Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-28-2009, 05:19 PM   #361  
Insane Embellisher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ordered one of the holiday joy sets with the star and egg shaped glass ornaments and then a bunch of paints. I hope the web site isn't down for awhile so I can access the tutorials.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-29-2009, 03:53 AM   #362  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

i ordered on feb 18 and im still waiting..i live in Canada..but for the price its so worth the wait
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-29-2009, 04:23 AM   #363  
Glitter Queen

Oh, no. I often use Twinklings.:(

http://www.tesapysslar.blogg.se
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-29-2009, 01:08 PM   #364  
Glitter Queen

It's so sad they are going out of business :( I love to work with twinklings together with both marks or ordinary water colors...gives such a nice touch of glimmering..

I already bought quite many colors lately...but I don't wanna use them (what if I run out of them!!!)

Have a fab evening!

~Welcome to My little blog~
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-29-2009, 02:39 PM   #365  
Stampin' Fool

Just an update. I placed my order for all of the mini pots of H2O's on March 10th and got charged $177.45 on the 25th. I'm excited! I won't start stalking my mailman for at least 3 weeks right? Oh and do they come from the post office? Or are they shipped UPS?

Thanks

Erin
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-29-2009, 03:15 PM   #366  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paper KissyView Post
Just an update. I placed my order for all of the mini pots of H2O's on March 10th and got charged $177.45 on the 25th. I'm excited! I won't start stalking my mailman for at least 3 weeks right? Oh and do they come from the post office? Or are they shipped UPS?

Thanks

Erin
I am going on 4 weeks so good luck!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-29-2009, 05:36 PM   #367  
Pearl-ExPert

Its been over 4 weeks for me! Hopefully next week will be the week!

MY BLOG
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2009, 02:43 AM   #368  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampinfrogView Post
I placed my order on 2-18, charge on cc 3-1 and have not recv anything as of 3-28. By the way it looks they are not filling orders in the order they came.Maybe they are filling the orders from when the payment was approved! Just a thought!
I placed this order in hopes to have it by the time a special project was due. Hopefully I will get them by 4/5
Larue (if you don't mind me asking)what day did you place your order and did you order any H2O?

I ordered mine on 2/18, my card was charged 3/3, and mine arrived via the postman, 3/28. I ordered 5 of the 12 packs. Maybe it has more to do with what colors they have to make.

Hope yours arrive soon!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2009, 06:42 AM   #369  
Die Cut Diva

Im sure it matters which colors or product you ordered, rather than when you ordered. They said they were making batches. Im sure they cant make every batch at once. It probably happened over the course of a few weeks, then waiting six weeks or whatever it was for the batch to dry. Those of us that ordered a huge asst., will probably take longer.
Im still waiting too. You all are building my anticipation sky high though!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2009, 07:51 AM   #370  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts
Default Which 24 Pack to order???

I don't want to invest in all the colors and there is a seller on the bay who is selling 24 packs for $30 plus $5 shipping which seems fairly reasonable given all the comments here. My question is for those you have bought them all - which 24 pack should I buy:

2453 (this is the one I am thinking about)
she doesn't have 2457

Thanks for your help...pat
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2009, 07:57 AM   #371  
Linking Queen

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm not familiar with which colors are in which packs but I think the colors you would use most often depend on the type of images you like to color the most. For example if you do lots of seashells you would probably prefer the sandy/rosy beige colors (not sure of exact specific names) but you might wants reds, yellows and purples if you color lots of flowers.

Hope that helps you make the decision that is best for you.

Happy Crafting!
Tina aka TeeGeeDee
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2009, 08:30 AM   #372  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by patintnView Post
I don't want to invest in all the colors and there is a seller on the bay who is selling 24 packs for $30 plus $5 shipping which seems fairly reasonable given all the comments here. My question is for those you have bought them all - which 24 pack should I buy:

she doesn't have 2457

that is a good price. I like the set you are looking at-in general I would say if you have black, white you can tint/shade any color. Also if you have primaries- red blue yellow and secondaries you can make many colors-I mix in my lids all the time. The other set I would look at of all those is 2452-but the only problem is it has all the irredescents, which you don't need if you are only going to have a few jars. (I just got them, but I have basic colors already and the irredes. will work for things I want to use them for.) But it totally depends on what are your main uses, nature, flowers, people, AND your personal tastes-ie: I am so not an Earth-tones person but I just got 3 browns and some other earth tones since I have a several brights already. Funny, the set I use the most is the one with cocoa, light pink and a few beiges and tans- I use those for everything- animals, people skin, etc. I am getting antsy waiting for my 24 new colors to arrive...

{there are no mistakes in rubber stamping; only embellishment opportunities}
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2009, 07:50 PM   #373  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by patintnView Post

she doesn't have 2457

That's a hard question to answer when we don't know what kind of images you would use the H2O's for... people, nature, Christmas, etc. If you let us know, I'm sure some of us can help you better.

I tend to use my H2O's mostly for flower and holiday images, not for images of people, so if you're like me then I would suggest not getting set 2454. That set would have too many light beige, flesh tone, light pink colors for you.

If you get the set you're leaning towards, 2453, you will get a few shades of brown, a couple dark green, a couple blue/green ocean shades, pretty close to a basic orange and red, a sky shade that can probably be lightened with the white you would get, and some light pink, purple and yellow shades... as well as a some other colors. China Black doesn't have very much shimmer to it.

Set 2455 would probably be a good set to get if you want a variety of bright colors... not a set you would want if you're looking for black, white, brown, dark leafy greens, primary red or orange.

I can't comment on set 2456 because I'm only familiar with half of the colors in that set.

If you want mostly metallic colors or white with a hint of purple, green, pink, etc. then you would have to choose other sets.

Have you seen the H2O's color chart on the marcopaper website? If you haven't, that will give you an idea what the colors look like on white card stock. The Luminarte site lists the names of the colors in each 24 pack set... you can use the chart to look up those colors.

http://www.marcopaper.com/twinklingH2Oscolorchart.htm

Personally, I'd be more inclined to buy the H2O's directly from Luminarte in the smaller 6 or 12 packs... that way you can get a better selection of colors that will be the most use to you. But if you're heart is set on buying a set on eBay, set 2453 or 2455 are the sets I'd lean towards, if I was only going to buy just one set in my lifetime.

Hope this helps a little. Good luck! :-D
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-01-2009, 04:12 AM   #374  
Polyshrink Goddess

Courtney at Luminarte charged $40, for 24 pack minus 40% off,

I ordered mine on March 10...charged for them March 24 and now I'm waiting. I think they may be catching up with their orders. Compared to the messages I've read, this is a shorter amount of time between ordering and being charged for them...ya think???
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-01-2009, 05:13 AM   #375  
Rubber Obsessor

Still waiting here in PA...

I called yesterday to just check in my order from 2/18. Kimberly said it was sent to manufacturing on 2/26. So, I'm still waiting here in PA...I guess the mix of colors I selected aren't ready yet. :( So, I'll just keep stamping images to twinkle later (picked up a fresh batch of cardstock the other day so I'm set). --Shell
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-01-2009, 06:10 AM   #376  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Thanks for the suggestions Island Chick. After looking at the colors on the Luminarte website, I tried to order the 2456 set because it looked like the colors were more vibrant, but she had already sold it. The only reason I'm considering ordering off the bay is the quicker turnaround time and a more reasonable shipping if I'm only ordering a set of 24. Then if I really like them, I should have time to order more from Luminarte.
I would be using them as accents to a watercolored image - highlight water, sky, trees, Easter basket, flowers - so I guess I am back to 2453.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-01-2009, 08:26 AM   #377  
Mad Swapper

Just wanted to let everyone know. I called and talked to Kimberly today to check on my order of 2-18. She said that every order goes to mfg the day we were charged,not the day it was ordered and to give it 4wks-6wks (from the date charged)to ship out to the customer. She said at this time they have had 1500 orders and it is taking 6wks to ship. Hopefully I will receive my in another 2weeks. Hope this info helps anyone waiting for a delivery of H2O!!

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-01-2009, 08:36 AM   #378  
Die Cut Diva

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I am so tempted to buy more ...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-01-2009, 09:30 AM   #379  
Die Cut Diva

I MUST Step away from the computer.......... otherwise Im ordering!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-02-2009, 03:09 PM   #380  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Just wanted to let everyone know. I called and talked to Kimberly today to check on my order of 2-18. She said that every order goes to mfg the day we were charged,not the day it was ordered and to give it 4wks-6wks (from the date charged)to ship out to the customer. She said at this time they have had 1500 orders and it is taking 6wks to ship. Hopefully I will receive my in another 2weeks. Hope this info helps anyone waiting for a delivery of H2O!!
thanks for the info-this helps, I am trying to wait patiently but oh how my fingers ache to twinkle with my 24 new colors...lol
trust me-if I had more $$ I would order all that I don't have. (which is only 24right now-soon to be 48 :mrgreen: )

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-02-2009, 05:01 PM   #381  
Pearl-ExPert

I got my order today! I ordered on 2/14, was charged on 2/18, and received it 4/2. In case you're wondering, my order consisted of four 6-packs of the mini pots and one large pot. =)

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-02-2009, 05:44 PM   #382  
Kookie Creator

I guess my order is still a month away. I didn't order until 3/11. However, my other three orders didn't have any twinkling H20s, so maybe those orders will come first. I keep watching every day, even though it's only been a coupld of weeks. We're headed to Palm Springs next week, so I have my son coming by the house a couple times while we're gone just in case they come!

Thanks for the update, Cal Bear!

Janet
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-02-2009, 08:13 PM   #383  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Thanks for the info! I ordere on 2/18 or 2/19 also. I got charged around 3/3 so I guess I'm in the same place as you...waiting patiently.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-03-2009, 01:44 PM   #384  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cal Bear StamperView Post
I got my order today! I ordered on 2/14, was charged on 2/18, and received it 4/2. In case you're wondering, my order consisted of four 6-packs of the mini pots and one large pot. =)
Thanks for the update -

I went for variety and 24 packs so I think I could be waiting a little bit longer still.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-03-2009, 01:46 PM   #385  
Die Cut Diva

Must ... resist .... buying ... more ....

I have 8 greens? okay - they ARE all different but still! <laugh> No - I don't have that many of any other color.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-03-2009, 01:55 PM   #386  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillieDeeView Post
Must ... resist .... buying ... more ....

I have 8 greens? okay - they ARE all different but still! <laugh> No - I don't have that many of any other color.
Well, all the greens are soooo different so you need them all, right?? I {heart} to enable

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-03-2009, 01:57 PM   #387  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by paisley_frogsView Post
Well, all the greens are soooo different so you need them all, right?? I {heart} to enable
Of course! I bought all of mine in 6 packs. I think I have 66 or so colors. What I don't have is the black. hmmmmm.

<steps away from the thread>
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-03-2009, 02:11 PM   #388  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillieDeeView Post
Of course! I bought all of mine in 6 packs. I think I have 66 or so colors. What I don't have is the black. hmmmmm.

<steps away from the thread>
I just ordered the black as an individual pot. I so wish I could get all of the colors-they are my faves to color with

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-04-2009, 03:43 AM   #389  
Hardware Hotshot

I ordered on the 24th of feb and my card was charged last month... so I'm still waiting... I hope they come soon.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-04-2009, 09:35 AM   #390  
Insane Embellisher

i too was charged last month and i am still waiting too
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-04-2009, 04:01 PM   #391  
Compulsive Stamper

I orderd on March 7, and still have not seen a charge to my credit card. I'm wondering if I should call to find out if my order is going to be processed.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-04-2009, 07:17 PM   #392  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Thank you! I too ordered in Feb (16th, I think), anyway, that makes me feel so much better as I get a little antcy waiting so long. Keeping my fingers crossed for the next week or two :mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-05-2009, 09:03 AM   #393  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by ama53View Post
I orderd on March 7, and still have not seen a charge to my credit card. I'm wondering if I should call to find out if my order is going to be processed.
I rang because I couldn't find my receipt (i.e. the email didn't say Luminarte and I didn't have a clue how else to find it in my heaving inbox- now found and put in safe place). If you have a receipt then I would hold off ringing because they are down to the very minimum of staff and are mixing colors to fill the orders and probably in general pulling their hair out.

As they have great reviews on customer service AND they are mixing new to fulfill current orders I think we need to have a bit of faith in them.

However,if you have your order number and are really anxious you could ring to say you were just concerned as it hadn't hit your credit card yet and wanted to make certain it hadn't gotten lost.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-05-2009, 10:45 AM   #394  
Insane Embellisher

can you tell me how they ship? I don't want my order left in front of my door when I go out of town in 10 days.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2009, 08:41 AM   #395  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by HollyMn1View Post
can you tell me how they ship? I don't want my order left in front of my door when I go out of town in 10 days.
Mine came USPS.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2009, 08:43 AM   #396  
Compulsive Stamper

Ok, so i ordered my H2O's back in Feb. and they haven't arrived yet. I think I've been a good girl and waited like I'm supposed to. But today I just couldn't wait any longer. I called and a very nice woman answered and told me that they'd had trouble with the colors on a few of their batches and had to start over BUT my order should ship this week (if everything goes right from here on out). So now I need some new paint brushes and stamps and paper and then I'll be set. :-D
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2009, 08:59 AM   #397  
Matboard Maniac

uwww, that means mine just might come this week too! Doing the "happy dance"!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2009, 09:21 AM   #398  
Die Cut Diva

Im patiently waiting! I cant wait to play with my new colors!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2009, 10:34 AM   #399  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gracious MeView Post
Ok, so i ordered my H2O's back in Feb. and they haven't arrived yet. I think I've been a good girl and waited like I'm supposed to. But today I just couldn't wait any longer. I called and a very nice woman answered and told me that they'd had trouble with the colors on a few of their batches and had to start over BUT my order should ship this week (if everything goes right from here on out). So now I need some new paint brushes and stamps and paper and then I'll be set. :-D
Thanks for the update -

I will keep having faith at this point I promised myself when I ordered I wasn't going to get worried until at least the 15th April! LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2009, 11:45 AM   #400  
Pearl-ExPert

good, thanks for the update too, I am trying to wait patiently, but it is getting hard. My cc was charged March 10 and still nothing. I ordered feb 22

MY BLOG
Reply With Quote Likes