Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread
Old 05-31-2008, 08:46 AM   #1  
Gallery Gazer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VSN Book Signing Weekends ~ Master Challenge Thread ~ May, June & July, 2008

Welcome to

VSN Book Signing Weekends

Are you ready to spend time with your favorite authors? We've got a fantastic line-up of book-themed challenges all ready to go for you on Friday, May 30th, Friday, June 20th and Friday, July 25th!

Each of the challenges over these Friday's will be posted in this locked thread. The posts will include links to the individual challenge threads where you can ask questions or chat.

The challenges will be posted every hour on the hour from 7 p.m. through 11 p.m. CST on each of these Friday nights.

You have 45 minutes to complete each challenge, unless otherwise noted. You can play the challenge whenever it's convenient for you, but please stick to the time limit.

You can upload your projects anytime during the 2 week period following each of these challenge nights.

A couple of rules:
  • Please only submit one card per challenge.
  • Do not combine challenges. If you do combine challenges, please submit the card using only one challenge's keyword.
  • And last, don't forget to use the challenge keywords! This is how your cards get found in the gallery!

Have fun and please let us know if you have any questions!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Gallery Gazer

Default AUG08VSNMINIA

Title: “The Scarlet Letter”
Hostess: traceteach (Trace)
Keyword: AUG08VSNMINIA
Day/Date: Friday, May 30
Time: 7:00 pm Central

Hello fellow book worms! This is my first time hosting a VSN and I am so excited! I hope you are too! Let's use great literature as a springboard for a great card!

When it comes to classic literature, I immediately think of The Scarlet Letter. When it comes to classic design, I immediately think of rich reds. What better way to create a magnificent card than to combine these two elements?

My challenge to you is to make a card using some type of red letter.

Your card may include any form of letter including (but not limited to):
Stamps
Rub-Ons
Stickers
Chipboard covered with paint and/or designer paper
Sentiment printed in red from your computer

Cards for this challenge can be found here.

The chat thread for this challenge is HERE.

***ALL VSN MINI CREATIONS FOR MAY MUST BE UPLOADED BY JUNE 13***

Uploading Instructions:
*Please remember to put in the correct keyword when uploading your image. If you are using additional keywords, you must separate them with a comma. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.
*It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in the chat thread, in case the gallery is being testy.

Samples left to right: traceteach, peggysue, flutterbees13
Attached Images
File Type: jpg The%20Scarlet%20Letter.JPG (19.4 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg once.jpg (48.5 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg Flutterbees13_AUG08VSNMINIA.jpg (49.5 KB, 10 views)

Last edited by flutterbees13; 05-31-2008 at 08:59 AM..
Gallery Gazer

Default AUG08VSNMINIB

Book title: What Lurks Behind the Cover?
Author: Robyn O (Robyn)
Keyword: AUG08VSNMINIB
Date/Time: Friday, May 30, 2008 8:00 CST

Most hard covered books come with a Book Jacket or Book Cover that not only protects the book but tells you something about the book. It will have a picture that relates to the story and the inside front flaps will give a synopsis of the story and the back flap will finish it and maybe tell something about the author.

CHALLENGE: Your challenge is to make a card, (any size) using vellum with a design, either stamped or embossed over the card that has a design on it. The Vellum can either hide or enhance what is on the card. I will also allow acetate if you don't have any vellum.

Check out all the cards for this challenge HERE!

***ALL VSN MINI CREATIONS FOR MAY MUST BE UPLOADED BY JUNE 13***

**You have 45 minutes to complete the challenge.

Uploading Instructions:
*Please remember to put in the correct keyword when uploading your image. If you are using additional keywords, you must separate them with a comma. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.
*It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in the chat thread just in case the gallery is being testy.

Samples left to right: Robyn O; peggysue; flutterbees13
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Book%20Club%2053008%20Cover%20Challenge%20001.JPG (98.7 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg bees.jpg (62.6 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg Flutterbees13_AUG08VSNMINIB.jpg (40.8 KB, 11 views)

Last edited by flutterbees13; 05-31-2008 at 05:27 PM..
Gallery Gazer

Default AUG08VSNMINIC

Challenge Title: Anne's Inspiration
Book Tittle: Before Green Gables
VSN Code: AUG08VSNMINIC
Date and Time: Friday, May 30 9:00 P.M. CST

I recently read (and highly recommend) a book called Before Green Gables. The book is about Anne Shirley's life before she went to live with Matthew and Marilla Cuthbert. The book talks about Anne's developmental years and decribes in great detail how she fell in love with words, partially attributed to the poem The Lady of the Lake by Sir Walter Scott.

So...my challenge to you is to make a card inspired by your favorite poem. The only condition is that you must add at least part of your poem to your card discription. It can include how you arrived at your inspiration, but that is not required.

Have fun!!

Cards for this challenge can be found HERE.

*** ALL VSN MINI CREATIONS FOR MAY MUST BE UPLOADED BY JUNE 13***

Uploading Instructions:
*It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in the chat thread, in case the gallery is being testy.

Samples left to right: wonkaismycat; flutterbees13
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Iris%20By%20Night%20Flowers%20and%20Bow.jpg (89.2 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg Flutterbees13_AUG08VSNMINIC.jpg (126.7 KB, 17 views)

Last edited by flutterbees13; 06-01-2008 at 09:20 AM..
Gallery Gazer

Default AUG08VSNMINID

Book title: Becoming Jane Austen
Author: Arin (arinstamps)
Keyword: AUG08VSNMINID
Date/Time: 10:00 p.m. CST

Some authors inspire us by their journaling as well as their fiction. Jane Austen journaled and created characters who journaled. Jon Spence based his book, Becoming Jane Austen, on her memoirs. This VSN, you can become Jane Austen!

My challenge is to:

Create an Altered Book
***special 2 hour challenge***

Altered books make unique collections of quotes, photos, altered art, recipes, prayers, sketches, ideas, deep thoughts... anything your heart desires!

There are many ways to alter a book. Here is my VSN version:

1. Cut a rectangle from the front cover of your book with a craft knife and ruler. You�ll need to go over it several times to cut all the way through. Lightly sand then ink the cut edges. You can also cover with designer paper.

2. Stamp and/or embellish a sentiment or photo to insert in the cover opening. Start with a cardstock base bigger than your opening (I used river rock with leaves stamped in artichoke for the base in my sample.) Add your sentiment or photo & embellish.

3. Embellish cover. (Double stitched ribbon and hodgepodge in my sample)

4. Adhere your insert to the first page of the book so that it shows through the opening in the cover. Adhere the front of your insert to the back of the cover. Adhere several of the first pages of the book together to reinforce your altered cover.

5. Finish here for a cool piece of art for the shelf, or continue to alter the inside.
Bonus points for altering inside pages! Please upload pics at the same time, all with the keyword AUG08VSNMINID so I won't miss them.
To alter the inside, continue to glue 5-10 pages together at a time, keeping and/or altering the pages you like. In keeping with the VSN spirit, I kept my sample quick and easy.
Please see post #2 for more inside pics. I used the original pages with pictures of flowers. I also used some pages with text for a background, adding a layer for my stamping/printing (mostly printed Bible verses and stamped leaf borders in my sample.) I sponged all of the edges in the same color to give the book cohesion.
Other options: cut frames out of glued-together pages, add pop-ups, leave lots of room for journaling, add your favorite recipes, add photos, tear pages out to make room for bulkier layers with embellies... anything you want! Have fun and make it something personal and usable.

For inspiration & tips, see the gallery of Denise�s (resqbarbie) VSBN challenge to make an altered book into a photo holder. Check out this alternative for altering the inside. Altered-book.com has loads of info, too.

*** ALL VSN MINI CREATIONS FOR MAY MUST BE UPLOADED BY JUNE 13***

Uploading Instructions:

Samples left to right: arinstamps, flutterbees13
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lab%20vsn%20altered%20book.jpg (63.6 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg Flutterbees13_AUG08VSNMINID.jpg (78.8 KB, 25 views)

Last edited by flutterbees13; 05-31-2008 at 09:49 AM..
Gallery Gazer

Default AUG08VSNMINIE

Title: Ghost Writers
Hostess: stampin’ andrea
Keyword: AUG08VSNMINIE
Date: Friday, June 20th, 2008
Time: 6:00 PM (CST)

Many books are not written by the author credited on the cover. Sometimes, a “ghost writer” is hired to create text for books or other written documents. The work is then credited to another person’s name (real or pseudonym) who is oftentimes more famous or well known.

According to Wikipedia...

Quote:

The purported author of the Nancy Drew mystery series, "Carolyn Keene", is actually a pseudonym for a series of ghostwriters who write books in the same style using a template of basic information about the book's characters and their fictional universe (names, dates, speech patterns), and about the tone and style that are expected in the book. As well, ghostwriters are often given copies of several of the previous books in the series, to help them match the style.

The estate of romance novelist V. C. Andrews hired a ghostwriter to continue writing novels after her death, under her name and in a similar style to her original works. Many of action writer Tom Clancy's books from the 2000s bear the names of two people on their covers, with Clancy's name in larger print and the other author's name in smaller print. Various books bearing Clancy's name were written by different authors under the same pseudonym. The first two books in the Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell franchise were written by Raymond Benson under the pseudonym David Michaels

Click HERE if you would like to read more about ghost writers on Wikipedia.

So, what is my challenge for you? I want you to create a card using the Ghosting Technique! Don’t worry, it’s not as scary as it sounds. It’s just another name for the Versamark™ Resist Technique – and it’s so much fun!

To view a tutorial by Beate on the Ghosting Technique, click HERE.

Tips that worked for me when trying this technique for the first time:

*Use a subtle background stamp (if you choose to not use a background stamp at all, that's fine too)
*If you don't have a brayer, don't despair - sponge the ink on instead
*Use similar tones of ink (I used yellows and oranges in my "thank you" card sample) for the background stamp and the brayered ink

Whether you consider this technique an oldie but a goodie, or it is something new you’ve never tried before, I hope you dive right in and scare up a masterpiece worthy of literary accolades! The only caveat – you must create your own card. No ghost writers allowed here! LOL

***ALL VSN MINI CREATIONS FOR JUNE MUST BE UPLOADED BY July 4***

You have 45 minutes to complete this challenge.

P.S. -- Since the theme for this VSN is all about books, I thought I'd include some info for those who are sticklers for proper spelling. I looked up the definition for "ghost writer" and it can be spelled as two words or as one word ("ghostwriter"). Source: Dictionary.com

Quote:

ghost writer
–noun
a person who writes one or numerous speeches, books, articles, etc., for another person who is named as or presumed to be the author.
Also, ghostwriter.
Uploading Instructions:

*It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in the chat thread just in case the gallery is being testy.

Samples left to right: stampin' andrea; flutterbees13; peggysue
Attached Images
File Type: jpg May%202008%20011.jpg (86.4 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg Flutterbees13_AUG08VSNMINIE.jpg (63.4 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg bluebird.jpg (126.6 KB, 13 views)

Last edited by flutterbees13; 06-20-2008 at 03:42 PM..
Gallery Gazer

Default AUG08VSNMINIF

Book title: Plum Crazy
Author: Patty (pattyb)
Keyword: AUG08VSNMINIF
Date/Time: Friday, June 20th at 7:00 PM (CST).

�If you want to get happy, birthday cake is the way to go.�
Stephanie, Eleven On Top

One of my favorite authors is Janet Evanovich! If you haven�t heard about her Stephanie Plum series you�re missing out on some �Laugh Out Loud� reading!!!

You can check out the �Plum� series and Janet�s website here > http://evanovich.com/index.html

Now what kind of challenge involves Stephanie Plum? Well I�d like to tell you that Morelli or Ranger figure in somehow, but like Stephanie I can't choose between them! Or maybe that it involves donuts, but alas I couldn�t figure out how to stamp with a donut (and I really tried, just for all of you, but I ended up eating my supplies!)

So� in honor of Janet�s creative use of numbers, my challenge to you is to use numbers in your card � chipboard numbers, tag numbers, sticker numbers, die cut numbers, any kind of numbers!!!

Uploading Instructions:

Samples left to right: pattyb; flutterbees13; peggysue
Attached Images
File Type: jpg vsn6308%20plb.jpg (120.9 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg Flutterbees13_AUG08VSNMINIF.jpg (70.4 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg AUG08VSNMINIF.jpg (70.8 KB, 22 views)

Last edited by flutterbees13; 06-20-2008 at 04:10 PM..
Gallery Gazer

Default AUG08VSNMINIG

Challenge Title: Persuasion and the Art of Frippery
Book Title: Persuasion by Jane Austen
Hostess: deipara (Sara)
VSN Code: AUG08VSNMINIG
Date and Time: Friday, June 20th 2008 at 8pm CST

What I love about the novels of Jane Austen is that the main characters will take the simple dresses or bonnets and embellish them with ribbon, feathers and other do-dads. They could turn a very simple bonnet into something eyecatching. In Pride and Prejudice Lydia buys a hat simply to pull it to pieces and make something new.

Challenge: To create 2 cards that start out identical - one to remain simple and unembellished and the other to be dressed up with ribbons, feathers, beads, brads, etc.

And most of all, have FUN!!!

**Special 1 hour challenge**

***All June VSN MINI creations must be completed by July 4th***

Uploading Instructions:

Samples created by (from left to right) deipara; flutterbees13; peggysue
Attached Images
File Type: jpg AUG08VSNMINIG%20-%20Persuasion%20and%20the%20Art%20of%20Frippery.jpg (40.7 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg Flutterbees13_AUG08VSNMINIG.jpg (44.6 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg AUG08VSNMINIG.jpg (47.8 KB, 20 views)

Last edited by flutterbees13; 06-20-2008 at 05:13 PM..
Gallery Gazer

Default AUG08VSNMINIH

Challenge Title: Check it out��.return by due date.
Hostess: stampinthyme (Lisa)
VSN Code: AUG08VSNMINIH
Date and Time: Friday, June 20th 2008 at 9pm CST

Good evening everybody! I am so excited to be an authoress at this VSN book signing event. I love VSN and I also love books. I love to get lost in the pages of a story and mingle with the characters hidden within. A book becomes like an old friend that you can visit again and again. When I really love a book, I like to share it with family and friends, but I always want my missing friend to be returned back to me��.. So your challenge tonight , should you choose to stamp (like you wouldn�t) is to make a pocket card. This could be a pocket card of your choosing, it could contain a book mark, a library card, a reminder to return a book borrowed.
The card can be done with any stamps, you can be inspired by a book cover or even an event in the story.
When you post let me know if there is a story behind your card.
Get creative and most of all have fun! Remember you have 45 minutes to complete this card and I will be available in the chat forum for your questions.

Find directions for a pocket card here.... Forums at Splitcoaststampers

Please remember

And have fun!!!!!!

Thumbnails left to right: stampinthyme; peggysue; flutterbees13
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Alice%20pocket.JPG (150.2 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg AUG08VSNMINIHdad.jpg (90.5 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg Flutterbees13_AUG08VSNMINIH.jpg (86.5 KB, 12 views)

Last edited by flutterbees13; 06-20-2008 at 06:18 PM..
Gallery Gazer

Default AUG08VSNMINII

Title: �So Speaks the Heart�
Hostess: debwinia (Deb)
Keyword: AUG08VSNMINII
Day/Date: Friday, June 20
Time: 10:00 PM (CST)

Good Evening! I'm so excited to be here. This is my first time hostessing and I'm ready to Speak My Heart...are you??

Romance novels were my guilty pleasure when my kids were young. They always provided a much needed break from the reality of life. My son called them my love books. This challenge uses the title of a book from Johanna Lindsey. I think I've read every book she ever published!

My challenge for you is to create a romantic or love themed card. You may use any items you wish, just make sure to speak your heart! The sample on the left is a manly romantic card, and the one on the right appeals more to my feminine side. Use your creativity to provide someone with a card that will give them a break from the reality of life.

*** ALL JUNE VSN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY July 4th, 2008 ***

Uploading Instructions:

Samples left to right: debwinia; flutterbees13; peggysue
Attached Images
File Type: jpg debwinia%20091.jpg (94.5 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg Flutterbees13_AUG08VSNMINII.jpg (42.1 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg AUG08VSNMINIIkiss.jpg (49.8 KB, 12 views)
Gallery Gazer

Default AUG08VSNMINIJ

Title: "Distressing Times"
Hostess: LuvLee (Lee)
Keyword: AUG08VSNMINIJ
Day/Date: Friday, July 25
Time: 6:00 PM (CST)

Howdy all you book-lovin' stampers!!!! This is my very first time Hostessing in a VSN and I am soooooooooo psyched!!!!! Thank you all so much for joining in!!!!

When I'm asked for my favorite book, it's an automatic response..........To Kill A Mockingbird!!! My most favorite book in THE entire world!! And it has been since the very first time I read it when I was 12. So many life lessons, it really is an amazing book which I re-read often!!

The time period is set in the Depression.........those were rough times for most folks. Sooooo........to tie in this wonderful novel with a stamping challenge.........my challenge is for you to make a Distressed Card!! There are so many ways to add a distressed look to a card......roughing up the edges, using a sponge and ink, using distress ink, etc. Let your imagination run wild!

For my sample, I used Alcohol Inks and Glossy paper and the "roughing-the-edges" techniques. I just love Western and Horse stamps for this look!!

Now.........go have fun and don't "STRESS" over this DISTRESSING Challenge!!!!

** You have 45 minutes to complete this challenge **

***ALL VSN MINI CREATIONS FOR JULY MUST BE UPLOADED BY AUGUST 8***

Uploading Instructions:

Samples from left to right: luvlee; flutterbees13; peggysue
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MyVSNDistress1.jpg (58.4 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg Flutterbees13_AUG08VSNMINIJ.jpg (63.0 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg AUGVSNMINIJ.jpg (97.0 KB, 6 views)
Stazon Splitcoast

Default AUG08VSNMINIK - "Peek-A-Boo!" - FRI. JULY 25TH at 7:00 PM (CST)

Title: �Peek-A-Boo!"
Hostess: garkarlon (Karolyn)
Keyword: AUG08VSNMINIK
Day/Date: Friday, July 25th
Time: 7:00 PM (CST)

FYI: YOU HAVE ONE HOUR (RATHER THAN 45 MINUTES) TO COMPLETE THIS CHALLENGE!

When my daughters were little, before they began reading on their own, one of their most favorite books was called "Peek-A-Boo," a fun, colorful pop-up book. To see the look of surprise on their faces when each wonderful scene became 3-D, popping off the page, was so much fun, and something that we all looked forward to every night before bed.

Pop-up books have long held a fascination for children and adults alike and are a great source of entertainment. With their movable parts and the ability to change shapes and spring surprises, these books incorporate topics ranging from animals and anatomy to transportation and phobias.

YOUR CHALLENGE IS TO CREATE A POP-UP CARD using the Surprise Pop-Up Card technique. Beate Johns has provided a wonderful picture tutorial for this technique HERE in case you've never done it before. ALSO, it is my recommendation to skip Steps 7 and 8 of this tutorial, as they are "optional" and MAY prevent you from completing your card in the alloted 60 minutes. Yes, you read that right - our fearless VSN leaders have granted you an additional 15 minutes to complete this challenge. Woohoo!

FOR YOU VISUAL LEARNERS, Dawn Griffith has very kindly given me permission to link her fabulous YouTube video on how to make one of these Surprise Pop-Up cards. You can view her video HERE.

AND FOR YOU EXPERIENCED STAMPERS THAT ARE LOOKING FOR MORE OF A CHALLENGE, Faith Hofrichter (Markie's Mom) has given me permission to link her tutorial that inspires us to add more yummy layers. You can view Faith's tutorial HERE.

You can make your card whimsical, elegant, masculine, feminine - there are no limits to this fun way of paper engineering. As with the creators/authors of these wonderful books, let your imagination run wild! Although there are many pop-up techniques available, my only firm requirement is that you use the Surprise Pop-Up Card technique for this challenge.

*** ALL VSN MINI CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY FRIDAY, AUGUST 8th ***

Uploading Instructions:

Here are a few samples to inspire your creativity:
Samples left to right: garkarlon; flutterbees13; peggysue
Attached Images
File Type: jpg AUG08VSNMINIK Open_edited-1.jpg (166.2 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg Flutterbees13_AUG08VSNMINIK.JPG (80.0 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg AUG08VSNMINIK1.jpg (79.3 KB, 4 views)

Last edited by flutterbees13; 07-25-2008 at 04:13 PM..
Gallery Gazer

Default AUG08VSNMINIL

Book Title: Oh, the Cards You'll Create!
Author: mandella17
Keyword: AUG08VSNMINIL
Date/Time: Friday, July 25, 2008 at 8 PM CST

Oh, the cards you'll create, when you dare to defy,
the usual, the normal - Common to the eye.

Your challenge is this - use Dr. Seuss' funky style
To create something fanciful, I promise it's worthwhile!

So to your stamps you must go- use buttons, use ribbon, use brads or beads,
Let your imagination run wild - just let it concede!

But remember, dear friends, this fun is confined,
to just a few dates and times, please keep all this in mind:

1. You have 45 minutes to create your card using Dr. Seuss as the inspiration. It could be fun color schemes, funky embellishments, unique images, whatever Dr. Seuss inspires you to do!

2. Please use the keyword so your card will go in this challenge's gallery. But be sure to post a link back here so we know you've played!

3. If you don't have time right now to take this challenge, you still have two weeks to play and post! All creations must be posted by August 8!

Good luck, and may the Seuss be with you!

Samples from left to right: mandella17; flutterbees13; peggysue
Attached Images
File Type: jpg S7300290.jpg (42.7 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg Flutterbees13_AUG08VSNMINIL.jpg (38.3 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg AUG08VSNMINILjmt.jpg (79.2 KB, 6 views)

Last edited by peggysue; 07-25-2008 at 06:08 PM..
Stazon Splitcoast

Default AUG08VSNMINIM-Sea Glass 9:00 PM CST

Title: Sea Glass
Hostess: badger-girl (Jennifer)
Keyword: AUG08VSNMINIM
Time: 9:00 PM (CST)

Several years ago some friends from work and I formed a book club. We took turns picking out books, and met every other week or so to discuss the book as well as everything else that was going on in our lives. One of the books that I chose for the group was Sea Glass, by Anita Schreve. It's a great read, which I highly recommend.

Sea Glass, or what I always referred to as "pretties" when I was a kid growing up on the shores of Lake Michigan, is simply bits of glass that have been smoothed and polished by the rolling waves and sand of the ocean.

Here is your challenge: Create a card using the Polished Stone Technique.

Here is a link to a great tutorial by Beate that uses re-inkers
SCS Polished Stone Tutoriall

Here's another that uses alcohol inks and a metallic leafing pen
Polished Stone with Alcohol Ink

Here's yet another that uses pigment ink

Polished Stone with Pigment Ink

***ALL VSN MINI CREATIONS FOR JULY MUST BE UPLOADED BY AUGUST 8***

samples from left to right: badger-girl; flutterbees13; peggysue
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dare (2).jpg (68.3 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg Flutterbees13_AUG08VSNMINIM.jpg (49.2 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg AUG08VSNMINIMjmt.jpg (55.0 KB, 2 views)

Last edited by flutterbees13; 07-25-2008 at 06:11 PM..
Stazon Splitcoast

Default AUG08VSNMININ -- "Sarah Sylvia Cynthia Stout Would Not Take the Garbage Out" 10 PM

Title: Sarah Sylvia Cynthia Stout Would Not Take the Garbage Out
Hostess: JoAnn (sarahzoe)
Keyword: AUG08VSNMININ
Time: 10:00 p.m. CST

Link to the poem: http://www.mste.uiuc.edu/courses/ci4...-Poem-Net.html

This poem, by one of the best known and well loved artists (poet, composer, author, illustrator) of our time; Shel Silverstein, could have been written for scrappers and stampers. We collect, hoard, save, accumulate and pile up all manner of garbage (scraps). This is especially true during the fast pace of VSN. So now, it's time to clean off our tables a bit.

My challenge to you is to make a card using only the supplies that are out on your table right now. If you stamp like I do, you not only have supplies from VSN on your table, but probably supplies from the last several cards you made. If you clean up between each challenge, you may retrieve cutting tools and adhesives along with one card base.
Emergency situation...nothing on your table...you may reach into your scrap pile (eyes closed) and randomly grab 3 or 4 pieces of scrap.
Bonus: add a link in your description to one or two cards that show where you used some of your elements previously.

Have fun and try to knock down that scrap pile an inch or two. Can't wait to see your garbage designs.

**You have 45 minutes to complete this challenge**
ALL VSN MINI CREATIONS FOR JULY MUST BE UPLOADED BY AUGUST 8TH

Uploading Instructions:
Please remember to put in the correct keyword when uploading your image. If you are using additional keywords, you must separate them with a comma. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos. It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in the chat thread in case the gallery is being testy.

samples from left to right: sarahzoe; flutterbees13; peggysue
Attached Images
File Type: jpg AUG08VSNMININb 005.jpg (88.3 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg Flutterbees13_AUG08VSNMININ.jpg (46.5 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg AUG08VSNMININjmt.jpg (79.5 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by peggysue; 07-25-2008 at 07:45 PM..