Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-27-2007, 09:06 PM   #1  
Crimping Master

Default Article on Martha Stewart's new venture...

Check out this article/opinion--link below. A bit lengthy but I found it facinating. It's on the National Scrapbook Association's web site. The writer explains alot about why Micheal's is the chosen venue (until the Fall) and gives an insight as to why we've heard or read some far-out things regarding Martha Stewart's new line, i.e. white gloves, no coupons, etc.

http://nsavoices.typepad.com/hwit/20..._stewart_.html

I thought it was a kind of sneaky, negatively-charged article about scrapbooking and paper crafts.

"Dowdy industry, cluttered stores, mundane products, not a sexy business..."

There's nothing dowdy about me or my craft, my LSS isn't cluttered with pipe cleaners, there's nothing mundane about the beautiful products I create my cards and scrapbooks with and Tim Holtz IS very sexy!!

Even though it is informative and it is her viewpoint (and she is entitled to it,) I believe the author concentrated on finding unflattering and just not nice quotes from folks about the industry. Is she making fun of us? I thought she was and I got my feathers ruffled.

I believe she missed the boat on the human element of stamping and scrapbooking...me, my legacy, my family, my friends and my art.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 04-27-2007, 09:21 PM   #2  
Rubber Obsessor

Default Martha Stewart's new venture

Hello,

I haven't read this article but I will. I heard at the CHA convention she made negative references to everyone there that she takes all the ugly stuff we make and makes it into something beautiful. I could not believe she would say something like that to a room full of crafters and craft vendors.

Sounds like someone has a big head to me.

Off to read the article you posted.

Diane B.
Old 04-27-2007, 11:01 PM   #3  
Rubber Obsessor

there is another thread in general stamptalking about crafters being white trash. go to that link and read some of the comments.

Alice
Old 04-28-2007, 03:34 AM   #4  
Pearl-ExPert

Aparently, she doesn't want business! You don't bite the hand that feeds you! And it makes you feel like they have taken a nice big nibble. I haven't seen her line yet, but all in all I was glad to see our Micheals clean up, reorganize and add some new stuff.