Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Announcements (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/announcements-13/)
-   -   August to September SU! Recruiting Special!!!! (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/announcements-13/august-september-su-recruiting-special-173422/)

JanTInk 08-11-2006 04:36 AM

August to September SU! Recruiting Special!!!!

From August 15th to September 15th, you will be able to pick three different options to supplement the already awesome new demo kit!!!
Option 1: ANY stamp set from the 2006-2007 catalog! Value up to $39.95!!!!
Option 2: Cutting Combo - Fiskars paper cutter, cutter blade & scoring blade refill plus the hobby blade (exacto knife) $34.40 value!!!!!
Option 3: Colors Pack - One assortment of each color family of 8 1/2" x 11" cardstock; Rich Regals, Soft Subtles, Bold Brights, and Earth Elements PLUS a Color Coach. $39.95 value!!!!

Call your demonstrator today if you are interested in signing up! Don't have a demo? Visit http://stampinup.com and use the Demonstrator Locator to find one near you.

JanTInk 08-11-2006 04:53 AM

Just to make that clear...you pick FROM three different options...wish I had that edit button!

SDiegoGal 08-11-2006 07:30 AM

If I was a new demo, I would definitely pick the color pack. Gotta have all the colors! And the color coach - I use mine all the time!

mmferg 08-11-2006 08:16 AM

What a great deal!!!

I think I would go for EFP or Headline Alphabet myself!

I really like the variety of choices they offered!

Awesome!

sparksdm 08-11-2006 08:55 AM

Phooey, I just got my kit. Guess I should have waited 2 weeks. Oh, well this way I get an earlier start.

thuskins 08-11-2006 12:45 PM

Anyone know if there is one for Canada?

cincystamper 08-11-2006 12:48 PM

I think it's the same promo for Canada....

basketballmom 08-11-2006 09:07 PM

Yup, Canadian promo is the same.
And, the Demonstrator Locator works in Canada as well!

Christy S. 08-17-2006 05:47 AM

MWHAHAHAAAAA! I knew there was a reason why I was waiting until September! :D

inkyimages 08-17-2006 11:31 AM

If anyone's on the fence about joining and getting the starter kit, now's the time to join! What a great incentive!

lisa1022s 08-22-2006 10:01 AM

just wanted to bump this.

specialkx3 08-25-2006 10:15 AM

I thought you could always pick a free stamp set up to $39.95. Or is it that I always get the "wanna-sign-up" bug at the same time of year when they're offering it? ;-)

So where can I see a list of what all you get when you sign up? I don't want to get my demo's hopes up in case I can't talk dh into it.

pjdunn 08-25-2006 10:48 AM

Deal was to good to pass

I did it... Took the plunge. :o I met with my Demonstrator on Wednesday! I mailed of the paperwork today! Now I have to wait for SU to contact me... :) I hope that it doesn't take to long, I am so excited. :p

jahnmommy 08-26-2006 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by khaden
If anyone's on the fence about joining and getting the starter kit, now's the time to join! What a great incentive!

We have to sell a certain amount of stuff if we join, right? That's my main problem because I don't think I'd be able to stick to that even though I want to join to be able to do my own ordering. LOL

duffgirl 08-26-2006 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jahnmommy
We have to sell a certain amount of stuff if we join, right? That's my main problem because I don't think I'd be able to stick to that even though I want to join to be able to do my own ordering. LOL

If you wish to stay active beyond your first full quarter, you will need to submit $300 (catalog price, not your price). There is no penalty whatsoever if you buy the starter kit and decide that is all you want. Of course, it's great to take advantage of the discount before you go...:) I have many people who have just purchased the kit because of the great discount you get on what is in it.

jahnmommy 08-26-2006 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duffgirl
If you wish to stay active beyond your first full quarter, you will need to submit $300 (catalog price, not your price). There is no penalty whatsoever if you buy the starter kit and decide that is all you want. Of course, it's great to take advantage of the discount before you go...:) I have many people who have just purchased the kit because of the great discount you get on what is in it.

I just emailed my demo to discuss this with her. :)

duffgirl 08-26-2006 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duffgirl

To clarify, you have from the time you start until the end of your first full quarter (Jan.-March, April-June, July-September, October-Dec) to get that $300 submitted. So if you sign up now, you have till Dec. 31st to get that in. Of course, if you submit it within your first 45 days you will get an additional 10% off. (wish I had THAT when I started, you lucky ducks!)

spacecoast_stamper 08-26-2006 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by specialkx3
I thought you could always pick a free stamp set up to $39.95. Or is it that I always get the "wanna-sign-up" bug at the same time of year when they're offering it? ;-)

So where can I see a list of what all you get when you sign up? I don't want to get my demo's hopes up in case I can't talk dh into it.

The free any price stamp set isn't always an offer, you do get to pick several sets but the prices are 11.95 (2), 19.95, 28.95(2). During Sell-A-Bration you would get the offer "any stamp set" of have at least every year I have been around SU! but other than that time of year we don't know when its coming till just a few days in advance.

Last year they had a promo in August, which is when I signed up. I had been thinking about it anyone and contacted my demo to ask all the questions about min. spending etc and she told me that I shouldn't wait till Sept. because I would lose out on that promo.

I have loved every minute of my time as a demo so far. And would encourage anyone that is on the fence to take the plunge. IF you don't wish to carry on as a demo after your initial time there isn't any plenty. So why not sign up get things at a discount of about 60% for your kit and then the discount as a demo. You might even find you love doing it as a business like I have!

jahnmommy 08-26-2006 06:28 PM

I'm going to do it....just waiting for my demo to contact me and of course, since I'm so eager to do it NOW, I probably won't get a reply from her until tomorrow or so. LOL

jahnmommy 08-26-2006 06:29 PM

BTW, I have been searching the SU website to see where I can just go ahead and sign up but there's nothing there so I guess I just have to wait until she contacts me.

duffgirl 08-26-2006 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jahnmommy
BTW, I have been searching the SU website to see where I can just go ahead and sign up but there's nothing there so I guess I just have to wait until she contacts me.

You are correct. You cannot sign up directly with SU, you have to go through a demonstrator to do it. :)

Good luck, I hope you have a blast and get all you want from it and more.

Kandi's Kards 08-26-2006 09:55 PM

Also, ladies ask your SU lady what she does for being an upline. Does she hold meetings and etc.? And what can you expect from her?
Good luck to you all!

Kandi

FLMommyof2 08-27-2006 11:16 AM

I was ready to sign up until my demo told me I had to sell $300 every 3 months. I just wanted to do it as a "hobby demo" but as a single mom there's no way I could spend $100 every month! I was pretty disappointed.
:( I guess I'll just have to keep buying from her.

jahnmommy 08-27-2006 06:04 PM

I've got to wait until Tuesday to get my hands on the paperwork. My demo called and said she's super busy tomorrow so Tuesday will work better for her. I'm so excited!

pjdunn 08-27-2006 06:23 PM

I am so excited for you!:D

jahnmommy 08-29-2006 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pjdunn
I am so excited for you!:D

Sent off my forms today....woohooo!

Blissful Inklings 08-29-2006 05:54 PM

Congratulations! YOu will learn to love the UPS man!

Jensul 08-29-2006 06:00 PM

Just got my welcome call!!!

I am sooo excited!!!!!!! Just got home to find a message from SU! Received my demo ID althought no UPS delivery - :( I've got my fingers crossed that it comes tomorrow! Can't wait to get my hands on the goodies!!!!!!!!!!

NYstamper 08-31-2006 05:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLMommyof2
I was ready to sign up until my demo told me I had to sell $300 every 3 months. I just wanted to do it as a "hobby demo" but as a single mom there's no way I could spend $100 every month! I was pretty disappointed.
:( I guess I'll just have to keep buying from her.

I am a hobby demo, and it really isn't that hard....I have a small group and I have found just by holding occasional stamp camps I have no trouble meeting the minimums. I am not one to stand up in front of people and talk so workshops are hard for me ( I have done 3 in a little over a year). But if you have a few friends who might be willing to form a stamp club, etc you might be okay...