Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-02-2008, 12:28 AM   #1  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rubber Stamp & Scrapbook Expo and other Stamp Shows

There are so many different Stamp/Scrap shows out there. Has anyone attended one of these? I am doing some traveling soon and wondered what to expect from some of these shows. I have heard of Heirloom Stamp Show and StampScrapArt Tour...any good? Worth visiting?

I haven't heard anything good about Rubber Stamp & Scrapbook Expo, although they claim to be the LARGEST show. Has anyone attended any of these shows?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-02-2008, 12:58 AM   #2  
Insane Embellisher

I just went to a Heirloom Convention in Oregon. Which is usually the one they have here. It kind of depends how good it is, by how big it is. How many vendors are going to be there. I used to live in Los Angeles and those were BIG. Here in Oregon, they are alot smaller, not as many vendors come here. But I always think they are worth going to. Hope you have fun if you go
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-02-2008, 02:05 PM   #3  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by banana.cream.pieView Post
There are so many different Stamp/Scrap shows out there. Has anyone attended one of these? I am doing some traveling soon and wondered what to expect from some of these shows. I have heard of Heirloom Stamp Show and StampScrapArt Tour...any good? Worth visiting?

I haven't heard anything good about Rubber Stamp & Scrapbook Expo, although they claim to be the LARGEST show. Has anyone attended any of these shows?
We were just at the Milwaukee Rubber Stamp and Scrapbook Expo and the Rubber stamp Roundup and they were lots of fun!

Hugs,
Gina K.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-02-2008, 02:44 PM   #4  
Crimping Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThatGirlThereView Post
I just went to a Heirloom Convention in Oregon. Which is usually the one they have here. It kind of depends how good it is, by how big it is. How many vendors are going to be there. I used to live in Los Angeles and those were BIG. Here in Oregon, they are alot smaller, not as many vendors come here. But I always think they are worth going to. Hope you have fun if you go
I also went to the one in Oregon recently. It is small, but I agree that it's worth attending. I've gone the last 3 years and always find great things to spend my money on! ;)

Barb
SCS Redfern
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-02-2008, 08:58 PM   #5  
Stazon Splitcoast

Rubber Stamp Round up is the first weekend in May here in Las Vegas
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-02-2008, 11:40 PM   #6  
Polyshrink Goddess

I've been to the Expo, they have it here in CO every fall. It's gotten bigger the last couple of years. They usually have a list of vendors on their site. I like it a lot more than RM Rubber Hi, but then I love just about any show!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-03-2008, 12:21 AM   #7  
Die Cut Diva

I want an Expo or SOMETHING to come to South Florida!! Has anyone heard of any coming soon?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-03-2008, 02:16 AM   #8  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 252 Likes on 177 Posts

I went to the show in Las Vegas 2 years ago and it was great. Not that big but I learned alot of new techniques and you see lots of new stamps out. I am going to the Heirloom show in June in MA.

I also love to send cards each month to Love Notes Fairy. Click here for more info https://jenniferbelthoff.com/love-notes-fairy/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-03-2008, 02:17 AM   #9  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 252 Likes on 177 Posts

I went to the show in Las Vegas 2 years ago and it was great. Not that big but I learned alot of new techniques and you see lots of new stamps out. I am going to the Heirloom show in June in MA.

I also love to send cards each month to Love Notes Fairy. Click here for more info https://jenniferbelthoff.com/love-notes-fairy/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-03-2008, 05:44 AM   #10  
Crimping Master

I went to the Scrapbook Expo last weekend. Very cool, but more emphasis on SBing (which I do, also)!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-03-2008, 05:51 AM   #11  
Die Cut Diva

Here in Atlanta we have had the Heirloom show for years. It was always really big and great to go to. Then we also got the StampScrapArt tour. Suddenly we had 2 shows but they were both small - vendors would do 1 show and not the other. I really would rather have 1 large show then 2 small shows. Of the 2, I think I like Heirloom better just because I only stamp, I don't scrapbook.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-03-2008, 05:56 AM   #12  
Matboard Maniac

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Yippee....we were at the Milwaukee rubber show and saw Gina K....again....yippee....and her cute family. Also got another crafting pal hooked on her goodies. She didn't buy enough, so she'll be placing an order....hindsight save the shipping! I warned her she'd be hooked. Loved the Gamsol demo!

But back to the OP....the shows are great fun. New products, meeting peeps and just playing!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-03-2008, 05:58 AM   #13  
Forum Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 18 Posts

The Original Rubber Stamp Convention (Rubberamma) from Stamp In the Hand comes to Sacramento, CA on April 12. I always go and have a good time. Some years are better than others but its always worth it and always spend too much.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-03-2008, 06:09 AM   #14  
Rubber Obsessor

Smile

Made plans to go to Vegas that weekend and found out about the show. I have never even been to a stamp/scrap show before. I am excited to see how it is. Has anyone been to their ice cream social for the rubber stamp roundup? Just wondering if it is worth it. Any tips for the newbie?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-03-2008, 06:47 AM   #15  
Hardware Hotshot

I'll be teaching at the Rubber Stamp Expo in St. Charles IL in September
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-03-2008, 07:18 AM   #16  
Polyshrink Goddess

I've gone to the Heirloom show in Novi, MI (I think it's 8/16 and 8/17 this year) for several years--in fact, before it was Heirloom it was Auntie Annies. HUGE. HUGE! I've always had a great time and come away with my eyes spinning in my head for all the things I've seen demo'd!

The same show comes to Fort Wayne, IN, in October--smaller, less crowded, less vendors--and good to pick up what you wish you had gotten at Novi.

The best advice I can give is to look at the show listing and the vendor list--then decide if it's what you want to attend.

GINA K--any chance you'll be at the Novi show?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-03-2008, 07:42 AM   #17  
Inking Addict

A friend and I are going to Adventures in Stamping at the John S. Knight Center in Akron, Ohio on April 27th . They have about 60 or so vendors at this one. They also come back to Northeast Ohio in October, but that one is smaller with about 40+ vendors. I always go to the bigger one. I always take $150.00 with me and the most I have ever come back with is $7.00. Their website is www.AdventuresInStamping.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-03-2008, 11:45 AM   #18  
Polyshrink Goddess

Oh wow! Now I want to go to Akron . . .
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-03-2008, 05:33 PM   #19  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deb ZaView Post
I've gone to the Heirloom show in Novi, MI (I think it's 8/16 and 8/17 this year) for several years--in fact, before it was Heirloom it was Auntie Annies. HUGE. HUGE! I've always had a great time and come away with my eyes spinning in my head for all the things I've seen demo'd!

The same show comes to Fort Wayne, IN, in October--smaller, less crowded, less vendors--and good to pick up what you wish you had gotten at Novi.

The best advice I can give is to look at the show listing and the vendor list--then decide if it's what you want to attend.

GINA K--any chance you'll be at the Novi show?
We want to. I plan to call tomorrow. I heard that they changed the date so there might still be openings.

*Crossing my fingers*

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-03-2008, 05:38 PM   #20  
Polyshrink Goddess

I'll cross my fingers, too!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-03-2008, 05:40 PM   #21  
Pearl-ExPert

Scrapbook Expo in Orlando last weekend was fun Mostly scrapbooking, but my mom had the CTMH booth there and did really well!!
Fran, CKC will be in Ft. Lauderdale. . .but I don't know how much stampy stuff will be there. I forget when it is. It's coming though! And Scrapbook Expo will be in Tampa in December.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-03-2008, 06:32 PM   #22  
Splitcoast DirtyDozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by franb63View Post
I want an Expo or SOMETHING to come to South Florida!! Has anyone heard of any coming soon?
It's not South Florida, but StampFest Orlando is in June.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-03-2008, 08:13 PM   #23  
Rubber Obsessor

My friend and I traveled to Mesa, AZ last month for their RS convention...small (30 or so vendors) but high quality! I've also been to Rocky Mtn Rubber Hi in Denver...just so-so. Also been to the Rubber Stamp & Scrapbook Expo near Chicago and Colorado....Colorado's show is so-so, but the one near Chgo was pretty decent.

IMHO, Stampaway in Cinci in August is the mother of all stamp shows...2 solid floors of the Sharonville convention center. Practically impossible to see everything in the one day they have it. I even go to the limited attendance Friday night preview and still have problems getting everything in!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2008, 08:43 AM   #24  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by craftycView Post
My friend and I traveled to Mesa, AZ last month for their RS convention...small (30 or so vendors) but high quality! I've also been to Rocky Mtn Rubber Hi in Denver...just so-so. Also been to the Rubber Stamp & Scrapbook Expo near Chicago and Colorado....Colorado's show is so-so, but the one near Chgo was pretty decent.

IMHO, Stampaway in Cinci in August is the mother of all stamp shows...2 solid floors of the Sharonville convention center. Practically impossible to see everything in the one day they have it. I even go to the limited attendance Friday night preview and still have problems getting everything in!
I agree Cincy is the best. We have probably "bumped" into each other. We always go on Friday night. DH is taking me to Akron next week for our anniversary. Not as big but still worth going to. I like the Heirloom show in Indy but probably not worth a long drive. I did go to one in FT Wayne, IN and it was alright also. Any reason to explore and stamp.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2008, 09:43 AM   #25  
Matboard Maniac

I've been to conventions put on by 4 different companies. Heirloom, Stamp and Scrap Art Tour, Rubber Stamp Events, and the Rubberstamp and Scrapbook Expo. They all have their pluses. The vendors vary according to promoter. It does seem like the shows are getting smaller as the frequency of them increases. In Illinois alone this year there are going to 4 that I know of. (I'm moving back there in a month!!)

I went to the one in Milwaukee last spring and was terribly disappointed in it. They had about 35 vendors and half of them were for beading supplies. Sorry not a beader and what few beads I use on my cards won't be that expensive. We didn't go to that one this year because of it.

I'd say check the list of vendors and classes at any you're thinking about and compare them. Go out to the vendors websites and see what they're selling. Then determine cost of going, what with gas so expensive it may not be worth your effort. That said I don't pass up many of them!!

toni
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2008, 09:48 AM   #26  
Polyshrink Goddess

Anybody know of any in or around Connecticut?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2008, 09:54 AM   #27  
SuG
Forum Fanatic

i always go to the CKU at the convention center in Valley Forge PA It is Creating Keepsakes, Lots of stamps and scrapbooking stuff. Some great classes (some not so great).
I think it it really big but I have nothing to compare it to, I am not sure I would want to go to a bigger one.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2008, 09:56 AM   #28  
Polyshrink Goddess

I'm heading to the Adventures in Stamping 2008 in Akron OH next weekend. This is my 4th year, look forward to it and plan everyone's schedule around me for that weekend. I always go on Saturday, battle the crowd and see what's available. Buy what I "can't do without" and then come home, think about everything I saw and head back on Sunday, enjoy everything without the hugh crowd and buy what I know that I "just have to have." Not taking any classes this year but have all the other years. Look forward to it every year and love the 'ME' weekend.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2008, 10:53 AM   #29  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toni in KansasView Post
I've been to conventions put on by 4 different companies. Heirloom, Stamp and Scrap Art Tour, Rubber Stamp Events, and the Rubberstamp and Scrapbook Expo. They all have their pluses. The vendors vary according to promoter. It does seem like the shows are getting smaller as the frequency of them increases. In Illinois alone this year there are going to 4 that I know of. (I'm moving back there in a month!!)

I went to the one in Milwaukee last spring and was terribly disappointed in it. They had about 35 vendors and half of them were for beading supplies. Sorry not a beader and what few beads I use on my cards won't be that expensive. We didn't go to that one this year because of it.

I'd say check the list of vendors and classes at any you're thinking about and compare them. Go out to the vendors websites and see what they're selling. Then determine cost of going, what with gas so expensive it may not be worth your effort. That said I don't pass up many of them!!

toni
They didn't do that this year. This year it was all rubber stamp companies. It was really good in fact. (We weren't their last year, tho' so I didn't know how they set it up.)

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2008, 10:55 AM   #30  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by sistastamperView Post
Anybody know of any in or around Connecticut?
Heirloom has their's the first weekend in June in Springfield MA. I've been a couple of times. It's not huge, but definitely fun. Unfortunately I can't go this year, relatives from out of town will be here that weekend.

Debby
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2008, 12:25 PM   #31  
Linking Queen

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by deshacraftsView Post
Heirloom has their's the first weekend in June in Springfield MA. I've been a couple of times. It's not huge, but definitely fun. Unfortunately I can't go this year, relatives from out of town will be here that weekend.
They also have one in Rhinebeck, NY each September. I think it is the third weekend this year (but not positive). I live about 40 minutes from Danbury and I think it took 75 minutes to get to Rhinebeck. Hope that helps but I do suggest you go to Heirloom's website and also to Mapquest.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2008, 01:38 PM   #32  
Die Cut Diva

I went to the one in Pennsauken, NJ April 5-6. I had a blast. I thought it would be a bunch of scrapbook stuff, but it was more for rubber stamping. Very little scrapbook (I'm not a scrapbooker at all). It was the first time I had ever been to one. From what people tell me it wasn't all that big, there were probably about 35 vendors there, but it worked for me! Not very many people there either. That made it even better for those of us that did go. There were lots of demos, since there were so few people, the vendors had the time. I spent about 5 hours the first day and went back on Sunday for the other 4. Spent more money than I realized till I got my credit card bill this week. I didn't go on Friday night, but after hearing about it on Saturday, I wished I had gone.

The only other close one was the weekend after in Allentown, PA. I really wasn't interested in driving that far. I do understand that that one is larger. It's a different company that organizes that one.

Now that I know what's it's like, I can't wait till next year!

Patti
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2008, 02:44 PM   #33  
Insane Embellisher

I went to Allentown this past weekend and it was loads of fun. Spent more than I would have liked to. Heirloom does that one and another one in York PA in the fall.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2008, 03:36 PM   #34  
Rubber Obsessor

If you do go to Adventures in Stamping in Akron, Ohio you should take the time to visit Hollo's. It is about a 45 minutes drive from downtown Akron. They sell cardstock for $1.00 per pound. THey don't always have all the colors but they always have the basics. It is mostly 8 1/2 x 11 but they do have some 12/12.

Hollo's PaperCraft
1878 Pearl Rd., Brunswick, OH 44212-3252
(330) 225-0911
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2008, 03:43 PM   #35  
Polyshrink Goddess

I also went to the one in Pennsauken NJ a few weekends ago. I've still got my program and there were 23 vendors there. I had a great time -- stayed 6 hours and even went back to some booths a second time. I did research and looked at the vendor list on the web site. Lots of companies I never heard of! I usually go to the Heirloom show in September in Rhinebeck NY but last year I was sort of disappointed as it seems to be getting smaller.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2008, 05:42 PM   #36  
Polyshrink Goddess

If you get the chance to go to come to Akron, OH for the 'Adventures in Stamping' show, don't miss stopping in at Hollo's and STOCk UP on envelopes also. I make a few trips every year and stock up with paper and evelopes. Can't beat the price!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2008, 05:58 PM   #37  
Stampin' Fool

Scrapbook Expo second weekend in July in Atlanta, GA is always great, both scrapbook and stampin' stuff. I save my vacation time and $$ for this show.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2008, 08:13 PM   #38  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Send a message via Skype™ to BadSherry

Quote:

Originally Posted by StampinMama1204View Post
A friend and I are going to Adventures in Stamping at the John S. Knight Center in Akron, Ohio on April 27th . They have about 60 or so vendors at this one. They also come back to Northeast Ohio in October, but that one is smaller with about 40+ vendors. I always go to the bigger one. I always take $150.00 with me and the most I have ever come back with is $7.00. Their website is www.AdventuresInStamping.com
Hey, I'm working this show!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2008, 09:48 PM   #39  
Die Cut Diva

OK, To answer the original question... Heirloom is the oldest promoter and bought out the Auntie Amy shows. There are a core group of vendor's that do most of the Heirloom shows around the country.

I will, Coincidentally, be attending the one in Springfield MA in June..

Two or three years ago (could be four) a group of vendors decided to self promote and started the StampScrapArt Tour. They have been smaller shows to start with as new promoters, but I still managed to spend money. I was out of town last year and not sure if they have a New England show scheduled for this year..

The Rubber stamp and scrapbook expo seems to focus more on scrapping and last year (the one in Providence RI) at least had a lot of bead booths. So that one I find the least to personally interest me. That said, there are always a few vendors who manage to get my money.. This year, that show which was in RI in April last year is in CT in July this year. Attendance seemed way off last year, so not sure if that is the reason for the change or what. My friends as a group are less invested in this show, so we will probably go if we aren't doing anything else, but not make a special trip.

All shows seem to me, as a consumer, to be off in both attendance and number of vendors. I think this will continue as discretionary income is spent on gas and food and not on the craft budget. I was just at my local stamp store, she was selling tickets for Springfield and promoting a bus tour, and she said that classes were more expensive at the wholesale show and most vendors were featuring clear or cling mounted stamps. I think with the airlines both raising prices and adding new fees for fuel and multiple bags, it will directly impact vendors who have to fly to shows.

There my whole dollars worth!

Betsy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2008, 04:46 AM   #40  
Polyshrink Goddess

Hello. I'm new and just jumping in after posting my first greeting a few days ago... How lucky you all are to have these expos to go to! I don't know of any near me. Anyone from the Hickory/Charlotte, NC area who knows of any?
Reply With Quote Likes