Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Announcements (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/announcements-13/)
-   -   HL is coming to a town near ME!!!!! (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/announcements-13/hl-coming-town-near-me-91361/)

anitafarrow25 10-06-2005 11:15 AM

HL is coming to a town near ME!!!!!

I've just heard a rumor today that Hobby Lobby will be going into the old Kmart Building in a town near me!! No more hour drive through unbelievable traffic to use my coupons!!! Isn't this awesome news????????

serialpurrs 10-06-2005 11:29 AM

Lucky you :)

wendy-o 10-06-2005 12:34 PM

Oh my goodness. I just checked their website, and there is a store opening in Oct and one opening in Nov where I live. Wahoo. I am looking forward to having some new stuff in town. Thanks for your post.

tayloredexpressions 10-06-2005 01:30 PM

:D Wow... lucky you! I just moved from Michigan (where they have HL) to California (where the closest HL is Wyoming... so not very close). I definitely took HL for granted before, but not any more. I miss it soooo much! I'm going through withdrawal and even have friends back home offering to ship me stuff when they have big sales.

Anybody know any stores like HL out in California? All I've found is Michael's and Joann's and they just don't compare to HL.

I'm jealous!! Have fun when they move in!

Farmwife 10-06-2005 01:30 PM

Wow this is great for both of you with your new stores!

SweetHeidiJo 10-06-2005 03:27 PM

I have one about 25 minutes away from me and it's right beside a Crafts2000 (Pat Catan's for some of you) so I am very very lucky. Now, this past Monday another Hobby Lobby had their grand opening and this one is only about 15 minutes away! I haven't made it over there but I need to get a few boxes of their clear ornaments (on sale for $2.00 for a box of 12) to make for Christmas gifts this year. It's really nice when my MIL asks what I want for Christmas!! Last year I got a gift certificate to both places!! Boy did I drag that money out for months!!!!

-Heidi :0)

grammatroll 10-06-2005 03:45 PM

You are so lucky. I really miss HL. I used to live only 5 blocks from one before I moved back to MT.

anitafarrow25 10-06-2005 04:58 PM

My goodness, I hadn't even thought of how great it's going to be if they get opened before Christmas. My DH just asked me today what I wanted for Christmas--now I can give him an answer!! How long do you supposed it takes to get one ready? And, of course, it's just a rumor at this point. My daughter is a hostess at Chili's and one of her customers told her at lunch yesterday. My heart will be broken if it's not so---I've gotten my hopes so high now..............

jstarbright 10-06-2005 05:11 PM

My daughter is doing a new HL store set right now. This is her 3rd one and she will be there 5 -6 weeks, they work 10 -12 hours days setting up the new stores. So far she has gone to Danville, Virginia, one in Ohio and now she at least is staying in Michigan

anitafarrow25 10-07-2005 09:09 AM

Pardon my tears---I emailed HL yesterday and the rumor is NOT true. They are NOT coming to a town near me. So, I guess I will continue to drive through Memphis traffic to get to the one in Germantown. I am SAD, SAD, SAD!!!!

StampinwithU2Day 10-11-2005 09:51 AM

H L Is 278 miles away... I have to go with local stores... :???:

RUBIWHO 10-11-2005 11:05 AM

I don't know exactly where you are in So Cal but check out Tall Mouse, great store and its a chain. You are correct we are VERY limited to good crafting stores is So Cal. you would think...

Melissa2boys 10-11-2005 11:32 AM

The closet Hobby Lobby I found is 64 miles from my house in Greensboro. My DH would faint if I drove 64 miles instead of 5 miles to Michael's and 6 miles to AC Moore.

Melissa

outsiderartist 10-11-2005 11:35 AM

Used to have 2 in Springfield Missouri where I was attending college... but sinc eI moved to the big city ( St. Paul/ minnsapolis Minnsota) none in the vacinity.

The thing I liked about Hobby lobby is that they had a little different selection than Jo-anns or Micheals.

Arlene Bridges 10-11-2005 01:01 PM

Dang it all! I was sooooo excited to see a Hobby Lobby to be near Senatobia! I occasionally drive to Hernando to the Scrapbook store there, but it is still a long drive from Clarksdale.

Sigh. I guess I will have to save my Hobby Lobby trip for Thanksgiving when I get to go to Little Rock and they have 2 of them and 2 Michaels there, as well as several LSS stores....

Wishing in Mississippi for a Hobby Lobby to come to Batesville or Oxford!

wensworld 10-13-2005 12:39 PM

Is Hobby Lobby really better than Michael's? Currently where I live we have a Michael's but no Hobby Lobby - next month when I move I will have a Hobby Lobby but no Michael's.

dawnmercedes 10-13-2005 07:17 PM

Hmmmm. I live in MI and haven't seen a Hobby Lobby. So I looked it up. I live on the wrong side of the state.

And I grew up in Ohio and lived in the wrong areas then too.

Dawn

deeth1 10-14-2005 07:36 AM

Hobby Lobby is my favorite store

I love Hobby Lobby and now buy everything from their store. They are always well stocked and have plenty of clerks to check out. The clerks are helpful and friendly. They are now offering coupons of 40% if you sign up for their weekly emails.

Pat Catans is a small store with some nice products, but they don't have enough clerks at their check out and it takes way too long to get through their lines on the weekends. Their clerks never smile and are always crabby when you ask them any questions. Returns take forever as you have to wait for the store mgr to be paged and have him sign off on the return. I think they make it a complicated process so you think twice about returning anything. Makes me think twice about buying anything from them too!

Joann retail stores are the same way. I don't want to wait 10 minutes in line to check out. Also you may not be aware of this, but www.joann.com and the joann retail stores are not the same even though they mail out sales flyers with both names on them. They have one set of prices for the on line store and another for the retail stores. I called their customer service number and was told they are seperate entities and they will not honor each others prices. The on line store says they ship within 48 hours but my experience is that they take several days before the items are shipped.

So Hobby Lobby is getting the highest score in my area.