Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-02-2004, 11:36 AM   #1  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ideas for Christmas presents?

I am doing a fund raiser for our preschool, and I would like to present ideas for Christmas presents that kids make with their parents! (Stamping, of course) You all are extremely creative... Ideas?!?!? Thank you!!!!!!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2004, 12:52 PM   #2  
Polyshrink Goddess

In my DS kindergarten class last year we made post-it note holders for Father's Day. Just a strip of paper cut to the width of the post-it note, and long enough that you can wrap it and close on the front. Then we used self stick velcro as a closure. Before we put the post-it notes inside or stuck on the velcro we had the kids decorate them. We used some of the teachers stamps, and washable ink, stickers, crayons, whatever they wanted. It was a huge hit. Or, notepad covers would be a good one too. You could just have them cut and scored then the kids decorate them. You, or the kids, could then glue the covers on.

Good luck,
Jodi
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2004, 03:37 PM   #3  
Crimping Master

Most of the items we made at PS had to do with their little hand prints. Using acrylic paint we placed hand prints on tiles, on cloth placemats and sets of cloth napkins. We did individual hand prints, two hands together making butterfly wings (draw in body and antennae) and hand prints in a circle to make a wreath (add red dot splashes for berries). HTH

Annette
http://stamponthis.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2004, 04:08 PM   #4  
Polyshrink Goddess

Lisa,

I am very interested in how you are doing this! My DD's preschool could definintely use a fundraiser and I have been trying to come up with an idea to present. Was thinking of some kind of craft show but would LOVE to hear your ideas, as I have never organized anything like this before.

THANKS!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-03-2004, 07:50 AM   #5  
Polyshrink Goddess

Oh I have LOTS of ideas on fund raising, and some on stamping fund raisers, but I want to find out if anyone on here has actually DONE some cute stamping with preschoolers - gifts, I mean. I am a demo, so the fund raising comes from sales going to the school... Christina, I will PM you as I have so many ideas for preschool fund raisers... (I am on the fund raising committee and have heard some great ideas, and have had some ideas...)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-03-2004, 07:54 AM   #6  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

What about using the fun frames, with card stock mounted on the back, and attaching magnetic strip for fridge photo holders?

Kids decorate the fun frames as they wish, with stamps, stickers, glitter, etc. Just turn' 'em loose! (Hard for me to do, as for me working with children is like being pecked to death by a duck, but I tip my hat to those that can!) :shock:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-03-2004, 08:31 AM   #7  
Pearl-ExPert

What about making cards? Simple, one layer cards would be easy enough for them to do themselves...use the kid ink and they'll even wash clean (kids and clothes, that is) after they're done.

They could also create double time sheets that you could cut up and glue onto cardfronts. They could stamp, color and even leave their handprints on the sheets.

My daughter is 4 and has been stamping with me for 2 years...she loves the Ho-Ho-Holidays set and picked it for "her" Christmas cards this year.
Heather, proud SCS member #132
Gallery
- Blog

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-03-2004, 08:41 AM   #8  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by JulieHRR
(Hard for me to do, as for me working with children is like being pecked to death by a duck, but I tip my hat to those that can!) :shock:
:lol: Too funny Julie!! Next scout meeting I lead, I'll be picturing a duck pecking me to death!
And there's four in 'platitude-quoting idiot'. Go figure.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-03-2004, 11:25 AM   #9  
Glitter Queen

Default Picture mats

For the grandmothers on Mother's day, my 2 year old daughter and I made mats for pictures using the wheels. My favorite was double matting a 5x7 black & white photo. I used the love swirls wheel with black ink on white vellum to create a frame for the photo then black cs to creat the double mat and placed it in a silver 8x10 frame. It was awesome.

Clear glass or plastic cutting boards (stamp on the non-cutting side), large floor tiles as trivetts, tumbled tiles as coasters. . .

Gift tags for Christmas would be quick and simple. Take perforated sheets used for business cards and smaller Christmas stamps.

Hope this helps!! Have fun.

Wendy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-03-2004, 01:12 PM   #10  
Polyshrink Goddess

Okay, here is the "Cliff note" version of what I have gleaned so far from this site and all of you wonderfully talented and creative people!!!
The preschoolers and their parents can decorate with stamps for gifts:
memo cubes