Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-04-2004, 08:14 AM   #1  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Calling All NC Stampers

Hi,
I'm relatively new to this site . I thought I would finally introduce myself.I'm also new to forum sites in general. I've already learned a lot. Everyone has been so generous and helpful!!! I've been stamping for about 5 yrs. and a life long crafter. I'm not a demo, just a very good SU customer.I have several parties a year and attend friend's parties and stamp events that my demo holds, whenever possible. I love getting together with groups of women to stamp. I find it necessary to maintain sanity!
I have been married to my high school sweetheart for 24 yrs.I am a RN by training . I worked in neonatology and pediatric hemeoncology for about 20 years. I loved nursing , but about 4 years ago found it necessary to leave because of my health. I have been a SAHM since then and love every minute of it. We have 2 wonderful children, a 16 yr old DS and a 13 yr old DD. They are wonderful kids but they are definitely TEENAGERS. They keep me on my toes. And they keep me young! They are into band , chorus, boyfriends and girlfriendsand other friends, and are very busy happy kids. We feel so blessed to have them in our lives. They are growing up so fast. We went to a college fair yesterday and I can't believe my DS will graduate in 1 1/2 years and go off to college! It seems like he should still be a toddler!
We live in Durham,NC and I was wondering if there are any other NC stampers out there? I know I've seen some in the posts. I would love to get together with some of you in the future.
Thanks for letting me introduce myself. I really appreciate all of the help and kindness that I've encountered while on this site. You ladies rock!!!
Janet
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-04-2004, 08:55 AM   #2  
Polyshrink Goddess

Hi, Janet! I'm also in Durham and I am a Demo. We actually live right in RTP - myself, DH, 4.5 DD and 11 month old DS. I am also a SAHM and am enjoying it (most of the time!) Are you from the area? I've lived here all my life, which puts me in the minority around here! LOL

Welcome to SCS! Nice to meet you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-04-2004, 08:57 AM   #3  
Pearl-ExPert

I'm a fellow NCer, but in Concord (near Charlotte). I've been a demo for almost 3 years and teach preschool. I have a 4 year old DS and almost 2 year old DD. Nice to meet you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-04-2004, 09:11 AM   #4  
Polyshrink Goddess

Hi ladies,
I am not really from anywhere. My Daddy was a minister. I was born in Indiana ( where my parents were in school),and have lived in several locations in NC and VA. I claim Kings Mountain as home.It's west of Charlotte. My dad pastored a church there when I was in high school and that's where my DH's parents still live on the family farm. We've been in Durham for almost 16 yrs. It's the longest I've lived in any one place! We are in Woodcroft, Stardust. My DH works in RTP for IBM.
It's so nice to meet you both! Nice to know there are some other NC girls out there!!!
Janet
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-04-2004, 09:40 AM   #5  
Forum Fanatic

I'm in Mooresville, which is closer to Concord than Charlotte. I just moved here about 8 months ago. Finally settling in. I have a 13 y.o. DD who is in 8th grade and loves to stamp and scrap with me. I have been a demo just over a year but am definitely making a better push at the business side of it now than before. I love it here. I'm so excited, the leaves are starting to turn. Oh, and being the sheltered ex-Californian I am, I'm completely fascinated by the squirrels, chipmonks, blue jays, cardinals, and other wild life. I had to stop the car the other day to check out a ground hog (never seen one before). I really do love it here.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-04-2004, 09:59 AM   #6  
Polyshrink Goddess

Hi Kymbers,
It's nice to meet you. Welcome to NC. It's a beautiful state. We were just near Concord on Sat. at a band competition. Mt. Pleasants to be exact. My son's band won 1st in their class!!!
The wildlife here is beautiful too. We have all kinds of squirrels, birds, turtlesand deer in our back yard. The other day ,I saw a red fox out there.We love it in NC. It's a great place to raise a family.
Hope to talk to you again soon.
Janet
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-04-2004, 10:03 AM   #7  
Forum Fanatic

Has anyone considered an NC SCS gathering? I know this isn't the best time of year, but maybe this spring we could do something. Just a thought!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-04-2004, 10:09 AM   #8  
Polyshrink Goddess

Great idea!

PS: Kymber, did you get my 2nd PM about the envies?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-04-2004, 10:10 AM   #9  
Polyshrink Goddess

That sounds wonderful! I would love that!Please include me!!! The spring,early,like March wold be best for me.Any later and you start getting into Spring Break and then end of school flurry of concerts , awards dinners, etc.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-04-2004, 10:11 AM   #10  
Insane Embellisher

YAY!! I'm moving to Chapel Hill next month = ) I'd love to get together with people to stamp!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-04-2004, 10:51 AM   #11  
Inking Addict

Default HI..

Hi Janet! I live in Mt. Pleasant and sooo wanted to go to that band competition!!! I bet it was just wonderful... I have lived around here all my life, though I used to be even further out in the boonies! (Rimer Town, ever hear of that place??) Anyway, I am married with a very active 7yr old son, which keeps me almost too busy to stamp! I am a SU demo, but just a hobbiest. Don't have time to be any more than that with my son! Some of my family think that I let him do too many activities, but he has so much energy and loves to participate in so many things! (and I love watching him excel, whereas I was a non-coordinated nerd in school...) Right now we have karate, soccer, and boy scouts going on. As long as he can keep up with his school work, I don't have a problem with him being so active. Besides, I would rather him do that than veg out in front of the tv all the time! hahaha... Ok, enough rambling here... That was probably more info than you all wanted to read anyway!

Hannah~Banana
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-04-2004, 11:36 AM   #12  
Matboard Maniac

I live in NC too, it just seems that I live so far from everyone else. I live in Elizabeth City, which is near the water and half way between Nags Head and Virginia Beach. I love getting together with others to stamp! I just wish more people lived out near me. I would love to do a SCS get together!
Tracy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-04-2004, 11:54 AM   #13  
Crimping Master

I'm stamping in Greensboro, NC. As a recent retiree I have more time to stamp than some of you. Love it!

Glad to know that there are other NC stampers who are also Splitcoasters.

Mary
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-04-2004, 12:03 PM   #14  
Kookie Creator

Default greetings from NC

Greeting from CARY, NC! Actually we WERE Morrisville until a little over a year ago then Cary sucked us up. I followed my college sweetheart here from upstate NY so I'm one of those relocated yankees (I'm not TOO obnoxious about it though). So I've been here since 1992. I am a SAHM to a 4 year old DS and an almost 2 year old DS. I did just stamp two cards today and get them in the mail, a miracle around here. I've been into Stampin Up since January 2004.
Happy Stampin
Noddy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-04-2004, 12:14 PM   #15  
Matboard Maniac

Default NC Stampers

Hi Ladies! I'm a new stamper too, not a demo, but loving stamping. I live in Creedmoor and work in Durham. My demo is in Morrisville. A gtg sounds like fun!

Karen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-04-2004, 12:42 PM   #16  
Hardware Hotshot

Hi MaryMary. Glad to know there are other "old" stampers around. I've been retired since 2000 (took early out at 55) and haven't regreted a minute of it. Only since I retired have I gotten into stamping and it is QUITE addictive, I must say.

I live in Cashiers (southwest of Asheville about 45 miles) 6 months of the year and SW FL the other 6 months -- assuming there is a SW FL still there :>). A get together sounds good; however, I'm not here until May.

Wanda
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-04-2004, 01:35 PM   #17  
Die Cut Diva

Hello! My name is Mandy and I live in Monroe, NC. I am a demo, and I absolutely LOVE stamping! It really is a great thing to get together with friends and stamp, isn't it? Anyway, I am a fifth grade teacher at a Christian school in Matthews, NC and have been married to my husband for coming up on 2 years. We have a cat together. Hahaha... No real kids yet. I agree with you on that! It's nice to meet you!

Mandy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-04-2004, 01:37 PM   #18  
Die Cut Diva

Hmmm...let me clarify! The "I agree with you on that" should have gone after how great it is to stamp with a group! Ha! That's what I get for not proofreading...and what am I always telling my students? SHAME ON ME!

Mandy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-04-2004, 02:05 PM   #19  
Polyshrink Goddess

bump!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-04-2004, 02:13 PM   #20  
Polyshrink Goddess

Hello, I live in Concord and have been stamping for 10 years. I am married and have two Pekingeses. Volunteer nurse at the local free clinic and volunteer EMT for my local fire department. Have been a paper lover since childhood when I used to make paperdolls. Stamper's Alley in Mooresville is the best stamp store I have ever been to. They seem to have all supplies and some great paper too. I love to make stamped cards along with anything else I can come up with to stamp on.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-04-2004, 02:36 PM   #21  
Matboard Maniac

Hey fellow North Carolina peeps. I live here at Seymour Johnson AFB in Goldsboro. Which is about an hour from Raleigh. We moved here 7 months ago from Wichita, KS. Can't say this is the best place to be. I signed up in July to be a Stampin Up demo. That's what has helped me keep my sanity. My husband has been in the AF now for 17 years. We have 2 kids. Benjamin who is 6 (7 on New Years eve) and Hannah 4 (5 on Veteran's day). I am a SAHM. If there is someone close to here would love to have a get together. Back home every Tuesday evening was our stamping night. Anyway, nice to see there are a few of us here in NC.

SCS # 8932
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-04-2004, 02:50 PM   #22  
Mad Swapper

I'm from Raleigh and have been a demo for 2 years. I'm a SAHM with a 5 and 6 year old daughters. My hubby works for IBM in RTP, too! I have had such a hard adjustment since my youngest went to Kindergarten. I thought I would be stamping the day away, but I think I've been through some sort of depression because I haven't even felt like stamping. Today was better though - I'm cleaning out cabinets and closets!

Wendi, SCS Member # 799
www.splitcoaststampers.com/go/sahm_i_am
www.wendibrant.stampinup.net
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-04-2004, 03:43 PM   #23  
Matboard Maniac

Hi all,

Glad to know there are so many of us from NC in this group. I live in Shallotte which is in the southeastern corner of NC, halfway between Wilmington and Myrtle Beach.

I'm married and have an adorable Pomeranian who is my baby. We also have 2 grandchildren, a little girl 6 months and a little boy 2 years (they are my step-grandchildren). I am a high school media coordinator. In other words I'm a librarian.

I began stamping about a year and a half ago and I'm totally hooked. As a matter of fact I just hosted a SU party last week.

I love the idea of a get together. Just let me know when and where.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-04-2004, 04:00 PM   #24  
Mad Swapper

Janet, I missed seeing you at Jennifer's holiday stampin' get-together. Perhaps you came on Tuesday night. I am Carole Richardson and I would love to be included in a NC stamping experience. I also live fairly close to you and would love to get together to stamp for fun and just share new ideas. Jennifer told me about your card with the copper embossing. I was asking about the copper embossing powder and the copper cord. Jennifer told me about your beautiful card. Anyway, I am glad to know you are a member of Splitcoaststampers. I have enjoyed this group so much. I have gained so many ideas from reading some of the forum topcs, etc. Well, talk to you later.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-04-2004, 04:15 PM   #25  
Glitter Queen

Hey Gals,
Im not in NC, but just outside in Rock Hill, SC. For those that dont know, that is just below Charlotte.
For those of you who want to get together with other stampers, I know this is very short notice, but I am having a Stamp till you cramp on Sat. the 9th. Your welcome to come if you would like. Its an all day event! We have a blast!
Glad to see other Carolina stampers!
Shelly
[email protected]
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-04-2004, 04:57 PM   #26  
Insane Embellisher

Me too...I'm from SC....not NC but beside it . If there is ever a SCS get together, in N or SC, I'd LOVE to attend, I don't mind the drive. (I'd do just about anything to stamp!) PLEASE INVITE ME TOO!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-04-2004, 05:26 PM   #27  
Gallery Gazer

Well ladies, I'm ;iving in Virginia, but I'm only 4 miles from the NC border and my oldest son just moved to Raleigh from California. I'm retired and spend most of my time stamping, gardening or doing genealogy. I'd love to get together with ya'll since its not that far from me. I actually have several customers, yes, I'm a demo, that live in NC. Virginia and NC are beautiful states.
Hubby and I actually have a condo in Little River SC, right above MB that we try to go to once in a while. I'd love to meet up with some Myrtle Beach stampers to get with when we do get down there.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-04-2004, 05:48 PM   #28  
Matboard Maniac

Cheryl,

I'm just above the border from Little River, I'm in Shallotte. I would love to get together with anyone in this area that would want to stamp. I have a friend that would also love to be a part of a get together.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-04-2004, 05:51 PM   #29  
Die Cut Diva

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm a demo from Charlotte! I'm a former teacher who loves to teach others what fun stamping is! I'm game for an SCS gathering!

I'm a SAHM with DD 6yrs and DS 4yrs. DH is travelling salesman, so I have time to stamp without him asking, "what did you do all day?" :lol:

Any other Charlotteans around? (Rock Hill, Fort Mill counts, too!)

Vera
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-04-2004, 05:54 PM   #30  
Polyshrink Goddess

I'm in Kernersville, NC (between Winston-Salem & Greensboro). I've been green w/ envy everytime I see a regional SCS get together! I'd love to come to one! I have 4 kids 3-10, & I'm almost always stamping when I shouldn't be...should be cooking, cleaning, or sleeping! Put me on the NC (& VA & SC) SCS guest list please!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-04-2004, 06:53 PM   #31  
Polyshrink Goddess

Hi everyone that has responded to my post! It is so exciting to hear from everybody in NC and surrounding states. It's nice to know I'm not alone. I would certainly be interested in getting together for a regional SCS stamp. Any excuse to stamp!
Carole, sorry I missed you at Jennifer's. Yes I was there on Tues. night. I'm glad she liked my copper card. I've been having lots of fun with the copper stuff! If I ever get brave enough maybe I will post some of my "creations" here. My hubby will have to help me because I'm computer illiterate! He's been so swamped at work lately I can't add more work to his plate now. Let me know if you want to see the card.
Janet
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-04-2004, 07:00 PM   #32  
Polyshrink Goddess

Hi! I'm from just outside Winston-Salem in a little place called Wallburg and love it here. I work from home for a telecommunications company and have a 12 year old daughter. Animals and stamping are my favorite things. I've got 2 cats and a dog, but would have many more if my husband would let me. If I wasn't married I'd become that little old lady with 80 cats! I'd love to be included in a get together.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-04-2004, 07:27 PM   #33  
Polyshrink Goddess

Just wanted to say hello from Western North Carolina, Asheville area to be specific! We have many dedicated and addicted stampers here in the mountains. It would be wonderful to have a SC gathering in North Carolina, actually, maybe 2 of them!, The driving distance can make attending gatherings prohibitive if one lives on the coast or in the mountains. My husband and I have two " furkids" Papillons, Bridget and Riley.... I'm retired from a past career as a lab tech and now am a fairly recent Hobby Demo since March., although the incentive is there to get out and share my love of stamping with anybody I can. So many projects to create, so little time in a day to get it all done, lol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-04-2004, 07:55 PM   #34  
Polyshrink Goddess

Bump!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-05-2004, 04:55 AM   #35  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

**waving wildly at Cindy** :mrgreen:

I am in Asheville, too. Cindy and I are in the same demo group that get together monthly for meetings. We were just talking about a SCS get-together at our meeting on Sunday!! Would love to see it happen! Charlotte is only a couple hours away!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-05-2004, 05:45 AM   #36  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampinginsc
Me too...I'm from SC....not NC but beside it . If there is ever a SCS get together, in N or SC, I'd LOVE to attend, I don't mind the drive. (I'd do just about anything to stamp!) PLEASE INVITE ME TOO!
Oh ~ I know where Rock Hill is. That's where Carowinds is. Did I spell that right? My daughter's bugging me to go to Scarowinds. She loves haunted stuff.

Going to Raleigh on the 16th to go to the fair. My daughter got her entries finished and off to the PO they go tomorrow. If you go to the fair, go by the childrens rubber stamping area, my daughter should be on display there. We are very excited as this will be our first ever STATE fair. In CA we only have county fairs. People keep teasing me about it they don't seem to understand that I like the farm animal section of the fair. And the pig racing. Anyone know if they have pig racing at the State Fair? Can you tell I'm excited?!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-05-2004, 05:49 AM   #37  
Insane Embellisher

Another western NC stamper who is also waving wildly to Cindy and Trudee. :lol: ( I belong to the same demo group as they do.) I am a new demo and recently retired (early) and moved to the beautiful Mountians of NC. Welcome to Janet, and hello to all the NC stampers. Gail
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-05-2004, 06:34 AM   #38  
Glitter Queen

Default Rock Hill/Carowinds

Hey there,
Carowinds is actually in Fort Mill.. but we are just about 12 miles south of it. IF that much. lol We love it!
Shelly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-05-2004, 06:39 AM   #39  
Matboard Maniac

Default From Chapel Hill, NC

Hi fellow NC Stampers...

I am a demo in Chapel Hill, NC. I work at UNC and stamp on the side... Nice to see there are so many from NC on here.
Amy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-05-2004, 08:40 AM   #40  
Polyshrink Goddess

Hi Kymbers, Good luck to your daughter! I hope she wins a blue ribbon! My DD is the same age and grade and loves to stamp. We should get them together! We love the State Fair. It's loads of fun. Yes, they have pig racing. Go to www.ncstatefair.org and click on entertainment and events. I always love the animal expos.I hate we can't go to the fair this year. My DS has band competions every weekend in Oct. We will be coming back your direction this weekend to North Lincoln High School, in Lincolnton. I hope you all enjoy the fair.
Janet
Reply With Quote Likes