Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-27-2009, 05:28 AM   #41  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just got home from shopping, was at Wal-mart 25 minutes to 5 and the people were nuts. The cricut pallet had 16 cricut machines and only 4 of each of the designs. I was able to get 3 of them. Joanns has their cart. sale tom. There were alot of unhappy people in the store. I went in for
xmas ribbon. Have a great weekend and holiday season.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2009, 06:56 AM   #42  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrapinnut620View Post
I'll have to check live @ Michaels once hubby gets up. Not doing the Walmart thing. It's crazy per the local news channel. Anyone now where else online I might find it???
I just looked at Walmart.com & they are still showing the black one in stock online for $188. Check it out if that's the one you are interested in.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2009, 10:33 AM   #43  
Polyshrink Goddess

I got my cricut from Costco with the laminating machine included for 279 and free shipping. It had two cartridges It is blue with silver trim and just lovely.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2009, 03:20 PM   #44  
Stampin' Fool

This morning I had gone to AC Moore and got the Expression with a mat & 4 Cartridges for $250.. I told hubby NOTHING else for me.. we weren't to get anything but for that price he said go get it.. so I did.. I have a niceeeeeeeeeee hubby *snoopy dances*
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2009, 03:31 PM   #45  
Gallery Gazer

On Tuesday custom crops had a huge Pink Tuesday sale Circut Expression $169.00! Not sure if they are doing the sale again today but check them out!

I can't wait until Christmas! I've had my little cricut for years it was time to upgrade.
http://www.customcrops.com/index.php?cPath=22_34
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2009, 04:54 PM   #46  
Stazon Splitcoast

Amada Custom Crops had the sale until noon today....I was on and 12:01 I switched screens and all the good prices were gone!

Butwww.cricutmachine.com/index.php?cPath=1 is still showing them for 211.95 and the cartridges and accessories are less the custom. And there is free shipping for anything over 200.00.

Not sure how long the sale and shipping are good for, but if I were to guess to the 30th since it started prior.

Thanks to the ladies that have been posting this information on SCS....thanks to you I have one on it's way
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2009, 05:04 PM   #47  
Mad Swapper

Does anyone have a free shipping code to CricutMachine.com? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2009, 05:19 PM   #48  
Stazon Splitcoast

Krista if the order is over 200.00 you don't need a code, but if there's one out there for under that amount I'm not sure....sorry.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2009, 06:01 PM   #49  
Mad Swapper

Thanks Kitty...just 2 cartridges for me, so I am well under $200. I delayed on the Custom Crops $24 cartridges, so I think I will not delay further and place my order now for $31. They did not have the cartidges I wanted at Michael's, and who knows when Joann.com will be up again.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2009, 04:49 AM   #50  
Polyshrink Goddess

I ordered two cartridges from cricutmachine.com yesterday. The prices were really good. I got the Joys of the SEason and Stretch Your Imagination. I need to get George as two different cartriges came with the machine . I'm looking into sure cuts a lot but am putting that off until I get this paid for and the laptop I have. If Sure Cuts a Lot works with Pccrafter files it would be totally awesome!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2009, 01:00 PM   #51  
Crimping Master

Default cricut deal

Just wanted to post an update..I ordered from cricutmachine.com like I posted last week, and it came in today. 1 week from order to receiving..I'd have to say thats pretty good. didnt get a cricut but got yourstory and 2 carts
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2009, 12:25 PM   #52  
Polyshrink Goddess

I thought their service was excellent too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2009, 04:19 PM   #53  
Polyshrink Goddess

Have any of you heard that the machines that Walmart was selling for $188 were all refurbished machines! I have a friend on another stamping website who's hubby went and got her one on Friday as a surprise, and the machine did not work properly once she tried to use it. She took it back to Walmart and they said there was no way she would get a refund on the full price because they were refurbished. they would only give her $80.00 back! That stinks if you ask me....

I guess there were signs posted but they were so small that no one even noticed! Better check your machine and or the box that it came in.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2009, 04:32 PM   #54  
Crimping Master

I just checked my machine, the box, and all the paperwork and didn't see anything about it being refurbished.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2009, 04:42 PM   #55  
Crimping Master

Wouldn't the box or machine have to say it was refurbished???
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2009, 05:20 PM   #56  
Rubber Obsessor

My hubby is the Store Manager here in Bemidji and he said that there was nothing said of the machines not being new. If she had a reciept for the machine she should have gotten the full price back on a defective item.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2009, 04:49 AM   #57  
Polyshrink Goddess

There were no notes to that effect at our Walmart but the machines are back up to 250.They do have some new carts but they are 60.00 and up.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2009, 05:23 AM   #58  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by PipergirlView Post
Have any of you heard that the machines that Walmart was selling for $188 were all refurbished machines! I have a friend on another stamping website who's hubby went and got her one on Friday as a surprise, and the machine did not work properly once she tried to use it. She took it back to Walmart and they said there was no way she would get a refund on the full price because they were refurbished. they would only give her $80.00 back! That stinks if you ask me....

I guess there were signs posted but they were so small that no one even noticed! Better check your machine and or the box that it came in.
My hubby ordered one online but I did look at the ones at Wal-Mart here in MD and they didn't say anything like that. I didn't care for the ones they had they were red, blue, black and green. I've never seen them like that before. I looked at the boxes to see if anything other than the color was different and didn't see anything about them being refurbished but even if you buy a refurbished item they should give a full refund if the item isn't working because that means it wasn't fixed.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2009, 05:27 AM   #59  
Gallery Gazer

My machine will be here tomorrow! WhooHoo! I'm sure hubbs isn't going to let me have it until Christmas
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2009, 06:06 AM   #60  
Kookie Creator

Is the Cricut Expression that Walmart had on sale the same as the original Expression? I looked at it and it didn't say on the box the same thing that the original did. Anyone who purchased one at Walmart, your opinion please.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2009, 06:56 AM   #61  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biko8666View Post
Is the Cricut Expression that Walmart had on sale the same as the original Expression? I looked at it and it didn't say on the box the same thing that the original did. Anyone who purchased one at Walmart, your opinion please.
This is the link to the machine that wal-mart had on sale. Not sure if this will help you or not.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...#ProductDetail
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2009, 07:08 AM   #62  
Polyshrink Goddess

Here is my friends post from the other site....

A friend went to one of the big box stores and bought a cricut machine for $188 on Friday...this is only Saturday and she was having a problem with it. She took it to the big box store and they said because it was a "refurbished" machine, it was not under warranty or guarantee. They could give her $80.00 for the machine, but not her full price. She called the company and they said that many places are buying old machines from LSS's
and fixing them up, and then reselling them to the big box stores who sell them for cheaper, but no guarantees apply. She also bought several cassetts that went with the machine and they had scratches in them, she wanted to return those and was given the same answer, these were cassetts that had been brought back to the store, ran through a cleaner and had most of the scratches, glitches etc taken out...and thus they could sell them for $30. each. A sign had been posted to this affect for both the machine and the cassetts by the area where the merchandise was on Friday.....sure enough there was a sign there, stating all of these exclusions...but in the fury of wanting to get the machine and cassetts, no one saw it.

So it's a buyer beware...the deal you make, may not be a deal after all.

He's out over $300 and a machine that doesn't work.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2009, 09:06 AM   #63  
Polyshrink Goddess

Do you know what kind of problems she was having with the machine. I did purchase one online for the $188. It doesn't say anything about be refurbished. I haven't used it yet. Was waiting till after Christmas.

Thanks,

Quote:

A friend went to one of the big box stores and bought a cricut machine for $188 on Friday...this is only Saturday and she was having a problem with it. She took it to the big box store and they said because it was a "refurbished" machine, it was not under warranty or guarantee. They could give her $80.00 for the machine, but not her full price. She called the company and they said that many places are buying old machines from LSS's
and fixing them up, and then reselling them to the big box stores who sell them for cheaper, but no guarantees apply. She also bought several cassetts that went with the machine and they had scratches in them, she wanted to return those and was given the same answer, these were cassetts that had been brought back to the store, ran through a cleaner and had most of the scratches, glitches etc taken out...and thus they could sell them for $30. each. A sign had been posted to this affect for both the machine and the cassetts by the area where the merchandise was on Friday.....sure enough there was a sign there, stating all of these exclusions...but in the fury of wanting to get the machine and cassetts, no one saw it.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2009, 09:11 AM   #64  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Wow that's to bad. Our wal-mart had a bunch of them left when I was there around 8:30 am there was no sign I would so pitch a B**** fit. All the carts they had were pilled on top of the cardboard cricut display. To bad....that can make a really bad christmas morning for lots of our crafty friends.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2009, 09:13 AM   #65  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by AngelMakingCardView Post
Do you know what kind of problems she was having with the machine. I did purchase one online for the $188. It doesn't say anything about be refurbished. I haven't used it yet. Was waiting till after Christmas.

Thanks,
Yeah that's what I have the problem with online and in the store here in MD there was nothing saying that they are refurbished. Hope I don't have any problems with mine from the online store.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2009, 11:47 AM   #66  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Okay, I too purchased the Black Friday Walmart Cricut Expression. Looking to gain additional knowledge on this subject I just hung up with Provocraft. I was told these are brand new Expression machines, no refurbished units. Additionally I was told if I have a problem with the machine I should contact Provocraft directly not take it back to the store. They will replace with the colored Expression as long as they are available, if the supply is exhausted then the original Expression Cricut machine will be the replacement.

I was happy to hear this information and wanted to share.

Janice
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2009, 12:02 PM   #67  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by jentView Post
Okay, I too purchased the Black Friday Walmart Cricut Expression. Looking to gain additional knowledge on this subject I just hung up with Provocraft. I was told these are brand new Expression machines, no refurbished units. Additionally I was told if I have a problem with the machine I should contact Provocraft directly not take it back to the store. They will replace with the colored Expression as long as they are available, if the supply is exhausted then the original Expression Cricut machine will be the replacement.

Janice
Oh that is very good news!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2009, 12:46 PM   #68  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Janice
Thank you very much for that information. I emailed them last night but hadn't heard from them yet. I did check my machine and box last night and saw nothing about being refurbished but was a little nervous about it. Thanks!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2009, 08:18 PM   #69  
Polyshrink Goddess

Thumbs up

Thanks for posting this news Janice, It's very good news. I didn't know who to contact. Was hoping my machine runs fine!!

Thanks again,

Quote:

Janice
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2009, 11:15 PM   #70  
Embossing Fanatic

I cannot beleive a huge store like Walmart would sell this kind of thing in this condition! The fact they dont give a full refund is a joke, as I thought customer service was second to none it the states!

Im from London & when we come over to the states the first thing we look for is a Walmart!!!! Sad but true!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-08-2009, 04:21 PM   #71  
Glitter Queen

Quote:

Janice
This is good to know. I haven't had time to test mine out yet. Promised the DH I would clean my craft space before I took it out of the box.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-09-2009, 04:26 AM   #72  
Polyshrink Goddess

I didn't see anything in our Walmart about things being refurbished either. They marked them back up but they seem to be selling them. They have a better collection of cartriges also but they are pretty high.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-09-2009, 04:55 AM   #73  
SAH
Inking Addict

Yesterday, at our WM, the cartridges in the normal location were regular price, but they had an endcap 3 aisles away that had all the ones from Black Friday for $30.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-09-2009, 05:07 AM   #74  
Pearl-ExPert

Serenade will be available sometime next year. It was announced on the Cricut MB.

Suzi

Last edited by bunnystamper; 12-09-2009 at 05:14 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-09-2009, 06:44 AM   #75  
Polyshrink Goddess

I'll have to have my grandaughter look. Ours are all in the same place. I need to get out to Dollar Tree to do stocking gifts.
Reply With Quote Likes