Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread
Old 04-11-2007, 12:51 PM   #121  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Amanda.. pleaes tell your mom that mine should be getting there soon because I mailed them on Saturday!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Cardstock Collector

Belle,
My husband is always teasing me that i make all these cards and never send them to anyone. I make them and put them in a box, I don't know why i do this. I just don't ahve many people to send them to. I will be more than happy to send you my little treasures to send to our troops. It is the very least I can do. I will ask some ofthe girls from work if they will donate any as well. Please send me your address so I can get them to you.
Kookie Creator

Belle, I tracked the box on the UPS site and they said it was deleivered. Did you get it? Thank you Tina
Hardware Hotshot

Default Address needed

Belle,
Please pm your address to me. I received a huge box of cards from Kay Fulton today. I have split it 3 ways for cards for troops. I wanna send these cards to you. Many are card fronts and are ADORABLE.
Hope you are resting.
Hugs
Misti
Proud mom of 2 soldiers-
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Penascodragonfly
Belle,
Please pm your address to me. I received a huge box of cards from Kay Fulton today. I have split it 3 ways for cards for troops. I wanna send these cards to you. Many are card fronts and are ADORABLE.
Hope you are resting.
Hugs
Misti
Misti,
I will PM you Belle's address.
Stazon Splitcoast

nightie night ladies~~
Rubber Obsessor

tina,
the only package that came wed was my su order from jessica.. nothing else came.. thats why i had amanda post so yall would know what i got ..plus i post thank yous to everyone that i get something from..

belle
Rubber Obsessor

misti,
thank you so much the troops are going to love all these cards ..

my brother found out that they are to stay another 6 months on their tour..

so they are going to be needing these

thank you all for your help and support

god bless
Belle
Hardware Hotshot

It's been my toal pleasure! Kay Fulton a SCS'er here donated a ton of cards to alot of us. Fourteen all together. She paid postage herself and hauled all those boxes back to the post office. She really should have the thanks. All I'm doing is just passing them along.
Hope you are RESTING
( yes, I know I'm nagging....It's one of my best qualities )
Hugs to you.
Sorry that brother will be there an extra 6 months. When I saw it on the news I knew you'd be bringing us that info soon.
Proud mom of 2 soldiers-
Rubber Obsessor

Hello Ladies,
this will be just a quick note ... Thanks to jessica for the package i got today .. they are all awesome.....

Yes I had to let yall know about the troops in iraq this just sucks cause we havent seen him in almost 2 years now

and I am trying to rest as much as i can..
have to find a new place to live as of the 21st casue chris's sister got the house and wants the kids and I out .. He thought he had updated his will but missed this part so I have alot of packing and have no idea where we are going to stay yet cause all my family lives out of state and chris's mom is taking care of his sisters kids and has no room... and trying to find a house to rent isnt easy on such short notice ..

well, I hope yall have a great weekend and not sure I will be posting to much this weekend ...

and thank y'all again for your support in my mission and No this will not stop me from my efforts to help my brother and other soliders

God bless all my angel networks

Belle
Gabfest Goddess

I wish I had a more optimistic post than this... ladies, we have been swindled.

Before going public with this, I :
1. Did my homework. I won't make an accusation without being able to back it up 100%.

2. Consulted two members on here as to which approach I should take. They are both awesome participants in this swap, and one has given very generously to the thread that Bell started.

Belle will not be receiving cards from my swap. I have not bothered to look into the validity of the brother or cousin, but the fiance who was supposedly killed last month DOES NOT EXIST.

I checked several sources.. CNN.com , icasulaties.org, and last but not least THE DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE. There was no USMC named Christopher Williams killed in 2007. The only Christopher Williams who is on the DOD registry was killed in 2006. He was from TX and left behind a wife and children there.

I am including the link to the DOD list below. It is in excel, so you have to have the software on your computer to open it. Not everyone does, but those of you who do can confirm this for yourselves.

I don't want this to turn into a witch hunt, but hot on the heels of a whole lot of people getting screwed over on coasters, this needed to be made public. I feel like crap for being the person to do it, but it's better than more people getting roped into her lie.

Shame on you, Belle for creating such a horrid fabrication. I don't know if you are aware but profiting from war is A FEDERAL OFFENSE, PUNISHABLE BY IMPRIONMENT. Profit doesn't have to be money. ( anyone else remember the scam artist who said her husband died in the 9/11 attacks? She didn't just get punished for the cash. )

Okay, rant over. I implore all of you to do your own research. Google, use the DOD list, call a recruiter's office. I've done it all already ( and FYI the nice man I spoke with from the recruiter today said that only a "heartless and selfish individual would fabricate something so tragic". I think his words said it about right. ) but I want you to see for yourselves, if you wish to.

The link to the DOD list is : http://www.defendamerica.mil/fallen/fln-oif.html

It'll give you a prompt to open the file after about 12 seconds.

- Roberta
Stazon Splitcoast

Roberta,
Thank you so much for the information.
I am shocked, hurt, mad all at once. I am truly at the point where I am speechless.

I did all the things you said before posting and I for one am truly hurt for being a made a fool.
I so generously and kindly gave of myself to this cause and most of all to Belle. I thought that i had formed a friendship and NEVER did it cross my mind that it was all a lie. Am i this naive that i beleive in people?

Belle, I don't know what to say. I mean I was working on a project to honor "Chris" to send to you. I offered you kindness, friendship and I listened to you. Why would you intentionally hurt someone that ws genuinely trying to be a friend and who was sympathetic?

Oh well.. ANOTHER lesson learned I guess. Not only did I get screwed with Judy and her coasters but once again I was taken for a fool for being kind and generous and trying to be a good person. One day I guess I will learn.
Glitter Queen

[QUOTE=sweetpea111403]...and NEVER did it cross my mind that it was all a lie. Am i this naive that i beleive in people? [QUOTE]

Jessica I must be naive as well. I sent cards that my kids helped me to make. I explained to them what Belle was doing and they wanted to help. How terrible is it that she took advantage of children that way?

I have to say that I will be VERY cautious and do thorough research before doing this again.

My Blog
Stazon Splitcoast

I just want to add... I know the origianl post said she wanted to collect cards for her brother and cousin, and i just hope that this is in fact true and that the cards ARE going to soldiers who need them. I am not questioning the validity of that statement as I can't confirm either way.

But... as far as "Chris" is concerned.. well that just hurts that I was lied to and that I was taken advantage of. Granted the "Chris" thing has nothingto do with the original purpose of this thread... but it is still a lie and the fact that we were SYMPATHETIC to it well that just HURTS.
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Please don't feel too badly. I don't think it's always a bad thing to be naive in this way - it just means you believe in the sincerity of someone until proven otherwise. I mean, who would've thought right? I still believe the majority (if not all) of the other women here asking for cards for troops are sincere.
Watercolor Wizard

Good morning ladies~
I am terribly sorry that this has happened. However there is light at the end of the tunnel. While it stinks that you were taken by this woman, and I am sure you are disgusted as we are over this situation, this has been brought to the attention to the Admin and we are dealing with this situation PROMPTLY.
If you would like to still send cards to the troops I run the program "stamp some support" that is run THROUGH SCS and I have the counter on the front page that I keep updated...we just sent our last batch last week! You can find a link on the home page as well as PM me if you have questions.

I am going to lock this thread. I ask that should you have further questions regarding this topic gone bad that you PM me directly. Thank you.