Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Announcements (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/announcements-13/)
-   -   Christmas Cards that double as Birth Announcements (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/announcements-13/christmas-cards-double-birth-announcements-187228/)

Kelly Stamps! 09-29-2006 09:00 AM

Christmas Cards that double as Birth Announcements

Hello Everyone!
I'm new to stamping and also to Splitcoast Stampers.... I'm hoping to find some help in designing a Christmas card/birth announcement, since our first child is due in November and I'd like to combine the mailings.

Any ideas would be appreciated, and pictures are great, too!
Thanks,
Kelly

emmiestamps 09-29-2006 09:48 AM

Hi and Welcome to SCS! Could try using a mother and child stamp something like Blessings from above, it would cover both.

Kelly Stamps! 09-29-2006 10:18 AM

Thanks so much! I have been browsing and am getting some ideas, keep them coming!

Kelly

ljwil 09-29-2006 10:24 AM

I would start out with a computer generated: Christmas came early to the XXX Household (or something like that...)

jess_witty 09-29-2006 10:38 AM

I sent out a combined Christmas card/baby announcement a few years ago. Here's the link. The card was very simple (I made 140 of them!) and used the set called A Child is Born - it's retired now, but is probably available in the B/S/T forum, ebay, etc. Anyway, I did the card with a verse printed on the left side of the kraft cardstock (inside), greeting printed on the right side (inside) and a family picture attached in the middle, then did an insert 4/25" x 11" insert made of kraft colored paper from Kinko's. It was long and skinny and I just folded it in half so it was 4.25" x 5.5" and stuck it inside the card. I printed out the whole birth/adoption story on the insert (so I got 2 per one page of paper) and stuck a wallet size baby picture at the top of the insert. The insert and the greeting on the card were printed in the same font.

If you did do a Christmas card and matching insert, at least you could have the card part done before the baby comes! Then you would just need to print out the extra info on the insert and attach a pic if you wanted.

jess_witty 09-29-2006 10:44 AM

Just had to add... the square "JOY" stamp from the Glad Tidings set might work well for both occasions. Is it a boy? If so, you could do something like bashful blue and real red cardstock together. Also, my Christmas card last year used the I'm Here set... I printed a verse and stamped the handprint over it... here's the link. Man... now I'm just going to thinking of birth announcement/Christmas card ideas all day!

Kelly Stamps! 09-29-2006 10:49 AM

Thank You! I am hoping to get my ideas and supplies down pat so that I can start before baby comes...we'll see how that works.

I like what you've shown, and was thinking of using that verse too!
Thanks guys.

AubrieB 09-29-2006 11:39 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is one I am doing for a family member. She wanted something that didn't open and was very simple. The top will be for the baby's picture.

shannon m 10-03-2006 06:38 PM

Sorry I don't have an idea, but I love the ideas you've gotten so far! I think a Christmas and birth announcement combo will make for a nice memento.

PH in VA 10-04-2006 05:55 AM

I think the Madonna & Child set would work well for both occasions.

Jenmouer 10-04-2006 09:25 AM

I had a customer do that last year - she bought Madonna and Child - she was having a boy - so she stamped the wording "For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given" - she printed out the birth information and a holiday message and glue it inside the card

Shelley Davis 10-04-2006 10:25 AM

I would love to find that out as well. We are adopting our two foster babies. Many of our old friends back home will be shocked that we are starting over again at 50! I hadn't thought of this. Great idea.
Shelley~

illiniscrapper 10-08-2006 03:56 PM

Very

lovely ideas ladies!! I am soaking up this thread- I have a grandson due on Chrisitmas Day!!
CTMH has a new set that is called Let Us Adore Him. It has a laying bust of a newborn. Page 71 in the new autumn/Winter catalog.
Congrats on your new one!!!

illiniscrapper 10-08-2006 03:57 PM

Very

lovely ideas ladies!! I am soaking up this thread- I have a grandson due on Chrisitmas Day!!
CTMH has a new set that is called Let Us Adore Him. It has a laying bust of a newborn. Page 71 in the new autumn/Winter catalog.
Congrats on your new little one!!!

Bethhartley 10-08-2006 04:14 PM

I love all the Madonna and child cards....so sweet. AubreyB and JessWitty....adorable cards!!! Love them! I think some friends of ours did something with a Santa....and on the outside they put "Look What Santa Brought Us This Year...." then had all the birth info on the inside.