Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Announcements (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/announcements-13/)
-   -   Anyone going to the Scrapbook Expo? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/announcements-13/anyone-going-scrapbook-expo-448625/)

jeanstamping2 07-15-2009 04:06 PM

Anyone going to the Scrapbook Expo?

Anyone going to the Scrapbook Expo in St. Charles IL?

Well here's the information:

http://www.scrapbookexpo.com/CH-09/Index.asp

I know I'm going. I think I might see if some of my other friends what to do a day of it!

Who know's maybe I'll see you there?

tamcan 07-18-2009 07:04 PM

I'm going.my first time going to any large event. I will be at fri, and sat crops and sat classes.. that weekend is my anniversary, so i get to sb and my hunny gets to golf works out great! i will be a lone scrapper, because no one i know is going. would love to meet other sc girls.btw i live in yorkville, ill.

jeanstamping2 07-21-2009 09:52 AM

I just found out Saturday, That I will be going with about 7 other ladies. to the crop nite on Friday. We got a Table.

Which is going to be fun!!!

So I will be going on Friday afternoon to the Show.

tamcan 07-21-2009 12:47 PM

Any tips on what to bring?

Lisa S 07-21-2009 12:53 PM

I'm might be going to this one Nancy - depends on how busy things are here.

karrieg 07-21-2009 05:35 PM

I am planning to go with Sue B. on Saturday. Hope to see both Nancy & Lisa there. Should be fun!

Karrie G.

jeanstamping2 08-12-2009 09:06 AM

It's coming up soon.

tamcan 08-15-2009 07:05 AM

I'd like to meet anyone going from SCS. I will be there all Fri, Sat, Sun. My hubby and I will be staying At resort. Would love to meet and greet!

bonniejo 08-15-2009 07:25 AM

I am going on Friday with friends and going to the Friday crop. I'm not going Saturday because it is my hubby's birthday. He said he didn't care if I went but I thought letting him be with me all day would be an awesome present! lol

bonniejo 08-15-2009 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tamcan (Post 14684864)
Any tips on what to bring?

Lots of money!! :mrgreen: :twisted: For shopping, bring a nice large canvas or heavy duty tote bag to carry your purchases. I attended this expo for the first time last year and spent more $$ than I had intended. I went to an expo in St. Louis in the spring and did better, but still spent a bit more than I had budgeted.

For the crop, try to decide on a project and bring the items needed. Try to keep the number of totes to a managable amount. I try to bring only one roller tote and one table top tote and one shoulder tote. Maybe this will be the time that I am able to follow my tips. :rolleyes: These are the guidelines I try to use when going to an expo or my monthly scrapbooking club. Besides cropping, I like to play with my purchases. :mrgreen:

HTH.

Bonnie

jeanstamping2 08-15-2009 02:48 PM

I just found out I might be working the Scrapbook Weekend.

Which will be fun!!! One of my friends sent me a email asking me if I wanted to make some extra CASH!

So I'm waiting to hear back from them. I hope I will.

Also I going to Crop on Friday night with some of my friends from Dekalb Il

bonniejo 08-15-2009 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeanstamping2 (Post 14896570)
I just found out I might be working the Scrapbook Weekend.

Which will be fun!!! One of my friends sent me a email asking me if I wanted to make some extra CASH!

So I'm waiting to hear back from them. I hope I will.

Also I going to Crop on Friday night with some of my friends from Dekalb Il

Can I be nosey and ask who your friends from DeKalb are? If you want to let me know, please pm the info to me. Thanks,
bonnie

tamcan 08-16-2009 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonniejo (Post 14894217)
Lots of money!! :mrgreen: :twisted: For shopping, bring a nice large canvas or heavy duty tote bag to carry your purchases. I attended this expo for the first time last year and spent more $$ than I had intended. I went to an expo in St. Louis in the spring and did better, but still spent a bit more than I had budgeted.

For the crop, try to decide on a project and bring the items needed. Try to keep the number of totes to a managable amount. I try to bring only one roller tote and one table top tote and one shoulder tote. Maybe this will be the time that I am able to follow my tips. :rolleyes: These are the guidelines I try to use when going to an expo or my monthly scrapbooking club. Besides cropping, I like to play with my purchases. :mrgreen:

HTH.

Bonnie

Bonnie, thanks for info.
Hey, my hubby laughed when I said I need $$$ for expo. He thought I paid for everything already, when I registered for class etc. My answer is hey it's my Anniversary?

QUEENSHOPPER43 08-16-2009 08:15 AM

I might come from the Central Illinois area just for the day on Friday! Does anyone know if Just Rite Stampers will be exhibiting - they are so close I thought this might be a good show for them and they really have a lot of cool new stuff

brits4 08-16-2009 10:02 PM

I'll be attending with a friend of mine. We've gone for the past few years. As for what to bring: I always bring a canvas bag and a 12 x 12 plastic paper holder in case I find some. This way it won't get crushed.

Sue

jeanstamping2 08-17-2009 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonniejo (Post 14899126)
Can I be nosey and ask who your friends from DeKalb are? If you want to let me know, please pm the info to me. Thanks,
bonnie

Well I belong to a Meet up group that meets a couple times a month.
Bridgette Anderson is the Leader of the Group.

I've been involved in this group for 2 years now.

jeanstamping2 08-17-2009 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QUEENSHOPPER43 (Post 14900856)
I might come from the Central Illinois area just for the day on Friday! Does anyone know if Just Rite Stampers will be exhibiting - they are so close I thought this might be a good show for them and they really have a lot of cool new stuff

You can click on the link I posted in the first message. and see the vendor's that will be there. I didn't remember seeing Just Rite Stamps.

But I might be wrong on this. Check it out for yourself.

jeanstamping2 08-17-2009 11:13 AM

Wow!!! I just off the phone with one of the Vendor's. I'll be helping set up on Thursday afternoon. and working on Saturday as well.

Woo Hoo!!! Some Extra Spending Cash for me!!!!!

So you might just see me on Saturday working in one of the booths. Paper Wizard.