pay all the bills.

This last Sunday, February 10th Terrilynn took her husband into the hospital with a HORRIBLE gut feeling that she wouldn't be taking him home this time. This is when they found out that the infection that had been contracted around Paul's feeding tube had been identified as Mersa. This infection has been fighting against them the entire time of this long journey, and the journey is in fact coming to a short end. Paul if we are blessed has MAYBE a month left to spend with us.

Paul and Terrilynn's Finances have been suffering along with them, as I am sure that all of you can understand. It is hard on a wife that has her husband that she knows will not be around much longer due to Cancer and 3 boys at home to take care of - what would you do? go to work to pay the bills, or spend the last remaining moments with your husband?

This is where her family and friends are trying to step in.

None of us are made of a million bucks! lord we all wish that we were! So this is how I am trying to help out.

On March 1, from Noon until 3:00 pm I will be having a fund raising event, and charity event for not only my friend Terrilynn and her family but also for the Cancer Ward of St. Josephs Hospital where paul is staying with some very wonderful nurses - but also for the children at the Ronald McDonald house in Seattle.

At the event I will have:

* refreshments
* door prizes
* a $1.00 raffle
* 2 card and 1 scrapbook page make and take
* Silent Auction of different Items

The make and take projects are FREE - with one exception - I ask that you make 2 of everything you make.

When you make 2 of each project - You will take home one set

Then!
* one card will be donated to the Ronald McDonald House in Seattle
* one card will be donated to the Cancer Ward at St. Joes Hospital for the families to use
* half the scrapbook pages will be given to Terrilynn to put photos of Paul in
* Half will be donated to the nurses at the cancer ward at st. joes hospital to give to their patents families as they see fit.

As Well:
* All the money from the Raffle will be going to Terrilynn and Paul to help.

* this will be a fun event for you - with lots of things to take home

* a very heartwarming event for Terrilynn, Paul, their boys, and all the other people you will touch with the extra projects that you will be making for the Ronald McDonald House, and for the Cancer Ward at St. Josephs Hospital.

Please Note!
* If you just want to make the projects for yourself and to be donated that is wonderful!
* If you want to just donate money that would be nice too and We would be VERY Thankful!
* If you are like me, you dont have the money to help - but you have your heart to lend We would love to see you there!!

If you have any questions please let me know 253-217-7202 or 253-941-6950

If you would like to know more about Pauls Cancer You can look here under Gastric Cancer www.nci.com

With all that said - if you would like to donate Cards to Ronald McDonald House, the Cancer Ward at St. Joes, To Terrilynns Family, Or Scrapbook pages, or even money

Please send everything to:
Cristena Bagne
28705 34th Ave. S H104
Auburn, WA 98001

Or if you wanted to donate money you can go to any US Bank and just tell the teller it is for the "Puppe Family Cancer Fund"

I would be so very thankful to anyone who wanted to dontate anything. Especially with so many families or just people out there right now needing help that you decided to lend your heart to my friends family - I would be forever thankful for your love and kindness!

Hugs,
Cristena

PS - We also will just love prayer as well.

Last edited by avonlea; 02-19-2008 at 08:24 AM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2008, 07:50 AM   #2  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Christena---
You are an angel! My thoughts and prayers are with Terrilynn and her sweet Paul and their boys. I pray for an awesome turnout at your fundraiser!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2008, 02:30 PM   #3  
Glitter Queen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, Cristena, what a sad story! You sure are a great friend to step up and try to help. I'm on the opposite side of the country, but I'm sending well wishes for Terilynn's family and for a successful event. Good luck!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes