Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Announcements (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/announcements-13/)
-   -   Check out the Cardmaker mag (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/announcements-13/check-out-cardmaker-mag-72044/)

Sherlie 07-22-2005 03:35 PM

Check out the Cardmaker mag
 
I received my September issue of Cardmaker today and low and behold on page 26 is a familiar name and a card made by that person,,, it is our own JulieHRR... congrats, Julie,,, cute card,,, :)

Sherlie 07-22-2005 03:48 PM

Well,, now I feel really silly, as I look on in the magazine,,,, she has an article on page 44 and more cards on page 46 and 47. Neat article,,, :)

MNCarol 07-22-2005 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sherlie
I received my September issue of Cardmaker today and low and behold on page 26 is a familiar name and a card made by that person,,, it is our own JulieHRR... congrats, Julie,,, cute card,,, :)

How did you get it so soon??? I have a subscription and yet the magazine always comes the third week of what ever month is listed on the cover (as in too late to do the Mother's Day cards in one issue, too late for Father's Day in the next issue, etc).

Carol in Central Minnesota

StampinMelis 07-22-2005 08:46 PM

Her Highness has been in all 3 issues of CardMaker so far. :)

Sherlie 07-23-2005 04:46 AM

wow, i dont know,,, it came yesterday, i was surprised too as when they first started, i seemed to wait a long time and yes, i think my issue with the mothers day cards was way late....

well,, that is the first time i noticed julie's name,,, i usually dont look cause i know i wont know but since i caught emily's card in Stamper's Sampler, i look a little closer,, that is great to be published....

Quote:

Originally Posted by MNCarol
How did you get it so soon??? I have a subscription and yet the magazine always comes the third week of what ever month is listed on the cover (as in too late to do the Mother's Day cards in one issue, too late for Father's Day in the next issue, etc).

Carol in Central Minnesota


Rainsong 07-23-2005 05:31 AM

I'm still waiting for my first issue which was ordered and paid for back in June.


Grrr.

Rainsong

Melissa 8791 07-23-2005 05:45 AM

Congratulations to Julie! It's awesome to be published.


Melissa

Joelyn 07-25-2005 05:53 AM

WOW! CONGRATUALTIONS!!!!

jbalcer 07-25-2005 06:03 AM

Julie's AWESOME. OMG, when she came up to our room on Tuesday, I was GIDDY! We had such a good time with mama Julie. . . . and I tried my first appletini cause of her! Yummmmmmmmy! She's got such talent and style, and that personality? Oooh I can't wait to see ya in Portland, baby! I'll be sure to bring my mags for your autograph!

Granny Hawkins 07-25-2005 07:07 AM

Congrats Julie.:)

JulieHRR 07-25-2005 11:27 AM

:o

Aww, shucks! Thank you for noticing my work, you guys!

BTW, Jenn, we had Caramel Kiss Martinis at PF Chang's (caramel appletini!). OMG. Orgasmic. No lie! :eek:

AND, a "Key Lime" martini . . . same results. I was so haaaaaaaaaappy! ;)

caroline837 07-28-2005 09:23 AM

Cardmaker Today magazine
 
Is there a website that I can visit to preveiw this magazine? Thanks!!

StampinMelis 07-28-2005 09:33 AM

http://www.cardmakermagazine.com

Not much there, though.

JulieHRR 07-28-2005 09:49 AM

I do not get a kick-back on praising this mag, scout's honor, BUT, I really like it a LOT!

Here's why:

It has grown by leaps and bounds within the first few issues in variety of artwork featured!

There is a NICE balance of cards made with scrapbooking items, AND cards made with stamping as the primary focus (as opposed to being an after-thought, like Paper Crafts, which is fast losing me as a fan, because of what feels to me like a huge emphasis on scrapbooking materials for card-making and very little stamping. Now, this is not a bad thing, it just doesn't meet MY needs. I'm a stamper!!! I LOVE their Stamp It, but it's only released quarterly, and I want it MONTHLY, but, heck, I'd take it bi-monthly, if they only would!!!)

I like that they feature some simpler/cleaner type projects, as opposed to *everything* so cluttered with stuff.

I like the variety of STYLE!!! Sometimes, I go through PC and after a while everything just all looks the same . . . with no real style differentiation, UKWIM?

Informative ARTICLES on paper crafting. :D

Many cards feature a coordinating envelope idea to go with!

Very nicely photographed projects, with relatively minimal propping, so the focus is indeed on the project itself, rather than the setting for the project!

Full-size patterns, or at the least, specific measurements listed for patterns, so if you don't have a way to reduce or enlarge, you CAN still do the project!

Quotations/sentiments that you can use on your cards!

I'm sure I've missed a few other features I like about it, but this magazine just keeps improving with each issue!!!

jbalcer 07-28-2005 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JulieHRR
:o

Aww, shucks! Thank you for noticing my work, you guys!

BTW, Jenn, we had Caramel Kiss Martinis at PF Chang's (caramel appletini!). OMG. Orgasmic. No lie! :eek:

AND, a "Key Lime" martini . . . same results. I was so haaaaaaaaaappy! ;)

You went to PF Changs? I got none of that! Beate won't eat anything wierd, so we ended up at Olive Garden or Macaroni Grill or Applebees. ROFL! We have one here in SA, but it's right next door to my favorite steak house, and I choose J. Alexander's (right, Keva ;)) EVERY time we go to the Quarry for dinner. I will have to get Mike to go there for date night next time. . . .if I can convince him of how orgasmic the drinks are. Might be a selling point!

Threadjack over. Love your stuff, Julie!

JulieHRR 07-28-2005 09:59 AM

Everywhere I go, I go for the "BOOOOOOOOO-faaaaay!" Food is all important to me, when I'm without my kids. They get McD's, but when Mama's out on the town with hubby or girlfriends, it's a totally different story. Must have my 'tini (limit of one only, please), and good eats! Always! :D

BTW, if you like good Chinese? PF Chang's ain't bad 't all! ;) Their lettuce wraps are stupendous!!! I could eat that all to myself!!! :eek:

amydiehl 07-28-2005 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JulieHRR
BTW, if you like good Chinese? PF Chang's ain't bad 't all! ;) Their lettuce wraps are stupendous!!! I could eat that all to myself!!! :eek:

I'm with 'ya on that sistah!!! And have you tried the Mongolian Beef???? YUUUUUMMMYYYY!!!!! I highly recommend it :)

StampinMelis 07-28-2005 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amydiehl
I'm with 'ya on that sistah!!! And have you tried the Mongolian Beef???? YUUUUUMMMYYYY!!!!! I highly recommend it :)

Amen to that! I don't care for Chinese food at all, but that Mongolian Beef is sooooooooooooooooooo good!

tabithademostampin 07-28-2005 12:40 PM

How do I subscribe to it??

Sherlie 07-29-2005 04:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JulieHRR
I like that they feature some simpler/cleaner type projects, as opposed to *everything* so cluttered with stuff.

I like the variety of STYLE!!! Sometimes, I go through PC and after a while everything just all looks the same . . . with no real style differentiation, UKWIM?

Informative ARTICLES on paper crafting. :D

Many cards feature a coordinating envelope idea to go with!

Very nicely photographed projects, with relatively minimal propping, so the focus is indeed on the project itself, rather than the setting for the project!

Full-size patterns, or at the least, specific measurements listed for patterns, so if you don't have a way to reduce or enlarge, you CAN still do the project!

Quotations/sentiments that you can use on your cards!

I'm sure I've missed a few other features I like about it, but this magazine just keeps improving with each issue!!!

I agree completely, it is definitely a card maker and stampers magazine. Some of the other mags have gotten so artsy, much too artsy for me and I just dont care for that.. they usually dont inspire me to make anything. I love making cards and I hope you will continue to contribute to the mag,, Julie... you are a great inspiration on here as well as everyone else too.. I love this site, it is so great that I have decided I can discontinue some of the mags that i do take just because the ideas here are so much better and they are for cards. :) this was the best twenty dollars I have ever spent for inspiration and ideas. I can contribute and get feedback on my card instead of a refusal to publish or never knowing if they are going to use it or not. It is just a great place.

Sherlie 07-29-2005 04:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tabithademostampin
How do I subscribe to it??

go to www.CardMakerMagazine.com

they should have info there to subscribe.

stampinit4fun 07-31-2005 07:45 AM

Its a great magazine. I got in on the ground floor when they offered a free issue. Im not sorry I stuck it out. I love the simplicity of everything. Makes me feel like "I" can do anything in that magazine!

Jay Dub 08-03-2005 08:37 PM

Dang.....I got the free copy and wasn't very impressed so didn't subscribe! I've been looking at the different magazines and it seems there isn't one that I like EVERY month. I decided to subscribe to the DD gallery instead and buy magazine by the month that I like (use coupons from Michael's and Joann's when I can).

Sorry I missed your work Julie, it's always a treat to see your name in the credits!

Rainsong 08-11-2005 04:15 PM

Finally received my first Cardmaker mag today. Julie, I bow to your Royal Rubberness! Your articles, directions and cards are beautiful.

Magazine isn't bad either ;)

Rainsong

Mahloumel 08-11-2005 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rainsong
I'm still waiting for my first issue which was ordered and paid for back in June.


Grrr.

Rainsong

Give them a call! I never received the premiere issue, only the invoice saying I was past due for paying for my subscription after receiving the trial issue, and the customer service representative I spoke with was very accommodating and arranged to cancel the first invoice and re-sign me up for the trial issue. Maybe they had a glitch with your subscription.

stampin-sunnychick 08-13-2005 06:16 PM

Way to Stamp Julie!
 
You go girl! I recently subscribed to Cardmaker after a friend let me borrow her copy and I LOVED it! I have been noticing your name in it Julie and admiring your stamp card art but did not realize until now who it was. WOW! So now I am happy to know.

Congrats on your HRR status in Cardmaker!

MNCarol 08-14-2005 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mahloumel
Give them a call! I never received the premiere issue, only the invoice saying I was past due for paying for my subscription after receiving the trial issue, and the customer service representative I spoke with was very accommodating and arranged to cancel the first invoice and re-sign me up for the trial issue. Maybe they had a glitch with your subscription.

Wish that would solve the problem!! I have been a subscriber since the premier issue and yet, here it is middle of August and still no September issue. Nothing new since NEVER get the issues until the "cover" date on the issue is -- which means I can't expect Sept isssue until mid-Sept. Even though it IS out on the magazine rack at my local stamping and scrapbook store (and has been on the shelf for a week and a half)!!!!

I called about it. Was told, "yes, the computer shows you are a charter subscriber" but then went on to say that the magazine is not mailed out in one batch on the same date. I asked if there wasn't some way to get them to me sooner since I am a "charter subscriber" -- after all I had even prepaid for it when signed up instead of waiting for a trial issue or an invoice! Was told that there was nothing she could do about it but that I could send a written request that I was not satisfied and wanted to cancel the subscription and request a refund.

Doesn't seem like a great way to do things.

Carol Davey, Central Minnesota

Mahloumel 08-14-2005 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MNCarol
Was told that there was nothing she could do about it but that I could send a written request that I was not satisfied and wanted to cancel the subscription and request a refund.

Doesn't seem like a great way to do things.

Wow, that is pretty crap-o-licious! I'm in freakin *Canada* and even *I* have the September issue already! (Previous experience with receiving mail from the States has shown it takes about a month for mail to reach me, even though I am an easy five hours from the border!)

Your experience really makes me question whether I want to subscribe to CardMaker or not. After browsing the Sept. issue I was pretty hooked (thank you Julie for reminding me how useful my ShapeCutter tool can be!!!). But, if they are so hit-and-miss with deliveries do I want to entrust them with my hard-earned cash? No place in Regina that I've found stocks this magazine, so that is not an option for me.

JulieHRR 08-14-2005 02:48 PM

:o Thanks, you guys.

Malhoumel, I'm so glad you are "renewing your relationship" with your Shapecutter! ;) I happen to be a Coluzzle user, m'self, and I just love how great shape cutting tools, in general, are for such projects!

MegansMum 08-14-2005 06:31 PM

I just got my free copy and I'm thinking of subscribing :)

Julie,
Your cards are sooo beautiful!

thuskins 08-18-2005 10:04 AM

Thanks for the description of the mag. I too like Stamp it as well. I've been scrapbooking for 5 years and just started stamping to make last years Christmas cards. I went to my first stampin' up party this summer and am now addicted. I occasionally like to get a magazine here and there but find once I buy it there are really no new ideas in it. I also live in a small town where you buy magazines at the grocery store. The only time I go to the city either to a bookstore or scrapbooking store there is such a variety that it's hard to find something good when there is such limited time. I'll now keep my eye open for that.

tabithademostampin 08-31-2005 10:20 AM

Sherlie Thanks for the link I gretaly appreciate it. 2 days ago I became an official SU Demonstrator!!!! I am so excited to get going and enjoy everytjing and everyone!!!


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 05:23 PM.