Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-03-2004, 12:16 PM   #1  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What do you do with all of your "creations"?

I may be coming to a point where I will be hanging up my SU! apron and enjoying stamping simply from a hobby perspective - still undecided at this point. But, my question is this...for those of you who simply do this for fun, or even for those of you who demo, what do you do with all the things you make? Up to this point, I make cards and such for workshops, hostess gifts, etc, and obviously for the family birthdays and other occasions, but if I choose to leave with SU!, what will I do with all the cards I so love to make? There are weekends when I will make a dozen or more cards. The fact is, I just don't know what to do with them! I have given some to nursing homes, and I do the annual craft shows, but I'm curious to know what you do with yours. I have literally hundreds of card fronts and full cards stuffed in my closet - just sitting there, serving no purpose whatsoever. Am I missing something? Any suggestions? I see all of these wonderful works of art in the gallery...so what have you done with them since posting them?
Sorting through card fronts, anxiously waiting for your advice...
Mary Ann
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-03-2004, 12:25 PM   #2  
Die Cut Diva

I guess I'm new enough that I keep all that stuff for ideas. Most of the cards I have posted in my gallery are no longer in my house. I make them to give them away. My sister-in-law is a demo so I know what you mean about all the swaps. She has a ton but she goes through them every so often to get ideas for a workshop or class.

SAHM to Dominik 1/1/00 & Alyssa 3/8/01
www.splitcoaststampers.com/go/smartinez182

Go Beavers!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-03-2004, 12:29 PM   #3  
Rubber Obsessor

Default what to do with it all?

During the year when I make cards that I think is particularly good I will make three or four of them... At holiday time I make packs of cards to give as small gifts.... Or.... (my sister was always calling wanting me to remake a card and change the saying )-- so now I make them and send them to her with no sentiments... and I give her a sentiment set, and an ink pad. She stamps them as she uses them. (i never sign the backs of my cards and she tells everyone she makes them.... - that's part of the gift - she gets to claim them as her own).

Maxine
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-03-2004, 12:31 PM   #4  
Inking Addict

I recently began making all of my samples full cards. That way, when a set retires (or if I decide not to be a demo anymore), I can use the things I've made. Also, keep in mind that you may be able to turn your card fronts into full cards to use. You can always package them up in a cello bag and give them as a gift (thank you, birthday, christmas, whatever). You also may be able to trade your card fronts for stamps or supplies.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-03-2004, 01:05 PM   #5  
Polyshrink Goddess

Send them to the soldiers either with your own message in them or blank for them to send to their loved ones.Forums at Splitcoaststampers
Keiki cards (organization that sends cards to kids with terminal illnesses)
www.keikicards.org
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-03-2004, 02:15 PM   #6  
Rubber Obsessor

I just took some of my card fronts from swaps and made them full cards and gave them to a friend for a birthday gift. She loved them. I put a generic stamped w/love stamp on the back so they show they are handstamped, but not with my name, as some were from swaps.

I too have several shoe boxes full, but some are hard to part with. I'm trying to scan them so I have the sample and then give them away, at least the retired sets.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-03-2004, 03:26 PM   #7  
Polyshrink Goddess

All of those cards would be welcome by the troops overseas or by the hospitalized soldiers here at home. Both of these donations are sponsored on this site. You could also join the RAK group if you are not already a member. Whatever you do, don't trow them away. They are too valuable.

JMTC- Darla
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-03-2004, 03:38 PM   #8  
Pearl-ExPert

Here's a request for cards for soldiers back from the war:

Forums at Splitcoaststampers

and it doesn't matter if they're discontinued sets!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-03-2004, 05:35 PM   #9  
Glitter Queen

Default All my cards...

I just started doing SU!, but, man, the cards build up FAST!! I found a few friends and family members that work in public places. I've given them each a basket with a sign on the front "$2". Co-workers and such know where to get a handmade card in a rush...forgotten birthday, thank yous and get well cards are just $2 away!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-03-2004, 05:41 PM   #10  
Matboard Maniac

I stamp all year round then when Christmas comes i scurry about and pull together a ton and wrap them up to give them away to family as gifts...I also give the ones with the current sets to my Demo so she can use them as samples. This year I will be adding stamped goodies such as magnets (stamped dominoes) and wine charms to my christmas giving

christy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-03-2004, 05:42 PM   #11  
Stazon Splitcoast

I love making them but usually have far more than I will ever use. I have decided to put some in our Church Missions closet for the missionaries to take when they come. I also will be taking some to the nursing home over the holidays when we take our Home school group caroling. The shut ins love to have beautiful cards to send. I also love the idea of sending them to the troops.
Debbi~SU Demo~SCS#6378
~My Gallery~My SUO Blog~
Mother to 6 and Grandmother to Katie- 7/31/09 & Kyle-12/6/12

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-03-2004, 06:00 PM   #12  
Compulsive Stamper

You could take the cards to a children's hospital, or any hospital for that matter, and lift the patients and their families spirits. My niece was in the hospital for several months. I'm sure that a homemade card from someone who just cared (other than family) would have meant the world to them. There are so many wonderful ways to serve people just by sending them a card.

I hope my idea helps!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-03-2004, 06:01 PM   #13  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

I'm not a demo but I do make a lot of cards. I sell them when I can and gave a LOT as teacher gifts for last Christmas and as end of year gifts.

Kirsten
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-03-2004, 06:11 PM   #14  
Forum Fanatic

I just sent my grandmother some cards with matching envelopes. She loves to send cards to everyone, but she is on a limited budget. I also printed out return address labels and adhered them on the envelopes. I put stamps on them, too. This way, she just needs to address the envelope and write on the inside.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-03-2004, 07:07 PM   #15  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Christine, I love your sweet spirit to do that for your Gma...and wow all these ideas are great!!! I have so many people that I send cards to I am always looking for another card!! LOL Be nice to have a problem of what to do with them sometime!!! LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-03-2004, 07:38 PM   #16  
Polyshrink Goddess

I have a curiosity question ....

How many people that make cards ... do not send out cards on a regular basis? How many people send cards for more than just birthdays and Christmas? I have never been the best writer in the world, but my sister is an angel ... this is how she and I have become so obsessed with card making ... in the beginning it was to support her habit. She sends 30-50 cards a week to friends and family. And she sends cards to the sick and elderly through her church every month.

I have much to learn from her ... I manage to send out about 5 cards a week, but I wish that I was much better at it!

Kimberly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-03-2004, 08:42 PM   #17  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by kittymeow
All of those cards would be welcome by the troops overseas or by the hospitalized soldiers here at home. Both of these donations are sponsored on this site. You could also join the RAK group if you are not already a member. Whatever you do, don't trow them away. They are too valuable.

JMTC- Darla

This is what I just did with 2 boxes full of cards/cardfronts. I made about half of them into cards & a couple gals are going to help me with the rest. My share will be mailed out to the hospital hopefully this week.

Marjori Miller

Come stamp with me!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-03-2004, 10:55 PM   #18  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by Christine P
I just sent my grandmother some cards with matching envelopes. She loves to send cards to everyone, but she is on a limited budget. I also printed out return address labels and adhered them on the envelopes. I put stamps on them, too. This way, she just needs to address the envelope and write on the inside.
That is such a nice idea! Your grandmother must adore you. I think I may do this for my grandmother as well. She loves my handmade cards but your added touch is really special. Thanks for sharing.

-Jessica
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-04-2004, 09:05 AM   #19  
Glitter Queen

Default so sweet!

Sending them to gramma is so sweet! Hmmmm...I wonder if my gramma would use them? I think she'd just put them in the box with all the schoolmade stuff she kept from when I was little!! =)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-04-2004, 10:23 AM   #20  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Default extra cards

When I read your ? the first thought that came to mind was "send to Lana"! LOL!! I do send a lot to her Ü
I used to be a demo and had lots of card fronts too. I made them into full cards and gave them to my non-stamping family members for Christmas. Just bundled them up and tied w/ a pretty ribbon. They loved them! My gr'ma stamps w/ me, and she DEFINITELY does not need more cards! I bet she has stamped over 500 of them! LOL!
I love to give my handstamped stuff away. I rarely have extra cards on hand-esp when I need them. Seems like everytime I make up a bunch, I think of someone to send them too! :lol:
Debbie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-04-2004, 10:40 AM   #21  
Cardstock Collector

I have a girlfriend who gave stamped cards with envelopes and stamps to her grandparents (6 sets!) as Christmas presents. They were set for the whole year. And since they are on a budget and have limited mobility, it was perfect for them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-04-2004, 10:41 AM   #22  
Glitter Guru

I have to add another question here !!!! I am so curious how you all make your card fronts into cards...my mind just can't figure that one out !!! lol Do you just cut around the edges and then attach to a full card or what !!! Understanding the simple has never been one of my better talents !!!!!! :?
Reply With Quote Likes