Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Announcements (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/announcements-13/)
-   -   Cards for Cubs - card drive for foster kids (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/announcements-13/cards-cubs-card-drive-foster-kids-637465/)

dini 02-22-2021 08:00 AM

Cards for Cubs - card drive for foster kids

This looks like a great cause to support with our cards, driven by Bearly Art! Collection begins March 1st.

https://bearly.art/pages/cfc-about

Quote:

This is our second annual #CardsForCubs event. Last year we raised over 6,500 cards and had over 750 volunteers. This year we have a new goal... 450,000 Cards is a near impossible goal, but with your help and support we can accomplish the impossible! Help us bring awareness to these kids and join us as we put meaning behind our crafts.

DCinkit 02-23-2021 05:17 AM

This card drive looks like an excellent one to support. I have already set aside some cards to send. Thanks for sharing, Dina!

melissa59 02-23-2021 01:57 PM

I signed up. I didn't want to overestimate how many cards I could send so I just put myself down for 20. If I can make more before the March 31 deadline, I'll send them along as well.

There are a LOT of foster kids in our local school district. I used to think they all lived with foster families, loving people who opened their homes out of the goodness of their heart. Boy were my eyes opened when I learned that most of the older kids are housed in group homes with caretakers who work shifts solely to collect a paycheck and then leave.

dini 02-23-2021 04:39 PM

I bought a box of #6-3/4 envelopes and a pack of 12x12 cardstock at Walmart - there are 100 envelopes and the 12" cardstock will give me 4 bases per sheet for mini slimlines.... not sure if I will be able to make 100, but I have some digis that will speed up the work if I can block some time out!

pepperann 02-25-2021 11:45 AM

I'm thinking about doing this and checked their guidelines. It doesn't give a recommended size...what do you all think? A2 size would be standard I think. I'm going to do 'Thinking of You' and encouragement type cards. I'd love to hear other suggestions.

mcschmidty 02-26-2021 08:26 PM

Hello

I could give this a go- great cause!!! I will sign up for a lower goal as well, and if I have extra's, will include them too!

Thanks for sharing!

Shelly

tweezle 02-28-2021 04:02 PM

I'm in! I've registered a lower amount also, but will be updating when I send the cards out. This is awesome. Thank you for posting the link. I was looking for somewhere to donate to.

rockybeta 03-02-2021 07:02 AM

A definite yes for me. I too will sign up for a lesser amount and hope to make more. Thanks for the info!

dini 03-08-2021 05:05 AM

Just breaking down my project into smaller steps... pledged 100 today. So far, bases are scored and cut, and today I'll print 13 sheets of fronts. It was fun going through my collection of digital stamps to find tall ones for 3x6 cards! Added my own sentiments. Another day this week I'll cut those out and another day I'll add some accent colors to each one. Slow and steady!

mac4551 03-08-2021 05:11 AM

wow Dina - you GO GIRL !!

terry serman 03-16-2021 04:24 PM

Just boxed up 100 cards, will be postal on Thursday. Thanks for posting this information.

Brilatri 03-17-2021 12:16 AM

Excited to see the fruit of your labor Dina! Good luck. :D

dini 03-28-2021 07:15 AM

1 Attachment(s)
OK, checking in with an update!! These are SUPER simple and I hope that encourages people to see that cards don't have to be expert or extravagant to bring a smile! I also thought the kids might have fun coloring in the rest of the image if they wanted. I used digital stamps and broke my process down into simple steps. Most of the cards are just general encouragement cards, but there are a few birthday ones too.

On a side note, has anyone tried Bearly Art glue? I bought one of their little sample packs to try. I'm curious if it dries matte. I'll report back when I get it and can test it out! (btw, shipping was free, which I didn't expect!)

cheermom 03-28-2021 09:08 AM

I have not tried that glue but 2 people i know love it. I need to get some myself!!!

Brilatri 03-29-2021 12:19 AM

Those are indeed simple and are wonderfully made cute cards. Well done Dina!

tweezle 03-31-2021 03:31 AM

I posted my cards yesterday. I almost doubled my pledge. I found I don't have many stamps for kids, so I'll have to fill in the gap so that I'm ready for next year's drive.

rockybeta 03-31-2021 06:08 AM

I sent my cards out Monday. It was fun to do cards for children of different age groups again. I'll keep this project in mind throughout the year.

PJBstamper2 03-31-2021 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dini (Post 22067016)

On a side note, has anyone tried Bearly Art glue? I bought one of their little sample packs to try. I'm curious if it dries matte. I'll report back when I get it and can test it out! (btw, shipping was free, which I didn't expect!)

I have the glue - it doesn’t dry matte. I was very disappointed with that cause I’m not very steady when putting down die cut words. I ordered some Ranger Multi Medium Matte finish today. And, now I’m not happy with that decision cause I just remembered one of the moderators said regular Elmer’s dries clear and matte and that would have been a much lower price. Oh well! FYI - the clear Elmer’s glue dries shiny.

dini 03-31-2021 07:02 PM

Yep, I'm a big fan of Elmer's glue-all for die cuts.

lovinpaper 04-01-2021 12:47 PM

I am going to guess that you and Linda made 30 birthday cards and 20 all occasion cards. So fun seeing the cards you were able to create during the Virtual Stamp Night. They were so fun!

hotwheels 04-01-2021 03:31 PM

Dina K or anyone
But, me and I think Dr. Sonja forgot register is that going be problem? Will they still take card? Because the register dated has expire. So, I am worried that wont take the cards? Thanks Linda

hotwheels 04-01-2021 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr Sonja (Post 22068665)
Linda,
It's OK. I just went to the Bearly website and registered.

Good!

mcschmidty 04-03-2021 09:43 PM

Dr Sonja and Linda- what an awesome effort your two make to create wonderful cards together! I love seeing your joint creations! I love that you created for the kids!

I mailed out a much smaller number, but all made with love and prayers!

Shelly

JackyeChin 04-26-2021 12:45 PM

I hope that you will succeed!

dini 04-27-2021 03:57 AM

Via email:

Quote:

#CardsForCubs 2021 is over for this year and we just wanted to show our appreciation. Over 30,000+ handmade cards were raised this year, but our work is not over yet! We will be spending the next several months getting these cards out to those kids who need it most.

Derijor 01-20-2022 03:18 AM

I've never been good at drawing, but for this one, I think I'll definitely try.

Tinferta 01-20-2022 03:21 AM

This is a great initiative! I thought a lot about making this process something permanent.

hotwheels 01-20-2022 02:35 PM

Dina
Are they have card diver again this year? I like know please! If, so when dose it start! Thanks Linda hotwheels

PJBstamper2 01-20-2022 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hotwheels (Post 22145030)
Dina
Are they have card diver again this year? I like know please! If, so when dose it start! Thanks Linda hotwheels

Linda - here’s a link to the site…

https://bearly.art/pages/cfc-about

hotwheels 01-20-2022 05:41 PM

Thanks pam

Fasqwer 02-01-2022 02:16 AM

I've never been good at drawing, but for this one, I think I'll definitely try.

Kasbik 02-01-2022 02:20 AM

This is a great initiative! I thought a lot about making this process something permanent. I think many here will agree that the problems of people in need are not on our common agenda. We remember this when kind people like Dina spread the word about possible charity events. I thought about this when my neighbors adopted a child through the fosterplus program. I see his adjustment process every day, and I love to visit them and ask how Mike is doing today and how he likes our neighborhood. I can't stop thinking about him. It seems to me that I, too, could do something important for these children. Thank you for the inspiration.

hotwheels 02-01-2022 02:15 PM

Hello Kasbik thank you for the posted and website I see card all one place. I have stamp partner I will pass this on to her. So we can check. This is another reason SCS Imported to me. PS It maybe awhile because I have covid and tired Thanks Do you know if they do cards, driven too? Thanks Linda

dini 02-02-2022 04:34 AM

I just got the information this week! They are hoping to collect 100,000 cards.

https://bearly.art/pages/cfc-registration

grateful2bsaved 02-03-2022 07:21 PM

Dini, you and other ladies here are probably way ahead of me, and already thought of this, but just in case… Have you mentioned this to purpleflowers? I think she’s the thread mother (is it still called that?) for Cards For a Cause here on SCS. Since Cards for Cubs is accepting cards mailed by March 31st, maybe she can make “Cards for Cubs” the Organization/Mission for March.

grateful2bsaved 02-03-2022 07:25 PM

Let’s see if I can remember how to post a link that works. Cross your fingers. Lol

https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/f...-cause-640679/

dini 02-04-2022 07:48 AM

Pam I popped over to the forum and I see Linda has already put a request in - good job Linda!!

https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/f...2022-a-640683/