Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread
Old 09-13-2010, 09:20 AM   #1  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm
Vintage Lover

Received 371 Likes on 273 Posts
Default HSN Craft Day Sept 14th

Not that I need anything else but....thought I'd pass along this info about HSN's Craft Day tomorrow. Tim Holtz ,Anna Griffin, and Martha Stewart will have their own hours so you may want to check it out.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

oooo...thanks for the heads up! I don't need anything else either but I'll tune in for some crafty "inspiration"..hehe! Wonder if their today's special will be a crafty item.
Glitter Guru

Received 373 Likes on 222 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vina82View Post
oooo...thanks for the heads up! I don't need anything else either but I'll tune in for some crafty "inspiration"..hehe! Wonder if their today's special will be a crafty item.
I'm pretty sure the TS is going to be the Cricut Imagine.
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks for the heads up. The last time they had a craft show, I watched for hours and kept saying I was not going to buy anything. Finally caved and got the TS which was a set of Martha around the page punches. When they arrived in the mail I had severe buyers remorse and sent them right back without even opening them.

So, maybe I can watch blindfolded this time?:mrgreen:

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by buggainokView Post
Thanks for the heads up. The last time they had a craft show, I watched for hours and kept saying I was not going to buy anything. Finally caved and got the TS which was a set of Martha around the page punches. When they arrived in the mail I had severe buyers remorse and sent them right back without even opening them.

Good luck with that. Maybe we should set up a support chat tomorrow. This is going to be very difficult for me. My birthday is next week; and not only is it Craft Day on HSN tomorrow, but I'm going to the Rhinebeck stamp show this weekend.:eek:
Pearl-ExPert

Cool

Quote:

Originally Posted by buggainokView Post

Wow..I really, really wanted one of those TS Martha punch sets too! I had to fight the urge to order it. Apparently I like torture myself because I kept tuning in to their TS presentations throughout the day..geez...why do I do that? :rolleyes:
I ordered the Zyron cutting machine as a HSN TS about a year ago & had buyers remorse as it was on it's way to me. I ended up sending it right back too. Terrible.
At least you returned it & got a refund. Good job!
Glitter Guru

Lucky me, I do not even know what channel HSN is on for my TV. And that, my friends, is a very good thing.
Mad Swapper

I came straight home from work to I could watch Tim Holtz at 4:00! I LOVE Tim!!!
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Okay, I'm stepping awaaaay from the TV. Did some moderate damage today, but not too bad.

I got the K & Company giant 360 sheet paper pack and a Martha 3 punch set that does a tiny alphabet and Thank You.

I had a credit with HSN from a previous returned item, so my stuff was almost free, right??

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Pearl-ExPert

HSN would be good to watch if they didn't spend soooo much time on 1 product. I really miss QVC Craft days.
Glitter Guru

Kind of a bummer for me. Since I couldn't sit in front of the TV all day and watch live, I recorded all the shows. By the time I got to watch them, all of the good stuff was sold out. In fact, all of the good stuff sold out even while I was watching some of the shows live, before I could even get to the phone or the computer. During the first hour, the host said that they only had 3000 Imagines, and they would probably sell out by the end of her show. I guess they found 7000 more. :rolleyes: They got 10,000 Cricut Imagine machines but only 300 MS Punch Around the Page kits? And I'm not even going to mention the Tim Holtz inks. (OK, I just mentioned them. )
Pearl-ExPert

Does QVC not have them anymore? I used to watch but lost track.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shopping DivaView Post
HSN would be good to watch if they didn't spend soooo much time on 1 product. I really miss QVC Craft days.
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by starbucks_stamperView Post
Does QVC not have them anymore? I used to watch but lost track.
No, they don't. My understanding is that both HSN and QVC are owned by the same company and for some reason they moved all the crafty stuff to HSN. Doesn't matter to me, I still watch for the ideas but rarely buy. I am curious to know if anyone here bought the Imagine. I was really tempted but stopped myself! $500 was a little steep for me! :shock:
Pearl-ExPert

I was shocked when I saw the price on that Imagine!! I could put that money to some really good use, but not on craft items!! Speaking of Tim Holtz distress inks, I actually got a really good sale on them when QVC cleared out their craft items. They had distress inks at 6 of them for $10bucks!! I jumped on it, and got them in all the colors. They offered 2 sets, with 6 in ea. set. Got them both!! I didn't buy anything yesterday on HSN.
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karen99View Post
I was shocked when I saw the price on that Imagine!! I could put that money to some really good use, but not on craft items!! Speaking of Tim Holtz distress inks, I actually got a really good sale on them when QVC cleared out their craft items. They had distress inks at 6 of them for $10bucks!! I jumped on it, and got them in all the colors. They offered 2 sets, with 6 in ea. set. Got them both!! I didn't buy anything yesterday on HSN.
Oh, you got a great deal, Karen. Way to go! I don't usually like the distress stuff, but those inks are awesome - especially the Retro colors. I'm hoping to find them at the stamp show I'm going to on Sunday.
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 175 Likes on 131 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScrapjannyView Post
I'm pretty sure the TS is going to be the Cricut Imagine.
and i ordered it. but now having 2nd & 3rd thoughts.
Inking Addict

Can I just tell you that my husband walked in and caught me watching HSN and the Cricut Imagine. Now I say he caught me, because I try not to watch their craft shows because I drool to the point that I leave a puddle!

So anyhow...he comes in, sees the Imagine, says "Babe, you need one of those"! Ok, so 'need' is such a funny word here because I don't really NEED another Cricut machine, do I?

So anyhow...my husband again says, "Wow, you could really use that to do some fun projects, couldn't you?" And of course I said, "Oh, my gosh Babe, I could!" And then he said, "Flex Pay...only $99 a month?" And I said, "Uh huh" And he said, "No shipping?" And I said, "Uh huh" And he said, "Merry Christmas Babe, go ahead and order it!" And I said, " " NOTHING...I said, nothing! I couldn't even talk...

He said, "Babe, think of all the money and time you will save not running to the store to get the perfect paper!" Can I just tell you, he had to convince me that I "needed" the Imagine? Ha! What a night! Just thought I would share with your SCS friends because I know you understand the "need" when it comes to your creations. And any time you want to come over to play with my Cricut you are more than welcome to!!!!
"but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind...I press on toward the the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus." Phil 3:13b-14
Matboard Maniac

I ordered the Imagine. The price is high, but the flex pay takes the sting out of it a bit. HSN has a great 30-day return policy, so I will put it through the paces to decide if it's a keeper or not. It looks like it will be an incredible tool.
Pearl-ExPert

Let us know what you think ladies! I DVR'ed the shows and was watching them again today. Hubby sat down to watch the Cricut Imagine and thought it was pretty cool. He asked why I hadn't ordered one...you could've knocked me over with a feather! Anyway, I am sure they will have it again in another configuration right around the same time it makes it to stores so maybe then...I am eager to hear what people have to say!
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 175 Likes on 131 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by stefaniewilliamsView Post
I ordered the Imagine. The price is high, but the flex pay takes the sting out of it a bit. HSN has a great 30-day return policy, so I will put it through the paces to decide if it's a keeper or not. It looks like it will be an incredible tool.
that's my plan. but i will need alot of help. i have the "simple cricut-and there it sits gathering dust. i have used it twicw. i "needed" it just to get the "from your kitchen" had to be able to cut out my own pots/pans,etc for 6x6 recipe cards.
Insane Embellisher

Love it! Great story! Thank you for sharing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by expressingmeView Post
Can I just tell you that my husband walked in and caught me watching HSN and the Cricut Imagine. Now I say he caught me, because I try not to watch their craft shows because I drool to the point that I leave a puddle!

So anyhow...he comes in, sees the Imagine, says "Babe, you need one of those"! Ok, so 'need' is such a funny word here because I don't really NEED another Cricut machine, do I?

So anyhow...my husband again says, "Wow, you could really use that to do some fun projects, couldn't you?" And of course I said, "Oh, my gosh Babe, I could!" And then he said, "Flex Pay...only $99 a month?" And I said, "Uh huh" And he said, "No shipping?" And I said, "Uh huh" And he said, "Merry Christmas Babe, go ahead and order it!" And I said, " " NOTHING...I said, nothing! I couldn't even talk...

He said, "Babe, think of all the money and time you will save not running to the store to get the perfect paper!" Can I just tell you, he had to convince me that I "needed" the Imagine? Ha! What a night! Just thought I would share with your SCS friends because I know you understand the "need" when it comes to your creations. And any time you want to come over to play with my Cricut you are more than welcome to!!!!
Pearl-ExPert

Wow Ann!! You have a terrific hubby!! He's very generous!! He's a keeper for sure!! Let us know how you like your new toy!! Er...I mean, your new necessity!! LOL

Quote:

Originally Posted by expressingmeView Post

Inking Addict

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karen99View Post
Wow Ann!! You have a terrific hubby!! He's very generous!! He's a keeper for sure!! Let us know how you like your new toy!! Er...I mean, your new necessity!! LOL
Hahaha! I will for sure!!!!
"but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind...I press on toward the the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus." Phil 3:13b-14
Rubber Obsessor

Wow!!!! You are very lucky lady!!!! I geuss your first project will be thank you card for your hubby!!!! Enjoy!!!!! P.S. Have your hubby give my hubby a call,hahaha!!!

Pamela
Rubber Obsessor

Default Cricut Imagine

I bought the Cricut Imagine too on HSN Craft Day, the 14th. I rec'd a shipping update on Friday with a tracking number, and my Imagine is supposed to be delivered TODAY! I'm so excited, can hardly stand it. It's 2:00 and still no delivery but I know it will be here soon. But to my question - HSN had a special for about $20 for 100 sheets of Bazzill white cardstock. Since the Imagine prints in color I know I'm going to go thru a lot of white paper. I waited too long and it sold out. Does anyone know of a source to get a really good price on 12 x 12 white cardstock? Scrapbook Express and Scrapbook.com have good prices but they're sold out. And I was just going to buy StampinUp, but the packages of white are now split 1/2 textured and 1/2 smooth and think I really need the smooth. Hope someone knows. Thanks so much, Diane
Pearl-ExPert

Diane, Close to My Heart has 12x12 white paper packs for $9.95 per pack. It is a little lighter weight than Bazzil but it is high quality and very smooth. You might want to give it a try!