Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Announcements (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/announcements-13/)
-   -   HOBBY LOBBY in California (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/announcements-13/hobby-lobby-california-502962/)

Vina82 08-17-2010 06:15 PM

HOBBY LOBBY in California

OMG.. I just received an email from Hobby Lobby announcing "California Here We Come..Coming soon to Visalia!" No details yet..hopefully VERY SOON!

Yippeee.. it will be a 45 min. to 1hour drive for me but well worth checking out!
I'm so excited & I just can't hide it.... a new crafty store! :D

Ldyglfr62 08-18-2010 01:45 AM

I hope they come to Southern Cal too.

Tortuga 08-18-2010 04:49 AM

Yes, I hope they go to Southern CA too, my daughter lives out there and she would
Love it.

kitkat55 08-18-2010 04:57 AM

Wow! Visalia is only about 80 minutes from me, too! Vina82, do you live south or north of Visalia? That's my home stomping grounds and I'm always looking for an excuse to head up there!

HOW EXCITING! I'm always reading such great things about HL, but have never seen one. Bako isn't very far away....maybe they'll come here soon, too!

Thanks so much for the 'heads up'! Please let us know as soon as you hear anything further....

Blessings,
Kat

kitkat55 08-18-2010 04:59 AM

I just checked on their website, and they show the closest HL to Bako is in Henderson, NV! Can't wait to hear more about a Visalia store!!!

maddiesmom 08-18-2010 07:01 AM

Another vote for So Cal. Hobby Lobby bought property in So Cal for my previous church to use as a retreat facility. Maybe they'll want more of a presence in So Cal and will open a store. I can hope.

malathiguide 08-18-2010 07:52 AM

I am new here..................

kitkat55 08-18-2010 07:57 AM

Welcome, malathiguide! Do you live in an area with a Hobby Lobby? I don't, so I'm really happy to hear they may be coming to a town not far from me.....

Blessings,
Kat

sprtchick 08-18-2010 08:22 AM

Our First hobby lobby is opening on 8/23!!!!!! All us girls are getting together next Saturday 8/28 to shop, have lunch and go back to my house to play..hubby is going to be gone all weekend....My stamp room is going to have so much love that weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We are so excited....blessings.

*Alice* 08-18-2010 08:25 AM

Does HL really play religious music in the store? After hearing that they do, I was no longer interested in them coming to CA.

smhtwin 08-18-2010 01:46 PM

OMGosh!!!

My twin and I would totally love an HL in Southern Cali! I would schlep from San Diego as long as it was a reasonable distance.

We went to an HL in Michigan 4 years ago and totally loved it!!

But real estate is so darn expensive in San Diego :(

Can't wait to see what happens......

Vina82 08-18-2010 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kitkat55 (Post 17179223)
Wow! Visalia is only about 80 minutes from me, too! Vina82, do you live south or north of Visalia? That's my home stomping grounds and I'm always looking for an excuse to head up there!

HOW EXCITING! I'm always reading such great things about HL, but have never seen one. Bako isn't very far away....maybe they'll come here soon, too!

Thanks so much for the 'heads up'! Please let us know as soon as you hear anything further....

Blessings,
Kat

Hi Kat!
I live north of Visalia.. a drive but still do-able! I'll post any new email updates from Hobby Lobby!
Exciting news for California peeps!! :D

Take care,
Vina

sprtchick 08-19-2010 09:52 AM

Yes..they do play religious music...it is very inspiring to have a company like this coming to town...I love to shop there. I usually get to shop at only when I go visit my son at Pensacola Christian College in FL, visiting family in Illinois or when I visit my sweet Sis in Texas..cant wait for next Saturday!
blessings.

kitkat55 08-19-2010 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by *Alice* (Post 17180349)
Does HL really play religious music in the store? After hearing that they do, I was no longer interested in them coming to CA.

Having never been to a HL, I didn't know this; but I doubt that it's really disruptive. Usually the volume is so low that unless you're familiar with those songs, you don't even realize it. Another local store plays Christian music and I rather enjoy supporting them. If it's a problem, there's always Michael's and Joanne's! =)

Blessings,
Kat

roxybonds 08-19-2010 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vina82 (Post 17177827)
OMG.. I just received an email from Hobby Lobby announcing "California Here We Come..Coming soon to Visalia!" No details yet..hopefully VERY SOON!

Yippeee.. it will be a 45 min. to 1hour drive for me but well worth checking out!
I'm so excited & I just can't hide it.... a new crafty store! :D

I just heard about his over the weekend!!! I'm about 30-40 min north of Visalia in Fresno! An excuse to go down there :)

sprtchick 08-21-2010 01:42 PM

Come to Vegas...we can all play together...lol
hugs all.

Vina82 08-22-2010 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sprtchick (Post 17197287)
Come to Vegas...we can all play together...lol
hugs all.

Awww..I wish! Thanks for the invite! Please share a review of your HL store opening after your visit! I wonder how different it is compared to Michaels.

Hugs

*Alice* 08-23-2010 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kitkat55 (Post 17186274)
Having never been to a HL, I didn't know this; but I doubt that it's really disruptive. Usually the volume is so low that unless you're familiar with those songs, you don't even realize it. Another local store plays Christian music and I rather enjoy supporting them. If it's a problem, there's always Michael's and Joanne's! =)

Blessings,
Kat

Disruptive is a relative term when it comes to personal preference.