View Single Post
Old 10-05-2004, 05:19 PM   #51
Janet Swofford
Polyshrink Goddess

Kymbers, I went to high school in Cleveland Co. and have been to that fair a number of times. It's a very nice fair as far as county fairs go, but is in no way as large or in my opinion as nice. The State Fair has everything that you listed , loads of rides, the usual midway games,enough food and beer to give you a heart attack, agriculture, animal shows/competitions,crafts/foods displays and judging, a petting zoo, plenty of musical groups in different areas, a series of horse shows, fireworks nightly,and my personal favorite, The Village of Yesteryear(I think I have that name correct) where different craftsmen and women display their wares(for sell) and many of them demonstrate their craft. Oh and I'm sure you will see an area that features hot tubs for sell!!! I've never been to the LA County Fair, so I can't really compare it to the one in NC. I've been to the KY State Fair and its comparable except that the midway at the KY Fair is actually a real permanent amusement park, Kentucky Kingdom. I think it's a wonderful state fair and I hope you all have a great time. Let me know how it goes and I hope your daughter's cards show well.
Janet
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!