Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Announcements (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/announcements-13/)
-   -   Archivers Scrapbook Festival (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/announcements-13/archivers-scrapbook-festival-9223/)

Mary P 09-13-2004 10:37 AM

Archivers Scrapbook Festival

I was fortunate to attend the Archivers Scrapbook Festival this past weekend at the Mall of America in MN.
Did anyone else here attend?
We drove from IL. and arrived on Friday afternoon after checking into our hotel we spent the time getting to know the mall and doing FREE make and takes.
There was an all night crop on Friday evening 11pm-5am I did not attend this one but attended the crop on Saturday from 5pm-11:45pm. Lots of Prizes, 3 Make and Takes and Time to Crop.
On Saturday I did more FREE make and takes and I had prepaid for 2 classes. One hosted by the Westrim Co. and the other by Paperkuts Magazine. Both classes were awesome. The Paperkuts class was very fast paced but well worth it.

If you have an opportunity to attend the festival next year I really recommend it. A lot of the techniques and things I learned can be applied with cardmaking and scrapbooking.

Mary p :D

dostamping 09-13-2004 11:08 AM

I live in MN and attended this year and last. They really improved it this year over last year. My favorite is watching Tim Holtz work his magic - very cool. Some of the vendor make-n-takes were really good this year. Plus, I was able to get into 4 classes - they were all really good.

Mary P 09-13-2004 02:18 PM

Except for the lines for the make and takes and waiting for the classes to start. I really enjoyed the event

Mary

parisotremba 09-13-2004 04:03 PM

Can you believe I live just 15 minutes south of the Mall of America and DIDN"T GO!!! i"m kicking myself.....but I didn't have a sitter lined up and was short on cash (spent too much on my last SU! order). I'm going to go next year and try to make it everyday. i"m gonna have to sign up for the all night crop....how fun!!!!!!

I did stop in at the Apple Valley Archiver's today and everyone was raving about this past weekend!!!

glad you could make it....I'm jelous.

Misermom 09-14-2004 01:16 PM

Mall of America rocks!

I'm just coming down off my high from being on "Momcation" at the MOA for the scrapbooking fesitval! I did some ultimate make & takes & some were good, a couple were great, and the Fiskars one was "yawn". I totally agree with a previous poster that the best thing was watching Tim Holtz from Ranger demo. I could've done that all day long! He's a cutie and very talented to boot!

Well, I know I spent way too much money there, so now I've got to get myself stamping again!

Staci

Mary P 09-15-2004 03:14 AM

If you can go, I think it is well worth it.
I would drive 6 hours and do it again next year.

Mary

territweety 09-23-2004 11:48 AM

I went!

Sept. 10th was my birthday so I spent the day there. It was awesome! I took a class taught by Tim Holtz. Very cool. I did one other class and one of the ultimate make and takes as well. They were both way beyond what I expected. I came home with three bags full of goodies and only one of them was stuff I had to actually pay for!

sscrappystamper 09-23-2004 12:03 PM

I am really jealous! :mrgreen: I wanted to go and couldn't swing it with my fam and work...maybe next year. :wink:

alasku2stamp 09-24-2004 02:05 PM

I am so jealous! I have not been to an Archivers but I have checked them out online and all I can say is WOW! I drool just looking at what they have to offer! Must find the closest one to whereever we end up going for our trip to the lower 48.