Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Announcements (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/announcements-13/)
-   -   I've Been Published! (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/announcements-13/ive-been-published-88996/)

mahodgman 09-26-2005 03:57 PM

I've Been Published!

I'm so excited! I just got my advance copy of the October issue of Rubber Stamper where my very first published faux postage card is on page 68! Whoo hoo, yay for me!!!

elliesmom 09-26-2005 04:12 PM

Congratulations, Mary!!
You should be very proud of yourself. :)
Celebrate tonight!

Sereikastamper 09-26-2005 05:44 PM

Oh my word what a fun fun day for you!

fool4scrapping 09-26-2005 05:46 PM

That is so awesome! I'm going to AC Moore and Michaels tomorrow and will have to sneak a peek!

tayloredexpressions 09-26-2005 06:06 PM

Congrats, that's soooo exciting!

Joelyn 09-27-2005 07:42 AM

CONGRATULATIONS!

Shanon 09-27-2005 07:56 AM

Congrats! You must have some great stampin skillz!!!!!!

pcbsears 09-27-2005 08:00 AM

Wow...congrats!! I see that you are from Tacoma....I grew up there!

kimmery 09-27-2005 08:05 AM

That is awesome! Congratulations! I can't wait to get my issue so that I can look for it.
Hugs, Kim

Bosco&Me 09-27-2005 01:09 PM

Yeah for you!!! You must be super talented! :D

Qbee 09-27-2005 05:32 PM

Congratulations!! I just got my advance copy and looked you up. What a pretty design. I love the silk flower embellishment!!

It's my 2nd time being published (pg. 86-87). The trick or treat pull tab card, so I'm on cloud nine as well.

Anyone else in the October issue of the RubberStamper?? Please let us know.

Take care, Brenda

GavynnsMom 09-27-2005 05:48 PM

Congrats! I'm in there too but I haven't gotten my copy yet.

Joy

mahodgman 09-27-2005 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Qbee
Congratulations!! I just got my advance copy and looked you up. What a pretty design. I love the silk flower embellishment!!

It's my 2nd time being published (pg. 86-87). The trick or treat pull tab card, so I'm on cloud nine as well.

Anyone else in the October issue of the RubberStamper?? Please let us know.

Take care, Brenda

Oh wow, Brenda, that is adorable! Congratulations to you too. So, do they pay money for a big acticle like yours? I'm so new at this still, I'm just curious if there is other compensation besides a free magazine.

mahodgman 09-27-2005 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GavynnsMom
Congrats! I'm in there too but I haven't gotten my copy yet.

Joy

Well, that stinks that you haven't gotten your copy yet! Your cute snail card is on page 64. Congratulations to you too!

looptloop 09-27-2005 08:04 PM

Right on SCS Sistah!!

Qbee 09-28-2005 07:01 AM

Mary,

I don't know if there is a way to get more compensation than a free magazine from the Rubber Stamper. When I sent my card in, I had no idea it would be published in its own article. It could just as well have been in the cards from our readers section. I was also published in the September issue with the stamping on pantyhose article. Again, my only compensation was the free issue. I believe there are some magazines that compensate a bit more. Perhaps you could start a separate thread to see what others magazines do to compensate their contributers. My feeling is that the compensation won't be too much more than a free issue, but I could be wrong. As for myself, it has been a really exciting experience seeing my name and my cards published and for now that's enough compensation for me. :)

Take care, Brenda

StampingSpud 09-28-2005 11:08 PM

I love your card! Isn't it fun to have so many 'famous' SCSers?

I had 2 cards in the October issue of The Rubber Stamper, also. One's on page 94 (pumpkin with striped background) and the other is on page 67 (dragonflies on paintchip in mint).

Kim Ross :cool:
Boise, ID

PS: With regard to the compensation issue, there are LOTS of stamp companies and embellishment companies that pay money or give gift certificates for having their product(s) published and mentioned in magazines. Here's One Resource

scrappinkar 09-28-2005 11:13 PM

Congratulations, Mary!!!! That is soooo exciting! I hope that I can be published someday, but I have to submit first!!!!! I think that I submitted so much to Creating Keepsakes scrapbook magazine that wasn't accepted that I lost my confidence!!!!
I can't wait to get my issue to see all of you talented girls!!!!!!

JulieHRR 09-29-2005 04:14 PM

Congratulations!!! Good for you! It is always so much fun to see friends in print!!!!!

Woo hoo!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

doxiejan 09-29-2005 07:48 PM

WAY TO GO!!! What an awesome thing to have happen.

wensworld 09-30-2005 11:34 AM

How exciting! Congratulations to you :)

Jen Guarino 09-30-2005 12:46 PM

Woo Hoo!

A Big Congrats to you!! How exciting that must be.

Kathyc 09-30-2005 02:34 PM

I knew we were surrounded by talented people but with so many of our "artists" being published, I feel I'm surrounded by celebrities! Congratulations to all of you published this month! Now I have to go get this magazine too! (I just subscribed to 2 others)!