Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-29-2005, 09:19 AM   #1  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default All occassion cards for the troops

Thanks to all who helped send 500+ cards to our brave service men and women for Mother's day and Father's Day( Huge standing ovation)

Many have offfered all occasion cards for the troops to have since they have no real card store to buy them. So I wanted to open up the opportunity for anyone wishing to donated cards for the troops to join in this project! The soldiers could use any cards. They do not have to pay for postage home so they would be free for them to send home.(got to be some perks with the jobs I guess) Any cards would be awesome especially:
I miss you/ I love you for the spouses and girl or boy friend left at home
I miss you/ I love you for their kids who have to be missing their parent or parents
I am thinking of you for all occassions!!
Graduation cards for love ones or children( some have little ones graduating from Kindergarten)
I am so proud of you--for sons and daughters
Get well
sympathy
blank so they can make the occassion
anniversary for their own and others
birthday
any patriotic ones!!
Thanks I know many have already asked about sending some other occassion cards but I am ready to start collecting them and shipping them over so they will have them for every occassion
Please mail cards and envelopes to:
Sue Salsburg
11637 Elton Rd
Navarre Oh 44662

Thanks If you have any questions feel free to email me at
[email protected]

Sue

"all our brave men and women deserve our support"
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-29-2005, 07:39 PM   #2  
Rubber Obsessor

These do not have to be stamped cards, correct? I would do some stamped ones but I know that I also have those "other" cards around here that do not get used.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-30-2005, 03:31 PM   #3  
Rubber Obsessor

Default NO one is picky here

Banana
The troops are hardly picky on cards...they are just grateful to have some to use to send hoem to love ones!
Thanks\Sue
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-02-2005, 10:03 AM   #4  
Rubber Obsessor

Default cards for ther soldiers children

I just wanted everyone to know that the cards for their spouses/girlfriends or boyfriends and especially for their kids are a huge request!

Here is part of an email I received this weekend:

" Yes, we would love some all occassion cards. I would ask around but I already know the answer. We can use cards for any and every occassion. Please tell the people who are helping make these cards that we LOVE their cards! I know the everyone with children left behind would love to have a card they could mail home . Remember how fun it was to get mail when you were small. I know I would like to have one to send ***** just to let him know I miss him more than anything, and I am sure the soldiers with me would love that as well. Thanks for being the supplier of our cards. "

I appreciate all of your hard work to make this happen for these brave soldiers
Sue
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-02-2005, 10:22 AM   #5  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by buckeye01
I just wanted everyone to know that the cards for their spouses/girlfriends or boyfriends and especially for their kids are a huge request!

Hey there stampers...just wanted to second this statement. I'm a military wife whose dh recently returned from Iraq. Many care packages were sent over there, but the thing that was the absolute, hands-down, unanimous favorite thing to receive??? Blank cards!! Didn't matter if they were hand made or store bought, those soldiers couldn't get their hands on the cards fast enough! Every time I sent a box of cards to my husband, he said that they were generally gone within the first 24 hours...usually sooner!

Blessings,

"I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to."
"When we forgive, we free ourselves from the bitter ties that bind us to the one who hurt us."
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-02-2005, 01:00 PM   #6  
Rubber Obsessor

Default thanks for the help

This is what I am hearing and they are so appreciative of everything...plus I am sure you can speak for the other end of this which is how wonderful it is to GET a card from your loved one who is in IRAQ...thanks I just can't imagine what it must be like to say to your child when they get home from school or up from a nap--Hey Daddy or Mommy sent you something!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-03-2005, 11:21 AM   #7  
Rubber Obsessor

Smile Cards are heavy

I am thrilled to donate lots of cards. I know I have many of the old-fashioned kind as well as a few of my own creations. Look forward to sending you a bunch.

Seems like boxes of greeting cards can weigh quite heavy. Can we slip a few $$ to you to help defray the postage costs?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-03-2005, 02:14 PM   #8  
Rubber Obsessor

Default thanks

Susane
Thanks for the help with the cards....I appreciate any help you can give me :smile: The cost of shipping all the mothers day/ fathers day cards has gotten to be a bit overwhelming ~~ the cards keep coming which is wonderful and the need is great ~~I have been mailing 6-12 packages a day for the past few weeks so a little help with postage would certainly not be turned down... ;-) Thanks for thinking of me
Sue
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-04-2005, 11:17 AM   #9  
Mad Swapper

I know I have cards that are either birthday or thinking of you. Will get them together this weekend and send them off. I know there has to be others who have made cards for challenges etc. who don't think to send them to you. Maybe a bump on occasion would help. You're doing a great thing. Keep it up!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-05-2005, 12:41 AM   #10  
Hardware Hotshot

I'll get some made and off to you. I have a cousin over there now and my dh will be going soon. What a good cause.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-05-2005, 07:59 AM   #11  
Rubber Obsessor

Default thanks

I can't express enough to all of you how much these cards mean to the brave men and women over there...especially when I said I would ask for acrds they could mail home to their kids and spouses...........they are so grateful to each of you--here is part of an email I received from one guy

" I hope you understand how much a card for me to mail to my daughter would mean to me. I miss her so much and know she is growing up with me missing so many firsts in her life. So I want her to think of me when she sees her "special daddy card"...please thank the wonderful women who make these cards for us. We all want to thank you from the bottom of this soldiers hearts!"

So thanks to all who have mailed them!!! I do not have everyone's email so thought I would post it here too
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-05-2005, 08:27 AM   #12  
Rubber Obsessor

I am putting about 30 cards in the mail tomorrow for you (let me know if you need envelopes too). I scoured my boxes of swaps and things I have made in the past, and hope you don't mind that I haven't made them all myself!! I took pics of the ones I loved, and am sending you the cards.

Thanks for doing this!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-05-2005, 04:33 PM   #13  
Rubber Obsessor

Default envelopes

If you have envelopes that would be great if not no biggie...thanks
Sue
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-22-2007, 06:37 PM   #14  
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Sending off more cards

I know I am bringing up a very old thread, but wanted to give it a little bump. I am just getting some Valentines sent off to Sue - might be a little late but she said Valentines could be welcome any time. This project still important. I know a lot of people on SCS are sending cards off to the troops, but this gives one more option.

My blog: http://cardsbydorothy.blogspot.com/

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-23-2007, 06:44 AM   #15  
Hardware Hotshot

another bump to the top
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2007, 10:22 AM   #16  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

I'm bumping this up. Sue is still collecting cards; I send to her regularly. Quite a few of the soldiers she sends to have been extended.

Diane
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-20-2007, 11:12 AM   #17  
Hardware Hotshot

another bump to the top
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2007, 05:54 AM   #18  
Kookie Creator

Are you taking card fronts also?

Becca
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2007, 06:14 AM   #19  
Stampin' Fool

I really don't want to sound "dumb" here. I would love to make some cards to send over. What is a blank card? Just cardstock, no stamped image's or sentiments? I can't figure out what they would do with a card with nothing on it. So help me out girl's. TIA!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2007, 06:18 AM   #20  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cindygrammy2
I really don't want to sound "dumb" here. I would love to make some cards to send over. What is a blank card? Just cardstock, no stamped image's or sentiments? I can't figure out what they would do with a card with nothing on it. So help me out girl's. TIA!!
There is no such thing as a dumb question. A blank card is a card that is blank inside so they can write whatever they want to. Like a note card. You decorate the outside of the card. HTH
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-23-2007, 09:37 AM   #21  
Stampin' Fool

Thank you very much!! It's supposed to be a yucky weekend so I think I will get busy on some. Thanks for your help!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2008, 03:03 PM   #22  
Insane Embellisher

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Smile Come on and send a card . . . I dare you!

Howdy ladies! I have been sending cards to Sue for the past 2 years . . . and love all of her efforts. I know the war has gone on longer than most would have liked or wanted, but our troops are still being deployed and are still standing strong. I would like to ask everyone that is a Splitcoast Stamper to send at least five (5) cards to our troops.

Sue is continuously sending cards and goodies to the men and women stationed in places most of us would not want to venture. It may seem like a small thing to receive a card, but our troops have limited resources where they are staying, and sending a card home to a loved one (a loved one that they don't get to hug each night, read a bedtime story, play a little ball in the backyard with, call on the phone to say happy birthday, or just say hi and tell that loved one they are missed) is priceless! So please - let's get some cards to Sue and she'll be sending them to our TROOPS!!!!

I know most people would send a card in a heartbeat, but we think our lives are busy, things are crazy and hectic, and we often forget. But we are truly blessed. So think of this as a challenge . . . I dare you to send at least 5 cards (with envelopes please) before the end of April. Come on, I know you can do it!!!

If you have questions . . . Sue's email is [email protected]

Thanks ladies . . . I know we can help spread love and brighten many peoples' days and lives!!!!! Thanks for reading this! Nikki
Reply With Quote Likes