Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-11-2009, 12:48 PM   #1  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to scubasubie
Thumbs up copic $3.95/each

http://www.carpediemstore.com/mlistC...midCategory=61

HURRY! HURRY!!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-11-2009, 01:09 PM   #2  
Embossing Fanatic

thanks!!

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-12-2009, 08:28 AM   #3  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Great deal!

Meow is kind of like Aloha. It can mean anything.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-12-2009, 09:19 AM   #4  
Forum Fanatic

Their shipping is pretty high, though, if I recall (unless you order over $80)??

"Sir, my concern is not whether God is on our side; my greatest concern is to be on God's side, for God is always right�--Lincoln
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-12-2009, 09:54 AM   #5  
Pearl-ExPert

Check out purchasing from them through Amazon, I don't think the shipping is as much and they do provide excellent service {Carpe Diem} this way too. Super fast shipping.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2009, 12:51 PM   #6  
Die Cut Diva

Do they only ship in the states?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2009, 03:49 PM   #7  
Pearl-ExPert

I am waiting on an order right now. I have order from them before great CS. Their shiiping is around $12 regardless of order. If you order $100 worth of sketch style right now shipping is free. They are super fast. I ordered on Wednesday morning and it shipped fedex that afternoon. With the holiday and weekend I should have them by wednesday.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2009, 03:57 PM   #8  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by stigmom6View Post
I am waiting on an order right now. I have order from them before great CS. Their shiiping is around $12 regardless of order. If you order $100 worth of sketch style right now shipping is free. They are super fast. I ordered on Wednesday morning and it shipped fedex that afternoon. With the holiday and weekend I should have them by wednesday.
So, if you aren't ordering that many markers, you are adding quite a bit to your "per marker" price with $12 shipping (say I order 12 markers, at about $47.50...now it's actually $4.95 each...)

"Sir, my concern is not whether God is on our side; my greatest concern is to be on God's side, for God is always right�--Lincoln
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2009, 03:58 PM   #9  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by katlady2View Post
Check out purchasing from them through Amazon, I don't think the shipping is as much and they do provide excellent service {Carpe Diem} this way too. Super fast shipping.
How do you find them on Amazon?! I must be challenged, because I don't see where you can search for a merchant...

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2009, 04:16 PM   #10  
Polyshrink Goddess

"Check out purchasing from them through Amazon,"

I tried that, shipping is still at the same rate, no change.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2009, 04:41 PM   #11  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by stigmom6View Post
im in canada:(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2009, 06:07 PM   #12  
Gallery Gazer

they had the quad zeros when I couldn't find them anywhere without shipping (ie, brick n mortar store). Got all but 2 of the quad zeros....I like carpe diem and only order when I'm doing enough to get discount....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2009, 09:25 PM   #13  
Pearl-ExPert

That is right but that still makes them cheaper than most other sites.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nottoocreativeView Post
So, if you aren't ordering that many markers, you are adding quite a bit to your "per marker" price with $12 shipping (say I order 12 markers, at about $47.50...now it's actually $4.95 each...)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2009, 09:36 PM   #14  
Polyshrink Goddess

I beg to differ most other sites sell them for the Minimum Advertised Pricing allowed by Copic which is 4.87, with actual shipping charges, not bloated shipping.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-28-2009, 07:53 AM   #15  
Pearl-ExPert

I have never found them cheaper or better customer service, They are always in stock. I also don't feel the shipping is bloated it is just their set shipping and they usually ship Fedex. Anyway that is why there are so many stores to choose from to each their own!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-28-2009, 08:18 AM   #16  
Gabfest Goddess

I've ordered from Carpe Diem three times now. All three times have been during one of their free shipping campaigns. Yes, I do order 30 or more markers at a time. They have always had the colors I've wanted in stock. I've placed orders in the morning, and received an email that my order had gone to shipping that afternoon. The last order I placed, *I* messed up and ordered two markers that I had already. I sent a quick email, and that afternoon, I heard back from them. I sent to two markers back in a bubble envelope with a copy of the invoice....along with the correct colors written on the invoice. I tracked the package, and the day they received my returned markers, I also received an email that my new markers had been shipped....at no additional costs to me!!

Again, everyone will have their own preference on who they want to do business with. That way, we all spread the wealth....right??.....;)

My Photography Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-28-2009, 11:29 AM   #17  
Polyshrink Goddess

Location: be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says-oh crap, she's up

Quote:

Originally Posted by MsAudreyAnnView Post
I've ordered from Carpe Diem three times now. All three times have been during one of their free shipping campaigns. Yes, I do order 30 or more markers at a time. They have always had the colors I've wanted in stock. I've placed orders in the morning, and received an email that my order had gone to shipping that afternoon. The last order I placed, *I* messed up and ordered two markers that I had already. I sent a quick email, and that afternoon, I heard back from them. I sent to two markers back in a bubble envelope with a copy of the invoice....along with the correct colors written on the invoice. I tracked the package, and the day they received my returned markers, I also received an email that my new markers had been shipped....at no additional costs to me!!

Again, everyone will have their own preference on who they want to do business with. That way, we all spread the wealth....right??.....;)
that sells me right there. I like when everything you want is in stock and shipped fast! Good customer service and dependability are priceless in my book. I'm going to start putting an order together.....

are you a bereaved parent too? http://www.thecompassionatefriends.org/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2009, 07:15 PM   #18  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I placed an order with Carpe Diem last night for 50+ markers. Haven't received anything but the confirmation yet. Hopefully I will get a shipping notice tomorrow. I have only heard good things about them.

For You, O Lord, have made me glad by what You have done, I will sing for joy at the works of Your hands. Psalm 92:4
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2009, 09:11 AM   #19  
Glitter Queen

I am about to make my first Copic purchase. What do you users recommend as a starter kit of your 24 most used colors, followed by....?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2009, 10:21 AM   #20  
Pearl-ExPert

If you do not hear from them by tonight I would call them. I have placed many many orders and have never waited more than 24hrs for a shipping notice. With the holidays they may be off a bit though. When you call do not choose the option for internet order questions choose the Customer service option. You can also log in and check your orders status. I placed an order on the 23rd and received them yesterday the 28th. HTH! :-D

Quote:

Originally Posted by joyfuljanView Post
I placed an order with Carpe Diem last night for 50+ markers. Haven't received anything but the confirmation yet. Hopefully I will get a shipping notice tomorrow. I have only heard good things about them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2009, 05:27 PM   #21  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobbi GView Post
I am about to make my first Copic purchase. What do you users recommend as a starter kit of your 24 most used colors, followed by....?

Hi Bobbi.....

I think everyone you ask will give you a different answer....;)

For me, I got to experience my first copic usage because a friend of mine had purchased them and allowed me to *play* with her's. So, I already knew I needed them....:-D....before placing my first order.

It is more important for you to decide what images you play with the most!! Then, start your color selections from there. For me, I have tons of flower images....so, that's where I started.....yellows, reds, greens and purples.....and gray's for shadowing. Then, you add to your collection as you go.

In my opinion, it is important....for example, if you are looking for greens.....find a color chart ((Carpe Diem has one))....and find a color of green that you like. I picked G-14 as a color I thought would be a great start for leaves, grass, etc. To get that really 3D effect, I also selected G-12 ((a lighter green)) and G-16 ((a darker green))....so that G-14 was a color in-between those two. When you select the numbers next to each other like that....they say, they have the same hue/tint for easier blending. But, the color chart really shows what I'm talking about. You really do want to buy a color in the set of 3 ~~ G-12, G-14, G-16 as an example.

Good Luck with your purchase and hope some of this helps.

My Photography Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2009, 06:46 PM   #22  
Compulsive Stamper

Send a message via Skype™ to Cat K

Where did you find them for $3.95 each ? Was it at Blick's site? I was going to order from there but the shipping was so high

Let me know where you found them for that price. I am very interested in getting some. Hugs Cat K
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2009, 10:16 PM   #23  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cat KView Post
Where did you find them for $3.95 each ? Was it at Blick's site? I was going to order from there but the shipping was so high

Let me know where you found them for that price. I am very interested in getting some. Hugs Cat K
The link is in the first post.

My Photography Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-31-2009, 07:09 AM   #24  
Pearl-ExPert

http://www.carpediemstore.com/index.asp As I said in a previous pos,t their shipping at max is about $12 kinda high but still a great deal. If you order $100 in sketch markers shipping is free! Have fun!

You can get great charts on http://copicmarker.com/ under the library tab. I have printed one of the blank charts on the cards stock I use with my copics then use my markers to color in(a couple coats) the colors I have. This way when I am working I can see the actual colors, makes it easier to pick colors. HTH!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-31-2009, 07:45 AM   #25  
Crimping Master

I am fortunate to have a Dick Blick store in Omaha, that carries all of the sketch and original markers. I get a 10% discount because I am copic certified. I have over 150 markers right now so I am concentrating on the refills. I do, however, have to order my various ink (refills) and have always used Carpe Diem for that. Shipping has always been reasonable and I usually order 5 or 6 refills at a time.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-31-2009, 05:14 PM   #26  
Kookie Creator

I use Oozak; Be sure to get a password, as prices go down when you do. The sketch markers are $4.15 and free shipping with a $50 order. I usually get my product within the week. (i.e. order on monday have my markers by saturday! I live in TX, I guess shipping time will vary depending on your local.) I have ordered from them a couple of time.

Also--my local university store sells them for $5.15 with a 20% discount almost all the time!

Holley
A new project everyday: http://holleybarnhartsblog.blogspot.com/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-31-2009, 09:17 PM   #27  
Polyshrink Goddess

Were do you obtain the Password?
I placed an order with them over the weekend (over the Holidays) and I received it on Wednesday... Super quick turn around and Very good customer service.
Quote:

Originally Posted by HolleyTXView Post
I use Oozak; Be sure to get a password, as prices go down when you do. The sketch markers are $4.15 and free shipping with a $50 order. I usually get my product within the week. (i.e. order on monday have my markers by saturday! I live in TX, I guess shipping time will vary depending on your local.) I have ordered from them a couple of time.

Also--my local university store sells them for $5.15 with a 20% discount almost all the time!

Holley
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2010, 06:13 AM   #28  
Pearl-ExPert

If you only need a handful of Copics and have other items like the new Hero Arts, some Nesties, etc you want, check out Creative Play Stamps. They offer lots of other items for sale.

They offer $5.99 flat shipping in the US if the order is less than $50. Shipping is free for over $50 in the US. Since I was buying a new Hero Arts set, Nesties tags adding the 10 or so Copics I wanted got me free shipping. If figured it out and had I ordered from Carpdiem my total came to $34 plus the shipping of $11 or so plus sales tax for a total of $48 or so. My Copic total with Creative Play Stamps was $39.

Also, I signed up for their email and got a $5 discount on my purchase.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2010, 06:14 AM   #29  
Pearl-ExPert

I mix Ciaos and Sketches that is why my 10 Copics with Carpediem was $34
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2010, 07:24 AM   #30  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobbi GView Post
Bobbie - yup... you will get lots of different answers to this... LOL

I have my "starter list" on my blog in the Copic FAQ section listed HERE. I like to suggest buying in sets of three for good color blending options.

Happy New Year!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-27-2010, 01:09 PM   #31  
Cardstock Collector

New copic user. i am taking it Carpe diem is the cheapest right now. i am looking at a purchase of just over $300 (set 72 A and some filler colors off the list someone had on their blog here) set 72A is a good starter set right.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2010, 01:28 PM   #32  
Insane Embellisher

Check out icopic.com. Fast shipping, low prices.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2010, 03:24 PM   #33  
Die Cut Diva

Carpe Diem has too high of shipping. Also I don't like not having the option of how my order is shipped. I don't want oto pay 12.00 in shipping to ship fedex. Ship the old fashioned way by usps and charge me less.

Oozak lets you chose your shipping method if you order less then 50.00.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-10-2010, 04:17 AM   #34  
Rubber Obsessor

Carpe Diem's service is excellent. I ordered right after Christmas my first set. Even with the holidays I had them in 6 days. I even ordered one extra pen that was not a sketch (a multiliner) and they didn't charge me extra shipping even though the "rule" was sketch's only for free shipping. I placed my 2nd order on Sunday afternoon and it will be here on Thursday morning. I just wait until I have at least $100 to spend.

This time I ordered the colors that match my favorite SU papers and then made sure I had the surrounding blending colors. I love these markers but was finding it hard to match coordinating paper for the background of my cards (I use mostly SU) so hopefully this will be perfect! I love SU paper but after using these markers will not use my SU markers anymore except for very small accents that don't need blending. The difference is amazing!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-10-2010, 06:35 AM   #35  
Cardstock Collector

My markers are coming today. it took them 13 days to get here. took them over a week to process the order. i think someone had said on another thread that it was due to them not having the markers in stock and were waiting on a shipment. i will probably order from them again but only unless i can have an order to qualify for free shipping
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-12-2010, 08:26 AM   #36  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by HolleyTXView Post

Holley
Oozak is my "go to" as well. They always get here 2 days after I put my order through, they're cheap and I make sure to order at least $50 for the free shipping. They have great deals on Memento ink pads as well. Definitely make sure you sign up for an account
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-15-2010, 03:29 PM   #37  
Glitter Queen

I just placed an order with them today. Copics are my new obsession (this week)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2010, 08:15 AM   #38  
Embossing Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default CarpeDiem vs Ooozak

Quote:

Originally Posted by DittoBabyGirlView Post
I just placed an order with them today. Copics are my new obsession (this week)
Hey Everybody

A couple weeks ago I placed a $100 order with Carpe Diem for free freight. It took 15 days for it to be delivered. They did respond to an email inquiry pretty promptly and said they were waiting on their shipment to come in. So, with everyone else saying they've always gotten them quickly, I'll be forgiving and give them another chance, but only if I have an order qualifying for free freight. $3.95 per marker

Otherwise, I ordered from Oozak on a Sunday and had them in mailbox on Wednesday am. $4.87 per marker

I think the difference in cost is worth a 2 week wait even if it happens again. It is hard to be patient though.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2010, 08:54 AM   #39  
Pearl-ExPert

If you log into Oozak they are only $4.15 per Sketch with free shipping at $50!

And I agree with the last poster...I have had Carpe Diem take WEEKS to get here (Wisconsin....not the north pole or anything)...TWICE. I won't be trying them again.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2010, 02:20 PM   #40  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

Received 3,294 Likes on 2,481 Posts

Dick Blick has a special right now--$20 off a $100 order (and more as the amount goes up) and free shipping over $100. I ordered some sketch Copics as well as some colored pencils-order was $123--take away $20 to stay above $100 for free ship. The markers ended up being $4.08 each. The special ends on the 17th, so hurry....................................

Join Our Challenge Your Stash Group--click Here!

Reply With Quote Likes